Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Help! with media censorship project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 20-05-2003, 00:54   #1
@_@

Send a message via AIM to 0newinged Send a message via Yahoo to 0newinged
Question Help! with media censorship project

Well, I'm going to be doing a project for school which can be based on any "hot topic" we pick. So I'm thinking of doing censorship in the media and how it affects us... Of course I'm going to be doing part of it on t.A.T.u., and I have a fair amount of information to work with on that, but I'm trying to find some other articles that deal with the topic. So far today I'm having a hard time brainstorming... I can't really find any good articles or ideas to use besides the t.A.T.u. theme ... Anyone got any ideas that could help me out? It would be *really* appriciated Thanx!
Old 20-05-2003, 01:03   #2
ROCK FOR LIGHT

How recent does the info have to be? I'm sure you could find some stuff on Ice-T and 2 Live Crew with no problem.
~~~~~~~~~~~
as sick as i am, i would never be you
Old 20-05-2003, 02:06   #3
Участник

Try searching for articles about Wal-Mart. The CDs they sell are often slightly different than other retailers. Case in point, I notices one of Eminem's CDs at Wal-mart had the track listing altered to not show the swear words ('*' instead of letters). The same CD at a locally owned store had a non-edited track list. Wal-Mart has also asked computer game makers to tone down the violence in some games (sorry, don't remember any examples). The reason I mention Wal-Mart at all is it alone accounts for such a huge percentage of retail sales in the US that if manufacturers don't do what Wal-Mart wants, it can destroy a product by not carrying it.

The video for Mystical's song "Shake Ya Ass" was submitted as is to BET, but MTV got "Shake It Fast". Mystical (or his producers) self sensored the song because he didn't expect it to get as much airplay if they didn't (not that that video left any doubt as to what was being shaken).

Look up the PMRC (Parents' Music Resouce Center). You can start with http://archive.aclu.org/library/pbr3.html.
Old 20-05-2003, 04:45   #4
@_@

Send a message via AIM to 0newinged Send a message via Yahoo to 0newinged
thank you Disengage & Charles for the ideas! I'll check them out
ReplyPost New Thread