Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Tatu in Podnebesnaya. Releases from 21.02.04 and 22.02.04. [aka Eps. 11 & 12]

Old 23-02-2004, 00:16   #101
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's the bottom line.
katbeidar,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:21   #102
Участник

First of all:
Million thanks to Hare for the mp3
– the more I listen to it the more I like it. It’s so often like this when I hear a new tatu song. First 10 seconds I think: “what the hell … “ Now I love it (The same thing happened with Nichya and NVNB)
And million thank to Sunny Poison for the report – very interesting - and thanks for the extra info.
We’d be lost without you.

Second:
About Yulia being rude towards fans.
Well – here is what Malaysian paper New Straits Times wrote about Lena:
http://www.emedia.com.my/Current_New...le/indexb_html

Quote:
While most celebrities, from Siti Nurhaliza to Sugababes, made plenty of stops on their way in to pose for the cameras and talk to the Press, Lena of the Russian duo t.A.T.u gave love a bad name by marching nonchalantly on the red carpet and ignoring requests for autographs.
Oh… these other stars love their fans so much - really?
Of course it’s not for me to say if Sugarbabes don’t really care for their fans – but they sure know a good photo opportunity when they see one.

Yes, Lena could have had some very nice picture taken – maybe she should have done that – it sure would have satisfied the press and some fans.

It's just that it is very difficult to make moral judgement from actions like this – when we don’t know for certain what is behind it (intent, mood, feeling etc.)

Old 23-02-2004, 00:27   #103
Участник

Rob, finally, we agree on something.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:35   #104
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Rob, finally, we agree on something.
Shocking but true.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:39   #105
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
oh, u are welcome! no need to thank me tho. i'm sure any of you would do it if could see the show. But seems i'm the only one here *sigh*

so... here's the update for ya:

Well, it's not any surprising that todays episode was devoted to Yulia's bday. This girl is 19 now. So...

==============
Today

Seems she was celebrating it today. The show began with Yulia standing in the bathroom in her panties and t-shirt and trying to make something with her hair. Her dad was running around fixing all kinds of things. The subtitle said Yulia celebrated her bday with her family and close friends. She wasn't even invited to Podnebesnaya.
It seems Mr.Volkov is the one who constantly reminds Yulia what a bastard Ivan is. He pretended like he was Ivan using hypnosis 'Sleep... sleep... we don't need money... but I'll get them all myself... I'll buy myself a new car...' he said it would be ok if Ivan let the girls earn those money. But he was acting like a kid who's stolen the candy and ran away. Yulia's dad also said that Ivan crossed the line. That even world famous producers couldn't treat their stars the way Ivan did. That he felt free to call any of girls 'dupe' or to make them wait for him for hours... while any other producer, even the genious one, would be immediately fired for that.
Yulia said the last drop was Ivan saying they shouldn't care about fans. That if they think about what fans want, they won't achieve anything. And Yulia couldn't understand who they were working for then. So she said: 'when he said that, I understood there was nothing to talk about with this guy. I just stood up and went away. it was useless to argue with him'.
Then ivan's present arrived. Can u believe what it was? LoL It was a portrait of his beautiful self in a massive border. Yulia didn't even know how to react... if she was to laugh or to cry. Mr. Volkov suggested to hide it somewhere but Yulia said the border was beautiful... like it was a n icon... so Mansky suggested to remove Ivan's pic and put there someone's else. He had his reason to suggest it. So after some thinking Yulia's dad began to work on it.

Yulia's 18th bday time. Some stuff from their US visit shown where Yulia seems to have lots of fun on tv shows and her bf Pasha is also around.

Ivan driving the car: I don't want to choose the present for her actually. She doesn't need anything. Except some sign of normal human love. I'll better buy some border and give her my photo. She doesn't need diamonds or something... and computer is something her parents can give her. The thing she needs the most now is me. And any other present just won't work.
Some pendant with my photo? Well... she has not only lena, but boyfriend as well. And pendant is something u wear on u. I don't want to upset the guy.
She never invited me to her bdays... one bday we spent shooting the video... another... well... I just came to congratulate her...
It's very difficult to give presents... why? Well... I ask you... why? May be coz I don't love her much enough?
Mansky: May be...
Ivan: But how can one not loving the person do as much as I did for her? This bday has a bad background. You know, she has these problems with her voice... it's phsycological problem that leads to the physical one. And we can do nothing about it. The only thing we can do is to stop the project.
Mansky: Can you change the girl?
Ivan: Change the girl? How can I change her? Or you mean replace with another one? How? The whole project is based on their personalities... so what for? Money? Thanks, I have enough.
Oh... I have the idea. I'll find the photo she doesn't have and put it there. Yeah...
*Ivan sits at his office working on Yulia's photo carefully. This action takes place after he spent lots of time in the shop trying to find the right border... paying attention to material, colors... all*

Today again

Finally Yulia's dad manages to put the background panel off. He gives Yulia her picture he found there. The girl looks touched and puzzled at the same time. She tries to camouflage her strong emotion but kinda fails to do it. She says the border looks cool... like it was made for an icon... but wonders why he took her image at all and why he placed it behind his. then she supposes it was to show she's behind him. that she should follow him or something.
Mr.Volkov says they better shouldn't open the border and now Yulia is going to be worried but Yulia interrupts him saying something like: 'I always worried about him. He became someone really important for us in these 3 years. He was different then. And I need to thank him for what he did... HE made us to be who we are now. He gave us that USA success. And it's a pity that this all happens now'
Yulia's dad: But is wasn't only HIM. lots of other ppl were around and THEY made this project successful... Kiper, Lyonya, Galoyan...
Yulia: But all ideas were HIS. Yeah... Kiper wrote that line... Galoyan wrote the music... but HE did everything. He chose the songs, made all those actions... This BOOM was created by him...

Yulia's dad shows the huge pack of letters Yulia got for her bday. Mansky asks if all those fans knew their adress. Mr.Volkov says 'yes' and shows letter Yulia got from prison with 'TATU FOREVER' written on the envelope. Dad's eyes shine with pride for his daughter. he also shows 2 huge teddy bears fan gave Yulia for her bday and opens the door to show some fans standing there. Mansky talks to those fans. 4 girls and one shy guy somewhere behind. Those girls talk a lot about TATU and that without Y&L there won't be TATU. 2 girls even kiss. When asked about how they found the adress, they said it was in Internet and then show Mansky the wall where adresses and phone numbers of Yulia, Lena and Smash guys are written. mansky asks who they love more, yulia or Lena, fans say they love both. just they don't know lena's new adress as she moved. They also show photos they taken with Yulia and Lena and say that Yulia is very nice to her fans. That she always find time to chat to them... and when there are few of them around... like 4-5... she even goes for a walk with them. When Pasha arrives with a huge boucket they greet him like an old friend and he smiles and says 'hello' back. He leaves the flowers to Yulia's dad and leaves. Mansky keeps talking to fans and girls say they are quitting smoking now as Yulia said she quit. Which brings smile to Mr. Volkov's face and he says: 'see? she' not such a bad influence as that deputee said'

At this time Yulia is sitting in some studio getting ready for the program she was invited to. Once she arrives, the host gives her flowers and toy dog... he also congratulates her with spring, saying when the girl wich such a spring smile is around, it's spring even at the 20th of Feb. They talk a bit. He asks Yulia if the rumors are true and that both girls try to work solo from now... Yulia says 'not. We are a duo. Lena and me. Then the surprise arrive. 2 huuuge bouckets of flowers with Sergey and Vlad from Smash behind them. Yulia looks happy, hugs them her eyes shining... they congratulate her... blah... blah... blah... Host asks if it's true if Yulia and Sergey are relatives. Sergey says yulia is his step sister. Yulia looks at him her smile never fading and asks if they don't look alike. Host says they are like twins but he thought of them more like of a wife and husband. Everyone laughs and Yulia says they are this and that... Sergey congratulates her once again and wishes her love. Yulia is like 'hey! but i want it with YOU'. So everyone is having a good time there.

================

Ivan didn't call Yulia that day.

Lots of fans came to Podnebesnaya to sing songs and congratulate Yulia.

The administration of Pekin hotel asked Ivan to leave the studio before 1st march, so the show as it is came to it finish line mansky writes.

Amen.

Last edited by la aurora; 23-02-2004 at 03:30.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:46   #106
Участник

Thanks for your reports, sunny poison!

I'd not been following the discussion here as it happened, so I'd like to make a few observations now.

Yulia is rude and arrogant - but I don't think that her not going to Singapore is a particularly good example of that. Generally, being polite costs very little. In this case, being polite and going to collect an award would cost 40 hours of torture. If I had been in their situation, I would have been very reluctant to go. Lena's decision to go reminds me of what I was like when I was her age and a bit older - someone who felt a strong sense of duty to do what was right, regardless of personal inconvenience. Sometimes you do have to do what's right regardless, but sometimes it's not worth it. I'm not sure the fleeting pleasure for your fans is worth putting yourself through such an ordeal.

I think a much better example of Yulia's personality flaw is the story from The Face article about Eurovision when they went into the centre of Riga in the afternoon before the contest and someone Ivan had brought along stepped on Yulia's foot. She stormed off and when Ivan followed her back to the hotel she screamed at him for five minutes. Meanwhile, Lena stayed out signing autographs. I think that's a much better example of Yulia behaving badly (and unprofessionally) and Lena behaving well (and professionally). There are many examples of Yulia ignoring her responsibilities, while Lena is dutiful. For once, I think Yulia may be the one who got the balance right.

As someone pointed out, when they were rude to journalists, fans didn't mind. But if fans think Yulia is being rude to them, they get really angry. Well, that's how the journalists felt. That's why they got such a bad press. Journalists are only human, just like fans.

EDIT:

sunny poison posted her report as I was writing my post. Thanks again!

A very interesting episode, IMO. A fascinating insight into Yulia's relationships with Ivan, her dad, some fans and Sergei. It's interesting to get Yulia's take on the creative process in Tatu. And to hear he dad's opinions about Ivan (the whole Yulia/Ivan/Mr Volkov thing sounds very oedipal). And what did Yulia say to Sergei about her feelings?! Is this confirmation of the rumours about that? It's like one of those 'behind the scenes' fanfics - except without the obligatory lesbian scenes.

Last edited by simon; 23-02-2004 at 01:04.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:48   #107
Участник

It sounds so wierdly romantic between Ivan and Yulia... Lol...

Thanks for the report, sunny.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:50   #108
viva la scientology!

thanks sunny poison, even if you're the only one who *can* give us the updates...

Quote:
Yulia said the last drop was Ivan saying they shouldn't care about fans. That if they think about what fans want, they won't achieve anything. And Yulia couldn't understand who they were working for then.
Well that makes Yulia sound better... i feel kinda bad about criticising her, since i don't know her and i don't know the whole story.

Quote:
Then ivan's present arrived. Can u believe what it was? LoL It was a portrait of his beautiful self in a massive border.
Okay, it's official.... this man is an IDIOT!
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 23-02-2004, 00:52   #109
Участник

Thanks for the news SP.

Quote:
Then ivan's present arrived. Can u believe what it was? LoL It was a portrait of his beautiful self in a massive border.
WTF?!

Old 23-02-2004, 00:52   #110
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
thanks again, sunny poison

aww, what a happy time. were the teddybears bigger than her? sergey is yuila's stepbrother? where was lena?...well THAT clears up the going solo thing. where was lena during her birthday bash?

Quote:
she has not only lena, but boyfriend as well
well that's nice, she had a boyfriend even during her 18th, despite all those happy pictures of her and lena. interesting.

EDIT:
Quote:
I don't want to choose the present for her actually. She doesn't need anything. Except some sign of normal human love. I'll better buy some border and give her my photo. She doesn't need diamonds or something... and computer is something her parents can give her. The thing she needs the most now is me. And any other present just won't work.
Some pendant with my photo? Well... she has not only lena, but boyfriend as well. And pendant is something u wear on u. I don't want to upset the guy.
She never invited me to her bdays... one bday we spent shooting the video... another... well... I just came to congratulate her...
It's very difficult to give presents... why? Well... I ask you... why? May be coz I don't love her much enough?
Mansky: May be...
Ivan: But how can one not loving the person do as much as I did for her? This bday has a bad background. You know, she has these problems with her voice... it's phsycological problem that leads to the physical one. And we can do nothing about it. The only thing we can do is to stop the project.
Mansky: Can you change the girl?
Ivan: Change the girl? How can I change her? Or you mean replace with another one? How? The whole project is based on their personalities... so what for? Money? Thanks, I have enough.
kate - yeah i see what you're saying. it's a weird relationship, like ivan is trying to measure up to yulia, but can't seem to do it. he thinks he should give her love and yet he feels that would upset her boyfriend. how ironic!! haha. giving her a pendant is perhaps too personal, and thus it would upset whoever her bf was at the time...strange indeed. perhaps that's what yulia's personality is, ppl around her feel the need to measure up to her standards through love, lack of love, etc. she *does* have such a strong personality.
so her voice problems were psychological in nature? like she wasn't confident enough? hm. the whole project based on their personalities, sounds true to me. although, personality has none/litte/some/a fair amount/alot to do with orientation.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Last edited by Lux; 23-02-2004 at 01:05.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:20   #111
Участник

Thanks Sunny Poison

This was the last episode? - oh no.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:20   #112
Участник

Quote:
It sounds so wierdly romantic between Ivan and Yulia... Lol...
I always thought their relationship seemed rather romantic. The way she looked at him. Why did Ivan have such a spell over Yulia? It seemed like love. The way they talk about each other here is like two people who love(d) each other, but now drive each other crazy.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:20   #113
ex-sunnich

well... ,simon, i think Yulia is just a typical russian. So u can blame all russians for being rude and arrogant. Lena just a type that has this sense of duty... u are right here. But I spent here in Russia all my life and I got used to it already. it's just the russian way of living. We have this level of sincerity... I don't say it's good or bad. It's just the way it is. Russians are different from americans for example. If something is wrong, russian will let u know it is and won't just smile. And russian will say f*ck off if he feels to... no matter if he talks to his friend or boss. I got used to it and for me it's better. At least u know what person really thinks or feels. Tho it can look ugly at times, have to agree with you here.

katbeidar, yeah... it looked kinda.... ah... whatever!

Lux, Lena was nowhere to be seen. It was Yulia's episode... At Saturaday it was more about Lena... now Yulia... they don't spend so much time together recently...

Old 23-02-2004, 01:25   #114
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
simon - on the contrary it's yulia who's cast a "spell" on ivan. the dynamic between them is shifted towards yulia having more elevation, and ivan fretting about what to get her, how to love her, how to make her happier..

sunny poison - ah, ok. this was the last episode. so much for a season finale although it was barely a season, or a show.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 23-02-2004, 01:25   #115
ex-sunnich

Exclamation

hm... btw, have u noticed guys that the time Ivan made this present(bought and arranged everything) and the time Yulia actually got it aren't the same? one year difference actually...
and another idea just hit me... Yulia said Ivan gave her the present and told to open at home. She opened it at her bday party... today.... so... she saw Ivan today then? I don't think she'd wait a week befor opening it...

Last edited by la aurora; 23-02-2004 at 03:35.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:27   #116
Участник

sunny poison,
Quote:
u can blame all russians for being rude and arrogant
Hehehe... that's part of why we left Russia.

Anywho, rude is rude, no matter what part of the world you live in. There is no reason why you can't be polite if you live in Russia. It all depends on the crawd you hang out with etc.

Old 23-02-2004, 01:30   #117
ex-sunnich

Lux, I'm not sure if it was the last one. Ivan has a week before being kicked of Podnebesnaya... so... who knows... besides, Podnebesnaya wasn't the place most of footage was taken... so... we'll se...

Old 23-02-2004, 01:33   #118
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
simon - on the contrary it's yulia who's cast a "spell" on ivan. the dynamic between them is shifted towards yulia having more elevation, and ivan fretting about what to get her, how to love her, how to make her happier..
Yes, I suppose it's that Yulia has fallen out of love with Ivan and he's trying to win her back...

Old 23-02-2004, 01:34   #119
ex-sunnich

Quote:
sunny poison,

Hehehe... that's part of why we left Russia.

Anywho, rude is rude, no matter what part of the world you live in. There is no reason why you can't be polite if you live in Russia. It all depends on the crawd you hang out with etc.
well... sure one can be polite... and I didn't mean ALL russians are rude. just even polite ones can allow themselves not to hide what they feel or think... it's in mentality i think

Old 23-02-2004, 02:12   #120
Bitchka

coolasfcuk: Wow, I hope people have calmed down now ... let me not say names or give warnings, but if you guys start attacking eachother again, or getting so off topic in this thread again -its coming

on a happier note: Thanks sunny poison for all the great reports!

well, the show has proven to be a fanatics paradise... nothing more! Last attempts to get some footage from the girls....

always interesting to read about Yulia's and Ivans chemistry
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 23-02-2004 at 02:19.