Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Taty = WRONG

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 00:38   #1
no....

Lightbulb Taty = WRONG

This is my pet peeve and as being a member of this forum since it was restarted in Dec 2002 and seeing this problem reoccur OVER AND OVER AND OVER, well, i just can't take it anymore.
And over and over again i see people commonly calling TATU = TATY or Taty. This is just plain wrong. You CAN'T use roman letters to represent cyrillic. I mean,
you guys write TATY - 200 Po Vstrechnoi? and it's a mix of technique. You should write TATY - 200 no BCTPEhHOU and you have to agree that doesn't look right.

There is a difference between the characters; look:
Tt = Тт
Aa = Аа <--not so much here
Tt = Тт
Yy = Уу

so look t т and Y У
DIFFERENT!

Notice how the lower case T(т vs. t) in cyrillic doesn't have the curve at the bottom and that the Uppercase U (У vs. Y) the cyrillic U symbol has a curve unlike the English Y.

I understand that some people are just trying to distinguish the difference between RUSSIAN ТАТУ and ENGLISH TATU. But you don't need to! they are the SAME BAND. You don't need to drive me crazy with this mistake... SO PLEASE O PLEASE! TRANSLITERATE. Save me from the insane asylum and DON'T WRITE TATY! Write TATU or Tatu or t.A.T.u. or t.a.t.u. or tATu or use cyrillic ТАТУ or т.А.Т.у. or тАТу

:: the GURGI has spoken ::

Last edited by thegurgi; 04-09-2003 at 03:42.
Old 04-09-2003, 00:59   #2
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
lol..oOohh..*takes mental note* okay..thanks for clearing that up mr.gurgi!! ill be sure to transilerate correctly..though ive always said tatu..since i never heard of them when they were ТАТУ..but when they wre tatu or t.A.T.u. lol..but yea..
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"
Old 04-09-2003, 01:06   #3
we shout

awww ...thegurgi, are you talking about me? *goes to the corner and cries* .. huhuhuhuh ..

Off to practice: tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu taty ..ops!..tatu tatu tatu ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 04-09-2003, 01:11   #4
no....

denial, i speak not of justm but of ALL who make this mistake...

It is an innocent mistake too, not you did it on purpose to drive me crazy...

...or... did... you??

::thegurgi is now paranoid::
Old 04-09-2003, 01:59   #5
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
well I'm about to drive you crazy....so please someone call the nearest asylum :P

tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu
taty taty taty taty taty taty taty taty taty taty
t.a.t.u. t.a.t.u t.a.t.u t.a.t.u t.a.t.u t.a.t.u t.a.t.u t.a.t.u.

he he he he :P
Old 04-09-2003, 02:26   #6
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
how about tATu instead of t.A.T.u. ?
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 04-09-2003, 02:58   #7
no....

febrika, that is fine. The only thing that bothers me is the TATY

karxwp, WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

:: the gurgi sits in the corner, in fetal position, rocking and muttering things ::
Old 04-09-2003, 03:13   #8
Bitchka

Re: Taty = WRONG

Quote:
Originally posted by thegurgi
you guys write TATY - 200 Po Vstrechnoi? and it's a mix of technique. You should write TATY - 200 no BCTPEhHOU and you have to agree that doesn't look right.
umm, sorry, but I am a little confused here - first, I am not Russian, but my language has the exact same alphabet, the cyrillic, so I am very familiar with translit, and different people use different techniques to translit from Cyrillic to Latin letters mostly it is pretty standard, but differences are always seen.

Quote:
TATY - 200 no BCTPEhHOU
- no cyrillic writing person would translit it like this. And excuse me for generalizing like this, but only a person whose native alphabet is Latin based, would decide that ч which is really ch looks like h (because if you flip 'h' upseide down and mirror it, you would get 'ч'). "200 по Встречной" or "200 po Vstrechnoj" or "Vstrechnoy" or "Vstrechnoi" like you wrote it ahhhhhhhhhh see, could be either of the 3, and honestly the 'j' is most correct if you wanna be exact. and sticking to your exactness- the 'i' you used would make it be this in Cyrililc: 200 по Встречнои, which really makes in incorrect in Russian, 'cause see the difference 'й' is not 'и'

Anyway, the point is, tatu isnt correct either then, cause really the band name in English is t.A.T.u. (even seen it written like that in Russia), so let everyone write/translit any of the Тату, Taty, Tatu or t.A.T.u. as long as we know who we are talking about everything is O.K. (I mean people online type in all sorts of different ways for convenience anyway, like fyi or btw, c ya and so on).
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 04-09-2003 at 03:29.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:32   #9
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
thegurgi, because I'm a bitchy person :P naaa just a little bit...then if I write tATu is alright?
Old 04-09-2003, 03:41   #10
no....

coolasfcuk, when i did the TATY - 200 no BCTPEhHOU
to show that it is incorrect ENGLISH.
you would pronounce the letters "Ta-tee - 200 no bustpehno-uh" or something like that because you are using ENGLISH LETTERS.
Y in english MEANS and "EE" sound" and NEVER "OO" like the у, and it's just seems WRONG to me. Y means "ee" NOT "oo" and i mean this from a strictly ENGLISH standpoint.

when i wrote the TATY - no BCTPEhHOU i was saying that when you write TATY you have to continue with that type of transliteration, and not to something literal [200 po vstrechnoi[j]]

Oh, and the reason why i don't use "J" is because i hate using it for the "EE" sound too. cause in english we mean it as a "DZH" sound.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:58   #11
Цербер

thegurgi,
Old 04-09-2003, 06:19   #12
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by Marusja
thegurgi,
Awww, one more Cyrillic writing person replied here and she's laughing

btw, the post shouldnt be only 'smilies'

thegurgi, I do see it bugs you when it is writen Taty, but keep in mind your way is not the only truth, eh? and let people write t.A.T.u. as they please
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-09-2003, 07:45   #13
we shout

da.. no wonder everytime I talked about t.a.t.u <-- (typed in slow motion) to my friends while showing articles or anything that that has ТАТУ written on it.. I always accidently pronounce ta tee ....well people don't know much usually .. they thought I am very advance ..lol ..

tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu .. taty .. opps again ... tatu tatu tatu tatu tatu ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 04-09-2003, 08:55   #14
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
LooL thegurgi, i was joking
thanks for the explanation
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"
Old 04-09-2003, 13:46   #15
no....

ok ok, it is a bit Fickle of me, but still, it's HARD for English people to get into the rythm of Cyrillic. I've trained myself VERY hard to understand the simple the differences between the Roman Characters and the Cyrillic Characters that look similar and how to pronounce them. People who write TATY just ruin that training because i see the "Y" and think, TA-TEE but i know they mean TA-TOO but it's just all, COUNTERINTUITIVE.

it's just my opinion, and people don't have to do it, they can TATY this whole place up. All i'm asking is that if some people can see it through my perspective and maybe just type Tatu instead of Taty. All i'm asking.

Last edited by thegurgi; 04-09-2003 at 14:16.
Old 04-09-2003, 15:04   #16
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
lol....we all hear yer cries thegurgi...but if we wanna stop ppl from typing taty, then we would have to get the name of the site changed then no? Still keeping the tatysite.net would be a terrible contradition...so if the guy who setup this webpage, who is a Russian, typed it like that when applying for a web addy, i think you should be able to live with it if not only just for the pusposes of this forum
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 04-09-2003, 15:10   #17
pie crust

Smile

Yeah that's true.. it is wrong.. but c'mon, it's just a name :P I've never seen it as something huge, really..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 04-09-2003, 16:01   #18
no....

i can forgive TATYSITE because the domain for this site was bought such a long time ago, before there was anything English going on with Tatu. But FINE, since all you can do is RIDICULE me for just asking people to stop doing something so minute. Than FINE! I just don't get it. When you live with someone and they do something that annoys you greatly... do you just sit there and let them do it? Or do you ask them to stop? That's all i was doing. But you know what... Unlike a roommate, i can always just leave and stop coming to Forums, since it's seems like it's just so difficult for you all to see where i'm coming from. Thanks for understanding.
Old 04-09-2003, 16:20   #19
Bitchka

thegurgi, no need for anger now I told you I understand where you are coming from, and everybody listened to your request, you just cant expect everybody to oblige to it it is a bit too much to ask -everybody to spell it like you think it's right
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 04-09-2003, 16:22   #20
no....

coolasfcuk, i never really expected people to do it. but i don't like how some people laughed at me and misconstrue what i said.
ReplyPost New Thread