Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Politics and Science

10 Political Christmas Wishes

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 25-12-2005, 00:37   #1

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
10 Political Christmas Wishes

It probably won't look right if I copy and paste, so here's the link:

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/1222-27.htm

All are pretty good ideas, IMO. Although I'm still not sold on a Hilary Clinton presidency. I don't know anything about her really.

P.S. - I won't return to my pre-August full time status here until January 9, when I return to university classes. I've been done with military training since the 15th of this month, but will be on vacation from 12-26 thru 1-8.

Any news of a US tour? Yeah, didn't think so.

ttyl,

Daniel
Old 25-12-2005, 19:42   #2
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Al Gore is bleak and probably only one of two people on this planet (besides John Kerry) who could use an election against a character like GW Bush. If Bush ran against a charismatic bloke like Clinton it'd probably be like 80%-20% in Clinton's favour.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 25-12-2005, 19:50   #3
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
so what you're reducing it down to is charisma, regardless of policy and political history?
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 25-12-2005, 20:17   #4
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Correct.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 25-12-2005, 20:31   #5
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
thats the same reason most (50.5% first election 54% second election (i think)) americans voted for bush. that and a social psychological connection.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 25-12-2005, 21:58   #6
Sad Little Monkey

My point exactly.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-12-2005, 02:09   #7

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddie
Al Gore is bleak and probably only one of two people on this planet (besides John Kerry) who could use an election against a character like GW Bush. If Bush ran against a charismatic bloke like Clinton it'd probably be like 80%-20% in Clinton's favour.
I dont know if Bush has charisma, but people can relate to him. If you asked people who they would want to go drinking or fishing with, almost everyone would say Bush.
Old 26-12-2005, 03:27   #8
kis$ it

bush doesn't have charisma. well, his charisma is that he's lovable, like a neighbor. or an uncle. again, the social psychological tie is very strong. enough to win two elections.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 26-12-2005, 03:39   #9
Sad Little Monkey

Bush's charisma fades in comparison when being compared to Clinton, imo. Clinton had that next-door-neigbour feel about him, plus he made you feel like you were the centre of his world when he talked to you. And there's one more advantage Clinton has: he doesn't look innately stupid like some other presidents we know.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-12-2005, 03:43   #10
kis$ it

Quote:
Bush's charisma fades in comparison when being compared to Clinton, imo. Clinton had that next-door-neigbour feel about him, plus he made you feel like you were the centre of his world when he talked to you. And there's one more advantage Clinton has: he doesn't look innately stupid like some other presidents we know.
clinton was brilliant. he was a good president but i don't agree with everything he did. anyway, he was smooth and saavy as hell when it came to socializing with many different kinds of people. and clinton was sexy, to many. AND he could play a sax and did so on, surprise surprise, mtv. hah.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 26-12-2005, 04:08   #11
Sad Little Monkey

I don't agree with everything he did either. More than that contrary to Dubya he was much too lukewarm in certain matters that eventually slipped through his hands. But he was (and is) a great intelectual and you can just SEE it. There's just something about him. Yet at the same time he manages to stay simple and accessable to common people. Well Dubya can be simple and accessable as well... his problem is with intelectuals who predominately laugh at him.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-12-2005, 07:22   #12
My Waking Hour

11th political Christmas wish: the US to stop thinking and actiing as if they're the centre of the universe.
Old 26-12-2005, 12:04   #13
kis$ it

Quote:
I don't agree with everything he did either. More than that contrary to Dubya he was much too lukewarm in certain matters that eventually slipped through his hands. But he was (and is) a great intelectual and you can just SEE it. There's just something about him. Yet at the same time he manages to stay simple and accessable to common people. Well Dubya can be simple and accessable as well... his problem is with intelectuals who predominately laugh at him.
maybe he's a puppet and maybe he's not. when he was governor of texas he wasn't the way he is now. he spoke eloquently, fluently, and didn't mispronounce big words. maybe this whole dumb next door neighbor image is a ploy but if it is, it works. the point is here, that he wasn't always stupid looking and sounding.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 26-12-2005, 21:13   #14
Sad Little Monkey

I don't think he's faking it. It's my personal opinion that he's so damn good at it cause he has... a natural talent for being stupid. I've seen some excerpts of his speaches... it's a God's given gift. Or should I say... like riding a bicycle. Once you know how to act like a moron, you never forget how to.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 26-12-2005, 23:46   #15
kis$ it

if you can, find some of his old governor debate transcripts. it's a wonder he could ever orate properly.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 27-12-2005, 00:06   #16
My Waking Hour

I don't think the issue is whether Bush is charismatic or not. So was Hitler...Clinton was involved in more wars than Bush was during his term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
maybe he's a puppet and maybe he's not. when he was governor of texas he wasn't the way he is now. he spoke eloquently, fluently, and didn't mispronounce big words. maybe this whole dumb next door neighbor image is a ploy but if it is, it works. the point is here, that he wasn't always stupid looking and sounding.

All politicians are good actors. Bush may have gone where no politician has gone before.
Old 27-12-2005, 00:24   #17
kis$ it

all i am saying, is that he was different then. that is it. his dumb act is exactly that, an act. but it is interesting to me to see how he was before at a state level, dealing with a different demography, and in a different position altogether.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 27-12-2005, 01:26   #18
Sad Little Monkey

I've seen some of his old "masterpieces" in Farenheit 9/11 and another documentary, but the name escapes me atm. Granted those things were edited to make him look even more ridiculous than he really was, that doesn't take away the fact however that he managed to act daftly in the first place - even back then.

Quote:
I don't think the issue is whether Bush is charismatic or not. So was Hitler...Clinton was involved in more wars than Bush was during his term.
Yes. It wasn't his charisma that won the elections but rather extreme lack of it, from his political opponents.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by freddie; 28-12-2005 at 14:29.
Old 28-12-2005, 03:14   #19
kis$ it

"masterpieces" - to what are you referring to? back when? when he was governor?
by bush's charisma, i refer to the first definition here

is the other documentary, "travels with george"? the one where this journalist follows the bush campaign around...
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 28-12-2005, 15:24   #20
Sad Little Monkey

Yes when he was a governor and even before when he was hidding in his daddy's pocket... I mean when he was running one of Bush family oil companies. That wasn't the name of it, though (I think).

Yeah... Imo he doesn't have THAT kind of charisma. Simple people can relate to him. That's about it. He has a Fidel Castro type of charisma.
~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread