Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Only In Dreams (New fanfic)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-11-2003, 18:51   #41
iMod

Ok, i'm crying now, from happiness of course, but i can't help but shudder at the thought of what Tom must have done to her during all those years. Yulia is obviously not alright, i'm expecting some difficult chapters. Thankfully she has Lena.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 30-11-2003, 20:21   #42
miss volkova, the beauty

wow.. speechless right now.
looking forward to reading more..
Old 30-11-2003, 22:13   #43
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
oh...this cnt be right...
7 yrs.....wat happend to yulia during that yr....

tnx for the update parrish
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 01-12-2003, 00:11   #44
Участник

Send a message via Yahoo to angeljas01
Yay! they found her
Thanks Parrish I needed that unlifting moment.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:36   #45
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
*jumps for joy* Yayyyyyy!!!!! Lena finally found her!!! And I'll admit, I'm glad to see that Ivan and Lena's mom got together...nice to see Ivan portrayed as a good guy. Now I can't wait to see what's in store for Lena and Yulia's future! Death to Tom I say!!! Anyone else agree?
Old 01-12-2003, 15:47   #46
Участник

Chapter 13, "But Now I'm Found" and chapter 14, "Facing Demons" are up.

I put a warning at the start of chapter 14, but I'll put it here too. It could be triggering for survivors of sexual abuse.

Parrish
Old 01-12-2003, 16:12   #47
Yearning

OMG this is so....sad and happy at the same time. Sad that Yulia is reliving her past and that her parents aren't acting the way they should, yet happy that Yulia can trust Lena and that Lena is being there for her 100%. I agree with Lena---I want to kick both those monster's arses!!! Very touching update, Parrish.
Old 01-12-2003, 20:07   #48
Determined

Like dare2dream28 said, Very touching update.

I'm not sure how to respond to Yulia's parent's reaction towards her. I don't think they are acting the way they should, but then again maybe it's because they don't know how to act at all. Maybe Lena will be able to help them through the process of getting to know Yulia again.
Old 01-12-2003, 22:10   #49
iMod

Two extremely powerful chapters. That was emotionally draining, it took me some time before i was able to post.

The scene in Lena's room is so moving. The trust that Yulia shows in Lena by closing her eyes. The gifts that symbolize the lost time and that Lena never gave up on Yulia. The revelation that the link with Lena kept Yulia sane and prevented her from killing herself. So much emotions in there, i couldn't help but cry reading that.

"what all daddies do"... sick bastard. That flashback scene was so painful to read, but so necessary. We had to listen to what Yulia had to say. I was identifying with Lena during that scene, listening, loving, and understanding a friend that has been through hell. Friends can't erase what happened, but they can at least do that.

The parents. I don't think any parents would handle that kind of situation well. Parents just want things to go back to normal as soon as possible, hence the pointless remark about her hair color. They want to believe that just because the child is back home, everything is going to be fine again. They want to believe that the child is going to simply forget everything that has happened in between and resume her life where she left it, even if it was years ago.
Parents should be able to listen, but they can't, they don't want to hear about what happened. That reaction comes from their own guilt. Parents are supposed to protect their children. Hearing their child talk about the abuse she's been put trough is in their eyes a reminder that they failed. The child doesn't intend to put the blame on her parents (Most children don't even put the blame on the abuser! Only on themselves!) but that's how parents sees it, and anger burst on both sides.
Besides, Yulia's parents had apparently come to the conclusion that she was dead, which add to their guilt. They're feeling guilty for giving up on her when in fact she was still alive and fighting to survive.

Friends don't have that "duty" to protect which makes them more suited to help. They can offer love, help, understanding, comfort, without feeling that they failed, and Lena is certainly doing that.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by haku; 01-12-2003 at 22:22.
Old 01-12-2003, 22:50   #50
think again....

poor yuli.....
i really dnt knw wat to say......
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 02-12-2003, 01:32   #51
Участник

Thank you all, as always, for your comments. I know those chapters were hard to read.

And Haku? Thank you for your well-thought out post. You described the way Yulia's parents are feeling perfectly.

Parrish
Old 04-12-2003, 16:38   #52
Участник

Chapter 15, "With You I Feel Safe", is up!

Parrish
Old 04-12-2003, 17:07   #53
Determined

So many emotions. I couldn't even begin to understand what that must be like for a child.

What Lena said made so much sense.
Old 04-12-2003, 22:15   #54
iMod

This chapter is filled with intense emotions again.

The way you're describing Yulia's conflicting emotions is remarkable. Her pain, fears, anger, but also her love for Lena that is the only thing keeping her from drowning.

The part about Yulia thinking the little girl she was died in that basement and Lena replying she's not dead but hidden inside is particularly moving. It helps to understand how Yulia feels, how she thinks that her true personality died a long time ago and that what she is now is only Tom's creation, not really *her*.

Lena is amazing, she knows the right things to say, probably because she loves her so much.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-12-2003, 02:58   #55
keep 'em guessing

wow, i sure have missed a whole lot!
but i'm back, so lets get down to buisiness.........

firstly, i'd just like to say that i have never cried so much over a fanfic as i have over this one!
it is so touching!
and the sad part about the whole thing is the fact that these things actually happen in reality.
sickening, really and truly!

as far as the latest chapter is concerned with the whole little yulia dying in the basement, i completely understand where yulia was coming from with that! she felt like her innocence was lost there and that is completely understandable. i can feel her pain.
as far as her recovery is concerned, this takes time. it also takes patience and understanding. its gonna require a listening ear which is attached to a caring person, which lena is already fulfilling. which means we are well on our way.

as far as tom is conncerned..................nevermind. what i have to say would be way to violent to express such a clean mb, so i'll leave that one alone.

btw p. diddy, i've got 3 words for ya:
DAMN YOU'RE GOOD!!!!
Old 05-12-2003, 16:56   #56
Участник

Chapter 16, "What They Needed" is up.

And thanks for what you all have said about this fic. It means a lot to me.

Parrish
Old 05-12-2003, 19:08   #57
Yearning

Wowwwww. I didn't look at Lena that way until Yulia said the things she did. I must say though, standing ovation for Ivan for what he did!!!! I would've done the same thing too, that stupid patheitc excuse for a human!!! Ugh!!!! I am *so* glad that the girls are there to comfort one another. I don't know how either would've gone out without the other. Great chapter Parrish.
Old 05-12-2003, 22:15   #58
keep 'em guessing

dead huh?
good!

and awwww, those 2 are so sweet!
they definately capture my heart in this fic!

good work parrish.
Old 05-12-2003, 23:32   #59
iMod

Wow, that was intense to read.

I had been wondering for a long time how Lena would react to the fact Ivan didn't tell her about the tape and Woodrow's arrest. I don't think she's completely ok with it.

The part where they're realizing how close they were to both being abducted and one of them killed is heart shattering. The way they comfort each other, it's pure love, it's just beautiful. I shed a few tears there.

And i'm taking the chapter in reverse but the honesty Yulia's mother is expressing toward Yulia is going to be a big help for her. She lived with lies for seven years, that's enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-12-2003, 00:05   #60
think again....

tnx for this chap parrish.....

its nice to knw that yulia and her parents r in gud terms now... patience , love and understanding r very important at this time....if i hd a frend that suffers like yulia....honestly i dnt knw wat to to...i cnt tel her that evrythng is gonna b OK...coz we all knw its NOT!
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
ReplyPost New Thread