Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum of Russian Music General Forum of Russian Music

Ivanushki International

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-09-2008, 17:39   #1
pie crust

Ivanushki International

Heard of this band Ivanushki International from my (Russian) friend who, after knowing me for 2 years, FINALLY realized that I listen to Russian music, haha.

I don't know anything about this band, but from what I understand from the video, it is made up of 3 people; a hot guy, a guy who looks like that guy from the Harry Potter movies, and this other guy. And possibly a woman.

I like this song "Tuchi" ("Clouds"?), but I must say everything else looks very lame. Those moves, those.... "emotions", the throwing sand in the air thing, the "rain":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1BlO7oH-B4

The video looks ancient, so I'm guessing this is a really old band. Are they still going?

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/c49c0n

Apparently one of the guys killed himself... which makes it all very creepy to me.
If anyone has any info on them, feel free to add. From what I read in the comments, this is like their only good song, haha. But I'm nice enough to share with everyone else who hasn't heard it.
Also please explain to me if that woman is part of the group of if she's just some random woman in the video, 'cause she's doing absolutely nothing, haha.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-09-2008, 18:58   #2
Primetime Anchor

It's a trio - a project by Matvienko, who decided to combine Russian folk spirit with modern tunes. So, a trio was formed.

Andrey Grigoriev-Appolonov
Kirill Andreev
Oleg Yakovlev

The guy who committed suicide Igor Sorin left the group before he jumped out of his window. He decided to launch his own career, so he left the group in 1997.

As for now, Ivanushki International proved to be a solid project that stayed on the Russian pop scene for quite some time. They are often seen in various TV shows. Music style - pop.

By now they released 11 albums in Russia. Their first album featured only cover songs but gradually they began to record compositions written for them from scratch.

Their best known hits are: (YouTube)

Kukla
Topoliny Puh
Zolotye Oblaka
Kapelka Sveta

More YouTube videos
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
ReplyPost New Thread