Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Your beliefs

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-04-2003, 05:53   #41
Участник

I'm not religious...
simply because there's no religion out there that I see as "true".

May offend religious people, so if you are one of them, you might not want to read on. Note though, this is purely my opinion, and I have nothing against any religions. These are just reasons why I can't believe in religions.

See, all the gods in Christianity are white, because the people who created the idea were white. All the gods in Buddhism are India people, because the people who created that were living in India. Now, doesn't that prove religions like that were made from us humans? If those religions were true, than that's a bit racist now isn't it? What...asians aren't good enough to even be mentioned as a god however powerless? There aren't any african americans that's fit to be gods? Adam and Eve, the start of us all is white, which makes whites more superior of a being than the rest of the races?
Also, there aren't really high and mighty gods that are females, and if there are, it's all associated with "girly" stuff like love, marriage, etc. Why? Because these religions were created a long time ago when human were very much sexist.

So, yeah, that's the reason why I think all religions were created by a group of people purely out of their imagination.

I do however, believe that there is a stronger force out there than us, a force that doesn't necessarily look like human, or have some sort of holy glowing shine to them. It could very well just be a bodyless entity, whatever. I believe that there are powerful forces out there that may or may not associate with us, our lives, human beings.
Old 25-04-2003, 00:21   #42
Full Circle

Seeto

Nothing wrong in your opinions ... although you are reminding me of the joke that ends with the punchline ...

I have seen God and SHE is BLACK lol

Religion is a control mechanism for many people, it is abused frequently and helps facilitate racist / ignorant peoples arguments.

What it is though is the ultimate leap of faith One of the hardest things that anyone with a social conscience will do is to follow a religion as all of them (maybe with the exclusion of Buddhism) have suppressive elements.
Old 26-04-2003, 19:32   #43
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally posted by Seeto
See, all the gods in Christianity are white, because the people who created the idea were white. All the gods in Buddhism are India people, because the people who created that were living in India. Now, doesn't that prove religions like that were made from us humans? If those religions were true, than that's a bit racist now isn't it? What...asians aren't good enough to even be mentioned as a god however powerless? There aren't any african americans that's fit to be gods? Adam and Eve, the start of us all is white, which makes whites more superior of a being than the rest of the races?
Also, there aren't really high and mighty gods that are females, and if there are, it's all associated with "girly" stuff like love, marriage, etc. Why? Because these religions were created a long time ago when human were very much sexist.
This isn't really a rebuttal but just a clarification to some of the arguments you pointed out:

-There is only one God in Christianity
-Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism; predominately practiced in South East Asia, so if there are any Indians who are Buddhist, the number is very minute.
-There are no Gods in Buddhism; Buddhists do not believe in any God. Their goal in life is to reach the state of Nirvana by following the Buddha's Eightfold Path.

Having said that, I understand where you are coming from, but you can't blame the religion itself for the mistakes men have made interpreting it.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say anybody was white. The only reason why Jesus is white is because King James the 4th wanted Jesus' image the way he saw fit; white, brown/blonde hair, blue eyes, creamy skin, etc. He ordered the Vatican implement his image in their books, paintings and such. As a result this is the way everybody initially sees Jesus despite the fact that the guy was Jewish.

The same thing could have happen Hinduism, the image of Hindus have known is that of themselves and that is how they image their Deities. I really see no harm in that; it is only image, you let it shouldn't distort your faith.

Oh, and about women, that is more of a cultural thing. I wouldn't hold it against any religion.
Besides, a lot of people view God as being a woman.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 26-04-2003 at 20:37.
Old 26-04-2003, 20:23   #44
pie crust

I remember there was someone speculating around Jesus..
And the scientific studies "prooved" that Jesus was black and had a big nose
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 26-04-2003, 21:16   #45

This;

Quote:
I have seen God and SHE is BLACK
Along with this;

Quote:
And the scientific studies "prooved" that Jesus was black and had a big nose
Makes things very, very interesting.
Old 26-04-2003, 21:33   #46
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
This isn't really a rebuttal but just a clarification to some of the arguments you pointed out:

-There is only one God in Christianity
-Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism; predominately practiced in South East Asia, so if there are any Indians who are Buddhist, the number is very minute.
-There are no Gods in Buddhism; Buddhists do not believe in any God. Their goal in life is to reach the state of Nirvana by following the Buddha's Eightfold Path.

Having said that, I understand where you are coming from, but you can't blame the religion itself for the mistakes men have made interpreting it.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say anybody was white. The only reason why Jesus is white is because King James the 4th wanted Jesus' image the way he saw fit; white, brown/blonde hair, blue eyes, creamy skin, etc. He ordered the Vatican implement his image in their books, paintings and such. As a result this is the way everybody initially sees Jesus despite the fact that the guy was Jewish.

The same thing could have happen Hinduism, the image of Hindus have known is that of themselves and that is how they image their Deities. I really see no harm in that; it is only image, you let it shouldn't distort your faith.

Oh, and about women, that is more of a cultural thing. I wouldn't hold it against any religion.
Besides, a lot of people view God as being a woman.
Ahh, I'm sorry for some of my mistakes since I'm not exremely familiar with religions.

In Buddhism however, people actually do wroship them as gods. I know there are different kinds of Buddhism, but the ones I've seen more of have people praying and worhsipping.
And well, because Jesus originated in Jerusalem, most important Gods are around that area. Important stories in the bible take place mostly in Europe and Mid East. And because blacks weren't well known that time, people simply didn't include them into the religion. (My own opinion): I bet even the man named Jesus that decided to go around preaching never knew about African Americans, if so, he would've atleast named some gods that were black. Or of Asian descent, etc.

The reason I don't believe is because:
1)Religions were created in the past because life was hard back then, people needed something to help them get through the hardship
2)Everything seem mysterious that time, they didn't know what was beyond the sky, why disasters and flus occur, and they use religion/god as the answer
3)If someone suddenly came out and told everyone that he was actually God's son and started preaching, no one would believe him. But in the past, religion was very important, people were less educated, etc. Which comes to...
4)Why were all the important godly figures(Jesus, Buddha, etc.) from the past? In the past, which was present to them, it was common. Yet there are no big religions involving gods and goddesses forming nowadays, because people are more educated, and they can tell facts from lies.
5)In the past people always use excuses they don't have to prove to claim they're sent by God. They say they have visions and dreams. Back then, both are still very mysterious to people, and they believe stuff like that.
If someone today got a vision or a dream from God saying he was actually the son of xxx, would anyone believe him?
Why were all the visions seen in the past and never the present?

Finally, why are people still religious nowadays if we're suppose to be more "educated" than people in the past? Well, because the past can be twisted a lot, and since we weren't actually there when the religion was formed, we still would like to think it's true. Because the people now can't go back to the past and find evidence, so no one can prove anything. Thus, religion still holds its ground. Not as powerful as before, since life is much better now and people are becoming relgionless, but still strong.
And I don't dislike religion. I think religion helps people in many ways. It gives comfort, faith and urges people to do the right thing.
Infact, I pity myself not to have a religion, because I really do want heaven and God to exist.
It'd be nice if people had something to believe in.
But I can't though...I'm way too realistic.

Again, sorry to have offended people. It's my opinion, please don't kill me.
Old 26-04-2003, 21:37   #47
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Well, I go to the pagoda occasionally.

We don't quite worship. Lol. It's more like paying homage to great people.

I'm not Buddhist, but my parents are. So by association, I sort of am? I like Buddhism either way.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 26-04-2003, 22:59   #48

Quote:
And because blacks weren't well known that time, people simply didn't include them into the religion. (My own opinion): I bet even the man named Jesus that decided to go around preaching never knew about African Americans, if so, he would've atleast named some gods that were black. Or of Asian descent, etc.
Ethiopians were very much present around that time; but they were refered to as the Nubians. Anyhoo, they are one of the nine tribes of Israel. (Please don't tell me what the other eight are, I have no clue. ) And it is mentioned in the Bible.

The Bible wasn't written up by the Roman Empire, only they could acknowledge the existence of Asians (just barely, actually), whereas Jesus' disciples (mostly peasants) had no idea what kind of people, culture, nor religions lay in Asia, so you could understand the exclusion of Asians. The only reason why Christianity penetrated Europe was because Paul (a Roman) managed to convert the Emporer who then made it the official religion of the Roman Empire, thus infiltrating most of Europe.

The same thing can be said for Hinduism and Buddhism, at that time they were not aware of the people, culture and religion going on in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe so they weren't able to include other races into their teachings.

It's really just a matter of communication; it simply wasn't developed enough to be used efficiently.

Quote:
The reason I don't believe is because:
1)Religions were created in the past because life was hard back then, people needed something to help them get through the hardship
2)Everything seem mysterious that time, they didn't know what was beyond the sky, why disasters and flus occur, and they use religion/god as the answer
3)If someone suddenly came out and told everyone that he was actually God's son and started preaching, no one would believe him. But in the past, religion was very important, people were less educated, etc. Which comes to...
4)Why were all the important godly figures(Jesus, Buddha, etc.) from the past? In the past, which was present to them, it was common. Yet there are no big religions involving gods and goddesses forming nowadays, because people are more educated, and they can tell facts from lies.
5)In the past people always use excuses they don't have to prove to claim they're sent by God. They say they have visions and dreams. Back then, both are still very mysterious to people, and they believe stuff like that.
If someone today got a vision or a dream from God saying he was actually the son of xxx, would anyone believe him?
Why were all the visions seen in the past and never the present?
This is almost exactly why I stopped believing a while back.
As to why I don't care anymore... that is a whole other matter.

Quote:
Again, sorry to have offended people. It's my opinion, please don't kill me.
Guy, you are sooo not offending anybody. Please don't let anything hold you back on expressing your views, this is what the thread is for!
Old 26-04-2003, 23:21   #49
Участник

Quote:
Ethiopians were very much present around that time; but they were refered to as the Nubians. Anyhoo, they are one of the nine tribes of Israel. (Please don't tell me what the other eight are, I have no clue. ) And it is mentioned in the Bible.

The Bible wasn't written up by the Roman Empire, only they could acknowledge the existence of Asians (just barely, actually), whereas Jesus' disciples (mostly peasants) had no idea what kind of people, culture, nor religions lay in Asia, so you could understand the exclusion of Asians. The only reason why Christianity penetrated Europe was because Paul (a Roman) managed to convert the Emporer who then made it the official religion of the Roman Empire, thus infiltrating most of Europe.

The same thing can be said for Hinduism and Buddhism, at that time they were not aware of the people, culture and religion going on in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe so they weren't able to include other races into their teachings.

It's really just a matter of communication; it simply wasn't developed enough to be used efficiently.
Yup, what I was saying wasn't that I felt anything towards the fact not all races were included. It was rather that it kinda proves Jesus "did not know all". If he was the son of God, you'd think he probably would've known all the different kind of races God created.
The fact that no religion had all races=Lack of communication in the past=it was created from the people who lived back then=The religion was basically created and not real.

If a religion was true, then it'd have all the races, no sexism and cultural difference. Because after all, god should "see all and know all".
The fact that religions miss those three points above is evidence that people created it out of their own mind.
Well, that's that I guess. How I view religion.

Thnx powerpuff Grrl for helping me voice my opinion along the way.
ReplyPost New Thread