Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Tatu in Podnebesnaya. Releases from 07.02.04 and 08.02.04. [aka Eps. 7 & 8]

Old 11-02-2004, 00:50   #81
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus
And i'm hoping that somebody posts a clip of "Squirrel" because it sounds hilarious!
.. pssss cirrus, 'Squirrel' was already posted - it was when I was singing in that 'sing it' thread! ... I sounded just like one fluffy, brown squirrel
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 11-02-2004, 01:04   #82
viva la scientology!

you can't fool me cool. I don't remember you singing in that thread... hmmmm, i'll have to check.

Tatu: from a worldwide phenomenon with #1 hits... to a song called "Squirrel"
*sighs*

------do you really believe that bit about Kiper, tatu needing a woman? Because I disagree. I just think Ivan did a horrible job. And it's hard to tell what Kiper is responsible for. But seeing how she's handling Nichya, with all of their contests and good songs, I think she's got good ideas and knows what to do. Bah, women...
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:27   #83
Участник

Aaahhh, if only Ivan was really leaving. I think Tatu will squeak their way through 2004 on scandals and a new "album"...

So, I guess that's GOOD NEWS. Huh?

Old 11-02-2004, 02:24   #84
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus
you can't fool me cool. I don't remember you singing in that thread... hmmmm, i'll have to check.
I am not fooling you, I did participate!

Quote:
do you really believe that bit about Kiper, tatu needing a woman? Because I disagree. [.....] Bah, women...
.. well, nah, I said it in joking manner.... but if you ask me honestly... when they were a team thats when it was functioning the best - who knows maybe they brought the best of eachother ... and so it was great. Each one of them alone is not as strong as both together.... but their collaboration is in the past, so....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 11-02-2004, 06:51   #85
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
i dont see everything as scandal this, and scandal that. they hype things up to be more than they turn out to be..but many many people do that in media. ivan is not the mastermind he's portrayed. i dont think he calculated every single "scandal" since tatu hit the western world. he made a series of mistakes, that's all. overbooking, cancelling shows, what's the scandal in that? tatu is inconsistent as professional pop stars and the inconsistency gets tiresome.
it's only a question of when people get tired from disappointment and walk away. ivan/tatu are not doing anything consciously to ensure that fans will stay. what are they doing? nothing. in fact, whatever they don't do, fans walk away anyway. people are fed up. coming up with something that has substance, well let's be humble, actual dialogue, action, and recording of music might have affected the situation positively and been more interesting.
there's no shouldawouldacoulda that can change the situation now, the question is where will tatu go from here? j and l think tatu has no future but are they thinking of ideas to get themselves back on track? this show isn't a way, at least
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 11-02-2004, 07:01   #86
Участник

hey

Tatu is just beginning in North America. Tatu will prob. not be over in Russia for a few years b/c tatu is like their national pride (I'm guessing). The 'Spice Girls' in Britain were very popular even after they broke up for a year or two after they split up, (before they launched their solo careers). But they were bigger than tatu in North America. Tatu prob. has 1-2 yrs. left. Tatu was always set to end when the girls hit 20 or 21. It's nothing new. It would have been better if Ivan had waited for another year to show all the secrets behind tatu. I liked them better when there was more of a mystery to them. I also don't like how Lena and Yulia always look extremely bored on the reality show (judging from what I saw). It's much better to watch people who have more energy. I think the early strategy was the best, of having lena and yulia say as little to the media as possible.

Last edited by dollparts3000; 11-02-2004 at 07:11.

Old 11-02-2004, 10:39   #87
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
Ok... here's some stuff from this weekend episodes of Reality show. Must say I don't remember much from the Saturday as I was feeling so bad that feared I wouldn't survive the Saturday night and wouldn't have to write any report at all. LoL.

Sorry in advance. The thing is a bit chaotic and has loads of spelling mistakes. But I don't dare to read this all again. lol

So... Suturday episode was devoted to chat session and Lena Kiper mostly. Most of the time Nichya's music was playing on the background.

Both girls were late to the chat but Lena got there first. She began to answer questions. They had 3 computers in the room and they all refused to work first which made computer guys laugh saying: 'Lena... we knew u were dealing not so well with computers... but so bad...' Then they managed to fix problems with 2 computers at least... so some guys were sitting there, reading questions aloud and typing Lena's answers. Then Yulia arrived which brought happy expression to Lena's face. And they began answering questions together... I think u know most of the answers. I don't remember much... just remember when Yulia was asked what she would be doing if Lena leaves the band... and she said: 'same with what Lena would be doing... I'll leave the band as well'. And then they were asked if TATU was over already... Yulia made a thoughtfull face and then answered: 'Not.... yet...' Both girls seemed quite relaxed. And at the end of the chat those guys organizing the session said they had a symbolic present for girls. That it was the answer on what 'oh so famous photographer' said about them... calling them '2 spoiled kids who got the crowns put on them'. So both girls were given real crowns that they put on with pleasure it seemed. Yulia put her's on the baseball cap.
All this time Ivan was in some hall trying to find out who was organizing the chat and why STS banners were hanging all around. LoL

Rest of the time was devoted to Lena Kiper who seemed quite a nice person actually. Mansky got in the car with her and she was answering questions while driving home. She told the story about her relationship with Ivan... how ugly and pathetic she found him when first saw... that he had red hair then and she hated red hair coz her first husband she got married with when she was 18 was redhead... and so on... how Ivan tried to control every her step... how he could call her asking where she was and after hearing 'i'm driving here or there' he would say:' ok... wait... i'll catch u there' and soon she could see his car following hers.
She also told the story of YSSU. She was in hospital and had a dream about Tutta Larsen (that girl from MTV Russia) who tried to kiss her. That she felt very strange when woke up as she couldn't understand why she would dream of kissing with a girl... she never was into that. And she said that was what the song was actually about. About girl who saw girl in her dream, fallen in love and couldn't understand what was going on when woke up. She took her notebook and read the original text to Mansky. The verses we could hear in the first version of YSSU:
ne proyti po nocham
ne proyti mezhdu snov
ya ne veryu... konchay...
tut drugaya lyubov...
But the chorus was:
Ya soshla s uma (I've lost my mind)
Ya sovsem odna (I'm totally alone)
Il sovsem bolna (Or totally ill)
Mne nuzhna ona (I need HER)
Ya teper iz sna (Now I'm someone from the dream)
Gde so mnoy ona (Where she is with me)
Gde so mnoy ona (Where she is with me)
So she called Ivan and read him those lines... and that he was like: 'yeah... this can work... good'. Telling about it she sounded like these were good memories and she didn't hate Ivan...
She also said she always wanted to write a song... just didn't know what about... and that was a pure accident... some kind of luck... that she got that idea...
The whole interview had this strange mood... she was smiling... sometimes it was sad smile... sometimes a happy one... she sounded like she did blame only herself for being that stupid and not anyone else...
Then she said why she left the project. That she felt loved less with every new day... the feeling was stronger and stronger... and it wasn't about Ivan only... She remembered TATU's firs international visit... it was some West-european country [SP - sorry... I can't remember wich exactly... Poland may be]. And that tho she wasn't the founder of the project, she was putting her everything into it. So... being in that country she tried to make girls' being there as much comfortable as possible... and then some journalist asked Y&L who was writing songs for them... Yulia said that were some infamous authors in Moscow... they didn't even mention Elena who was standing right there next to them... neither did any of managers. Telling this Kiper got quite a painful look on her face... like she felt betrayed or something...
I can't remember anything else... except may be Elena's saying that Ivan still calls her from time to time... that when she left he was calling and saying she wouldn't survive without the project... and that sometimes he was sounding like he threated her with death... now he's calling and telling his wierd thoughts she can't understand sometimes... last time he called he kept silience for 5 minutes... and when her friend heard it, she joked that may be by this he meant 'it's time to write one more song for TATU, Lena' lol.
Then they finally arrived to Kipers house... block of flats actually... it didn't look any rich... so she left the car and making her way to the door she was fooling around... something like: 'oh, sorry... my flat doesn't look any good... it's a poor one... u know... I didn't get any money from Ivan'. LoL. That looked quite funny... she didn't sound any bitter. Seems like she left all her hate behind.

Now Sunday episode:
Most of it was devoted to TATU's UK visit. With lots of Liquid News reports shown... about concerts cancellation and SML video.
It began with Artem Troitskiy (musical critic who has strange attitude towards TATU... for him it's not music... it's a product... artificial one... but he's proud this product was made in Russia and that the rest of the world accepted it. besides, he seems to have some sympathy for the girls) visiting Y&L in Pekin hotel.
This is what he said:
If I were ur dad or something... I would definitely say: 'girls, forget about all this... microphones, phonogramms, scenes, dances, singing and so on... and go to some Financial Academy, MSU (Moscow State University) or any other of good places... then to some foreign college... then NBA or something like that... and this way build ur life... or 2nd variant: forget about ur lesbian story and get married with some good guys.
Then it was Yulia telling about some doctor who seemed to help her a lot... that her throat became much better after 10 visits she made to this woman.
Some man sitting there joked that may be it's coz she quited drinking, smoking and sex. Yulia said 'yes' but then corrected herself: 'well... not... just one of those'.
Then Lena was showing her navel pircing... and when was asked if it was diamond she had there... she said 'no. why would i need the diamond in my navel? so someone would want to steal it, come near and tear it off?' Then she was said: 'who would tear it off ur navel, girl?'
Then was the photosession with flags shown... with Yulia singing Kylie's 'Can't get u out of my head' this 'na na na na na na na na' part.
The episode also was full with partying scenes... in gay club... and Ivan's hotel room...

There was also a part where Y&L were in their hotel room with a couple of guys from Ukraine. They seemed to have a friendly talk.
L: Say something for the camera... just as a memory...
Guy: You are the best... and the most easy going ones... something we respect a lot. When we saw them on the street... Andrey said: 'look there! TATU!' I said: 'not... it can't be'. I look there and saw 2 litle girls. So I ran across the street among those cars. So I cought them and asked: 'girls, are u TATU?'
2nd guy: I first thought... well... so now we'll go and have some chat... but now after we talked at that bar... well... really... I don't like telling many compliments... but really... I'm just like this... if yesterday when we sat there and talked I'd see some 'queen attitude'... some difference between us... today I'd say to my friend: 'well... go and hang out with those girls a bit... say I have some work to do or something'. But I felt very pleased... really... it was very nice to talk to you'
Y: Thank you, guys. It was our pleasure as well... really

Then there was visit to London's gay club shown and then Yulia, Beata and Ivan on the night street trying to catch the car and chatting with a couple of guys they met in the club. One of them we saw in the documentary... it's was the one talking to Ivan on the street. Yulia becomed annoyed with him... and after he said: 'girl, c'mon! catch the car', she crossed the street and showted 'boy, c'mon! catch the car' back.

Next scene was Yulia putting some make up on Lena. She said: 'It just lays better on the skin'. And when Lena asked if there would be some effect from it, Yul said: 'look at me. is there any effect? I didn't use tonal creme'. Lena was like 'oh... ok then'. Yul: Ready, go, girl

Then they were getting into some car... and Ivan was a bit late so the bodyguard shut the door right in front of his nose. Girls cried: 'and Ivan?' Then he was in finally. Yulia saw some girl with the camera, made a funny face and in a bit joking way said: 'bye! bye! my dear'. Then she explained Lena it was the girl making pics for Interscope. Yulia began telling some story... that they got lost a bit previous night. So when she came to the room she fallen to bed in the t-shirt and pants. Then it was lena's turn to continue. She said she was sleeping peacefully and then heard some knocking. She couldn't understand who it was as she remembered she gave Yulia the key. And it came out the key was broken.

A.T
I bought tickets to ur concerts... for the 3rd of May on Wembley. And then it ceased to exist.
L: What ceased to exist? Wembley?
A.T: Concert... concert... Wembley is still there i think... tho I haven't been there for long already...
Some guy: And how much did it cost?
A.T. Well... it was a normal price... 13.50 or 20.50... I remember only these 50 pences for sure... I was in London for my own business that time... and in the undeground I saw a poster with TATU... and 3 concerts were announced there... 1 in Manchester and 2 in London. I tried to find the organizers first... but nobody of my friends-promoters knew anything... they were saying it was organized by some russians they didn't know. So as I couldn't find organizers, I decided to buy a ticket... first time in 20 years may be... coz they usually invite me to all of those concerts...
Y: If we knew u were there, we'd invite u of course... and then it was cancelled... we didn't know...
A.T. Knew... didn't knew... [rising his glass with some alcohole] 'for nothing would be cancelled in future'. Yeah... drinking for this
Y: Oh... ok.

After another report by Liquid news the taping process was shown. It was NGGU for one of the UK tv shows... can't remember wich one. CD:UK or TOTP... in the white room. And the taping was fun. Yulia was dying from laughter. She had tears in her eyes and couldn't stop shaking from laughter looking at that band they got for the show. She was laughing hard and when Beata asked her what was wrong all she could say through laughter was: 'Listen, those drums... first he is so not in time... and second - he wears the Elvis t-shirt! Have u heard how he hits those drums?! I can't stand this. He didn't catch the first beat...'
B: I can't do anything... try one more time..
They tried... and soon there was a huge portion of swearing from Yulia as she couldn't understand what version it was... she said in was cut at the beginning and then again... Lena agreed... without swearing tho... and she tried to calm down Yulia a bit telling her that it was really different version. Yulia shouted: 'But I know another one! not this!' She was said 4 attempts would take place and only best moments would be in the show. But that still wasn't enough for Yulia who was near hysterics then: 'I can't now... it's not only I can't catch where to sing... I can't stop laughing... just look at them!' *looking at the band*
L: They will take best moments...
Yulia: I do laugh all the time! Ok let's go...

A.T. The press wrote that concerts were cancelled coz they expected to cell 30 000 of tickets and sold only 5 000. And u know... how CD's sell and how ppl attend concerts... these are 2 different things. There are lots of artists who doesn't sell CDs at all. Like Tom Jones for example. His CD's sell really bad. But concerts are ok... he is the artist with some biography and reputation... that's why it doesn't matter how many CD he sells... or all those old rock bands... they don't have hits for a long time already... they don't sell CDs well... but everybody knows them... they have truthfull fans that stay fans for 40 years already... so of course they attend concerts... and new artists... who just appered... they sell loads of CDs may be... thanks to MTV, radio... but nobody really knows them... that's why ppl don't go to their concerts.
Guy: And TATU? What category are they in?
A.T. And TATU... well... they are ones who's concerts ppl don't go to.
Guy: But why?
A.T. I said it already. Coz nobody knows them. They don't have history, biography, good reputation... and so on... they are artists who has more near-musical than musical reputation... scandal, marketing, paedo, lezo and so on... what they do on the concerts... pll don't know... who's of famous musicians playing with them? noone more likely... that's why ppl begin to think if they want to spend their money on such concert... I personally think that all those concerts in UK were mistake from the beginning. Shapovalov knows a lot... he's a genious and so on so forth... but from the beginning and to the end... well... he has some field he is good in... better than anyone else in Russia... that's for sure. He knows how to do PR, scandal... how to get attention of journalists... how to create a nice story with some piquant consequences... and so on... this is what he can do really good... but he knows really few about music... and about this boring financial side of music business... he knows nothing at all. She sould choose some 2-3 thousand hall for the concerts. It would be sold out... ur fans would come and see ur concert... and trying to make it on the stadium... it's very very unprofessional.

Then Ivan was shown in the plane London_moscow... telling the story of how everyone in UK was afraid coz they didn't know what to expect or may be coz he invited the daughter of the prime-minister to attend the concert and promissed parents everything would be ok with her. As a result he got some tickling from Yulia.

At the end Moscow attempts of shooting SML were shown... Ivan's aresting.... and some other stuff we saw already.

And *cough* final scene... first some subtitles saying Ivan got notification from soloists of band TATU about breaking the contract. It seemed Mansky meant both girls. But then when some guy was reading the paper for Ivan I heard it was from Lena Katina May be it was only a small part of the paper... but Ivan laughed, some guy next to him said: 'let is go as it goes' and Mansky wrote just 'to be continued'....

So... TO BE CONTINUED...

Old 11-02-2004, 11:40   #88
iMod

Thanks a lot for the detailed report sunny poison

And i hope you're feeling better. For you
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 11-02-2004, 11:55   #89
tATu - Fan

sunny poison, Thanks a lot for this long and detailed report!

Old 11-02-2004, 13:38   #90
we shout

Quote:
She also told the story of YSSU. She was in hospital and had a dream about Tutta Larsen (that girl from MTV Russia) who tried to kiss her. That she felt very strange when woke up as she couldn't understand why she would dream of kissing with a girl... she never was into that. And she said that was what the song was actually about. About girl who saw girl in her dream, fallen in love and couldn't understand what was going on when woke up. She took her notebook and read the original text to Mansky. The verses we could hear in the first version of YSSU:
awww.. I love this paragraph..

Quote:
So she called Ivan and read him those lines... and that he was like: 'yeah... this can work... good'. Telling about it she sounded like these were good memories and she didn't hate Ivan...
aww.. Ivan was so nice to her .. other bf might just .. "I dont think it work .." ..

Quote:
Then they finally arrived to Kipers house... block of flats actually... it didn't look any rich... so she left the car and making her way to the door she was fooling around... something like: 'oh, sorry... my flat doesn't look any good... it's a poor one... u know... I didn't get any money from Ivan'. LoL. That looked quite funny... she didn't sound any bitter. Seems like she left all her hate behind.
Awww.. *wipe off little tears* ... for Kiper ...sincerely.. - denial .. I knew it she is a nice woman ...

sunny poison, thank you !! Well done baby girl!! .. THE BEST TATU RS show's report in the world! ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 11-02-2004, 14:23   #91
Primetime Anchor

sunny poison, wonderful report! Thank you very much!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 11-02-2004, 14:47   #92
Участник

Thanks a lot for this really great report, sunny poison !

Old 11-02-2004, 14:51   #93
Участник

sunny poison, billion thanks for the report

Old 11-02-2004, 15:31   #94
Don't dream it, be it!

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to provide us with this report, sunny poison. I hope you're feeling better now too.

Old 11-02-2004, 15:33   #95
Новенький

Thank you very much!

Old 11-02-2004, 15:42   #96
pie crust

Sunny Poison, you are the best. I think you'll be my favorite Russian forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 11-02-2004, 16:02   #97
Участник

Brilliant reports sunny poison, thanks.

Old 11-02-2004, 16:13   #98
Участник

sunny poison, you rock, girl! Thank you very very much!

xena225

Old 11-02-2004, 16:41   #99
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
sunny poison thanks a lot for the reports!! They were great!
btw the first official visit our of russia was in slovakia *grins* sorry couldn't resist saying that
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^

Old 11-02-2004, 17:16   #100
Bitchka

thanks a lot sunnich .. for yet another great report!
bah, its not about the music and the band tatu - its about the paaaaaaaaarty documentaty! Gets me in the mood for going back home this summer - party, party, paaaaaaaaaaart and pop-star lifestyle!

oh i also liked how Kiper explained the producers role..... in the begining everyone looks up to you, since, you're the one that has 'started it' ... gave the project live.... but soon after the 'stars' of the project get the spotlight.... they quickly start to 'forget' the producer.. and feel like they are the most important ones. And then.. they only turn to you to say: "we are going for an interview, what should we say?" ... "say this and that" ... and off they go saying it in the spotlight!

all the rest from those clips sunny poison covered very well.

Yes Kiper looked great - I think more hurt than angry at times (from those little clips) ... and that driving on the moscow streets and being flimed... haha.. not bad, if the Russian drivers are like the builgarian ones.. uffff... watch out!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!