Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Eurovision 2005

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-05-2005, 15:37   #541
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
But I remember my parents liking Friends aswell. Think they were the one buying the album for me.. lol
well, not to be stereotypical, but.... that explains it all! And on the other hand, my parents like tATu .. and Antique ..that's not to say that they dont have plenty of ABBA cds as well, but i think that goes with the generation, though they would always go for a Russian 'retro HIT' than ABBA
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 27-05-2005, 15:47   #542
Bitchka

forre, actually now that i really listened to the songs - I think The Roma is a bit 'too boring' for me, so I might actually go 'wild' and chenge my vote for the 'Butterfly/80s' song sang by the B-Boys
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 27-05-2005, 18:25   #543
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by forre
spyretto, that was a remote resemblance, it's difficult to apply plagiarism there.

Okay, here's the shot - Plagiarism inside Eurovision

Lisa Del Bo (Belgium 1996) and Friends (Sweden 2001).
(Original first and then Swedish plagiat)

Belgium has borrowed a few notes from ABBA in its turn (Angel Eyes + The Winner Takes It All)

Enjoy!
Fair enough but then the same rule applies for the Joey/4 -Non Blondes comparison. But if you isolate some parts of "Las Vegas" and "Hit the Road Jack" and compare them they sound exactly the same but on a different pace.
Didn't think that some people would have the nerve to copy a Eurovision song only a few years apart. That one was funny.

Any more suggestions?

Bosnia=Chain Reaction. There might be some reference there. Shakira: Ojos Asi = UK?
ok, more of a remote comparison that one...
Old 27-05-2005, 18:46   #544
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Bosnia=Chain Reaction
Maybe if I only heard Chain Reaction.

coolasfcuk, You are right, anyone out of those 3 could do better than Las Vegas. No, none of the 3 were even in the National final, so imagine the taste of swedes. They seem to loose the touch with Eurovision.

I saw Swedish voting result in this year's semi-final. So top 4 countries they voted 4 were:
Denmark
Norway
Finland
Iceland

Hi-hi .. after that they blaim another nations voting politically!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 27-05-2005, 19:04   #545
Bitchka

Quote:
I saw Swedish voting result in this year's semi-final. So top 4 countries they voted 4 were:
Denmark
Norway
Finland
Iceland

they blame others? the Balkans, eh?
OMG, such hypocritical calm and honest swedes! Here's an advice for you, just stick to your 'privacy' custom, and dont put your nose in others people's business, that is our job - the barbarians from the Balkans!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 27-05-2005, 19:44   #546
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Maybe if I only heard Chain Reaction.

Here

Do I hear "fornicates" in the Bosnian song? Maybe it's just me
But you can't really accuse them of "plagiarism" cuase those old songs are so much better than the ESC ones. There's a difference in class there.

It was "all it takes", not "fornicates"
Old 27-05-2005, 20:03   #547
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk

they blame others? the Balkans, eh?
OMG, such hypocritical calm and honest swedes! Here's an advice for you, just stick to your 'privacy' custom, and dont put your nose in others people's business, that is our job - the barbarians from the Balkans!

That is a big misconception actually. Lets all cast our minds back to last year's Euro match between Sweden and Denmark
Old 27-05-2005, 20:15   #548
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
But you can't really accuse them of "plagiarism" cuase those old songs are so much better than the ESC ones.
You actually can as the songs are built the same way. They have a key for the verse and then used the same key for the refrain + tone up and further tone up in the second part of the refrain. The tempo differs a lot but if to run Dina Ross song in the 120 bieats/sec., you'll see that the songs are the same.

Verdict: "Call Me" by Feminem is a PLAGIAT!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 28-05-2005, 22:06   #549
My Waking Hour

Zdob si Zdub ( the Moldovan entry and possibly the only original act to appear in the final ) copied the riff from one of their older songs for Boonika Bate Toba. Well, not exactly plagiarism but a good riff nonetheless.

Zdob & Zdub theme song:

sunny do you know what the "casa mare" is?

Last edited by spyretto; 28-05-2005 at 22:18.
Old 29-05-2005, 01:01   #550
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
well spy, I doubt this can be called actually copying with Zdob & Zdub.. its just their stye they r known for and no wonder they repeat themselves at times lol
Song u posted is the first one I herad of theirs I think.. was a big hit here. But when it comes to lyrics, u should ask Killa I guess I heard only 2 songs of Zdubs in russian.. their cover for Vedeli Noch and Ty Menya Ostavila =) rest are in anything but russian. moldovian or romanian.. i never know such things.
Old 29-05-2005, 15:37   #551
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny poison
rest are in anything but russian. moldovian or romanian.. i never know such things.
Moldovian does not exist as an individual language. its just Romanian spoken with a russian accent and with some regionalisms. So in Moldova they either speak Russian or Romanian. Actually it would be more fair to say that they speak mostly Russian and try to re-learn Romanian.

spy, this is what i said too a few pages back: they copied an instrumental part from "Zdubii bateti tare", their first song (the one you posted), for "Bunica bate toba".
and "casa mare" = "the big house"
Old 02-06-2005, 22:12   #552
My Waking Hour

Yeah I've got the album from a p2p. It's mostly rap metal, except for that bit,which is more ethnic, the direction they took ever since. Haven't checked their other albums yet.

I wanted to say that, in retrospect, my favourite song from 2003 was Norway's: Jostein Hassegaard - I'm Not Afraid To Move On. Not that it makes any difference but spy's favs for this millemium are:

2005 Moldova now
2004 Cyprus
2003 Norway
2002 Romania ( I'd put Greece again but I'd be biased plus the song flopped )
2001 Greece
2000 Latvia

half of them ballads
ReplyPost New Thread