Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Fanfic - Have we met?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 10:41   #101
God of All Things Girthy

Send a message via MSN to Shakrin
*in a corner shoving immense amounts of vitamin E's while vitamin C's are in the corner, collecting dust bunnies and spider's webs*

*then see ladies watching with squinted eyes*

EEEEPPP

*RUNS*

p.s.~ the new chapter is in the previous page LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
*Yawn*~ ...Is it alright if I hold you through the night...?
Old 04-07-2005, 12:26   #102
God of All Things Girthy

Chapter 10

“Here.” Yulia said before plopping down on a patio chair next to Lena, and handing her a can of Coke. Lena just smirked.

“Caffeine in this time of night? Guess I’m not going to sleep tonight then.” Lena said quietly as she popped the can open and took three big gulps.

“Well it *is* your favorite drink, so I thought it was the right thing to bring you. And besides… I’m really trying to cut back on alcohol.” Yulia replied, popping her own can and taking sips of it herself. Lena just chuckled.

“Yeah, seems like the obvious thing to do after… Never mind.” Lena cut herself short before taking another deep drink out of her can. “Thanks by the way. I was have one of my fizzy cravings.”

“Anytime.” Yulia stated simply. An awkward silence ensued. But suddenly Lena broke it in a tone of wonder and curiousness.

“Wait… How did you know that my favorite drink is Coke?” Lena asked, her eyes filling in with lively hope.

“Well of course it’s your favorite drink because I remember you stealing…” Yulia trailed off, closing her eyes in impatience. “…Damn.” She just said before sighing.

“I see.” Lena was surprised she even had a voice to keep talking at all. She was still awestruck in her own little way for finally seeing her lover awake. Yulia suddenly smirked.

“Now that I think about it, I don’t even know your name. And I don’t even know what your relation is to me.” Yulia said in a casual but in a questioning voice. One of her brows up her, her index finger playing with the soda can’s tab.

Lena just sighed. “I think… Maybe… It’s better that way. Just think of me as an old friend.”

“A friend without a name?” Yulia persisted grudgingly.

“Oh… you may call me, Bob.” Lena said in a half serious and half teasing way. Yulia rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Something tells me ‘Bob’ isn’t really your name.” Yulia was getting a little grouchy with the way this… enchanting woman with red hair was acting towards her. Acting like a tease, acting like she had all the cards in her hands, and that she knew everything. But the punch line that pissed her off the most was the fact that she did know everything, and was probably just not spilling the beans.

“I’m guessing that ‘Something’ is your busted sixth sense. You never know, my name might really be Bob, and you’re really hurting my feelings right now.” Lena teased again, finishing up her Coke. Yulia groaned in frustration.

Lena slowly got up from her seat and plucked off her jacket that hung loosely from her chair. “Well, I’m going to head off. Is your busted sixth sense telling you now that we are somehow going to meet again?” She asked, smiling mischievously.

“Actually, yes. Is my sixth sense telling the truth now?” Yulia answered with another question.

“Maybe.” Lena replied with a teasing smile and was already making her way away from the patio. But Yulia’s call stopped her.

“Bob! Wait! I’m going to give you my number just in case…” But Lena cut her off half way.

“I already know it. Good night!” Lena called back before waving her hand good bye and walking away.

Yulia watched “Bob” turn a corner and disappear from her line of sight. She snickered and shoved the scrap piece of paper back in her pocket as well as her pen. “Crazy…” She muttered before sitting back down on the chair and dipping her own can of Coke in her mouth to finish it off.

Through all the excitement of Yulia possibility of permanent amnesia, Vik had forgotten about the video tape. The tape which had all his proof of what he had done to Lena. Leaning back on his sofa, he picked up his bottle of beer off his coffee table and took a light sip.

There was no one other than him and Kolya who knew about the plan. Nervously taking out his packet of cigarettes from his back pocket, he fished one out and lit it. He took a long drag, trying to ease his strenuous popping thoughts and hectic mind.

Why would Kolya ever betray him? He should know that if he was to rat out on him to the fuzz, he would automatically be a tag along as well. It just didn’t make sense. Then suddenly a flash of memory bumped out his train of thoughts.

“…Taking a life is hardly something to look forward to…” The gentle mutter of Kolya’s words under his breath rung instantaneously in his head. He knew Kolya was a bit on the religious side before, and sometimes he had the sharp conscience of a knife. But still, it was very much far fetched. But something in the back of head kept repeating the fact that he and Kolya were the only people who knew about the plan.

Unless there was something he wasn’t remembering.

No, he wouldn’t have forgotten something like that. He sighed as he assumed his conclusions in his head. Mother fucking bastard, he thought bitterly.

A burst of shrills of the phone ringing made him jump. Cursing he picked up the phone and greeted the unknown person on the other line, casually.

“Vik, it’s me.” Vik’s lips twitched in a developing anger and betrayal. Well, hello there, Kolya.

Mr. Katin pretended not notice his daughter sit on the couch across from him. He tried to look like he was focused into an article he was reading, but it didn’t really work because he was trying to act grave with the comic’s page. The presence of his daughter made him feel complicated, making him ignore everything surrounding him.

“Daddy…?” Lena called to her kin delicately, emotionally open and as sincere as she could be, afraid of rejection from her own father. “Daddy?” She called again, more determined this time.

Mr. Katin hesitantly lowered his news paper and set it beside him. Taking off his reading glasses, he looked up to see his daughter in a somewhat fragile and disappointed expression. “Yes, Lena?”

“I’m sorry.” She spilt out softly, looking away. Her fingers were fidgeting, her thumbs twiddling.

Mr. Katin’s expression immediately softened, but still frowning in a slight confusion. “Sorry for what, my dear?”

“For not making you happy, not being normal as you wanted to be and… Just screwing it over with the publicity for our industry.”

But her father just sighed and sadly chuckled, his features softening considerably. “Baby, I know that you did not drive. I know who you are, and I know how you act. You are not the kind of person to go cavorting about drinking then driving. I taught you better than that. As for who you are… That person that you are trying to hide, that person is the reason that I love you. I am proud of my daughter, Lena; I’ve never been more honored, in my life. I thank god every night for giving me the greatest miracle of all my life… You. All I want for you… Is for you to be happy. That’s all I care about, not some stupid publicity. Understand?” He asked authoratively.

Lena chocked and nodded while she snatched her tears away with the back of her sleeves.

“I’m sorry for acting… Sour to you for some time now. I couldn’t help it. I let some stupid lies blind me to the fact that you are my daughter, and how much I love you.” He coaxed as he promptly moved his seat to the seat beside Lena, pulling her in his arms. Then hugging her father full force, she bawled into his shoulder, relieved and glad.

“Daddy…” She scratched in his embrace.

“Yes, honey?” He asked.

“I’m going to give her up.” She said simply.

But Mr. Katin objected. “But Lena, I just told you, I want you to be happy…” But he was cut off with a sad but devoted, determined but pained voice of his daughter.

“No. I’m going to give her up. For your company’s sake and mine.” She said, making it final. But she silently whished that Yulia wouldn’t give her up in return.

“Do you really think that’s a good idea, Lena?” Ivan asked, trying to fix his tie in front of his office mirror for the umpteenth time. Lena just rolled her eyes and teasingly slapped Ivan’s hands away as she went to work on his tie with her own hands.

“Ivan! This is my construction. My dad told me I could do it, and I want to it. It was my idea in he first place. I’m just making sure no one gets their grubby paws off *my* plan, that’s all.” She said as she smiled at the result of her handy work on Ivan’s tie. Ivan checked himself in the mirror again and nodded with a satisfying expression.

“Are you sure that’s all your reason? I heard Ms. Volkova was going to be there at t meeting today. She’s the one cross-examining your blue print… Or so I’ve heard.” Ivan said with a hint of mischief in his tone and he winked at Lena.

“I told you, me and Yulia is over. There is no us. She doesn’t even remember who I am.” She whispered as she collected her stuff off from Ivan’s bureau.

Ivan quirked his brows and leaned his head towards Lena with a stern expression. “Lena…” He said warningly.

“Ivan, stop it. Now, the meeting starts in five minutes! Are you coming or not? Oh I get it; you’re too busy ogling at your self in the mirror. Ever get the thought of flattering yourself way too much there?” She said in a kid like voice as she mock-ditched Ivan in his office and walked out.

“Oh, and she comes out swinging! I’m coming red riding hood, I’m coming! Don’t get your panties up in a bunch now…” He said jokingly but menacingly. As he closed the office door behind him, distant sound of Lena saying, “Ivan! Watch your language; you’re married!”

“There you are Lena! I was just about to send for you. Good timing.” Her father said, pleased. But he was also antsy about Yulia’s presence. Lena just flashed her pearl baring smile at the company and took out her plan in front of the group of audience. Mr. Katina stood, and he gestured his arm at Lena.

“Mr. Pavlovich, this is my coordinator and the team captain of the planning department, Ms. Katina. Ms. Katina, Mr. Pavlovich and the Sanpan company majors.” He properly introduced them both and he sat down.

But behind of all the greasy or bald headed men, there was Yulia, her eyes dancing around the sight of the red headed woman. Lena. That’s what Mr. Katin had called her. Katin. Katina. Father and daughter?

There was laugh evident on Yulia’s features, though she didn’t dare show her amusement while Lena was doing her presentation. Lena. Lena. She said her name repeatedly very quietly in her mouth, trying to marvel at the feeling of familiarity.

She had remained quiet through the whole presentation, and had remained even after the meeting, watching the red had pack up after the Sanpan Company, Ivan and her presumed father. She was still sitting in her original place, in her brown tailored fitting suit with a red striped tie draped loosely around her neck.

“Well Bob… Good presentation.” Yulia said aloud. Lena looked up at the name Bob and blushed. Busted. “And yes, I know your name now. But… I’m going to call you Bob just for the heck of it. You seem to be very fond of it too.” Lena just smirked, proceeding to put stuff away in her briefcase.

Yulia stood and went to where Lena was packing up. She held up Lena’s construction blueprint and held it up with a questioning glance before saying, “May I?”

Lena nodded nonchalantly before closing her case and standing beside Yulia to look over her shoulder at her blueprint. But she heard Yulia click her tongue and saw her shake her head side to side.

Panic arose in her stomach as she took an unintended step into Yulia’s personal space and pressed into the brunette’s back to get a better view of her blueprint. She was unsuccessfully trying to find the flaws Yulia was seeing herself.

“No… This is all unbalanced… Wrong there, there and there…” Yulia murmured to herself ass she pointed to the various parts of her carefully thought out planning. With a bolt of unexpected movement, Yulia ripped the blue print in half. Lena flinched and backed up as she just witnessed what had happened to her week’s worth of work. Yulia turned around to face Lena, making her watch herself crumpling up the ripped paper and litter to litter it to the floor.

“Bob, your ideas are great, very unique. I can see where you’re trying to get at. But what I just saw was a complete contradictory as to what you had presented to me and to the Sanpan in the meeting. It was total crap. Make up another one, one I could accept.” She said in a happy sing song and a little of teasing voice as she resumed to walk out of meeting room.

Then she abruptly stopped and turned around to face Lena once more with a small smile. “Oh Bob, by the way, would you like a tub of ice cream or a handkerchief or anything like that?” She asked in an aloof voice. She suddenly looked very egotistical and contemptuous.

Lena flushed and flustered, she stuttered to place her pissed off word in a full sentence. “You’re so selfish, and bitchy and so damn-..”

“Sexy? I know. Don’t stand there blubbering like an idiot, let’s go out for dinner. And if act like a good little girl, I might even help you with your blue print.” The brunette said with a wink and with her old confidence rising up again.

Lena just squinted her eyes and twitched her lips. “Better be the most expensive restaurant in town…” She grumbled. But she stopped grumbling when Yulia unconsciously strung her arm around Lena’s waist while the hand on the arm poked at Lena’s own hand.

Lena just stared at Yulia in wonder. But she sighed and decided to let it go. It’s not like she wasn’t enjoying herself, and not loving those little unconscious habits she seemed to have remembered before the accident.

“I swear! Why the hell would I do that to you?!” Kolya screamed, his hands soaked in his own blood clutching at his punctured thigh. He was on the floor of him home, crying. Vik’s lips twitched again before his hand went up to reveal a video tape in his hand.

“You lying little shit! I found this tape and six more of them under your bed. Are you still going to lie to me? Huh?!” Vik screeched, then hurling the video tape to the opposite wall. “You think you could threaten with this little fucking joke?!” He yelled again before getting his foot to stomp on the gun shot wound he made on Kolya’s thigh.

An ear splitting scream emerged from Kolya.

“No! That’s not mine damn it!! I’ve been fucking framed, man, I swear! Vik… Vik! Don’t do this,” Vik took aim at Kolya’s head with his simple black, hand gun. “Vik, you’re making a mistake, I didn’t do this! Put the damn gun away, Vik!” He cocked his gun, the click of the sound resonating inside the room and cutting off all sounds from Kolya.

“Good bye, Kolya. And go to hell.”

“Vik, Vik! NO!” A smoldering crack of gunfire echoed in Kolya’s house, and shortly after with a clatter of a gun on the hard wood floor as it finale.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-07-2005, 18:20   #103
we shout

Quote:
“Oh… you may call me, Bob.” Lena said in a half serious and half teasing way.
“Bob! Wait! I’m going to give you my number just in case…” But Lena cut her off half way.
Yulia watched “Bob” turn a corner and disappear from her line of sight.
ahahahahaha

thanks for update Shax! I'll discuss with Veg if we could send you some lemon trees!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means
Old 04-07-2005, 20:00   #104
God of All Things Girthy

did u read chap 9 tho? it wouldn't make sense if you didn't!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-07-2005, 23:46   #105
Gimme some sugar!

yes we will send a lemon tree. in the mean time have some lemonade, bob
Old 05-07-2005, 02:19   #106
we shout

yes .. I read chap 9 ... now if that wasn't Kolya.. who was it? .. that is why you need a lemon tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 05-07-2005, 08:39   #107
God of All Things Girthy

psshh!! i need no lemon tree!! but what u *can* send me is some money tree! (okay that was lame, i'm sorry.)

and you know, the person who did the video taping has been mentioned(look back a few pages)... thats my biggest hint to y'all. lol
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-07-2005, 09:46   #108
we shout

aha! that is why you need a lemon tree! because I am so confused who took the video .. okay it could be just some stranger doing outdoor .. but then what is Kolya's role in Vik's plan? So I thought there must be other plan by Kolya, but now you killed him.

urr.. Veg .. better send alll lemon tree to me then... if cannot .. send me money tree as suggested by Shax. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 05-07-2005, 10:39   #109
Gimme some sugar!

yes well i'm out of money trees at the moment

i remember someone in the bushes, when the accident hapend.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:40   #110
God of All Things Girthy

no no miss delite.....waaaaaaaaaaaay bk....
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-07-2005, 10:45   #111
Gimme some sugar!

am i not right? well no need to force my little brain, you'll tell us eventually
Old 05-07-2005, 17:18   #112
we shout

huh? what did I missed? *goes search what's before the bushes*

oh .. I go buy food first.

---------------

edit:

okay .. I just did a scan-read-through .. now I know the prime suspect . but I wont tell..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Last edited by denial; 05-07-2005 at 18:40.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:02   #113
God of All Things Girthy

Chapter 11

More than a year ago…

“So what are you tryin’ to do here? Gon’ tryin’ to do pay me half the shit’s worth and expect me to be happy lil’ boy? Dun think so ya prick. You gone gimme a bump half the size of a friggin’ bowlin’ ball and you still gots the guts to pay me half the shit’s worth?? What’s wrong with ya?!” He growled his face already red from half an hour of ranting in Vik’s face.

Vik was casually sipping from a glass of whisky, looking out at his back yard garden of his gigantic house. The man who had been ranting for almost an hour was getting downright pissed off at Vik’s reaction to his demands. He looked like he hardly listened.

So the man kicked a bar stool in his way, knocking it over to the side, and marched right up to Vik’s unmoving back. Then with his fist raised in the air he was ready to strike at unsuspecting Vik. Then with a sudden pivot of his body, Vik violently crashed down his glass on the man’s head. The man screamed, holding his right eye.

“Get out.” Vik grimaced in disgust as he said this. “Your cash will be mailed to you. And before you go, could you possibly clean this off of my floor? Thanks.” Vik said before going upstairs.

Yulia’s eyes bulged when she received the cheque for dinner. Through Lena’s constant whining, although very cute whining, they had eventually came to the most expensive restaurant in town. But she nearly passed out from the price.

Then uncomfortably clearing her throat, she set the cheque back down on the table and mischievously smiled. Leaning back and relaxing in her chair, she called out to Lena who was finishing the last of her Shiraz.

“Bob.” Yulia said, in a flat voice, in an attempt to keep her voice quiet. Getting the hint Lena also toned down her voice a notch and responded.

“What?”

“I’m thinking of Dine and Dash. What are you thinking?” Lena just smiled like the devil himself, surprising Yulia.

“I’m thinking, Genius. Come on, let’s go.” With baffled giggles, they snatched up their purses and stood almost too casually and slowly headed for the exit without no guilt or hurry in their steps. Then suddenly a greasy looking man stepped in front of them with a rugged expression.

‘Shit! Are we busted?!’ Lena thought frantically. But both Lena and Yulia inwardly heaved a heavy sigh of relief when the rugged expression turned into a bright smile.

“Thank you ladies, please visit us again!!” He said in a nauseating kindness. Yulia just brushed him off, grabbing for Lena’s hand and power walking out of there.

Lena was laughing hysterically, but getting dragged by Yulia by her hand at the same time.

“I can’t we just left without paying!!” Lena exclaimed a bit too loudly for Yulia comfort. But she smirked anyways.

“Tell the whole world now, why don’t ya?” Yulia said as she grimaced when a passerby looked at them strangely before crossing the street. Probably wondering why Lena was so hysterical.

But Lena immediately stopped laughing after Yulia’s last statement, dying down into a small sigh. Yulia noted this as an unusual behavior, leaning down a bit to look at Lena in her eyes.

“Anything the matter? You suddenly went quiet.” Yulia said in a questioning way. But Lena just shook her head side to side, smiling weakly. The words Yulia had said before sounded just like she did the last time they went out for dinner and just came running out without paying. Yulia just smirked, shaking her head thinking Lena was just being very random and silly.

The brunette let go of her grasp around Lena’s hand, then walked ahead exhaling deeply. Then with a little wistfully she whispered, “Will you ever tell me who you are?”

Lena cocked her head with a sheepish smile. “You already know my name, dummy.” But Yulia just harshly shook her head with a frustrated grunt.

“No that’s not what I meant. I want to know where you stand, or stood, in my life.” The brunette reasoned, but to no avail. The red headed woman just gave her a sympathetic smile and a soft but brief stroke down Yulia’s arm.

Then as Lena’s fingertips left Yulia’s arm, she felt something spark, maybe on her arm, the same spot getting touched by that same stroke. Or maybe in front of her eyes as she remembered the red head, beside her in bed, half naked running her fingers up and down her arm.

Yulia brought her free palm up to that spot on her arm and squeezed it. Her gaze bee lined on the pavement ground, in front of her eyes seeing not the grey road beneath her, but something of her past.

“Looks like we both could use a drink.” Yulia remembered herself commenting briskly, propping herself against the entrance of the woman’s washroom. Her eyes were fixated on the startled red head through the reflection of the mirror. Then she remembered herself slowly walking up to the red head and pressing against her.

“Isn’t it a little early for that?” She remembered seeing Lena’s face in conflict when she had proposed the idea. She remembered the act of suppressing her stoic grin at that. Yulia grinned at the memory. Looked like she was gay as a garden gnome. How could she not notice that obvious thing about herself?

“It’s after noon.” The flashback of images ended with the last look of Lena’s walls crumpling before her.

Yulia slowly looked up at Lena, looking at her with curious wonder about her eyes. “Yulia… Are you okay?” Lena asked, giving the brunette a playful kick on Yulia’s calf with the toe of her shoe.

“Oh ya,” Yulia started, but the kick got another images kicking in her head space, rudely interrupting. Not that she minded.

The images she saw were incredible, making her a bit weak in the knees. It was Lena and herself, on the driver’s seat of her car of all places, completely in the glory of being naked kissing the life out of each other. She could immediately feel the touches Lena had inflicted such long time ago. Her hands made their way to the burning spots on her flesh, and relished it.

Then suddenly her images skipped to an event where Lena’s foot accidentally kicked and had gotten it stuck in one of the hole in her steering wheel.

“Yul…Umm…my foot.. It’s stuck in your steering wheel.”

When her movies of her past ended, she broke out of trance to stare a hole through the shifting red head. Yulia just gasped out an incredulous laugh before raising her palm up to her mouth. But Lena’s face was showing blank, only displaying features of a half frown and a half maddening curiosity.

“Yulia are you sure you’re oka--…”

But Yulia just roughly bunched up Lena’s collar with her clenched fist, and violently pulled the yelping red head to her, the brunette planting a bruising, hungry kiss on her lips. Lena’s astounded eyes blinked for a couple of moments, not knowing what to do. But she did what she could do, and closed her eyes, not bothering to fight the wills.

Finally pulling apart, they both exhaled deeply. Their breaths mingled in the cold winter night’s air, their foreheads against each other and Yulia’s nose still lingering over and beside Lena’s.

“Never Better… Lena.” Yulia whispered, leaning in to take Lena in her embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2005, 05:30   #114
we shout

awwww... so sweet .. Yulia remember now ... yay .. *big smiles ear to ear*

Quote:
“Bob.” Yulia said, in a flat voice, in an attempt to keep her voice quiet
- that was sudden!

Quote:
More than a year ago…
More! more! more of this! *wipes wipes Shax's vit C bottle* .. well .. after re-read I already suspected it was ..... ... that .. [censored].... well .. I have no choice . [censored] only one with perfect motive for money.

Thank for update Shax!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Last edited by denial; 08-07-2005 at 10:13.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:29   #115
God of All Things Girthy

HOLY CRAP MISS D!!! EDIT IT NOW!!
SHUSH SHUSH SHUSH!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2005, 10:14   #116
we shout

I've edit!!

*is proud* .. heh heh heh ..

@ Veg
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46   #117
God of All Things Girthy

omg WHEW!!! u almost gave me a cardiac arrest!! sweet jesus joseph and mary!!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57   #118
God of All Things Girthy

[while i'm here....oh what the hell, update!!]

Chapter 12

Vik sat at his computer desk, staring at his computer screen with his glasses perched on his nose. His fingers were busily clacking away, only stopping briefly for his eyes to read through the work he had done so far. He was finally getting through the piled up work his had procrastinated on, finally getting some time to finish them off.

A yawn breaking his face he casually leaned back on his chair to relax, sliding his glasses off to rub his tired aching face. Then as soon as he stood back up to continue working the phone rang.

Grimacing at the sudden shrill of sound, he glanced at his watch. It was almost three in the morning. He wondered who could be trying to reach him at that hour. With a look of annoyance flashing on his features and checked the caller ID for a name. If it was a person who wasn’t of importance, he could ignore it. But the caller ID only told him it was a Private Caller.

With a grunt he picked up the phone.

“Hello?” He croaked. He cleared his throat.

“Tsk tsk… Wrong person… Please try again. But it seems like… You already killed your only friend.” The uncomfortably familiar sounding voice garbled on the other line.

“Who the hell are you?!” Vik snarled on his phone.

“Someone you’ve forgotten. D’you think I was really that stupid? Uh uh uh… You should’ve listened to me.” The voice said again. Vik’s right lid twitched. Then with a sudden motion of his arm he slammed the phone down, hanging up.

“Why didn’t you tell me, Lena? The truth about my past?” Yulia trailed off, hint go hurt in her voice as she tried to hide it by trying to keep her tone as casual as she could. Lena was looking away, her hand gently snaking its way around her Coke can and taking a sip. She was avoiding the question.

Yulia suddenly slammed her fist down on the table with such force; Lena jumped and snapped her head up to meet Yulia’s glossy eyes. “Why?” Yulia coaxed one last time. Lena’s fingers were trembling against the can of her soda. She’d never witnessed Yulia so mad before.

“I didn’t lie… About anything Yulia.” Lena whispered, managing to tear her eyes away from Yulia’s enrapturing blue iris.

“Well you sure as hell didn’t tell me the truth either. Did you wanted me to forget or something? Is that it? Wanted to remain friends? You can tell me that now if you want to.” Yulia couldn’t keep her anger in check anymore, the bubbling fury obvious in her voice.

Yulia saw Lena was definitely uncomfortable at the suggestion, making her shift in her chair. But the thing that made her more astonished was that she didn’t object to anything Yulia had just blurted out.

Lena suddenly looked up with tears sliding down her face, and said, “I want us to remain friends.” Yulia’s eyes narrowed at the news, her mouth gaping in shock.

Yulia clenched her fist around her own soda can and hurled it across her office, making it hit the opposite wall it a heavy thud. The can was brought back to the floor, fizzing noises and foams of her former drink marring her floor. “What the fuck, Lena?! I wake up from the longest sleep I’ve ever fucking had, and it takes me weeks to remember you… You’re throwing that all away?! What is the matter with you?!!”

Lena stood up from her seat, somber. She gave short sniffle as her last reply before she walked out of Yulia’s office.

“Hello?” The man on the other answered with a vibrant tone.

“Hi… It’s Lena.” Lena said her voice quiet and her fake optimistic tone dissolving into a melancholy melody. She heard the man clear his throat in a disapproving gesture before he replied.

“Well, Miss Katina… What can I do for you?”

“It’s over.” Lena answered, her voice cracking up.

“Pardon me?”

The anguish of repeating those words again pained her. “Me and Yulia… It’s over.”

Then she heard awkward sputtering from the old man, trying to find something to say to the woman who had just called him. But before he could say anything, Lena talked first.

“Good night, Mr. Volkov.” She hung up.

Back to more than a year ago…

“Of course, I took care of it. Who do you think I am Kolya? I’m a genius when it comes to these things.” Vik said in an excited but at the same time a cool voice. Kolya smirked over the phone, not in a form of degradation but in a from of amusement.

“Well, that’s good news. How about we meet later for a drink? I don’t want anything to get rusty.” Kolya said uneasily. Vik snorted.

“Is someone having the last minute anxiety attack?”

“Is someone having the bad case of ass fest PMS?” Kolya replied defiant. Vik was exclaiming with a laugh.

“What are you, a girl??” Vik answered challenging Kolya.

“What are you, a queer??” Kolya shot right back.

“Look man, we’ll meet and continue this later. I gotta run. Got some errands. Later.”

“Whatever, man.”

They both hung up.

Kolya sighed as he stood from his sofa where he was talking on the phone to go back to his bedroom. He was up for a long nap. Grinning at his companion in his bed, he crawled back in the sheets with a malicious chuckle.

“Coming back to bed, sweet pea?” A woman’s voice muffled through the blankets. Kolya chuckled once again before latching himself to the woman.

“Better believe it.”

“Miss Katina, your hemorrhage must be handled with within this month. Or else it could be fatal.” The doctor said, hint of urgency in his voice.

Lena sighed. The stress was slowly taking its toll on her.

“Of course, doctor. When do you propose we ‘handle’ it?” The doctor sighed as he flipped through his clip board and fiddled with his calendar.

“Well being the major surgery as it is, I’m going to have you and keep you here for at least two days before you go into operation. Is that alright with you, Miss?” There was really no point in asking for the doctor’s voice left no room for a such thing called re-schedule.

“Of course, that sounds about good. But doctor… What is the probability of the surgery being successful?” Lena asked, still a light of hope dimming in her voice. The doctor pressed his index and middle fingers up to his temple, leaning up front on his desk.

“Looking at the worst case scenario… You would only get to live a year’s time. A year and a half at best. If the surgery went smoothly and everything went right where it was supposed to, you would live for about ten years at best, but only if you visit the hospital regularly and with proper prescriptions taken daily.” Doctor’s voice was dying down, unsure how the lady in front of him would take in the information.

But surprisingly the red head just sadly smiled, her head turned away with tears revisiting upon her each cheek. She exhaled deeply.

“When do you think this operation should be held?” Lena spoke softly and gently, and enunciated each word. She suddenly wanted everything to be its fullest, not wanting to take each breath of her’s for granted.

“I propose as soon as possible. Next week perhaps.” He said, comfort and pity taking the general expression on his face. Lena nodded wordlessly.

Vik was still staring at the phone, thinking about the day before’s little conversation with a voice he had. He could feel his hair rise on the back of his neck every time he thought back to the words those voice made.

The doorbell rang. Naturally he jumped before curing and getting up. Making his way to the front door, he opened it, facing a man with a large brown box in his arms. His uniform blue, the trademark FedEx logo printed on the left breast of his jacket. The delivery man smiled a little before handing the package to Vik and giving him a little clipboard to sign.

Vik signed it and said a silent good bye before closing the door. Making his way to the living room, he set the package down on his table and sat down. His hands already crawling all around the package, he tore it open. But he just stared in shock at he saw what the content was.

He held up a jagged piece of tinted glass, the pointy edge stained with dark rouge. He gasped and purposely dropped the piece of glass on his carpet. He knew that the stain was dried up old blood. Then his memory flashed back at the first memory that came into his head.

…“So what are you tryin’ to do here? Gon’ tryin’ to do pay me half the shit’s worth and expect me to be happy lil’ boy? Dun think so ya prick. You gone gimme a bump half the size of a friggin’ bowlin’ ball and you still gots the guts to pay me half the shit’s worth?? What’s wrong with ya?!” He growled his face already red from half an hour of ranting in Vik’s face….

…So the man kicked a bar stool in his way, knocking it over to the side, and marched right up to Vik’s unmoving back. Then with his fist raised in the air he was ready to strike at unsuspecting Vik. Then with a sudden pivot of his body, Vik violently crashed down his glass on the man’s head. The man screamed, holding his right eye….

That right eye… He remembered hazily that a glass piece was indeed lodged in his right eye. It could be possibly…? Vik brought his palm up to his mouth as he stared down at his carpet, staring incredulously at the lying stained thick piece of glass winking up at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Shakrin; 08-07-2005 at 15:04.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:48   #119
we shout

Thanks for quick update Shax .. wo .. now Lena is in sad situation .. she will refused Yulia .. and so sad she's at the doctor appointment alone ...

and ps: I think I also know what will happen after the surgery.... wo.. this getting so complicated ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Last edited by denial; 09-07-2005 at 06:02.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:18   #120
Gimme some sugar!

intense!
ReplyPost New Thread