Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

RIP Michael Jackson, August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 26-06-2009, 22:11   #21
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurgi View Post
Khartoun2004, you are just spot on there. I've been trying to explain these sentiments today but people are just so set in their ways it's just completely moot. But i think you said it in the best way possible.
I've seriously been listening to him all day.
OMG me too! I've been flipping through all the Mtv channels (they are for once actually playing mostly music videos and performances... of course all of Michael Jackson)... Such talent, Madonna is probably the closest artist I can think of that rivals him in popularity, but she's really not even close to being equal to him... I wish I had had the chance to see him perform live before he died. I'm sure it would have gone down as one of the best shows I would ever see in my life.

I still remember the first time I ever saw a music video, I was 5 years old and flipping through the cable channels at my dad's house and I just happened to flip to Mtv as Thriller was starting (the full length version of course)... It scared the shit out of me, but I loved every second of it. That was definitely the start of my fondness for horror movies.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 27-06-2009, 01:04   #22
The Dream is Over, :~(

Sorry but I'm going to have to agree with AshMcAuliffe. While the loss of a living legend is certainly great I hope his alleged paedophilia is never forgotten. You can appreciate the music and talent but still be disgusted with the man himself. It's crappy that he seems to have gotten off both times mainly due to the parents of the children being shady characters.

In any case, I don't buy the whole boy in man's body thing. I think it's just rationalising his perversions, a grown adult can only blame his/her parents for so long. After a while you have to take responsibility for your own life. Michael just fed into his own ego, the guy had a God-like status, he could get away with child molestation if he tried... and he did. Celebrities tend to get away with many things.

I apologise for saying this now, it's rather tasteless to say only one day after his death. I just felt like giving a differing, non-adoring assessment of his waning years. Glossing over his faults just doesn't sit well with me but we are all entitled to our opinions, of course.
Old 27-06-2009, 01:51   #23
Postmodern

Farrah Fawcett arrives at the pearly gates and Saint Peter Grants her one wish, so she thinks for a minute and says "I wish all the children in the world to be safe". The next day Micheal Jackson dies from heart attack.
Old 27-06-2009, 10:23   #24
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl View Post
Glossing over his faults just doesn't sit well with me but we are all entitled to our opinions, of course.
Exactamundo! That is what pisses me off the most. When someone dies (namely celebrities) they are ALWAYS painted out to be an angel.
Ok, he was found not guilty in the trial but he settled the first case out of court essentially buying silence. If he had nothing to hide why not allow it to go to court the first time around and prove your innocence? Unfortunately shit sticks. He should have kept his distance from kids after the first incident but he never. He never learnt by his mistakes regarding that. He believed he could get away with anything just because of his status and his wealth.
And i also do not buy the whole 10-year old in a man's body thing. He was a shrewd, cunning operator. He had to be to survive in the industry that long. When it comes to his music many people mourned the death of his music career 15 years ago when his last decent tracks were released. The last 15 years or so of his life were not about music but about depicting himself as a crazy man and getting himself into trouble. All that happened to him was a matter of CHOICE. He chose to do the things whether they be good things or bad things.
Praise him all you want for his music but don't ever try to gloss over his shortcomings. He was a man with many faults not an angel or a god like many are portraying him to be. I'm now awaiting to see pictures of him depicted as such.

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 27-06-2009 at 12:27.
Old 27-06-2009, 14:15   #25
Can You See Them Now?

The only sick and disgusting thing on this forum is the fact that members like Ash and Endri bring up extremely negative (and what's more, negativity is from allegations that Michael was not found guilty of) aspects of an icons life just to be spiteful when the man has just passed without warning. It's a time to remember Michael Jackson, not to play guessing games and point the finger at him for accusations of child molestation. It's sad that to actually have a tarnished reputation, you don't have to be found guilty of doing anything wrong. Anyone can accuse anybody of anything. Just be accused of something and people are ready to make their own judgments. But people like to do that to anyone who deviates from the norm in society. Even our friendly little hypocritical group of misfits from tatysite.
Old 27-06-2009, 14:57   #26
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe View Post
Ok, he was found not guilty in the trial but he settled the first case out of court essentially buying silence. If he had nothing to hide why not allow it to go to court the first time around and prove your innocence?
What I find really interesting is the fact that the parents of these children accepted money. Wouldn't you make sure that your child's molester got a real punishment? No amount of money can make up for your child being abused, IF they were.

Quote:
He should have kept his distance from kids after the first incident but he never.
Again, I wonder what the parents thought. If you know a person may molest your children, there's no way you let them sleep over at their place.

I think the parents just realized they could get money out of it so they used their children.

Quote:
The last 15 years or so of his life were not about music but about depicting himself as a crazy man and getting himself into trouble.
That's why I'm a bit surprised at how people are all like "Omg he was such an inspiration, there was no-one better than him" when all they've done for these past years is ridicule him and laugh at how crazy he was. I've seen this on another community I visit, it's kind of weird.

Quote:
All that happened to him was a matter of CHOICE. He chose to do the things whether they be good things or bad things.
I don't think he even realized what he was doing, I honestly believe him when he said it's normal to have sleep-overs with little boys. I really think he was that crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Just be accused of something and people are ready to make their own judgments.
That's true, which is why I don't see anything wrong with speaking badly of him. I don't believe in the accusations myself. But just because he was an icon or whatever doesn't mean everyone has to praise him. Some people do think he molested children, and even if they're basing their opinion on something that wasn't even proved, I won't tell them they have to mourn him and show respect. Honestly, if I heard that someone who *I* considered a child molester (whether it's because I know, or because I think so - no matter what I base it on), I wouldn't be sad about it either.

I'm not trying to be negative about him, I promise. I think he seemed to be a good man. Although in my eyes something must have definitely been very wrong with him, but whatever.

Also may I add, I feel so sorry for the doctor who was living with him. People think he's guilty of murder, and are wishing death upon him and hoping he ends up in jail and whatnot.

I'd like to share a video that I thought was super cool celebrating his success http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onaos18apYo
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 27-06-2009, 15:39   #27
the best day

Send a message via MSN to Larie't
Every radio chanel plays him here now, and last night in a club they played many song's of Jackson We danced to his memory
~~~~~~~~~~~
It's a roller-coaster kind of rush and I never knew I could feel that much.
Old 27-06-2009, 16:00   #28
pie crust

Larie't, that's adorable... I would have loved to do that, it's very touching when people get together like that, even complete strangers. There are some videos on youtube where people in the street are celebrating his life by playing songs on a jukebox and singing and dancing. Strangers. Really beautiful.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 27-06-2009, 16:40   #29
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
The only sick and disgusting thing on this forum is the fact that members like Ash and Endri bring up extremely negative (and what's more, negativity is from allegations that Michael was not found guilty of) aspects of an icons life just to be spiteful when the man has just passed without warning. It's a time to remember Michael Jackson, not to play guessing games and point the finger at him for accusations of child molestation. It's sad that to actually have a tarnished reputation, you don't have to be found guilty of doing anything wrong. Anyone can accuse anybody of anything. Just be accused of something and people are ready to make their own judgments. But people like to do that to anyone who deviates from the norm in society. Even our friendly little hypocritical group of misfits from tatysite.
Freedom of speech... be good to remember that in future. Don't like what i write? I don't care. Just don't expect me to keep schtum just because you don't like what i say. Misfit? You made my day. Nice to be called something different than the usual crap. I'd love to know where you get off calling ME a hypocrite.
If you're going to be in the public eye then you have to deal with sceptical people like me and Endri. My point was valid. Plus he screwed up his own career by giving up on making music. If you actually read what i said i never criticised his music and said i respected people's love of him. i mainly have issues with him as a person and his shady dealings because that is what they were. He shot himself in the foot with the documentary that he starred in. That was a glimpse at the real MJ. And he and his people dissed the documentary saying it was inaccurate and unfair... The team followed him for a good period of time. You cannot fake reality.
I'm not spouting negativity. I am simply offering an alternative opinion on MJ. That is nothing new as every conversation you could possibly have on the guy would bring up exactly the same, differing points of view.
Regarding the child molestation stuff - he was found not guilty ONCE which i have said. He paid to get himself out of the other case. Make of that what you like.
QueenBee - Continuing to sleep in the same bed as little boys after you've been accused of molestation? If he never thought anything wrong with it i'm sure his aides did! And thank you for being honest and neutral. That's what i like about you. And regarding what you said about the doctor that sums up my case in point! "Michael Jackson can't be to blame for his death BLAH BLAH BLAH... it must have been the doctor etc." Trying to find someone to blame is disgusting but typical in this case. The facts are there that for a good few years now MJ was abusing prescription drugs! It looks like a Heath Ledger kind of case; Death by a cocktail of prescription drugs.
The fact remains that MJ wasted the last 15 years of his life.

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 27-06-2009 at 19:17.
Old 27-06-2009, 16:48   #30
Son. Husband. Witch!

Double-post

Last edited by AshMcAuliffe; 27-06-2009 at 19:14.
Old 27-06-2009, 19:41   #31
no....

Last night went to a Michael Tribute Concert. The line stretched several blocks and two shows sold out back to back. It started at 12:30am and got out at 3. While it was fun... we all couldn't help but think... dang this weird. To see a caricature of the man on stage was odd and it seemed extremely emotional for him. The musicians how ever were amazing.

In terms of the molestation thing, may i just state that while were all allowed to have opinions on the matter, when it comes to celebrities just keep in mind that none of us actually knew the man. How dare we try to defile the contributions the man made to recording industry because of rumours and the media (which are the most skewed source of information on the planet). When you read the comments made about him from people WHO ACTUALLY KNEW him, you hear the testimony of a fairly compassionate but misunderstood man (who barring from any excuses from the mistakes he has made, which we all do) that had a life that none of us could possibly imagine. Being famous from the adolescence has proven consequences that are mostly cause by the public's constant query eye.

And another thing, so many of the most amazing artists (especially those from the classical and renaissance periods and the post-modern era artists from of the late 20th century were almost all degenerates) that we still respect to this day had secret and often disgusting lives that never came into the popular limelight. We don't downplay their contributions to culture do we? The information era has it's downfalls as we gloss over real contributions over rumors, allegations and quick judgments.
Old 27-06-2009, 21:19   #32
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
In terms of the molestation thing, may i just state that while were all allowed to have opinions on the matter, when it comes to celebrities just keep in mind that none of us actually knew the man. How dare we try to defile the contributions the man made to recording industry because of rumours and the media (which are the most skewed source of information on the planet). When you read the comments made about him from people WHO ACTUALLY KNEW him, you hear the testimony of a fairly compassionate but misunderstood man (who barring from any excuses from the mistakes he has made, which we all do) that had a life that none of us could possibly imagine. Being famous from the adolescence has proven consequences that are mostly cause by the public's constant query eye.
Thank you. That needed to be said.
Old 27-06-2009, 21:48   #33
Postmodern

Quote:
The only sick and disgusting thing on this forum is the fact that members like Ash and Endri bring up extremely negative (and what's more, negativity is from allegations that Michael was not found guilty of) aspects of an icons life just to be spiteful when the man has just passed without warning.
I respect Michael Jackson as a musician, he--together with Elvis Presley and Beatles--was one of those stars that will shine forever. But, frankly speaking, Michael Jackson, the artist, was dead years ago.
Old 27-06-2009, 23:38   #34
no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
But, frankly speaking, Michael Jackson, the artist, was dead years ago.
Not exactly a fair statement ... the same was for Elvis when he died. In fact the circumstances of their deaths are so eerily creepy. Apparently Jackson himself feared sharing Elvis's fate. Elvis had been touring poorly and his respect was waning. He had done a concert and things were slowing putting themselves back together when he suddenly died. Michael was in the same transition period. We didn't have a chance to see what he had in store for us, same as with Elvis. History repeats, The King of Rock and Roll and the King of Pop.
Old 07-07-2009, 21:11   #35
pie crust

Did you guys watch the memorial thingy? I had it on in the background (although I was kinda late) and it was so sad when his poor daughter spoke. I thought it was cute how she seemed eager to say something as well, you can tell she loved her father a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loO4OQmBB2g
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 07-07-2009, 21:16   #36
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
Did you guys watch the memorial thingy? I had it on in the background (although I was kinda late) and it was so sad when his poor daughter spoke. I thought it was cute how she seemed eager to say something as well, you can tell she loved her father a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loO4OQmBB2g
I did, his daughter talking was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. It's very depressing.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35   #37
Bitchka

the bigger the FAME, the bigger the fucking gossip and SCANDAL 'news'.... no one, but a few know for sure what really happened .... not to mention, the lives of SO famous people, and of people becoming SO famous SO young are NOTHING like the lives of you and me... or pretty much anyone that is reading this have.... so anything else aside- the guy is a fucking GENIUS ...
and i have to say i am glad i didnt go to work today, as it is right next to the Staples Center.... looking fwd to a normal commute tomorrow
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:42   #38
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
I'll miss him loads. He was the icon of my generation. And probably the best artist who ever did anything. The first - and probably last - star with such a unilateral global appeal. The ceramony was so touching. :-/
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 08-07-2009, 14:28   #39
no....

i watched the ceremony while I was at work and it was hard for me to get a little choked up watching it. Didn't cry or anything but i definitely felt it in my gut. It's such a shame and to hear from the people who knew him and loved him you got such a better sense of who he was and how overblown so much of that stuff was. RIP, Michael. You can not be replaced.
Old 08-07-2009, 23:07   #40
Участник

I really don't see what's the bug fuss about ?
Let me put it in a mush simpler way people,When we cone into this world We Eat, We Shit,We Fuck ,We Kill Offtop:
(Some of us)
,We Die & Those who tend to do drugs they to skip to the last part mush faster than others
So yup he's dead, My condolences to his fans and family
~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Smiles
ReplyPost New Thread