Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

The Princess and the Pauper (Fanfic)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-07-2004, 19:56   #821
you'll need love

thank you

Now where is the next update? hope it'll arrive before saturday.. otherwise I will have some reading to return to after vacation..
*thinks about which option would be better*
Wait: update before saturday AND an update when I return
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 27-07-2004, 20:18   #822
what can I say...

I will definately try to update before Saturday teeny, just for you! I will probably start work on the next update tonight and aim to have it up on Thursday. Bye for now x
Old 27-07-2004, 20:29   #823
you'll need love

thank you, vicky no pressure though, cos wouldn't have you stressing out because I have difficulties with waiting for a while
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 28-07-2004, 01:56   #824
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

Take it easy Vick We'll send the update via sms to teeny (technology benefits)
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Есть надежда даже в безнадежных случаях

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 28-07-2004, 09:12   #825
you'll need love

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaTu^HeRo
We'll send the update via sms to teeny (technology benefits)
LOL.. well my cell phone is getting repaired at the moment and my sim card doesn't work the minute I leave Denmark but thank you for the offer though
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 28-07-2004, 14:02   #826
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

:: sniff sniff :: Nooooo!! I was gonna try sending an international sms to the denmark for the first time !! Ah... tough luck
~~~~~~~~~~~
Все мы живем в наших собственных кругах и иллюзиях, и сомневается, что мы несем вокруг, только проявляют обман, что мы идем..

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 28-07-2004, 14:19   #827
you'll need love

well, you can send it to Denmark no problem. Trouble is that I'll be in Romania instead Feel free to PM me if you wanna give it a try..
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 28-07-2004, 14:25   #828
we shout

Hi again Vicky,

How are you? Hope everything is well with your life there. well .. I'm writing just to let you know I read the chapter. ..ur . few days ago ... this a very sad one .. so I couldn't write post right away ... it made me want to cry .. you always know how to find the right words at the right time .. this line ..
Quote:
“Lena might have HIV...” Yulia paused as the pain got too much for her. “I can’t live without her… I don’t have the heart for it… she’s my heart, without her, I’m nothing.” she sobbed. ..
this really sad... to imagine Yulia lying there with pain and feeling hopeless .. and her hair like that ... and she was telling this to a doctor .. I mean to someone stranger ... like she doesn't know where else to turn to .. she asking for help.. I even could imagine the pain she has that time .. its just hard to think what's going to be next ... how much more could she take..

thanks for update.

- denial
Old 29-07-2004, 20:30   #829
what can I say...

Here's the update as promised. Have a nice holiday teeny! Lots of love Vicky xxx

P.S. Nice to see you back in the thread again denial

Chpater 46 cont

Doctor Sharapov cleared his throat alerting Lena and Regan to his presence. “Hmm, excuse me.”

The girls separated from their hug looking at the doctor solemnly, afraid of what he was about to tell them.

“Do you know what’s wrong with Yulia?” Lena asked tentatively as she felt Regan squeezing her hand in support.

Doctor Sharapov sat down on the sofa opposite to where Lena and Regan were huddled together and eyed Lena intently. “Yulia is clinically depressed, in this case she’s suffering from what is called major depression.”

“But her hair was falling out though…” Lena’s voice trailed off.

“That’s because of severe stress and the fact that she’s malnourished, she’s seriously underweight.”

“Is she going to be alright though doctor?” Regan said taking over from a stunned Lena.

“I believe she will in time but she’s going to need lots of care.”

Regan met his eyes painfully. “We’ll give her anything she needs.”

The doctor nodded and started to fill out his prescription pad. “First of all, I’m going to prescribe some anti-depressants but I’d also recommend counselling.”

“She’s been through such a lot.” Lena said nonsensically, ashamed she had not realised what had been so obvious. All the telltale signs had been there, but she, the physiologist, hadn’t seen them.

“How long will it be before she gets better?” Regan asked as Lena stared into space.

“It’s hard to say, it could be months or in the worst case scenario years.”

“Years?” Lena whispered. She could be dead by then.

The doctor didn’t reply carrying on with what he was saying. “I’m signing her off from work for a month, within that time the anti-depressants should start to take effect, however, there may be some side effects to start off with.”

Regan frowned unhappily. “Like what exactly?”

“Blurred vision, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, it can vary.” Doctor Sharapov reeled off. “If the mediation doesn’t appear to be working after four weeks if you contact the clinic we can arrange to come and see her.”

Doctor Sharapov snapped shut his briefcase and stood up signalling his intent to leave, to which Regan responded by getting up to show him out. “Thanks for coming doctor we really appreciate it don’t we Lena?”

“Yes thank you.” Lena said weakly not able to look him in the face.

“I’ll see you out.” Regan said leading the way to the front door.

Lena continued to sit looking at the fireplace unseeingly, what had Yulia done to deserve all this, so much mental torture, it was all her fault.

“Lena do you want me to go get this?” Regan pointed to the prescription.

“Please if you don’t mind.”

“’Course I don’t mind, are you going to be ok while I’m gone?” Regan asked softly.

Lena nodded her eyes filling up with tears.

“Hey.” Regan said gently. “At least we know what’s wrong with her, we can make her better, I know we can.”

“I’ve let her down so much.”

“No you haven’t.”

“I’m a fucking physiologist and I didn’t notice that she was hurting so badly.” Lena sobbed. “I hate everyone who has ever hurt her but I’ve hurt her more than anyone haven’t I? What does that make me?”

“Human.” Regan consoled her. “Sometimes we all miss what is going on under our noses but blaming yourself isn’t going to help Yulia is it?”

“No you’re right.” Lena agreed. “I have to look after my girl.”

“That’s the spirit.” Regan winked at her. “I won’t be long then do you need anything else?”

“No thanks that’s ok.”

“See you in a bit.”

When Regan left Lena composed herself and poked her head around the bedroom door, Yulia was fast asleep. She crept in the room quietly and lay beside her wrapping her arms around her waist from behind, wanting Yulia to wake up and know she was there, no matter what.
Old 29-07-2004, 20:44   #830
you'll need love

awww thank you, vicky
Well I know the chapter had quite some bad news in it.. and thanks to tatu^hero I'm not as fond of Regan anymore.. lol.. well a bit suspisious at least
But Lena wanting to be there for Yul waking up is the part I focused at mostly..
Quote:
know she was there, no matter what.
And with no matter in that sentance a song arrived in my head
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 29-07-2004, 21:16   #831
я хочу Лину столь плохо

Send a message via MSN to tatu_rocs
thats sad being depressed is a hard situtation yulia will get throught it with lena
Old 30-07-2004, 02:20   #832
we shout

Thanks for update Vicky.

Finally we know what's wrong with Yulia. I heard somewhere .. when hope dies.. the heart will die... and when the heart dies ... the body will die ...

I hope she will be fine soon.. Yulia needs to be strong for Lena .. no matter what... the girl is threaten by HIV ..
Old 06-08-2004, 21:48   #833
я хочу Лину столь плохо

come on we need an update im dieing here!!
Old 06-08-2004, 22:55   #834
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 15-08-2004, 03:56   #835
я хочу Лину столь плохо

omg come on im about to go here i neep a new chapter and soon please
Old 15-08-2004, 22:43   #836
what can I say...

Hi guys, I'm finally back.

This is probably the last chapter, although there may be one more update as I can't decide whether the next part will be the end of this story or the beginning of the sequel, which has just been chistened 'Godiva.'

It could be quite a while before I start to write that one because I want to write 'I'll never tell...' first, which I would imagine will be up and running in September as I'm going to work on the full outline this week.

Until then I'd like to thank you all for your support in helping me to write this 119,000 word story. It wouldn't have been possible for me to get this far without you guys, I would have been bored a lot earlier! So thank you, thank you, thank you, you're all the best!

Chapter 47 – The Result

It felt like the end of the world, the past six days going in slow motion as Lena fought to get to grips with Yulia’s illness and the impending result of her HIV test. Explaining to a stunned Georgi the extent of the complicated tangle of love and hurt she was caught up in hadn’t really helped matters, paining her to discuss the tattered mess that was her life.

Georgi had been heart broken to see what a wreck Yulia had become and then to be told she was his cousin’s lover, had at first been difficult for him to accept. He thought he had known Lena and had been extremely fond of Yulia as a friend, even harbouring a slight crush on her but they had been hiding the truth from him and it made him feel a fool. Why hadn’t they trusted him?

Upon hearing about Lena’s test, the urge to find Roman to seek retribution for what he had done dominated his muddled thoughts. Only when Lena had begged him to calm down did he notice the fragility and desperation in her eyes that made him stop. His anger wouldn’t help her to be strong it could only succeed in sending Lena over the edge that Yulia had already toppled over.

They kept a vigil day and night at Yulia’s bedside, forcing her no matter how unwilling to take her anti-depressants. She kicked and hit out at them, trying to spit the tablets out, choking on them as she swallowed hard, gulping for air, panicked by the evitable sickness that would take over her body; numbing her, preventing her from feeling anything at all.

As Yulia settled, Lena always left the bedroom in tears, guilt gripping her heart as she reasoned with herself that all she was doing was for the best, that it was the only way to make Yulia better. But then she would recall the fear in Yulia’s eyes as they approached with her medication, the way she recoiled from her touch. But it was for the best, wasn’t it?

Despite Lena’s protestations that she would be alright going to the hospital on her own, she was grateful Georgi was there to hold her hand as she now sat once more waiting to see Nurse Karpova.

“Lena Katina.” The familiar kindly nurse smiled at her indicating for her to follow her out of the waiting room.

Lena reluctantly left Georgi where he was sat, cursing the long walk that enviably seal her fate. Did she have any chance at all?

“Take a seat dear.” Nurse Karpova said as Lena stood woodenly in the doorway.

Lena forced her legs to move, plonking down hard on the chair biting her bottom lip nervously and picking the large scab on the back of her hand, getting little satisfaction from making it bleed.

“The test…” Nurse Karpova paused studying her report, “is negative.”

Lena didn’t react, her heart beating louder and louder as if someone was turning up the volume in her ears. Did it mean what she thought it did? “Negative? As in I don’t have it?”

“You don’t have it.” Nurse Karpova confirmed with a wide smile.

Lena jumped up and impulsively threw her arms around the nurse’s neck before pulling back in embarrassment when she realised what she had just done. “Oh, I’m so sorry, I just can’t believe it! Thank you, so so much.”

Ten minutes later, Lena to Georgi’s horror, returned to the waiting room with tears in her eyes. He pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly in his arms as he struggled to find the words to express his sadness at the injustice of the result. “I’m so sorry.” He finally managed to say as he manfully suppressed his emotions.

“You don’t understand Georgi, I’m going to be ok!” Lena said looking up at him, her eyes sparkling with happiness through her tears.

“Thank god for that! Oh, I’m so happy!” Georgi said scooping Lena up into a bear hug and swinging her around.

Arriving at home, Lena quickly shared the news with Regan before excusing herself to be with Yulia.

Due to the vast amount of medication she was required to take Yulia was often disorientated, barely able to recognise the people she loved, with little awareness of what day it was. The news of Lena’s result would therefore, be an unexpected surprise.

Lena crawled into bed next to Yulia kissing her softly on the lips to rouse her from sleep. “Yul, sweetie, wake up.” Lena encouraged as Yulia’s eyes struggled to open and focus on her girlfriend.

“Hey.” Lena whispered as Yulia’s eyes met her own and she stroked her sleep-flushed cheek. “I’ve got some good news sweetie, I don’t have HIV, everything’s going to be ok.” Lena said her eyes filling up slightly again with tears.

“You don’t?” Yulia asked her voice strangled by uncertainty.

“No, which means you’re stuck with me.” Lena smiled cupping Yulia’s face between her hands, kissing her full on the mouth and sucking hard on her lips.

The kiss sparked something inside of Yulia, her lips slowly curling up at the edges as the first hint of a smile warmed her features. The colour seemingly flooded back into her eyes, the vivid blue as intense as ever before but met with greater appreciation. There was life; Yulia was coming back to her.

“We’re going to be ok?” Yulia asked again concerned that this was just another cruel trick the anti-depressants were playing with her mind.

“No,” Lena said her eyes steeped with deep love and devotion, “we’re going to be better than ok, there’s nothing we can’t do if we’re together, nothing.”

They both believed the conviction in Lena’s voice, they couldn’t argue with the truth, it had no time for their fears and insecurities, only for their love and there was lots of that to come…

To be continued…

The Sequel to The Princess & The Pauper – ‘Godiva’

P.S - Out of curiosity what do you consider to have been the best and worst parts of p&p? It would be really useful for me to find out because I'm keen to improve my writing in 'I'll never tell...' and 'Godiva' so feel free to post here or send me a pm it would be gratefully appreciated xxx
Old 15-08-2004, 23:05   #837
you'll need love

*celebrates*
Wait a sec.. you got us all worried when things turned out ok in the end after all

Thank you for the fic, vicky Enjoyed it a lot.

As for good and bad parts I can't really put my finger to any episodes standing out to the extreme. I know it sounds cheeky to love each chapter, but still..
Really enjoyed the beginning though. Lena taking in Yulia and giving her presents. I loved that. And how Yulia got better and better durring the first year or so.
Biggest fears and worries started outside the fic, when Denial mentioned the possibility of one of the girls dying Then both of them getting worse.. so glad you didn't guess that part right, D
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 16-08-2004, 01:12   #838
The Silver Vulgar Hero ™

:: hip hip horraay, the hero celebrates with teeny and other forum members ::

I love happy endings

Ok worst part:
When i thought Yulia was dying.

Best Parts:
1) Yulia and Lena getting together (first-time after roman left)
2) Lena declaring their love to everyone.
3) The Happy Ending.

And a scene that touched my heart was that when Yulia went to the restuarant and saw Lena sitting with the guy, it was so :: sniff sniff :: touching...

You're talented Vick

Thanx...

Can't wait for Dodiva
~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Vulgar Hero
Old 16-08-2004, 12:43   #839
we shout

oh I am so glad!! this is a happy ending!! cheers everyone!!! .. no one will take Lena away from Yulia .. I knew it since from the beginning!! and I think $in wil cry again when she read this .. LoL ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny
when Denial mentioned the possibility of one of the girls dying Then both of them getting worse.. so glad you didn't guess that part right, D
well ... but Yulia is almost dying there!! .. like this this closed .. but she wouldn't die .. because she loves.. and she cares .. and those roller coster ride .. the accident ... and she so cute for coming back that way .. hehehe .. and I like this part .. I think she look so cute .. asking this questions ..

Quote:
“You don’t?”

“We’re going to be ok?”
awww.....

Thanks Vicky! Thanks for every single word in The Princess and The Pauper .. I love each of them so much .. for you

and I'll wait ....

Added:
And Vicky .. I forget to put this earlier .. but I really really love the ending .. it become like an answer to all these .. Love.. arrogance... Lies.. Insecurity... Isolation... Hate... Fear... Anger... infidelity... friendship.. Denial.. Pain... Rejection ....

Quote:
They both believed the conviction in Lena’s voice, they couldn’t argue with the truth, it had no time for their fears and insecurities, only for their love and there was lots of that to come…
awww... how did I become like this? LoL
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Last edited by denial; 17-08-2004 at 14:27.
Old 21-08-2004, 01:51   #840
Gimme some sugar!

me cry? nah....! *sniff* *cough* uhm, i never cry! *SNIFF-SNIFF*

well, this was a very special story. the best part was little cute yulia asking all those questions *melts* and thinking she's maybe hallucinating LOL poor-poor thing.

this was the most beautifull sentence in the whole fic:
Quote:
The kiss sparked something inside of Yulia, her lips slowly curling up at the edges as the first hint of a smile warmed her features. The colour seemingly flooded back into her eyes, the vivid blue as intense as ever before but met with greater appreciation. There was life; Yulia was coming back to her.
*opens a bottle of champaigne*
so cheers guys

oh i forgot the worst part. that would be every sentence where roman the stinker was mentioned!
i liked the love-making parts too. very much so! and when they got together, locked in that room. and yulia's boss came in and she was like: get out mofo, we're having a privat moment here!
ok one more. where yulia was shaving her head, that part was so i mean it was written excellent, it made me shiver... it was very powerfull

ok sooo... gimme the champaigne!

*smooches vicky in her forehead*

and this is for the little spoiled brat, called denial
i'll think of you while swimming in the bluest sea... and getting a tan.......... and watching all the beautifull girls...... ha!
ReplyPost New Thread