Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 25-07-2009, 14:35   #321
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
It becomes clear with each info Troy gives us.I hope they don't release all those demos one at a time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 26-07-2009, 19:10   #322
¡Viva La Lena!

5-6 tracks so I guess he`s counting the last time lena was in LA in april or may(dont remeber) in these one ,he said they recorded like 3 - 4 songs, so in all this period they did 2 new ones, interesting, I just wonder what kind of sound they are developing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous
Old 28-07-2009, 08:08   #323
saya cinta t.A.T.u

Send a message via Yahoo to ghixide_2136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Yes. And it's perfection. Absolutely amazing song.
i agree
~~~~~~~~~~~
NobOdy's peRfect in thiS WORD
Old 28-07-2009, 10:31   #324
Ne Ver Ne Boysia

I hope so badly that she does release something on the Australian market. I would love to see her on Channel V
~~~~~~~~~~~
Another tear fell from her eyes.
Her eyes.
Stained red from her weeping, they looked so intense, so electric, so sad, so beautiful.
They always looked sad, but there was something about them tonight.
He could stare into them all night.
Old 31-07-2009, 22:27   #325
¡Viva La Lena!

3 brazilian fans had an interview with Troy and talked about Lena`s solo project thanks to mah_insane

Quote:

This interview was made yesterday by a Brazilian t.A.T.u. Fansite Team. Troy answered some questions that our guys made at our Community! It was pretty good and fun.

The guys who are talking with Troy are Ivan (twitter.com/ivandepalma), Jade (twitter.com/zhademcgill), Dunniasha (twitter.com/Dunni_) and me (twitter.com/marylazarini) Smile

Hope you like it!

Mary Lazarini : First at all, thank you so much, Troy.
Troy MacCubbin : No problems.
Mary Lazarini : We're from a Brazilian community named t.A.T.u. Brazil, and from troymaccubbinBR too.
Troy MacCubbin : You guys ROCK!! I love Brazil!!!
Mary Lazarini : And we love you too!
Ivan : Let's start?
Troy MacCubbin : Lets do it, I hope I can answer them well.
Ivan : So, there are three different parts. The first one is about Troy, the second one is about t.A.T.u., and the third about Lena's new project, OK?
Troy MacCubbin : Cool.

Ivan : So... Let's start! When and how did you start playing the electric guitar?
Troy MacCubbin : My dad played guitar and I just grew up around music all the time. I started with my dad teaching around the age of 10, then started lessons at around 17.
Mary Lazarini : You're a very good player!
Troy MacCubbin : Oh thank you.

Jade : Do you play any other instruments?
Troy MacCubbin : I play a little Piano, good enough to write and play a song, and bass guitar. A little didderidoo. Dam I can't spell that.
Ivan : We all can't.

('Didgeridoo' is a wind instrument developed by indigenous Australians.)

Mary Lazarini : What's the most popular kind of music in Australia?
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm all types really. A lot of rock, pub rock but all types.

Dunniasha : So... Next one is : Tell us about your experience playing with very famous singers, such as Kelly Clarkson and Enrique Iglesias.
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm Kelly I was with only for some rehearsals. But she seemed really cool. Enrique I spent a week with in Miami then I went to t.A.T.u.. Didn't really get to know Enrique. I had lots of fun but... It was my first big gig I scored and I was staying in this awesome hotel on the beach in Miami. I was in Heaven. Really fun guys in the band.
Ivan : Seems to be really cool being a musician
Troy MacCubbin : Its has its moments. Sometimes are the best on the world and other time you want to do something else because your making no money, and your depressed because you feel like you're not good enough or you suck. Then you have a great show and you feel awesome again. It's a drug!

Ivan : What's your favorite band or singer?
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm I love so much different music its hard to say one favorite. Love U2, love Muse. Love a lot of different music.

Jade : Ok, next one then. What's your solo career favorite song? And why?
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm I'm still writing it. I wrote some ideas today that I really loved.
Ivan : Can you tell us a little about them?
Troy MacCubbin : Everytime I come up with a new idea I love it. So it changes. This idea I have had for a few years, but I just played it today and it started to really come together. I also wrote an idea for the Lena project which they didn't use and I got a great song out of that. So you never know when you write something how it's going to come out or where it's going to end up. I just started getting out and playing some acoustic shows here in LA so I can work up my songs and get back into my solo stuff.

Mary Lazarini : How did you first met Sven?
Troy MacCubbin : We met in our band Life Death & Giants many years ago. He was here visiting from Germany and answered an ad we had in the paper looking for a keyboard player. He's my German brother. It's like we come from the same family.

Dunniasha : Are we gonna have some news about Core 202 anytime soon?
Troy MacCubbin : Yes Sven and I have been working on it. We are waiting for a remix to be finished to release our video and the ballad version of No Enemy. I can't wait to to get the songs out to you guys. Also we are changing the name to Martin & MacCubbin. Core 202 wasn't working for us so we are just going with Martin & MacCubbin. Ooops I'm not sure Sven wanted me to leak that!

Ivan : Could you explain us the name 'Core 202'? Does it have any special meaning?
Troy MacCubbin : Yes, it does now that we are ditching the name. It's where Sven, Domen and I use to live in Studio City. Our apartment was number 202 and we were the core of the group. Our old band.
Ivan : I think we're the first fans to understand the name... It's so cool.

Jade : Troy, do you know any Brazilian song, or some band maybe?
Troy MacCubbin : You know what I am sad to say, I don't, but when we were in São Paulo I seen some and I just loved the vibe, the energy. I really love Brazil I can't wait to come back. Well now it looks liek it will be Martin & MacCubbin.
Troy MacCubbin : I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!! Just a fantastic country, you guys have so much energy and passion. Love Latin America. The only one thing I hated I wasn't there long enough!!! I want to come back.

Mary Lazarini : So Troy, there is a VERY VERY good question: All of us want to know: How did you felt kissing the OLDEST Lady from Brazilian TV? Do you remember, Hebe?
Dunniasha : Hahaha... Ow man.
Mary Lazarini : Poor him!
Troy MacCubbin : Well I really wanted to stick the tongue in and give her a really passionate kiss.
Troy MacCubbin : No it was fun, she seems really cool and fun.
Mary Lazarini : Whoa! Troy is in love with Hebe, guys.
Troy MacCubbin : Oh shut up!!!
Troy MacCubbin : Next question?
Dunniasha : She is really a cute old lady... Who like to kiss young mans a LOT.
Troy MacCubbin : Coool next time I will kiss her again and again!
Mary Lazarini : There's a hot and brave man!
Dunniasha : Yeah, we will give her the message.

(Hebe is a 80 years old lady from Brazilian TV who Troy 'kissed' when t.A.T.u. came here. It was pretty funny. If you guys want to see her face, just google 'Hebe Camargo'.)

Dunniasha : Next one. How do you see yourself ten years from now? Working with Lena and the guys? Solo career? Tell us.
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm well I think all of us guys will always be friends and continue to work together. I hope so. I really would love to combine the two. When Lena wants to take a break I'll do my solo music and when shes ready to rock I'll be there. All of us are pretty tight now. Great bunch of people! Domen & Sven are like family as I've known them for over 10 years. Well us guys are really happy to be working all together.

Mary Lazarini : Does Lena still in LA now Troy? Or she went back to Russia?
Troy MacCubbin : Lena is here, I was just at the studio today with her. They are all there right now and I'm here at my studio recording some guitar parts for a song. I'm going to have to get back to it soon.

Jade : How did you first met Lena and Yulia?
Troy MacCubbin : We first met at the end of 2002 when Interscope introduced us. It was me and Sven then Roman.

Mary Lazarini : So Troy, how was your first impression when you played with t.A.T.u. for the first time in Russia?
Troy MacCubbin : It was crazy, really interesting to go to Russia for the first time. Lots of things to see and go investigate, lots of fun... Bloody cold.
Mary Lazarini : t.A.T.u. Fans in Russia are so crazy! Almost more than we are!
Troy MacCubbin : No, I would say you guys are more crazy!! In a great way.
Ivan : Thank you!
Mary Lazarini : Thanks I guess!
Dunniasha : Glad to know we are crazy in a good way!
Troy MacCubbin : When we played that one show in São Paulo it was really awesome. I wanted to keep playing. Didn't want to stop. you guys were the best! I want to tour Brazil big time.
Jade : Own, thanks Troy, it means a lot to us!
Mary Lazarini : You must come and play like 100 shows!

Ivan : So, what's your favorite t.A.T.u. song?
Troy MacCubbin : Well I really liked the first album. Loved playing How soon is now and Comos live. My favorite with anything always changes... Sometimes a fast song sometimes a slow song, depends on my mood.

Jade : Troy, which one was the best show ever with the girls?
Troy MacCubbin : Wow good question. We have had some great shows. Mmm trying to think of one that comes to mind. Well the one in Brazil was great, we had some great shows in Russia. They all start to become a blur.
Mary Lazarini : St Petersburg maybe? That one was epic!
Troy MacCubbin : Yeah that was pretty over whelming. We hadn't even done a big show like that and we turn up and theres all these camera there. I'm like: Oh shit, I really have no idea what I'm doing just yet.

Dunniasha : Now...Tell us about the funniest moment you've had with Yulia and Lena...could you remember ?
Troy MacCubbin : As I knew the songs but I didn't know what pedals I was going to hit, I didn't have my amps, I had to use these really shitty amps, that was a tough kid and very wow... I nearly blew my head off with all those explosions going off. If you watch the video I didn't have a guitar tech, so when I broke a string i had to change it myself. Crazy.
You can see me in one song changing it on the side of the stage. F#*cking funny. It was great fun but so much pressure to because we didn't have a chance to work out the show at all. It was like 1 2 3 and go!!!

Mary Lazarini : All right Troy, don't kill me after this, but... What do you think about this 'time off' in t.A.T.u. Band?
Troy MacCubbin : Well hard to say. I think every project now and then needs to take a step back and work out what they really want. Its really up to Julia and Lena. Us guys are here in LA working on different things and different projects. So I don't really know. I'm kinda excited to get this project out there with Lena.

Ivan : Do you have any hopes about recording some new t.A.T.u. album, someday?
Troy MacCubbin : I haven't really thought about it because we have been concentrating on this new project. I think when its time for that I would be very excited to record more for t.A.T.u..

Jade : This new project has got a name as a band or it's gonna be called Lena Katina? And the CD, any ideas about a name?
Troy MacCubbin : No official name just yet. We have been throwing around some ideas but nothing set in stone. It's been really great because it's a band project with Lena out front, so everyone is doing there thing on it. I think Lena is excited to show us what she can do and we are all excited to try some new music together.
Mary Lazarini : It's gonna be amazing.
Troy MacCubbin : I really hope you guys like it!

Mary Lazarini : When will you guys let us listen some of the new songs? We can't wait!
Troy MacCubbin : Well I'm working on that guys right now. I am talking to all the guys in the band about us releasing something for you guys as a sneak peak. I came up with an idea today on my guitar that I thought might be a great song idea for me and Lena to sing together.
Jade : That would be great!
Troy MacCubbin : Maybe we'll just play it for you guys on video and put it on youtube, so we'll see.
Ivan : It sounds great!
Troy MacCubbin : Yeah it should be fun.
Ivan : Better if it's in the album!
Troy MacCubbin : Well if it turns out really great we'll have to wait until the album is released. But we'll give you guys something.

Ivan : Recently, what's the musical influences in the project?
Troy MacCubbin : Now thats a great question. We are all coming from such different musical backgrounds. Mmm... It's a mess of everything we love. Some fun stuff, some serious stuff. It's a bit of everything. Nothing like t.A.T.u., and thats not a bad thing. It's still going to have that Lena sound, which we all love.
Mary Lazarini : For me it sounds really great. I mean, to see you guys playing something different, you know?
Troy MacCubbin : Yeah I agree. It will be really nice and fun. We'll have a ballad and some rock stuff and dance stuff.

Jade : So who's working in the lyrics? And the musics?
Troy MacCubbin : It's all over the place right now. We are going to write as many tunes as we can and see which ones sound the best. Well, we are all working in all areas. Everyone is contributing. Lots of suggestions and ideas floating around. Steve has been working on a lot lyric ideas and he would bring them into the studio and we would go through them as a band. We say like that line, don't like that, love that , lets try this etc... I mean everyone has been giving something to the project. I came up with some chorus ideas, then Sven would add something, then Domen, and Lena, and Boris. Everyone is getting in there to help make this a great band project.

Ivan : Is Lena working on lyrics too?
Troy MacCubbin : Yes Lena is working with all of us ion everything. Lena will say I love that, or do that again, or why not try this. We are bouncing ideas around until we come up with something we all like. For example... I showed the guys this chord progression I have had for years that I really like. It was originally one of my songs but I do it in 6/8. Domen & Sven loved it. Then Domen said why not change this part. Then Sven added some ideas. Then Lena came up with this cool chorus melody, the song just kept growing.
Mary Lazarini : Got it, sounds really great!
Troy MacCubbin : It's sounding really nice, I think one of the best we have so far then Steve wrote some lyrics out... All of a sudden we had this really cool song, so it's really cool to be involved with something where everyone is adding their touch. This will be very much a group effort. All us guys are working well together. Steve, Domen, Sven Boris, Lena and me.

Mary Lazarini : Troy, we're almost finishing here, just a couple of questions now.
Troy MacCubbin : Ok.
Dunniasha : Next one... Any plans about a new tour for the new project? Would Brazil be on it, hopefully?
Troy MacCubbin : Well first we have to finish writing these songs, then we are going to pick out the ones that really stand out. Then we'll talk some people and then we'll record it properly, then we'll start thinking about a tour. I'm pushing for it big time guys, especially Brazil. See just by you guys doing this interview and showing your support thats going to show the record labels, hey we need to get the band down to Brazil because there are so many fans. So keep up the support it will make the tour happen.
Ivan : Oh, thank you Troy.

Mary Lazarini : The last one: What's the main difference between Lena's songs and t.A.T.u.'s songs?
Troy MacCubbin : Mmm. Well its Lena singing on her own... Talking to Sven hang on
Mary Lazarini : Ok.
Troy MacCubbin : Lena says hello!
Mary Lazarini : Say hello to her!
Dunniasha : Say hello to her too!

Mary Lazarini : Well, finishing. We're doing a fansite for ya, named troymaccubbinBR and we want you to tell us if you do this troymaccubbinBR your official Brazilian fansite. Do we have your agreement?
Troy MacCubbin : Guys I really have to say no. Sorry.
Troy MacCubbin : Joking.
Jade : Oh Gosh... You almost killed us here, Troy!
Troy MacCubbin : Of course I would be so proud and happy that guys support me this much.
Dunniasha : Gosh I had a heart attack!
Mary Lazarini : I'm dead, kisses.
Troy MacCubbin : Sorry I'm a meany! I love what you guys are doing. It's really awesome that we have this connection. You guys ROCK!! Well I love you guys and all the support you give. Fantastic! If we could get more of you guys set up in different countries that would be fantastic. Maybe you guys can start spreading the world to the other fans around the world. The more we do together the bigger this will become.

Ivan : Thank you very much for this Troy. For all this.
Mary Lazarini : Yep, thanks.
Dunniasha : Yeah, thank you for the amazing opportunity !
Jade : Yeah, thanks for all! You're awesome, dude; talking to you and getting this interview was just great! Thank you, very very much.
Troy MacCubbin : Guys anytime. I'm working hard on trying to do more for the fans. Get you guys more involved and be apart of our projects. Guys rock on and lets do this again in the future! Really great talking to you. Ok I better get back to this song and record some Guitars. You guys are awesome!
Ivan : Good luck Troy
Mary Lazarini : Good luck! And thanks, again!
Troy MacCubbin : Thank you for everything and all your support! Bye guys!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous
Old 01-08-2009, 00:14   #326
Участник

Yeah that was great

Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 01:21   #327
Postmodern

Thanks for the update, FiorE. . So, it's a band...
Old 01-08-2009, 12:12   #328
Hatırla Sevgili

And Boris is a member! I loved the interview,no need to follow Troy's twitter anymore
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 01-08-2009, 23:27   #329
Участник

^ I disagree... We should all follow it, because it's a sign we're interested in this project and it'd help them see we still care, so we're gonna get more chances of getting a tour!

We gotta show'em our love!
Old 06-08-2009, 00:58   #330
reconciled

Yulia was at Sven's studio today to say hi as Troy said. A pic of her and Lena:

http://twitpic.com/cwwbd
Old 06-08-2009, 03:33   #331
Postmodern

How weird to see Yulia and Lena together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
to say hi
Old 06-08-2009, 03:43   #332
Участник

" lips were blew off also it again with short hair which black-red color" Maybe...So happy to see Yulia!Tks!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:15   #333
Участник

Awww... That was refreshing
Old 06-08-2009, 12:28   #334
Hatırla Sevgili

Lena has gained some more weight
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 06-08-2009, 12:30   #335
Hatırla Sevgili

http://www.facebook.com/troymaccubbi...4069849&ref=mf

Another photo!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 07-08-2009, 23:43   #336
¡Viva La Lena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
She hasn't! She has always been the chubby-baby! <3 And we love her 'cause of that...

Anyway, cute pics, memories...
so true! also is the position she`s sitting makes her look bigger than Yulia, Troy just did a bad angle hehe! whatever, chubby lena or fit Lena will always be Lena the one we love.

thanks a lot crazy Malchick for the report and clarification about galoyan- lena - and Yulia but which members gave you that info?
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
Old 08-08-2009, 00:58   #337
¡Viva La Lena!

Offtop:
I`m glad that it`s over by now, and also that you are posting what is the reality base on galoyan`s own words, hopefully this gossip will cease or wont increase, who knows, thanks Stefan, can I call you Stefan right?
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
Old 08-08-2009, 08:02   #338
Can You See Them Now?

Bahaha. You know a group is truly dead when the only bad press comes directly from their official message board. Garbage.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:42   #339

If it's true, Galoyan is GREAT!
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28   #340
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
You know a group is truly dead when the only bad press comes directly from their official message board.
I hate to admit, but so true!
ReplyPost New Thread