Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Silent Hill 2 (Movie) 2010

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 25-08-2008, 17:01   #1
Участник

Silent Hill 2 (Movie) 2010

Awesome News Guys About the next movie of Silent Hill

Warning! This synopsis contains spoilers
It is said that the sequel to Silent Hill 2 will be based around the plot of Silent Hill 2 the game. It's been three years since Rose Da Silva [Radha Mitchell] and daughter Sharon Da Silva [Jodelle Ferland] have been missing, after many numerous investigations, Christopher [Sean Bean] has finally set out to once again, look for his daughter and wife, this time without the help of Detective Thomas Gucci [Kim Coats]. Soon Chris finds himself stuck in the nightmarish world of Silent Hill, along the way he meets new and interesting characters, one being Jacob Burn [Taraye Casdorph] a young teen, and Laura a young girl who had arrived in the town with Jacob. Both claim to have no recollection of how they really came to this hell. There is also a rumor that Maria will be adapted into the game. Konami has refused to verify the plot of Silent Hill 2 considering it's slow development. However it was said that some elements from the second game will be adapted into the live action sequel.

When was 'Silent Hill 2' announced? What do we know so far?
On December 24, 2006, in an interview in dvdrama.com, Silent Hill Writer/Director Christophe Gans announced that Sony has officially ordered another installment of Silent Hill. Gans also stated that he'd like to come back to the franchise, if his current commitment to Onimusha doesn't bar him from participating. In the event that Gans isn't available to direct the film personally, he recommended that it be helmed by another European Director, preferably a fellow Frenchman. Gans also confirmed that Roger Avary will be back to write the script. An English language translation of Gans' interview can be found on Gamespot.

In 2007, the sequel has hit a major production snag, Gans has stated that he cannot be a part of the Silent Hill 2 project due to his involvement with Onimusha and Roger Avary stated in an interview basically that no Gans = no Avary involvement with the movie project. So the movie is currently moving forward without a writer or a director.

The project may have hit even more major production snags as a result of the WGA strike and a pending strike in 2008 of the DGA and the SAG.

Will this be an adaptation of the game 'Silent Hill 2'?
Though both Gans and Avary said it was their intention to adapt Silent Hill 2 prior to the release of the first film, at the present time, this hasn't been confirmed. Since the announcement of Gans and Avary not being involved with this project, the above information can be considered speculation.

Is Neil Gaiman involved with writing the sequel?
No. Neil Gaiman announced on his blog that this was simply an internet rumor. The rumor stems from a mistranslation on a Silent Hill Fan Site, in which Gans actually said Roger Avary would be returning to write the script for Silent Hill 2 when he was finished with "his project with his friend Neil Gaiman". Gans was refering to Beowulf.

Any news on returning cast members?

While Radha Mitchell joked in a previous interview that she'd like to come back as a creature, at the present time, there is no news about any returning cast members.

Sourse:http://www.imdb.com

Last edited by Slayer; 25-08-2008 at 17:37.
Old 15-09-2008, 17:38   #2
Son. Husband. Witch!

I actually didn't mind the first movie.. i wasn't a major fan of the games though.. so fingers crossed it'll be good!
Old 19-09-2008, 17:11   #3
Aku cinta Yulia

Send a message via MSN to Ruivelle Send a message via Yahoo to Ruivelle
Wow, this could be interesting!

I'm a big fan of Silent Hill series and I love the first movie, although the plot indeed surprised me a bit, hehehe

But I somehow doubt they could link the story to the story of Silent Hill 2, but if the main char would be Christopher looking for his wife, there will a slight resemblance with the game ...

Well, we'll see, I have my finger crossed for this movie too
~~~~~~~~~~~
Maria | Proud Member of t.A.T.u.ism
Old 02-10-2008, 16:39   #4
Обезьянки / Null & Void

Thnks, It's a pity we'll wait so long until we see it...., if it's actually done in a future....
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22   #5
Участник

I like the first movie, but this ones sounds horrible.
I don't want them to mess up the special story of James and Mary.
~~~~~~~~~~~
A man will beg
A man will crawl
On the sheer face of love
Like a fly on a wall
It's no secret at all
ReplyPost New Thread