Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Computer help thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 20:12   #601
Wish I was special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
I think mine is 12ms. I got a Neovo 17" F417.
I've been waiting for the color reproduction and latency to approach CRT's. I'm on my general internet/AIM/music computer right now and I have a 15" crt hooked up to it. The monitor is 11 years old this month! It even runs 1280 by 1024 . I'm waiting for it to explodeeee
~~~~~~~~~~~
Changed in compliance with a moderators wishes.
Old 04-04-2006, 20:14   #602
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by exileut
...I have a 15" crt hooked up to it. The monitor is 11 years old this month! It even runs 1280 by 1024 . I'm waiting for it to explodeeee
Blimey You're gonna end up setting your house on fire or something doing that! LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 04-04-2006, 20:17   #603
Wish I was special

Quote:
Blimey You're gonna end up setting your house on fire or something doing that! LOL
I wish it would. Not set my house on fire. But explode so I can get a nice lcd.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-04-2006, 23:33   #604
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
zelda05, thank you for the tips but it did not work! I have no way of checking a different screen at the moment (I will do that when my brother is out, borrow his screen), but I'm pretty sure that it is in fact just my screen. The problem started of small (only flickering every now and then), now it's all the time. I even tried changing from 75 Hz to 60 Hz like someone else suggested on another forum, but I'm guessing it doesn't even have anything to do with it? I think it might be my video card, I have an ATI card (Radeon 9600) I don't know anything about computers.

*Kills self*

Edit: Okay now I got the chance to try a different screen, and the other screen works perfectly! I don't understand why mine is weird, it's pretty new (I got it from Christmas).
Throw the screen away and get a new one...or alternatively, wait till it becomes completely useless. Once a CRT starts giving you problems like this, it's a matter of time till it dies completely.
Old 05-04-2006, 00:07   #605
pie crust

That's a great point you've got there spyretto, except it happens to be an LCD monitor.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 05-04-2006, 10:41   #606
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
That's a great point you've got there spyretto, except it happens to be an LCD monitor.
Oh, sorry...in that case:
Throw the screen away and get a new one...or alternatively, wait till it becomes completely useless. Once an LCD starts giving you problems like this, it's a matter of time till it dies completely.
Old 05-04-2006, 15:48   #607
iMod

[deleted, it's causing unnecessary debate]
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 05-04-2006 at 22:27.
Old 05-04-2006, 15:56   #608
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
But why would anyone wanna run Windows if they can use the Mac OS?! I know it's pretty cool coz it'll mean you'll be able to use software that you couldn't use before, but people buy Macs KNOWING they won't be able to use some stuff...I dunno...just seems a little weird to me...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 05-04-2006, 21:29   #609
Wish I was special

Quote:
Originally Posted by haku

- Professionals who work daily in a multi-OS environment (developers, programmers, IT technicians, lab workers, etc…), a potentially very profitable market for Apple since those people buy very expensive high-end computers.

- "Switchers", people who are tempted to buy a Mac because of its design and its stable secure OS, but still want to be able to run Windows because they have the software and are used to it.

I would call apple computers expensive and possibly high end workstations. In 5 years macs are going to catch up in performance but still just be prettier and more expensive.

You dont buy a mac for performance. You buy it because its fun to look at. Thats how they have always marketed their products. It's like bose speakers. I bet this sounds exactly the same as these. Right. Marketing.

Look at iPods. There are many competing products with the same feature set at a lower price point. But everyone buys iPods because of the enormous amounts apple has spent on advertising. They already got rid of their IBM cpu's which i guess were good at something but no one ever figured out what it was. Again with a price differential of 50% for equal performance.

So they switch to a normal intel pc cpu. Now they claim 4x faster performance on their website with the new intel cpu! A Dual Core 1.5Ghz cpu is 4x faster than the previous one! And now windows on macs? You buy a mac because of its uniqueness. They are making it into a pc to try to get a broader customer base. This isnt a niche market anymore. They are trying to compete with the big guys.

And Haku's comment about the stability and security of mac osx.
Let me know when Apple gets more than 2.5% market share. And then we will talk about security.
/end psuedo rant
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by exileut; 05-04-2006 at 21:40.
Old 05-04-2006, 21:51   #610
Ice_Cream

Have to say I agree about ipods. No one buys them coz they are actually better than any other music player, people buy them because of the advertising and because it's "cool" to have one. They are *totally* over priced in my opinion. I got a Thomson Lyra 20GB Jukebox mp3 player for £89.99 a year ago (about $150) and that is *perfect*.

I'm not gonna be just one of the sheep and buy something because it's "cool".
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-04-2006, 00:20   #611
Wish I was special

Quote:
Have to say I agree about ipods. No one buys them coz they are actually better than any other music player, people buy them because of the advertising and because it's "cool" to have one. They are *totally* over priced in my opinion. I got a Thomson Lyra 20GB Jukebox mp3 player for £89.99 a year ago (about $150) and that is *perfect*.

I'm not gonna be just one of the sheep and buy something because it's "cool".
we seem to agree on most everything
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-04-2006, 14:53   #612
pie crust

Plus the regular iPods are freaking huge!! I have a (crappy) mp3-player and it's like half the size of an iPod. The only bad thing is that it has very little space, but you can buy regular mp3-players with more space, of course.

Also the fact that you can't change the iPod batteries yourself (did they change this yet?). So I'm supposed to pay extra and get it to a store so that they can switch my batteries for me? That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard of.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-04-2006, 15:21   #613
Ice_Cream

My mp3 player you can't change the battery of, you just have to charge it by the mains power, but the battery lasts for ages so I don't mind Cheaper that way
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-04-2006, 15:23   #614

i wanna buy iPod too, but i don't know which. good choice?
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 06-04-2006, 15:24   #615
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie
i wanna buy iPod too
Don't be one of the sheep!

Ipod shuffle = poo. You only get a few songs on there.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-04-2006, 15:26   #616

Quote:
Don't be one of the sheep!
Ipod shuffle = poo. You only get a few songs on there.
hmm... but i must to buy any mp3player or iPod, cause my actually it's so old and has only 256 mb
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-04-2006, 15:27   #617
Ice_Cream

Get a regular mp3 player, you'll get much more for your money!

</ipod dissing>
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-04-2006, 15:34   #618

Quote:
Get a regular mp3 player, you'll get much more for your money!
</ipod dissing>
why are you so "iPod hater"? /i forgot to past this/

for my is neutral, mp3player or iPod. iPod's are so expensive
can you suggest any good mp3player?
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by robbie; 06-04-2006 at 15:45.
Old 06-04-2006, 15:43   #619
Ice_Cream

LOL @ the message you deleted! Your answer = because of the promotion and how they are supposed to be "cool".

I'm about to go out (woooo for job hunting ) but as soon as I'm back I'll give you some links
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 06-04-2006, 15:47   #620
pie crust

Quote:
My mp3 player you can't change the battery of, you just have to charge it by the mains power
Yeah, but you don't need to send it off to a store, right?

Is the Nano any good?

Quote:
Budget MP3 player.
The Zen Nano beats the iPod Shuffle in this price class and sounds great, say experts. It comes in eight different colors (including pink and orange) and doesn't skimp on features, with an FM tuner, LCD display, voice recorder and line-in recording -- all features missing on the competing iPod shuffle. It runs 19 hours on a single AAA battery. Experts say the Zen Nano Plus is the best inexpensive lightweight flash player -- it weighs just 1.3 ounces. Its 512MB memory holds about 60 songs.
(taken from a different site)

I'd so get a pink one.

Edit: Ooops I didn't realise the one I linked to is the nano plus. I'm not sure if there are any differences besides more space.
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread