Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Social commentary: queer social events, bars, clubs, etc.

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:52   #1
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Social commentary: queer social events, bars, clubs, etc.

before i start rambling about what the scene is like in the city, the bottom line is that lesbians are clicky, exclusive, and well, highschool.
that was true at university of michigan. that was true in columbus. that is true in the city. the CITY. sigh. one of the hottest nights at a popular bar hosts a good dj and friendly bartenders. many, many girls show up. many of them are decent to attractive. but they come in with their group of friends and they don't talk to anyone else. they sit there in their groups all night and talk, to each other. not many people talk to others outside of their groups. it's more of a people watching event than a meatmarket, because there's not alot, or hardly any, number swapping and "hello, how are you"s.

what the hell.

girls are nonaggressive in general when it comes to meeting new people so how is any of this going to evolve.

however, it is understandable that for such a fledgling culture, it has only reached an early stage in development, which is the teenage, highschool stage. that is, the girl-girl culture is only developing and has not reached the full on meat market age. it's not as social as straight bars or clubs. girls who go to lesbian bars who are queer feel just comfortable enough to go with a few likeminded friends and have a night out. there isn't quite the comfort level yet to hit on whoever they see fit. there is a minority that do but they are just that: a minority. this observation, coupled with how nonaggressive girls are in general (something like..it's in their nature) makes the evening, well, odd at best. certainly not easy.

that is a bit of my commentary for now..

thoughts? rants? confessions of difficulties? general anxiety with the way things are? feel free to spill.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 09-01-2006, 12:13   #2
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
I think one of the problems are there because many straight girls go to gay clubs & bars. I know someone who hit on another girl in a gay club only to get punched in the face by the girl and then had her shouting "you get your filthy hands off of me, I don't to women!" at her.

I think there's often a little apprehension to talk to new people, people stick in their own groups. I know my friend does now after that little incident.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

PuddleQueen | Rachel | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ rm6405@hotmail.com ]

My music playlist on Last.fm
Old 09-01-2006, 12:42   #3
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zelda05 Send a message via Yahoo to zelda05
Straight girls in gay clubs and bars?
What the hell are they doing there?..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Zelda [ yvfootie7@hotmail.com ]
Old 09-01-2006, 12:48   #4
Ice_Cream

Send a message via ICQ to Rachel Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel Send a message via Skype™ to Rachel
I think some go there with their gay male friends, and others do it to get away from annoying straight guys for a night, only get get offended if a girl is attracted to them
~~~~~~~~~~~
Tatutaty: "Horny Rachel is her name. Masturbating is her game. Fucking, sucking, licking too. Wouldn't you like some Rachel screw? *batteries not included*"

Old 09-01-2006, 12:58   #5
Участник

No offence to straight girls. But what a bunch of idiots!.
They should somewhat expect it! If they are easily offended then they should not be there in the first place.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-01-2006, 13:02   #6
Участник

Last edited by taty994945; 05-08-2006 at 10:43.
Old 09-01-2006, 13:03   #7
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by taty994945
I've never met a homosexual person in my life
Yes you have, whether you know it or not.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-01-2006, 13:09   #8
Участник

Last edited by taty994945; 05-08-2006 at 10:39.
Old 09-01-2006, 13:17   #9
winter days ...

i think people tend to be quite cliquey in general. most like to stick to their own because its familiar and comfortable.

in cape town, i have noticed that _people_ very much like to stick to their own. sometimes thats a gender thing, sometimes its an orientation thing, sometimes its a culture/community thing. most times though, because we have racial lines so firmly entrenched into our psyche, its a race thing. [and i hate the race card so much. living in london i didnt even think of race at all in the time i was living there. people are just people to me.]

however lets get back to the gay community.

on the whole [in my experience -- big disclaimer], i have found that lesbians tend to hate men. hate is a strong word. we can substitute it for various other choice words/phrases like "dislike, abhor, feel disdain towards, detest etc etc" okay pedantic moment over. i get this strong feeling that a lot of women end up being lesbians due to their dislike of men rather than their love of women. ive certainly seen that happen in cases where women have been in abusive situations with men and decide to turn to women as the softer more protective option. the reality is of course that men and women can both be equally abusive but the logic makes perfect sense to the victim of abuse.

ive often had arguments with other lesbians about my

1. friendships with men
2. relationships with bi women.

on point one, they regard men as the oppressive enemy and im a traitor by having male friends. i view this as complete rubbish. not every man is abusive.

on point two im still a traitor and stupid to boot since bi women will cheat on me with another man. err and a gay woman wouldnt possibly cheat on me with another woman ? right.

ive also noticed a trend within the little pockets of lesbian groups where they will all sleep with each other at some point or another.

will write more later. am babysitting a hyperactive little 14 month old niece. who wants to post to tatysite too [shes trying to grab the keyboard while im holding her and typing ]
Old 09-01-2006, 13:36   #10
Ice_Cream

Have to say I don't really agree with much of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh
i get this strong feeling that a lot of women end up being lesbians due to their dislike of men rather than their love of women.
If that is the case you can't call them lesbians. If a woman dislikes a man it doesn't suddenly make her wanna suck a girl's nipples. Yeah, I know it isn't all about sex, but it plays a big part.

Quote:
ive certainly seen that happen in cases where women have been in abusive situations with men and decide to turn to women as the softer more protective option.
If that is indeed true that is crap for the real lesbian community as those kind of women will break other women's hearts.

Quote:
on point one, they regard men as the oppressive enemy and im a traitor by having male friends. i view this as complete rubbish. not every man is abusive.
Personally I have trouble getting on with straight men. I love gay men, but me and straight men just can't be friends Too many bad experiences.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 09-01-2006, 13:53   #11
Участник

Quote:
i get this strong feeling that a lot of women end up being lesbians due to their dislike of men rather than their love of women.
Then those women are being something they are not. I highly doubt that few bad experiences with men will compel a woman to become a lesbian. And start licking pussies. (sorry, but I had to say it).
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-01-2006, 14:19   #12
winter days ...

thats cool, no one has to agree with everyone after all. as i said in the beginning, i was speaking from my own experiences [people watching, talking to other girls/women and just life in general]. speaking for me : ive always been gay and havent ever felt any attraction towards men. i get along better with men in general both gay and straight.

also i think its important to realise that sometimes women end up with other women not necessarily due to an overwhelming attraction, but due to sometimes the first person who comes along and loves you, happens to be another woman. i actually know a couple who ended up this way.

zelda you would be surprised for the reasons anyone would start batting for the other team. after all, there is such a huge surge in the amount of girls and boys who are suddenly "bi curious" just because its trendy. [just to give one example of course. we can debate till the cows come home whether or not this qualifies as them being real gays or not but honestly at the end of it all who really cares about the definitions. i believe you love who you love. or youre attracted to someone not just cause of their sexual-physical attributes. just because ive never been attracted to a man doesnt mean one day i wont be. i really just dont know. all i know is for now, ive only ever fallen in love with women]

look, these are my observations, not hard and fast rules. there are as many shades of grey for any statement any of us makes, or any opinions we hold on the world as there are people out there
Old 09-01-2006, 19:27   #13
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
i have noticed that quite a few women turn away from women to men because of whatever happened that was psychologically damaging, whether it's rape or what. that is what makes sexual orientation a tricky topic. when women turn to women out of default, are they still gay? if homosexuality isn't a choice then doesn't this crumble that argument? i'm not sure where i stand on the matter but it is quite tragic and unnatural if a woman turns to another woman just because she doesn't have luck with men or doesn't like men anymore after some experience.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 09-01-2006, 23:55   #14
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
i dont believe in turning to men or women, ppl r just sexual. all those categories, who needs them. why limit urself to one sex, when u want someone, sex dont matter, u never know who u gonna fall for next.
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 10-01-2006, 00:00   #15
Ice_Cream

I'm not a believer in all that
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 10-01-2006, 02:05   #16
kis$ it

it's not a belief. i've known quite a few girls who've been raped and became averse to men. period. and they turned to women. simple as that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 10-01-2006, 02:13   #17
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
it's not a belief. i've known quite a few girls who've been raped and became averse to men. period. and they turned to women. simple as that.
I dated a girl who was raped as a child and the thought of being with a guy made her sick. However, I guess she got over her fear of men because she's been with the same guy for over a year now.

My point is you never know what is truly in another person's heart. Human Sexuality is a complicated thing. Look at me... I'm going from lesbian to completely asexual... you never know, so why does it matter?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 10-01-2006, 02:40   #18
kis$ it

i am just saying, it exists. people were saying it doesn't. it does. very much so. that is all.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

Old 10-01-2006, 17:52   #19
Ice_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khartoun2004
I'm going from lesbian to completely asexual... you never know, so why does it matter?
Well seeing as you posted this 4 days ago, I don't think you're anywhere near asexual, love
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 10-01-2006, 18:15   #20
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel
I don't think you're anywhere near asexual, love
Rach, i sense a deja vu. let's hope there won't be another argument a la mossopp.
ReplyPost New Thread