Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Who's a fan of Xena or X-Files?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 30-06-2003, 21:43   #21
Full Circle

1) Who's your fave? Xena or Gabrielle ?
The Battling Bard of Potedia
2) Lovers or just good friends ?
Oh come on ... there was just TOO much sub-text in season 6 ... Er "Hi Gabrielle, but I used to have a girlfriend called Akimi, I chopped her head off !!" PRICELESS
3) Favourite season ?
Season 3, 6, 4, 2, 1 then the dreary 5th
4) Favourite episode?
Too many !!!! Errm ... I would have to say "One against an Army", just let our two girls deliver a classic episode, no one else butting in, plus loved THAT Xena stick doll ! Quality !
5) Favourite character other than Xena and Gabrielle?
Auto Baby + Calisto (Evil)
6) The ending - inspired or horrible?
It was a sell out ...I hated it ... Still do
7) If there's indeed a movie - how should they bring Xena back?
Not too fussed as long as it is WITHOUT the power of ELI ... well maybe if it via the good Calisto, but not him please!
Extra Question. Do you read the fanfiction ?
Sure have, there are many creative people out there.. Like Linda Crist, Melissa Goode, CN Winters etc..

Can I add one !

Favourite scene ?
For me has got to be Season 6 "The Dance" in "The Heart of Darkness" :: frell me silly :: but how hot are they both without being HOT .. That is Lesbian Chic !!
Old 30-06-2003, 21:49   #22
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
I idly watched it when I was younger, but I always was and always will be a Buffy girl.
Though, I WAS quite relieved as I got older that I wasn't just seeing things in the whole X/G relationship. That I wasn't insane as a lil young'in.

I remember Ares always cracked me up and was just badass to my 12 year old mind. Plus I had found him oddly hot being all...."Ror, I'm a god! Ror!"
Calisto was always neck and neck with Ares of favorite characters though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 01-07-2003, 01:02   #23
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally posted by Ripptyd
I idly watched it when I was younger, but I always was and always will be a Buffy girl.
Same here, I was a Buffy fangirl... till Faith came along.
Now I wish Faith has her own tv series.

Anyhoo, I used to watch the X-Files up until the movie came out.

As for Xena, it jumped the shark aroung around the time when that other sidekick got introduced. Was it her daughter or something?
Old 01-07-2003, 03:07   #24
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl

As for Xena, it jumped the shark aroung around the time when that other sidekick got introduced. Was it her daughter or something?
Eve was Xena's daughter. Personally, I think the show started to go down hill in Season 4, and ESPECIALLY when Xena got pregnant. Now for all you Gabby people, what Gabby do you like better? Staff Gabby, Peace Gabby, or Sias Gabby? Me, I like it better when Gabrielle carried her staff and followed Xena around like a lil puppy dog...ahh the hero worship days. LOL And as far as Eli..well this is what I think of him: I started to watch Xena because I LOVE Greek mythology and when Eli came along, I was like "Plleeaaasssee don't take the show down the Christianity road!!" Don't get me wrong, have nothing against Christians, but I wanted to see GREEK mythology on the show!
Old 01-07-2003, 05:59   #25
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
Sais Gabby!! the peaceful gaby was sooo stupid...and the naive (1st season) gabby sucked sooo much...the staff was cool but I like the sais better!

Another question...Who was your most hated character? mine was Peaceful Eve (too damn stupid) and Akemi (lil bitch...)
Old 01-07-2003, 07:35   #26
Yulia&Lena!!

Scully the best!!

Good morning!! (i said good morning because in italy are the 8.30 am!) :-)
I'm a fan of X-Files, i look this telefilm from the first episode, 9 years ago!
I think that is very cool, because is psychological and very hard to understand..
I believe in the aliens and this telefilm is the only that speak of the soprannatural experience!
Very cool!
Byeeeeeeee ILA
Old 01-07-2003, 08:31   #27
Участник

Alright, here I go:

Gabrielle!! Which Gabrielle, you ask? The Amazon Queen, the Warrior Bard - 6th season Gabrielle is definitely my favourite.

Lovers. Maybe even as early as "The Quest (2nd season), definitely after "Adventures in the Sin Trade" (4th season). In my opinion.

By the way, here's what Lucy herself said after the show was over:
Quote:
When asked during a recent exclusive telephone interview from her home in New Zealand how she would characterize the relationship between Xena and Gabrielle, Lawless is quick and simple in her reply to Lesbian News. "Gay, Gay," she says, "Definitely." [...] "Now it wasn't just that Xena was bisexual and kinda like her gal pal and they kind of fooled around sometimes, it was "Nope, they're married, man."
http://lucylawless.info/articles/lesnews03/index.html
3) Favourite season?
6 and 2. Least favourite: 5.

4) Favourite episode?
A Day In The Life, When Fates Collide, The Ring Trilogy, Between The Lines, One Against An Army, Legacy.... soooo many great episodes...

I always liked the Amazons, especially Ephiny and Varia.

It was horrible. The episodes are powerful, I admit that, and Gabrielle was simply amazing, but the idea to end it this way was horrible.

I always thought Gabrielle would bring her back somehow.

8) Do you read the fanfiction ?
I love Xena fan fiction, especially Missy Good's stories.

9) Favourite scene ?
Soo many favourite scenes. One Against An Army: "Even in death, Gabrielle, I will never leave you." When Fates Collide: When they see each other on the balcony at night and just - stare. The Quest: Their first kiss. The bathtub scene from "A Day In The Life"... And I always loved to watch Xena fighting.

10) Who was your most hated character?
Joxer (dopey). And Caesar (pompous ass).

xena225
Old 01-07-2003, 10:19   #28
Участник

What's your favourite Xena or Gabrielle picture?

I thought it might be fun to see your favourite pictures of Xena and Gab. Here are mine (from the website of the incomparable MaryD):

Xena in When Fates Collide

Gabrielle in Sixth Season

Xena and Gabrielle

Looking at all these pics just now, made me realize that I really miss them.

xena225
Old 01-07-2003, 21:01   #29
Full Circle

Sais Gabby!!!!
Although, staff Gabby in the now infamous Green Sports Bra was kinda stimulating !!
And that Amazon garb was rather tasty at times !!

Most hated and still to this day Eli (Yuuuuccckkkk!!) what a wus.

As for favourite photos ...

http://www.xenamultimedia.com/photos...on-X&G-115.jpg

BUT- Out of character !
http://www.xenamultimedia.com/photos...on-X&G-112.jpg

AND - If you are easily put off ... don't look ..!
http://www.xenamultimedia.com/photos...on-X&G-075.jpg

:: Sigh NOW I really miss this show .... sniff ::

Last edited by Ghalib; 01-07-2003 at 22:03.
Old 02-07-2003, 00:06   #30
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
definitly a xena and gab fan....
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 02-07-2003, 02:33   #31
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Most Hated Character:
ELI!!!!! You don't know how much I wanted Xena to kick his little peace loving ass. Second, peaceful Eve...ugh, couldn't stand her. Anyone else devestated when Callisto turned good? I thought she was the best villian!

Favorite scene:
Hmmm this one's hard. One that sticks out in my mind is in "Old Ares Had a Farm" (I think), Gabrielle and Ares are bickering when Ares says "Don't we agree on anything?!" Then Gabrielle looks up and they show Xena and Ares goes "Oh, Right." LOL

One thing about the movie though, if they do it, is no matter who they have as Ares, it'll never be the same without Kevin Smith. I still can't believe he died. Such a wonderful actor and singer too.

Now that we are talking about the show and seeing pictures, I realize just how much I miss it. Anyone else sign the online petition for Season 7? LOL
Old 02-07-2003, 04:00   #32

I liked Joxer! he was an ass but he can sing! remember "Dancing in the moonlight" (Lyre Lyre hearts on fire) he was the most stupid thing ever but sometimes he was funny....Eli...well he was the worse thing that happened in the series!

Favorite scenes.....mmm ALL THE "I LOVE YOU'S" ? :GIGI: I agree with Xena225 with the favorite scenes....oh the xenaverse...I miss it...

Makes me remember my old Xena Website http://xenaland0.tripod.com
Old 02-07-2003, 05:36   #33
Участник

hmm.. not Xena fan, but no hater either. Just wanted to mention that the other day I saw a commercial for Xena and they used ATTSS for their promo song.... def. turned the volume all the way up, lol.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:48   #34
Участник

I LOVE Xena! It's only my favourite show EVER!

As for The X-Files, I love that show too. I can't wait till I'm a millionaire so I can buy all the dvd's.

Gabrielle, Gabrielle, Gabrielle. Just in case you didn't get it, Gabrielle! *lol*

Could they have been more obvious if they tried? Only if they had an arrow pointed at them saying "Of course they're doing it! D'uh!"

3) Favourite season?
Quote:
6 and 2. Least favourite: 5.
Wow, we could be twins! Very little seperates seasons 6, 2, 3, and 4 for me. Seaons one is good with some amazing episodes, whereas season five was pretty much...argh.

4) Favourite episode?
Quote:
A Day In The Life, When Fates Collide, The Ring Trilogy, Between The Lines, One Against An Army, Legacy.... soooo many great episodes...
Agreed! I'll add Endgame to that. Love that episode, basically any episode that Steven L Sears wrote. The Price is fantastic too!

"You don't know how much I love...that." *sighs happily*

Callisto, Aphrodite, Ares, Lao Ma, Autolycus, Joxer, Salmoneus...I've probably left a lot of them out.

Quote:
It was horrible. The episodes are powerful, I admit that, and Gabrielle was simply amazing, but the idea to end it this way was horrible.
Yep. Personally, I think Gabrielle was the best thing about it. The episode had some unforgettable scenes, but gee, it hurt. Definitely heart-wrenching.

Gabrielle with the eternal soulmate kiss of life!

8) Do you read the fanfiction ?
Quote:
I love Xena fan fiction, especially Missy Good's stories.
I second that...again. How cool are Dar and Kerry? I've been reading Xena fan fic since '97 and I still can't get enough!

9) Favourite scene ?
Any and every lovey dovey scene with Xena and Gabrielle. One of my favourites is THAT poem scene in Many Happy Returns.

10) Who was your most hated character?

Probably Eve. She sucked. And if I heard "In the name of Eli, I demand that demon to be cast out..." one more time... *lol*

Rhapsody

*loving the pics!*
Old 02-07-2003, 11:47   #35
Участник

Hey,

Xena fans all around !! *doing the happy dance* I'm even inclined to give a little "A-la-la-la-la" Xena yell, but I think I'll go easy on your ears - for now.

Quote:
Originally posted by rhapsody_au
Agreed! I'll add Endgame to that. Love that episode, basically any episode that Steven L Sears wrote. The Price is fantastic too!
Steven Sears wrote the best episodes, and he was a great producer, too. It showed immediately when he left. Good thing they got their act together again in season 6.

Quote:
"You don't know how much I love...that." *sighs happily*
A classic. Ah, those were the subtext days, huh?

Quote:
I second that...again. How cool are Dar and Kerry? I've been reading Xena fan fic since '97 and I still can't get enough!
Dar and Kerry are awesome. I also like Missy's original Xena/Gab stories. It's like a whole new Xenaverse rooted in the original series. Does anyone read the Virtual Subtext Season by any chance?

Quote:
Favourite scene ?
Any and every lovey dovey scene with Xena and Gabrielle. One of my favourites is THAT poem scene in Many Happy Returns.
Yes, indeed - another classic moment! Xena giving Gabrielle a Sappho poem for her birthday. Here's a pic from that scene:
Many Happy Returns

Quote:
Probably Eve. She sucked.
She wasn't so bad in my opinion. Though the transition from evil Livia to good Eve was a bit rushed in my opinion. Still: Joxer was much more annoying. karxwp, yes, I loved "Dancing in the Moonlight", but technically that wasn't Joxer, but his gay brother Jace.

dare2dream28, you're right. It won't be the same without Kevin Smith. But maybe they will manage to honour him in some way in the movie, that would be a nice thing to do, wouldn't it?

Ghalib, thanks for the pics. That third one, yikes. "Beauty and the Beast", huh?

Here are some more pictures:

Between the Lines
A Friend In Need
Xena and her Chakram

Battle On!

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 02-07-2003 at 11:55.
Old 02-07-2003, 20:24   #36

yeah I know it was Jace but Ted Raimi is simply great

Joxer wasn't that bad...he sucked but he had this good heart...Eve...cute eve and cute callisto sucked big time...
Old 02-07-2003, 21:58   #37
Full Circle

Ahh this thread has really put me back into Xena Mode.

Just read the season finale for XWP Subtext Vitual Season 8.

http://www.xenamultimedia.com/xwpsub...s8_epguide.htm

karxwp Agree as much as Joxer was annoying at time Ted Rami was good to watch.

xena225 Love all of the Mendhi pictures, but THAT one is a cracker !!

Question ... Which was the most irritating arch i.e. India, China, Britannia etc ?

I was not too keen on the China ones that featured LAO MA's (hot stuff) daughters ... I liked Ming Tein, he was an evil bas*ard ...
Old 02-07-2003, 22:20   #38
Full Circle

Quote:
Originally posted by karxwp
Makes me remember my old Xena Website http://xenaland0.tripod.com
Just signed your guest book !!

Good site, such a shame that the show ended the way that it did.

However, your bumper / stickers make up for the betrayal by Tappert ...

NICE ONE
Old 05-07-2003, 05:59   #39

Ghalib thanks! long time my guestbook hasn't been signed liked the site? the bumper stickers were an idea from the old nutforum they made the phrases and I did the graphics...they were done when I sucked at doing graphics stuff, well I still suck but my wallpapers are crazy but people seem to like them
Old 06-07-2003, 19:01   #40
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghalib
Agree as much as Joxer was annoying at time Ted Rami was good to watch.
Well, I never liked Joxer. I'm not much for that type of humour, and especially during the 5th season he got on my nerves A LOT. I also always gnashed my teeth when he made passes at Gabrielle. Grrrrr. I liked Autolycus much better as comic relief.

Quote:
Question ... Which was the most irritating arch i.e. India, China, Britannia etc ?
Britannia was awful. Everything about it was awful, I won't even start to specify what I didn't like. And may I just say: "Hope" - yikes.

The Chin arc - painful as it was to watch at times - was pretty good, though. The Debt 1 & 2 were great episodes, and Jacqueline Kim as Lao Ma was fantastic!

Well, because it's so much fun, here are two more of my favourite pics:

Who's Gurkhan?

Return of the Valkyrie

Battle On!

xena225
ReplyPost New Thread