Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Death and Birth of Group "Tatu" // Interesting insight: How Tatu will exist w/o J & L

Old 09-03-2004, 00:04   #21
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena410
I thought about this mess and honestly I start thinking that there's no tatu without ivan nor without lena and yulia.
Yes.

Old 09-03-2004, 03:52   #22

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
Quote:
Originally posted by cirrus
I think the article is right, Ivan is Tatu. He has so much input and so many ideas.
I don't know if Ivan is Tatu or not. I've only known Tatu for half as long as some of you guys (since June 03), and I don't live in Russia (far from it! ). So I really don't know a whole lot about him.

But I do know that Tatu is Lena and Yulia. Tatu with anyone else is not Tatu. It's just any old pop band. Giving some other faces the name "t.A.T.u." is just a BS facade. I don't care if they are really lesbians and are the hottest girls on Earth. I don't care! If they are going to use the same name with different girls, they can stuff it, cause I'm not buying it. I'd give money to Y&L's solo career 10 times over before I gave money to some copycat Tatu. Give it some new name, and I'd give it a look - but otherwise, look for donations elsewhere. I mean think about it in other terms: would the same situation work anywhere else? What if Amy Lee got tired of singing (I dread the day!), and they found some other chick to sing, and still called it "Evanescence"? That's not Evanescence. It's just any old band. You can't get rid of the core personality of the band and act like it's the same. Can you even imagine that?! I don't think so. So why should it be any different here? Sure you can get rid of instrumental players in the background, but you can't get rid of the part of the band that everyone sees and carry on like nothing happened. Calling anyone other than Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova "t.A.T.u." is a flat-out lie, and anyone who tries to do so (Shapovalov) should be looked at as someone who's lost their marbles.

P.S. - I wouldn't cross-post anything without permission and/or credit.
Quote:
Originally posted by forre
Thanks, Kate.

Ivan said himself that t.A.T.u. are Yulia and Lena. He's not going to make another t.A.T.u. No worries.
*pumps fist in the air*

So....he hasn't lost ALL his marbles!
Quote:
Originally posted by TLFdk
If so then skip the part completely, please. We know your view in the matter, and there is no point to pointing it out again and again.

Thank you for the translation though. I might read it one day even.
Lets not be mean, now!

Kate: I sincerely apologize for anything I might have said in the past that was, shall we say, antagonistic. You're constant (unappreciated by some?) translations are worth their weight in gold. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't get most of the Tatunews I do get.
Quote:
Originally posted by staringelf
But if they keep singing together, and THE SAME STYLE of music they did before, I don't see why not having success - even if under a different name.
I dont think that needs capitals. I wouldn't mind some experimenting with, some hard rock, lets say. Like HSIN, but a step or two further. They can have variety. I don't know why you see keeping the same track as being so important. What really matters is that they keep togther, even with a different name.

Last edited by ypsidan04; 09-03-2004 at 04:15.

Old 10-03-2004, 01:42   #23
Участник

Hi

I don't think that tatu necessarily needs Lena and Yulia. I think it is all about the music. If Ivan finds some talented girls who are able to be tatu, then I think it could still exist. They probably won't be as big as the original tatu and the mystery is gone (which is a huge component!!) but it might work. It won't be as successful but it is sure to sell a lot of records if the material is good!!!

Anyway, Yulia is really annoying!!! She's totally unprofessional. I could understand her not wanting to go all the way to Singapore but to not show up for the music video shoot when there are a whole bunch of people counting on her! That's pathetic. On a film or music video set, time is money!!!! Even though she's a star, that is totally disrespectful. Maybe she has her reasons for wanting to screw Ivan over that we don't know about but if he isn't being an asshole and it wasn't because of him that she didn't show up, than that is totally unprofessional and she deserves to be fired.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:10   #24
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
Re: Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
I don't think that tatu necessarily needs Lena and Yulia. I think it is all about the music. If Ivan finds some talented girls who are able to be tatu, then I think it could still exist. They probably won't be as big as the original tatu and the mystery is gone (which is a huge component!!) but it might work. It won't be as successful but it is sure to sell a lot of records if the material is good!!!

Anyway, Yulia is really annoying!!! She's totally unprofessional. I could understand her not wanting to go all the way to Singapore but to not show up for the music video shoot when there are a whole bunch of people counting on her! That's pathetic. On a film or music video set, time is money!!!! Even though she's a star, that is totally disrespectful. Maybe she has her reasons for wanting to screw Ivan over that we don't know about but if he isn't being an asshole and it wasn't because of him that she didn't show up, than that is totally unprofessional and she deserves to be fired.

is this really your opinion? that tatu could still exist without the girls? it's not just about the music anymore, is it? it's about the girls' personas and what they have contributed to the image of the group. t.A.T.u. without them would just be a name. switching singers but keeping the name is too black and white this late in the game. it's not easy to just focus on the music and ignore the singers NOT being yulia and lena. Not to mention, their voices wouldn't be there. and neither would they.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]

Old 10-03-2004, 06:36   #25
Участник

Re: Re: Hi

Hi, from a business stand point it could work. They might even attract new fans but the music has to be stellar!! I'd miss Yulia and Lena but to be honest, right now I'm kinda sick of them! They always looks so bored. It would be nice to see a new tatu, to bring the energy back. If they had not done the reality show or the documentary, I would probably not have this opinion. I would think that tatu is Lena and Yulia but now that I've seen a bit of their real lives, I'm kinda bored with them. I liked the mystery. I don't know if a new tatu could work but it would be really interesting to see!
I've never heard of any manager recasting a group! That's hilarious!!! I'd really like to see it.

BTW, you probably connect more and emphasize more with Lena and Yulia. At this point, I don't really care about them. They seem a little bit boring to me. I cared about them more before but I don't really now. I still luv the music of tatu! but Lena and Yulia acted like total divas in both the documentary and the reality tv show. They were almost completely lifeless! I've only seen a few clips but if the other clips are anything like the ones that I saw, I don't really feel sorry for them. I can't feel sorry for someone that bores me to death, unless I know them or something tragic happens to them. And as a listener of music, I want something energetic, fresh, emotional and lively.

I used to listen to songs by tatu like 'Klowny' and feel emotion but now when I listen to a song like that, I don't feel as much emotion because I imagine the Yulia (the diva from the documentaries) and Lena (the boring girl from the documentaries) singing it.

Ivan seems more fun which is why I'm stil interested in the project of tatu. The documentary and the reality show was a completely bad move!!! The reality show was promising but when neither Yulia or Lena were present in Podnesbaya (can't spell) for that long, it really started to piss me off!!!!

Can't Yulia or Lena ever smile or ever have fun? They seem like they have no fun!!!! which is why I'm thinking that maybe a new tatu will have more fun. I don't like to watch two girls who are bored out of their minds all the time. I want to watch two girls who are having fun!! and who want to work and want to have a career!

But I don't really blame the girls. It's not their fault. It's the ill-conceived ideas of Ivan which have made me think this way.

But Yulia and Lena can still sing in an another project so it's not so sad. They can call themselves taty and the new group can call themselves tatu. Now, that wold be confusing!!!!

Last edited by dollparts3000; 10-03-2004 at 06:53.

Old 10-03-2004, 13:06   #26
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
I've never heard of any manager recasting a group! That's hilarious!!! I'd really like to see it.
It's already been done, at least in Europe, like with the band 2unlimited:

2unlimited at their beginings...
...and 7 years later.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 10-03-2004, 14:01   #27
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
It's already been done, at least in Europe, like with the band 2unlimited:

2unlimited at their beginings...
...and 7 years later.

Well it rarely happens but it does. It happened with the 70s fad disco outfit Boney M, with the 80s sham Milli Vanilli and the 90s techno duo E-rotic.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:37   #28
Участник

wow

that's so interesting! I've never heard of that!