Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Article: t.A.T.u. without Taboo

Old 26-02-2004, 04:39   #1
Участник

Article: t.A.T.u. without Taboo

This article was posted on Tatu.us. The translation is by elf. He "prettied up" the article, as he always does. But I can't be bothered to edit it. I've got Uni to worry about. So, here it is.

Click here for Cover
Click here for Text and Pictures

t.A.T.u. without Taboo

[Yulia Saying] We'll show you love!

STS is starting a new reality show "Tatu in Podnebesnaya" in the middle of January. Yulia and Lena will be recording the second album live. MOLOT (HAMMER) has visited Tatu girls in their future apartment and asked them your questions.

Yulia and Lena: Sex on live TV.

Q. What's easier: to make love in public or to make art in public? (Hungry, Cherepovec)
Yulia: It depends. For us, everything is easy. We don't have any inhibitions about anything.
Lena: When we were offered to take part in the reality show, we agreed right away. Cameras don't bother us. We'll be doing everything that we do in day-to-day life.

Q. I heard that the script for "Podnebesnaya" was written by the person who writes scripts for TV show "Windows". Is it true? (Fonny, Moscow)
Yulia: Nonsense. There is no script, just like there are no taboos of rules that we have to follow. If we want to, we can invite our friends and have a party with all its consequences. By the way, we have already invited a lot of people: musicians, politicians and just drunkards. (Laughing). If we want to, we won't do anything at all. The only condition is that we should finish the new album by mid March.

Q. Do you have any life principles? (Tatoomaker, Yelec)
Yulia: No, we live without principles. We just enjoy our lives, that's it.
Lena: Maybe only one. It's called "show me love".

Q. You have traveled through half of the world. Which place did you like the most? (Nicolas III, St. Petersburg)
Lena: Russia. In the west, people are very inhibited. It's hard to "unwind" them.
Yulia: There, people come to concerts to estimate the quality of the show, lighting, scene, etc. The people just stand there and stare at us without any emotions. But in Russia people come to concerts to hang out / "fly away" (slang - elf)

Q. In what ways have your lives changed since you became celebrities? (Superstar, Moscow)
Lena: Honestly? It didn't. We stayed the way we were and that is the most important thing.
Yulia: I have become slightly presumptuous. Sometimes I don't even notice Lenka. (Talking to Lena) Hey, who are you? (Both laughing).

Q. Do you act the same way in life as you do on TV? (Palmochka, Voronezh)
Yulia: Yes. We are always the same: at home, on the stage, and when we are together. I often read in newpapers that Vanya (Ivan Shapovalov, t.A.T.u.'s producer) makes us kiss on the stage, sing about lesbian love, and then we cry quietly in the dressing room, cursing our fate. It's bull sh*t. We are the way you see us.

Q Could you argue with Shapovalov or are you totally dependent on his opinion? (Producer, Moscow)
Lena: Yes we could. But what's gonna happen next... (Laughing)
Yulia: Yea, it's better not to argue with him. He is very big. But, seriously, he listens to us and loves us very much. We won't sing what we don't like. We have the same right to voice our opinions as all the other authors, sound editors and friends. We always make team decisions. However, Vanya has the last word.

Q. In my school two 10 year old girls, your fans, kiss each other during the breaks. Are you ashamed of the fact that you pervert underage children with your music and your behavior?
Lena: Oy, it's a pity I didn't see it... (Laughing) You know, everyone has their own head [to make decisions]. We are not invading other people's lives. We just sing songs about love. Everything else doesn't....
Yulia: They wanted to - they did it. Good girls! I think that you should do what you want in life, not what you are being told. Besides, we really don't force anyone to make love. It's about freedom of choice.

Tatu girls say that four songs have already been done for their album. The recording of the rest of the songs will be shown live on the show. Furthermore, anyone can become the author of the new songs. For this you should send your lyrics to 123001, Moscow, "Podnebesnaya". Yulia and Lena diligently read all the letters (Molotok can confirm it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My opinion -->

Last edited by Kate; 26-02-2004 at 04:44.

Old 26-02-2004, 04:54   #2
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Lena: Russia. In the west, people are very inhibited. It's hard to "unwind" them.
Yulia: There, people come to concerts to estimate the quality of the show, lighting, scene, etc. The people just stand there and stare at us without any emotions. But in Russia people come to concerts to hang out / "fly away"
Well, they mostly did northern european countries and Japan. If they had concerts in southern europe and latin america, I think they would change their mind.

Old 26-02-2004, 04:54   #3
The Bunny Prince

Send a message via AIM to nasnedagoniat
Whatever. No script. Ha! Lies.

Although, IMO, all is fair in Love and Entertainment.

Last edited by nasnedagoniat; 26-02-2004 at 12:39.

Old 26-02-2004, 09:35   #4
Участник

A simple "Thank You for translating" would have sufficed.
Sometimes less is definitely more.

xena225 (who sometimes suspects that modesty and friendliness are a dying art in some places)

Old 26-02-2004, 11:26   #5
iMod

Thanks katbeidar for posting, thanks elf for translating.

They were clearly on automatic Tatu mode for this interview, the usual uninteresting vague answers filled with lies. Boring.

Quote:
If we want to, we won't do anything at all.
At least she was not lying there, they did nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 26-02-2004, 12:53   #6
Administrator

Thanks katbeidar.

Old 26-02-2004, 17:36   #7
Bitchka

Re: Article: t.A.T.u. without Taboo

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... to Katbeidar, to elf, and of course to Xena225 for wanting the thank you

ha ha ha .. so this is that interview?
I love it! My fav t.A.T.u. interview haha
Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
STS is starting a new reality show "Tatu in Podnebesnaya" in the middle of January. Yulia and Lena will be recording the second album live. MOLOT (HAMMER) has visited Tatu girls in their future apartment and asked them your questions.
ah ha, they are starting a show? this is already outdated, since the show is already ending lol ....
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 26-02-2004, 21:25   #8
Участник

So glad you all appreciate the effort of bringing this post-Anatomy interview to the English-speaking fans. Such charming notes, I'm thrilled. Thank you all! *bows*

xena225

Old 26-02-2004, 21:34   #9
Участник

xena225, it's hard to understand when you are being serious or sarcastic.

Old 26-02-2004, 21:35   #10
Участник

Re: Re: Article: t.A.T.u. without Taboo

Quote:
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
ah ha, they are starting a show? this is already outdated, since the show is already ending lol ....
Oh yes, I just noticed katbeidar failed to copy and paste the entire post from tatu.us (probably just an accidental oversight). So, to stop the confusion - although I do find all your "Lol's" strangely endearing, coolasfcuk - here's what was posted as an introductory note on the original tatu.us thread:

Quote:
Originally posted on tatu.us

There is a fairly new interview with Lena and Yulia in Molotok Magazine #2 (2004) that was published shortly before the Reality Show started.

Here are scans of the cover and the one page interview:
Click here for Cover
Click here for Text and Pictures

elf was kind enough to provide a translation (and the webspace for the scans)! Thank youuu!

NOTE: If someone wants to copy this to another forum/website, please leave the translation unchanged.

Here is elf's translation:

t.A.T.u. without Taboo (see above)
There you go, coolasfcuk. Happy to clear up the confusion.

xena225

Old 26-02-2004, 21:41   #11
Administrator

xena225, You have any problems? Can to you it is necessary to go from here on tatu.us? I can help.

Old 26-02-2004, 21:51   #12
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by Igor
xena225, You have any problems? Can to you it is necessary to go from here on tatu.us? I can help.
What makes you think I have problems, Igor? Let me assure you I don't have any problems, so I'm afraid I must decline your generous offer. Thank you for asking though! Very much appreciated!

xena225

Old 26-02-2004, 21:54   #13
Участник

Thanks to elf for the translations & katbeidar for posting it here!

Old 27-02-2004, 17:53   #14
Участник

Thank you xena225 for the scans, and elf for the translation!

Old 27-02-2004, 20:52   #15

Send a message via AIM to ypsidan04
@ 10 year old girls:

That's one of the many things I like about Y&L - the fact that they tell people to live their lives like no one is watching. Good for them!

Old 27-02-2004, 21:07   #16
I don't waste my time

OT: regarding the translations - why do we have to say "thanks" to someone who's not even from this forum? Does that make sense to you? Not to me.

I thank you, katbeidar, for posting this.

Old 28-02-2004, 06:13   #17
Участник

Thanks for the translation elf.

Old 28-02-2004, 11:46   #18
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
Thanks to everyone for the effort they put into translating, and posting! I think now I am more interested in a post-reality show interview rather than a post anatomy.

Old 28-02-2004, 12:15   #19
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by staringelf
OT: regarding the translations - why do we have to say "thanks" to someone who's not even from this forum? Does that make sense to you? Not to me.
Yeah, quite some sense. He translated it after all. Who cares from which forum he comes from? We're not a spiritual society here. I don't get this logic. Only tatysite members deserve a thank you?! .... sooo... thank you Elf.

I was just wondering about this:

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
Q. In my school two 10 year old girls, your fans, kiss each other during the breaks. Are you ashamed of the fact that you pervert underage children with your music and your behavior?
Why is it perverted? Cause they were 10 year old girls or cause they were GIRLS?
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 28-02-2004, 12:37   #20
iMod

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
Only tatysite members deserve a thank you?!
I agree that anyone should be thanked for the work they do, wherever they are from.

Quote:
Why is it perverted? Cause they were 10 year old girls or cause they were GIRLS?
I don't know, though 10 is probably a bit too young regardless of gender. Lena's answer that she would have liked to see it is typically the kind of jokes that she better not tell in the west.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Last edited by haku; 28-02-2004 at 17:53.