Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

The Contest goes on! - Send t.A.T.u. a song ...

Old 02-02-2004, 17:19   #41
Участник

hey

Hello I have a question. Do you know for sure that Ivan won't give the song writer's credit? I think he will because there is proof that the song writer wrote the song (i.e. the tv show) He's taking away the rights and owning the rights of the song but as long as the artist get's credit, that's a good thing.

I understand your point of view where you say it is not right for Ivan "exploiting" the artists by forcing them to waive the rights to their songs just to get published and you may be right. However, I think differently. Ivan does not have to give any fan the chance of writing lyrics for t.a.t.u He does not need to get lyrics by means of a contest. If he really wanted to, I'm sure he could find other song writers that would work for peanuts, even with his reputation. Things are different in Russia. People will work for cheap. Ivan is creating this contest in order to get fan participation. Half the songs that are contributed aren't very good. He is spending money and time reviewing them. He is spending money and time fixing them up. If he had a professional writer working on the songs, he would have way less problems. It would make his job easier to hire a professional writer who would work for cheap (and be paid up front).

Also, most songwriters do not make one hit wonders that are sung for many generations or remade. This is a chance to make a hit. Every song writer can write a song but how many get the chance to write a song for one of the most popular and scandalous groups to come out in years? Most people do not have this chance. It's just one song. What else would you be doing? If you don't want them to use your song, don't send it in but there are thousands of people who don't care about "signing over their rights" because they realize that it is a great opportunity (ofcourse some are just obsessed fans who will do anything for tatu).

I agree with you that the fans that are being exploited are the extremely obsessed ones who will do anything for tatu but there are fans that are not exploited who have thought about the whole process rationally and come to the conclusion that it is a promissing opportunity.

BTW, I'm sure when Ivan actually decides to use a song, there will be a contract. Somebody should post the contract online. I also have one question, are many people that naive to think that they will profit from the song? If Ivan is deliberately misleading people into thinking that they will profit, I think that is wrong. But if he clearly states that the writer will only recieve credit, a t-shirt etc. than I don't think that is wrong. Misleading people is always wrong.

If people are willing participants (not obsessed fans who will do anything for tatu) and they realize that they will not profit, then it's not an issue of right or wrong or exploitation. It's like having a volunteer. Many filmmakers volunteer their services for feature films for free. They work 10 hour days for free. I realize this case is different because the volunteer is contributing a creative element. People also invest thousands of dollars into student films and do not profit. They often to this in order to have something to show to investors. (I don't think it's too smart but people do it)

Last edited by dollparts3000; 02-02-2004 at 20:12.

Old 02-02-2004, 21:54   #42
Nobody

Someone should e-mail them or something and ask if they'll be credited if their song is chosen?

BTW, will they only be picking one song?

Old 02-02-2004, 22:53   #43
The Bunny Prince

Send a message via AIM to nasnedagoniat
I see now on the Skyroom website, it says that the winner(s) will actually recieve a fee and world recognition. It states this at the bottom of the page where you go to send an mp3.

Old 03-02-2004, 05:28   #44
Участник

hey

Cool! Well that is fair. I don't know why people are complaining if Ivan is paying them and giving them world recognition. Sounds pretty sweet. Sorry if I wrote so much above!

Last edited by dollparts3000; 03-02-2004 at 05:47.

Old 03-02-2004, 07:01   #45
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by Rivendell
It`s the same song - Masturbirovala i konchala. You can find it on Alerg`s FTP.
But this one is also very similar to the 2. track - Sex on the album Duet-Taty. Actually there are some more cool remixes. Listen here:
http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/product....6451&sku=33390
Thank you Rivendell .. yes its the same song in track 2. But its longer ...
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 03-02-2004, 07:03   #46
we shout

Re: hey

Quote:
Originally posted by dollparts3000
Cool! Well that is fair. I don't know why people are complaining if Ivan is paying them and giving them world recognition. Sounds pretty sweet. Sorry if I wrote so much above!
*points at Katbeidar*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 03-02-2004, 17:21   #47
Primetime Anchor

One story made me think that the Contest will be for the moscovities only. Here is the story:

One of my acquaintances used to send poetry and music for different t.A.T.u. related competitions but never got a prise. This person is not from Moscow. Once this person wrote a Moscow address and won a cometition at once. Even a meeting with t.A.T.u. and a cellular phone. This time it was the case with Podnebesnaya. A man called this person to tell that the texts were great and that the person was welcome to come to the Pekin Hotel to show the music. The person specified a Moscow address again this time and got a jack-pot.

So, it's probably easier for the management to deal with people if they can be met personally and at once. That's why from Moscow. It was just one of my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 03-02-2004, 19:00   #48
pie crust

Bye, guys. *Moves to Moscow*.

That's interesting forre. And pretty unfair too...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 03-02-2004, 19:06   #49
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
So, it's probably easier for the management to deal with people if they can be met personally and at once. That's why from Moscow. It was just one of my thoughts.
Well, I never believed they would pick for winners anyone that was even outside of Russia ... that's why I never even try submitting anything... besides the fact that i am lazy too I never envisioned them flying me to a concert out of midwest USA or to meet them for a little hello.... But it always sounded to me like those things were targeted towards the russian crowd.. and even Moscow crowd sounds more convincing... in fact I am surprised that they really pick winners and so on, wihch is great of course, for those who are in Russia and Moscow

*starts writing down a list of Moskvichi i know.... for future reference, if I decided to actualy submit anything...to use their address... like a great gossip for example....have been considering submitting that* ha ha
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 03-02-2004, 19:13   #50
pie crust

Well, now that you mention it.. Was there some kind of a message directed to the English fans aswell? Because the reality show is only shown in Russia.. So.. umm.. sounds kinda weird.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 03-02-2004, 19:35   #51
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee
Well, now that you mention it.. Was there some kind of a message directed to the English fans aswell? Because the reality show is only shown in Russia.. So.. umm.. sounds kinda weird.
well Queenski, I think there was something in English .. but actually i was talking about other contests.... like that submit a video with emotions, etc.....or send a pic in school unifor and you could've gone with tatu to their London gig... .. well, there was no gig at the end, but still.... and i remember it said it only in russian, and it actually said that you would 'fly on the plane with tatu' ... which automaticaly made it sound like you gotta take off with them from Moscow... which right away made me thinks it is for russians, and i guess mainly Moscow people
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 03-02-2004, 20:49   #52
viva la scientology!

Quote:
like that submit a video with emotions, etc.....or send a pic in school unifor and you could've gone with tatu to their London gig...
send emotions video for Show Me Love contest... no SML video

send uniform pics for London gigs... no London gigs

send songs for 2nd album... MWAHAHAHA

I hope Tatu aren't that predictable. It seems they're only focusing on Russia, so everyone else gets ignored for the time being. But what would happen if you gave a Moscow address, and they picked you?
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 04-02-2004, 18:17   #53
iMod

20 more demo songs have been added:

http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/songs/album.html?album=6
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 05-02-2004, 01:30   #54
Участник

hey

My new favourite is:
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/avi/t...K6/Track09.mp3

Old 05-02-2004, 01:48   #55
pie crust

OMG... I will NEVER have time to download all of these songs..!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 08-02-2004, 05:30   #56
How cute is she

ok sorry to bother you forre but i may be having a brain died day but let me see if i get this right i send the lryics by email to podnebesnaya@rambler.ru then i go to http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/inside/konkurs.html and fill out the form there for the mp3 is that right. Also can someone send in more then one entry. and if no mp3 available just email the lyrics?

sincerley
kayla

Old 08-02-2004, 10:55   #57
Primetime Anchor

irish22, Yep, e-mail the lyrics to podnebesnaya@rambler.ru, and upload MP3 using the form under. Try several entries, I didn't see any limitations there.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 10-02-2004, 00:32   #58
iMod

A 7th pack of songs has been added:
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/songs/album.html?album=7

Since the album seems to be already recorded, why are they asking people to send songs? That doesn't make sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 10-02-2004, 00:34   #59
Участник

Does the album track list actually contain any songs sent in by fans?

Old 10-02-2004, 01:47   #60
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by haku
A 7th pack of songs has been added:
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/songs/album.html?album=7

Since the album seems to be already recorded, why are they asking people to send songs? That doesn't make sense.
For the NEXT album after the release of this album Haku ...or maybe they want to have special edition Fan songs album .. why not .. da.. everything is fine
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me