Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

[Epilogue] Tatu In Podnebesnaya. Release from 14.03.04. [aka Ep. 14]

Old 16-03-2004, 02:42   #61
Primetime Anchor

sunny poison, Not arguing. Of course not. Debating here, as usual.

The problem is - t.A.T.u. is a brand that sells and not Shapovalov. Oh! Both he and Kiper want to stand in the spotlight and receive the awards! Ooooops! It's the artist's job. The producer will always remain in the shadow. Greed and ignorance ruined him. Oh! Maybe he doesn't care. Here we speak about t.A.T.u. and not Shapovalov's future projects. He'll be as successful as Nichya.

Yes, t.A.T.u. showed that Russia "is able" too. Unfortunatelly, it's a one-hit wonder in the West. Nothing more. Next time a Russian artist makes its way to the charts, Western promotors will think twice whether to work with this artist or not. Many companies not only earned money on t.A.T.u. but lost them too. So, it's not about the group at the end, it's about the nation.

Enough politics. We'll follow the girls for a while now and see where we end up. There are a few recorded songs, those will be released for sure. That's good.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Last edited by forre; 16-03-2004 at 02:53.

Old 16-03-2004, 02:55   #62
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
well... Ivan was one of those few producers who managed to put himself in the sportlight... And it was him who made the brand TATU so well-selling. But it went too far. You are right here... now t.A.T.u costs much more then Ivan and his ideas. TATU is not Ivan anymore. But unfortunately, Ivan is TATU. And he won't be anything else no matter how hard he tries.

As for the effect TATU had on Russian show-biz, well... I don't regret what happened. TATU showed not only western promoters that Russia 'is able', but russian artists too. Now they aren't afraid to try. The situation doesn't look so hopeless anymore. And some producers already said that TATU's success helped them a lot in getting nice contracts. Ivan didn't harm much. It will be enough for other russians to give real garantees and show some will to work to convince western promoters to try one more time. At least now russians can expect some attention.

And yeah, lets wait for new songs and see what happens in the next episode of TATU soap opera.

Uf... ok... 5 am... have to get up at 8. Phewww!! Hate it!!
*is off to sleep*

Old 16-03-2004, 03:05   #63
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny poison
well... Ivan was one of those few producers who managed to put himself in the sportlight...

Uf... ok... 5 am... have to get up at 8. Phewww!! Hate it!!
*is off to sleep*
For what?

Sweet dreams!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 16-03-2004, 07:00   #64
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
thanks sunny poison for clearing that up!
I really enjoy your reports. ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^

Old 16-03-2004, 07:08   #65
Участник

Thanks for your report and your views sunny poison.

Old 16-03-2004, 08:22   #66
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:

As for the effect TATU had on Russian show-biz, well... I don't regret what happened. TATU showed not only western promoters that Russia 'is able', but russian artists too. Now they aren't afraid to try. The situation doesn't look so hopeless anymore. And some producers already said that TATU's success helped them a lot in getting nice contracts. Ivan didn't harm much. It will be enough for other russians to give real garantees and show some will to work to convince western promoters to try one more time. At least now russians can expect some attention.
Some nice effects really, but frankly also some bad ones as well. What will the westerners think about russia's sense for show business, russian arogance, lack of organizing skills, un-professionalism etc. They ceratainly helped in perpetuating a lot of "eastern" stereotypes... all about how people were SUPPOSED to be behind the former iron curtain. And I'm not happy about that at all :|
On the other hand we can't dismiss all the good things of course. But I can't help but wonder what all this could STILL become if it was jsut managed properly. :/
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 16-03-2004, 15:17   #67
motylik

Send a message via ICQ to Lena410
freddie, I don't think that they themselves were in any way supporting those stereotypes. They didn't behave differently than some of the western stars do. I'm more appalled at seeing how deeply rooted those stereotypes are.
I don't really think that there was a way in which tatu could have behaved without being bashed. That's the thing that makes me sad. :\

and I agree that they still have a chance if they would be managed properly from now on.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Asking the right questions will make all the doubts go away." ~ German teacher
"Having the right doubts will make all the questions go away." ~ My best(est) friend ^^

Old 16-03-2004, 18:23   #68
Bitchka

freds,
Quote:
What will the westerners think about russia's sense for show business, russian arogance, lack of organizing skills, un-professionalism etc. They ceratainly helped in perpetuating a lot of "eastern" stereotypes...
What can I say....the sad part is.... usually those things are true... sad... but yeah. There is a reason why some of those Eastern Countries arent getting in the E.U. quite just yet for example (Russia being one of them) and its because.... the stereoptypes are a bit true
arogance, unprofessionalism, lack of skills (still usually), greediness, LAZINESS ... etc...etc... moving slowly toward the change.. but.... still crawling hihi.

Same with t.A.T.u. ... perfect example how those world collapsed - the east ways didnt go too far when it came to the west

Bottom line is - there are still places where people still function with their old mentality of: being lazy, but wanting everything at the same time ..just like THAT.... without wanting to move too many muscles.... ask me for examples and ill give you LOTS from my country
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 16-03-2004, 19:30   #69
a kind of fresh madness

Why has noone considered the idea of Trevor Horn being tATu's new producer? He did contribute heavily to '200KM/H' and, in case anyone is forgetting, it was Horn who produced the girls most sucessful song to date! The production on the English album is far, far superior to that of the Russian debut.
Of course, I think the chances of Horn taking Shap's place full-time are about a million to one but it just strikes me as odd why none of you have mentioned him.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?

Old 16-03-2004, 19:35   #70
Aku cinta Yulia

Send a message via MSN to Ruivelle Send a message via Yahoo to Ruivelle
Quote:
Originally posted by nasnedagoniat
[HINT]You don't appreciate what you've got until you don't have it anymore. If you're lucky enough to get it back, you love it more than ever before. - Mass Manipulation Rule #13[/HINT]

... that hint is kinda ...... true .... .... anyway , thanks for all the report guys .... TATU is still there or not , i'll stick with Yulia and Lena
~~~~~~~~~~~
Maria | Proud Member of t.A.T.u.ism

Old 17-03-2004, 08:12   #71
the likeness of a human

Quote:
It was the combination of gimmick, Y&L personalities, fine lyrics and nice arragements that made TATU so popular. Take one part away and the thing just wouldn't work.
Amen! On the few times I've expressed my opinion about Tatu (not here, though), it's always been something like this.

Things could be better or they could be worse, but I'd never be the same.