Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Tatu in Podnebesnaya. Releases from 14.02.04 and 15.02.04. [aka Eps. 9 & 10]

Old 20-02-2004, 08:20   #141
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
it's weird, when i go back to watching video clips/interviews, i STILL resort to thinking they're attracted to each other/to girls in general. they must've been SUCH good acters.
I know what you mean! I mean some of those old vids... I could SWEAR that something was there. You remember that Michael Jackson - Lisa Marie Presley kiss at the MTC VMA's like 10 years ago? Now THAT was fake. Not this. Sheesh.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 20-02-2004, 10:30   #142
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
it's weird, when i go back to watching video clips/interviews, i STILL resort to thinking they're attracted to each other/to girls in general. they must've been SUCH good acters.
hooo ... ...its even worst in my case .. now.. you see I like that song STARS very much .. no matter what... I like it .. I like it .. so I listen to it everytime when I drive .. usually repeating repeating .. now .. when I notice the lyric sometimes when I stuck in trafic jam or anything .. its not Yulia and Lena anymore ... its Ivan and Lena Kiper .. love story .. ::::cries::::

Even the song become straight!!! ::::criessss:::
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 20-02-2004, 11:10   #143
my iron lung

Send a message via Yahoo to febrika
*off to watch ripptyd-everything video*
-convince herself that there gotta be somethin between y&l-
~~~~~~~~~~~
"buzz lightyear to starcommand, starcommand come in"

Old 20-02-2004, 12:15   #144
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by febrika
*off to watch ripptyd-everything video*
-convince herself that there gotta be somethin between y&l-
LOL Hey, trust your eyes, trust your feelings, febrika.

Lux, what about Yulia snogging that girl in St. Petersburg (according to Mad Debz?) How many straight girls you know would do that kind of thing? (Please don't say all of them... ) Anyway... I'm just saying... *winks* And not to keep repeating myself all the time: But didn't Yulia say in the documentary that because of her participation in tATu she discovered she had feelings for girls as well? Anyway: Everyone draws their own conclusions from what they read and see and so on, but even though we may think we know everything about Yulia Volkova, we should keep in mind that we DON'T actually, and speculations about her exact sexual preferences are just that: speculations.

xena225

Old 20-02-2004, 13:21   #145
we shout

so.. xena225, do you like the way I speculate ? ..

~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 20-02-2004, 18:18   #146
viva la scientology!

Quote:
but even though we may think we know everything about Yulia Volkova, we should keep in mind that we DON'T actually, and speculations about her exact sexual preferences are just that: speculations.
But I have to ask:

Does it really matter?

Personally, I don't care if she's gay or Chinese. Her preference means nothing to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 21-02-2004, 01:37   #147
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
Lux, what about Yulia snogging that girl in St. Petersburg (according to Mad Debz?) How many straight girls you know would do that kind of thing? (Please don't say all of them... ) Anyway... I'm just saying... *winks* And not to keep repeating myself all the time: But didn't Yulia say in the documentary that because of her participation in tATu she discovered she had feelings for girls as well? Anyway: Everyone draws their own conclusions from what they read and see and so on, but even though we may think we know everything about Yulia Volkova, we should keep in mind that we DON'T actually, and speculations about her exact sexual preferences are just that: speculations.
I agree with xena about this! *members of tatysite faint in astonishment*

Not just that we don't really know, but that there are things to support the idea that Yulia isn't entirely straight.

It is of course perfectly possible that Yulia was only snogging the girl in St Petersburg for show and only said that she had feelings for girls in order to keep a little bit of the Tatu image alive. I did find the dream about Lena rather too transparent to be true.

The thing that made me think she could indeed not be entirely straight (I just assumed she was straight as soon as I saw the first YSSU video, such an old cynic am I), was what she said in the Ptyuch interview. The story about her parents' reactions only seemed to make sense if YSSU had been a joke and Yulia was straight, but the hidden irony was that Yulia had later realised she liked girls. The fact that Yulia's account in Anatomy matches with what I had deduced months earlier from Ptyuch seems too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lux
although i used to think yulia was highly sexual and thus likely to be bi/open, i always thought lena to be into girls. now, yulia is straight. she's not into girls, not at all. it's not that the more i think about her having a boyfriend the straighter she gets, it's just that, everything is clear: she's not into girls, at least, not into other girls. what thick blanket of delusion ivan has pulled over my eyes only to rip it away at the most crucial moment.
The strongest evidence that Yulia really is straight is not that she has a boyfriend, it's that it's Pasha. I mean, you would have to be very strongly oriented to men to even begin to think that Pasha was attractive.

However, Pasha is so unattractive to everyone else that Yulia simply can't have chosen him because she found him so incredibly physically attractive - surely nobody has such weird tastes. What his appeal is remains a mystery to me. One suggestion I've heard is that he reminds Yulia of her father - a strong, simple man.

I can't quite imagine how anybody could be so straight that faced with a choice between two people that they had feelings for: Pasha and Masha Tsigal (who presumably was the girl she referred to - five translators say it was another girl, only elf says it was Lena) they would choose Pasha. But then I can't quite imagine how faced with a choice between Pasha and other men, Yulia would choose Pasha.

Old 21-02-2004, 02:17   #148
we shout

The TATU at Yulia's back said "haiyam" .. it meant only for a girl ..

Quote:
The strongest evidence that Yulia really is straight is not that she has a boyfriend, it's that it's Pasha. I mean, you would have to be very strongly oriented to men to even begin to think that Pasha was attractive
Sincerely .... I think Pasha is cute .. and the picture he hugging Yulia from the back looks very nice. They look like perfect couple to me.

*is questioning her own sexuality now*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 21-02-2004, 02:46   #149
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by denial
so.. xena225, do you like the way I speculate ? ..
Do you mean the things you said about "Stars"?

Hm, well, even if Yulia and Lena were the straightest of the straight *cough* --- the group t.A.T.u. is definitely not a straight group. The "project t.A.T.u." is build around a friendship between two girls which developed into love. The performances, the image of t.A.T.u. (which not only shows a romantic ideal, but also the sexual and sensual aspects of it) reflect this, as do most of the songs - All The Things She Said, Not Gonna Get Us address the issue very clearly, as does Show Me Love and also - in my opinion - Stars. I'm not gonna go into the whole "What is t.A.T.u." debate now, but to answer your implied question - no, the meaning of the songs hasn't changed for me at all.

Everything is fine, denial.

xena225

Old 21-02-2004, 04:43   #150
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by simon
The thing that made me think she could indeed not be entirely straight (I just assumed she was straight as soon as I saw the first YSSU video, such an old cynic am I), was what she said in the Ptyuch interview. The story about her parents' reactions only seemed to make sense if YSSU had been a joke and Yulia was straight, but the hidden irony was that Yulia had later realised she liked girls. The fact that Yulia's account in Anatomy matches with what I had deduced months earlier from Ptyuch seems too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.
LMAO!! You stole that from ME! It was me who claimed that all along on tatu.us and even BEFORE that, on tatysite.net (from the first moment I ever read that interview I was almost sure Yulia was bi) and you always kept dismissing that argument saying that the interview was not valid cause Ivan and Yulia were both just toying with the interviewer with their sarcastic ways. Oh what difference a day makes.

Quote:
The strongest evidence that Yulia really is straight is not that she has a boyfriend, it's that it's Pasha. I mean, you would have to be very strongly oriented to men to even begin to think that Pasha was attractive.

However, Pasha is so unattractive to everyone else that Yulia simply can't have chosen him because she found him so incredibly physically attractive - surely nobody has such weird tastes. What his appeal is remains a mystery to me. One suggestion I've heard is that he reminds Yulia of her father - a strong, simple man.

I can't quite imagine how anybody could be so straight that faced with a choice between two people that they had feelings for: Pasha and Masha Tsigal (who presumably was the girl she referred to - five translators say it was another girl, only elf says it was Lena) they would choose Pasha. But then I can't quite imagine how faced with a choice between Pasha and other men, Yulia would choose Pasha.
This is such a feble argument. Firstly... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can never categoricaly say which person would be pleasing to another regardless of the body features nor gender. This might be even a bit more complicated for bisexual people who may look for male characteristics on a man and female characteristic on a woman. So those two might be COMPLETELY different kind of sexual attractions.
Another point: the attraction to a person is not skin-deep. When we feel attracted to a person, it's the attraction towards their whole persona. Attraction can't be explained simply by aestetical sense of what is considered beautiful. It's so much more then that.

A practical example that shaters THAT theory: Angelina Jolie is bisexual. She dated Billy Bob Thornton. Enough said.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 21-02-2004, 05:22   #151
pie crust

I agree with you Freddie. Maybe there is something wonderful Yulia sees in Pasha, and in my opinion, he's not so bad looking. Judging from that picture where they were hugging eachother they both look happy AND cute together. I don't think we will know what that "appeal" is (why Yulia likes Pasha, erm) but I'm not sure if Yulia knows herself. I mean, when you're in love with a person you're not in love with something about them in particular, the whole package is wonderful. And besides, we have never met Pasha (Don't know if any of you have, but I'm guessing not by the way you speak about him) so we can't really say if he's an awful man. He might be really nice you know, and he's not so bad looking, so Yulia doesn't have a "weird taste", she just has A taste, and you have ANOTHER. About the documentary, well, I'm not even gonna LISTEN to what they said there! Wasn't it manipulated? Yeah, the parts we didn't like were manipulated, but when Yulia says she likes girls then OF COURSE it's true.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 21-02-2004, 06:20   #152
no....

Hey, what about David Cooperfield and Claudia Schiffer [or however you spelled her name]...

But i agree with what Cirrus said, who cares really?

Old 21-02-2004, 09:17   #153
Участник

Quote:
what about David Cooperfield and Claudia Schiffer
Is David ugly? I can't remember what he looks like.

Old 21-02-2004, 09:30   #154
Lena's boytoy

Send a message via AIM to Celtic Jobber
Quote:
Originally posted by taty994945
Is David ugly? I can't remember what he looks like.
Here's a pic of David Copperfield. What do you think?

Old 21-02-2004, 09:41   #155
Участник

I give him 7 out of 10.

Old 21-02-2004, 10:12   #156
pie crust

He's not bad at all! He looks kinda like Haku..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 21-02-2004, 11:26   #157
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
LMAO!! You stole that from ME! It was me who claimed that all along on tatu.us and even BEFORE that, on tatysite.net (from the first moment I ever read that interview I was almost sure Yulia was bi) and you always kept dismissing that argument saying that the interview was not valid cause Ivan and Yulia were both just toying with the interviewer with their sarcastic ways. Oh what difference a day makes.
Freddie, your recollection is wrong. Read page 5 of "Are they lesbians?" on tatu.us again (I told you to before when you made the same false accusation and you refused). I presented an argument that the structure of Yulia's anecdote was such that it only made sense for her to have said if she really did like girls. If you don't believe me, read what I wrote. Stop making this false accusation.

Quote:
This is such a feble argument. Firstly... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can never categoricaly say which person would be pleasing to another regardless of the body features nor gender.

Of course you can't! Did I deny that Yulia found Pasha attractive? What I was saying was that Pasha wasn't someobody people generally would find attractive, so his appeal must be based on something other than physical appearance.

People's rankings of the physical appearance of different people from photos correlate highly. What differs much more is whether or not they pass the level of being considered attractive. Some people have different tastes from others, but studies have shown that rankings generally don't differ very much.

Very attractive people sometimes pick people who are less physically attractive because of some other characteristic about them that really appeals. Once a strong emotional connection is made on the basis of that the hormone oxytocin then makes them fall in love and find the person physically attractive.

I understand this intellectually, I just find it a little strange because I'm one of those relatively unusual people who doesn't get that effect from oxytocin. I have fallen in love and still not found the person sexually attractive...

You have said that the fact I have a degree in psychology means I don't know anything about psychology. Actually, I do.

Quote:
This might be even a bit more complicated for bisexual people who may look for male characteristics on a man and female characteristic on a woman. So those two might be COMPLETELY different kind of sexual attractions.
You think Pasha looks feminine?

BTW, I'm somewhat bisexual, so I don't need you to tell me about the phenomenon.

Quote:
Another point: the attraction to a person is not skin-deep. When we feel attracted to a person, it's the attraction towards their whole persona. Attraction can't be explained simply by aestetical sense of what is considered beautiful. It's so much more then that.
That was the point I was making!

Last edited by simon; 21-02-2004 at 12:19.

Old 21-02-2004, 12:24   #158
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Freddie, your recollection is wrong. Read page 5 of "Are they lesbians?" on tatu.us again (I told you to before when you made the same false accusation and you refused). I presented an argument that the structure of Yulia's anecdote was such that it only made sense for her to have said if she really did like girls. If you don't believe me, read what I wrote. Stop making this false accusation.
[/b]
The whole time Ptyuch was discussed you uterly denied it had ANY importance... you said that me and other ppl were blind, that we're not able to comprehend sarcasm Yulia and Ivan were throwing at us... I know for a fact that I said that this interview is an ultimate proof of Yulia's bisexuality many times (even on tatysite.net), and I distinctively remember that you CONTRADICTED me there... if you'd agree with me then there'd be no discussion would there? Or maybe you changed your opinion from page 5 till the time I came to tatu.us last summer and started contradicting yourself.

Quote:
Of course you can't! Did I deny that Yulia found Pasha attractive? What I was saying was that Pasha wasn't someobody people generally would find attractive, so his appeal must be based on something other than physical appearance.

People's rankings of the physical appearance of different people from photos correlate highly. What differs much more is whether or not they pass the level of being considered attractive. Some people have different tastes from others, but studies have shown that rankings generally don't differ very much.

Very attractive people sometimes pick people who are less physically attractive because of some other characteristic about them that really appeals. Once a strong emotional connection is made on the basis of that the hormone oxytocin then makes them fall in love and find the person physically attractive.

I understand this intellectually, I just find it a little strange because I'm one of those relatively unusual people who doesn't get that effect from oxytocin. I have fallen in love and still not found the person sexually attractive...

You have said that the fact I have a degree in psychology means I don't know anything about psychology. Actually, I do.
I don't even know what you were suggesting then. The point of your post was clearly that Yulia couldn't be bisexual since she finds attraction in such a type as Pasha is. That was what I gathered out of your post. I hope some other ppl thought the same
Simon for god sakes... put down books where you're searching for all this fun little facts about attaction, to impress us with your infinite wisdom. Attraction is such a personal thing and you talk about hormones. I realize it basicly comes down to that, but we're all subjected to the same kind of hormones yet none of us feels attraction the same way as the other... Like you realized yourself: EVERYONE could pass the level off being attractive if you find them attractive as a personality. Physical attraction can grow out of a mental and emotional one... I've seen it happen... wheter this is done by oxytocin or another random hormone is besides the point and obsotele except for the purpose of you wanting to show us what extensive knowlage of body chemistry you have (or what knowlage of looking up information from a book maybe?). Wait!! This is going nowhere. Why on earth am I even discussing this? The question remains... WHAT WAS YOUR POINT?! Yulia is not bi cause she's attracted to Pasha? Yet you say yourself that attraction can grow out of a strong emotional connection... which practicaly dismantles that claim. I don't even know to what I should be arguing here.

Quote:
You think Pasha looks feminine?
Mind you that I wanted to make a point that Yulia dating Pasha doesn't prove a thing, since I thougth you were suggesting that she can't be bi cause of Pasha (and I still can't find any other meaning to your first post actualy). I wanted to say that that attraction can be diverse... and even if a girl likes rugged guys it doesn't mean she couldn't be attracted to cute feme girls. Just different spectrum of attraction.

Lets go trough my sentance step by step...

" This might be even a bit more complicated for bisexual people .... - nothing wrong with this part right?

" ...who may look for male characteristics on a man and female characteristic on a woman.... " - this part is bothering you?

Where exactly did you figure here that I thought Pasha is feminine? Quite the oposite... I was rather suggestion that it wouldn't be an impossible thing for Yulia to like Pasha (the rugged, masculine type male), and at the same time feel attraction to femme girls (For instance that Masha girl since you mentioned her specificaly). You maybe mistakenly thought I said female characteristics in men and male characteristics in women (which can alson happen, but that's not the point here). Teh point is I condired Pasha quite a masculine guy.

I'm not going to respond anymore since I'm getting increasingly irritaded here. I'll answer only if you personaly attack me. So knock yourself out dude.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by freddie; 21-02-2004 at 12:32.

Old 21-02-2004, 16:08   #159
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
Do you mean the things you said about "Stars"?
Everything is fine, denial.
mmmm... I like the way you make me feel comfortable... and today the song STARS is gay again ...

Everything is fine, Xena225
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 21-02-2004, 18:48   #160
the truth is out there...

Quote:
Originally posted by Celtic Jobber
Here's a pic of David Copperfield. What do you think?
I think he looks gay, assumed it was an arranged marriage, but who knows