Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Forum Archive English forum archive Tatu In Podnebesnaya

Sukachev [Famous Russian Rock-Star]: Tatu have no future.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:24   #1
Участник

Sukachev [Famous Russian Rock-Star]: Tatu have no future.

Famous musician Garik Sukachev recently payed a visit to Lena Katina, Julia Volkova and their producer Ivan Shapovalov for the purposes of their reality show "Tatu in Podnebesnaya". The conversation that took place between Sukachev and Tatu wasn't broadcasted due to "safety" considerations. The show was initially planned to be a reality show, but later it was decided to show only pre-recorded fragments. So some episodes that might damage the group's image wouldn't be broadcasted.

The lead singer of [rock-band] "Neprikasaemye" ["Untouchable"] wasn't to enthusiastic to meet the girls, reported "Zhyzn". He had nothing to say as an old rock-star to representatives of "pop". That's why as soon as he met the girls, Sukachev confessed to them, that he doesn't like their work, and he emphasised his dislike towards the pop-culture.

Julia and Lena met Sukachev not in "Podnebesnaya", but in the restaurant on the third floor of hotel "Pekin". The soulful conversation didn't take place: the famous rock-star just explained to the girls his opinion about them and why he think the group has no future.

After talking to the girls, the singer went up to "Podnebesnaya" and had a conversation with their producer Ivan Shapovalov. Possibly, the recordings of the conversations will be shown in later episodes, but for now the audience will be able to see Atremii Troitsky, who is one of the softest critics of Tatu.

Source: Dni.Ru
Translated by katbeidar for TatySite.net

Last edited by Kate; 07-02-2004 at 03:32.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:36   #2
no....

I wouldn't take anything from a guy whose group is named liked a social class that means...well, a depriment to society that everyone avoids... cause you're probably diseased or something.

Ah, the Untouchables.... everyones favorite social class in World Cultures... hahaha

Thanks for that Tidbit Kate! I find it fascinating how everyone seems to have this whole "the project has no future".... is what the Reality Show really showing a "fuedal attempt to proving their prosperity".... hrmmmm

Old 07-02-2004, 03:40   #3
Участник

thegurgi, yeah, the emphasis is on "everyone" is saying that Tatu have no future etc. Maybe we should just take the hint and face the reality...

Old 07-02-2004, 03:43   #4
no....

katbeidar, nah, i love to go against the grain... i've always been the rebel.

I think it's just the whole slavic pessimism thing coming here. I'll always give things a chance until i see some proof. And i really don't think i have much proof [ i've learned from watching this project enfold that it's hard to really guess what's going on at all ]

Old 07-02-2004, 03:54   #5
we shout

katbeidar, thank you very much for the translation

Quote:
The lead singer of [rock-band] "Neprikasaemye" ["Untouchable"] wasn't to enthusiastic to meet the girls, reported "Zhyzn". He had nothing to say as an old rock-star to representatives of "pop". That's why as soon as he met the girls, Sukachev confessed to them, that he doesn't like their work, and he emphasised his dislike towards the pop-culture.
Funny .. that he's still going there .. what for? I don't know .. he can always reject those.. maybe he wants to look 'different'?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 07-02-2004, 04:00   #6
Участник

denial, maybe he was paid real good?

Old 07-02-2004, 04:03   #7
viva la scientology!

Quote:
the emphasis is on "everyone" is saying that Tatu have no future etc. Maybe we should just take the hint and face the reality...
Yeah, it seems certain at times, but Tatu still do some interesting things every now and then. I do think their best days are behind them though. Is this guy a star in Russia? He may just be arrogant and prejudiced against pop-music, acting like he's above all that stuff. Or paid well, like Katbeidar said. What's so real about this reality show anyways?

Quote:
After talking to the girls, the singer went up to "Podnebesnaya" and had a conversation with their producer Ivan Shapovalov.
Maybe giving him some tips on how to turn things around? Or scoring some weed perhaps.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.

Old 07-02-2004, 04:21   #8
Like OMG!

Send a message via AIM to protoman2k1
And this guy is?....
Has he sold as much records as tatu in Russia, NO!!, why? cause there the top selling artist of Russia ever!!! And thats just Russia, this guy is being stupid, he shouldnt talk he wishes he was worth what tatu is worth , he wishes he was them

Old 07-02-2004, 04:55   #9
Участник

protoman2k1, sometimes what sells in the image and PR, not the music. And the top selling Russian artist ever is most likely Alla Pugacheva, not Tatu.

Old 07-02-2004, 05:09   #10
we shout

Quote:
as an old rock-star to representatives
Maybe he's one of those .. I've seen many .. when they get old they become deep thinker .. when they were young .. they sing of rebel songs .. and when they old .. they sing about world peace...

What his view about TATU probably base on his experience... but TATU are not just Yulia and Lena ... he must have forgotten about Ivan until later...

Quote:
"After talking to the girls, the singer went up to "Podnebesnaya" and had a conversation with their producer Ivan Shapovalov. "
.. then it wont be shown because .. it might show how this guy had to eat his own words and shown that Ivan is really a genius .. and what a bright future TATU will have .. and that will destroy TATU image .. LoL ..

da .. I am insane .. LoL

Off topic:
katbeidar, for you .. personnally and sincerely .. no reason .. just wishing you good wishes..*hugs*

-denial
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Last edited by denial; 07-02-2004 at 05:21.

Old 07-02-2004, 06:19   #11
iMod

Thanks katbeidar

Thanks for taking the time to translate it, i had posted the link to the article in the general thread a few days ago but i had no real idea of what it was talking about lol

Yulia and Lena seem to spend a lot of time on the third floor, he he.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]

Old 07-02-2004, 07:02   #12
Участник

denial, Thank you, thank you!! I adore you, denial!

haku, next time just PM me the link of the article you want to be translated. I don't have time to search for Tatu news, my dad found this one by accident when he was reading news about the terrorist attack in Moscow's underground railway... 39 people died... 40 have gone missing... What a cruel world we live in...

Old 07-02-2004, 09:51   #13
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by denial
Funny .. that he's still going there .. what for? I don't know ..
Well, the "famous musician" (never heard of him by the way) probably wants to leech on tATu for his 15 minutes of fame as well (like so many others). All of those people coming down hard on tATu and predicting their demise would probably give a lot to even have a fraction of tATu's world-wide success. Well, his objective was achieved: We read his name, some giggled, some didn't, now back to obscurity, Mr. erm, erm... What was his name again?

Sorry, but I can't take these grumblers and "prophets of tATu's doom" very seriously these days.

xena225

Old 07-02-2004, 12:05   #14
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
But just hold on for a sec and read carefuly what he REALLY said...

Quote:
Sukachev confessed to them, that he doesn't like their work, and he emphasised his dislike towards the pop-culture
See what I mean? He doesn't like the POP CULTURE. As in pop culture in general. The old rocker that he is. He might as well go to NSync, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Back Street Boys...hell to half of todays music sceene and tell them that they have no future cause pop sucks and is practicaly dead.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:15   #15
Primetime Anchor

Sukachev is more up to rock'n'roll. Not so much rock. Well, yes, pop is not his cup of tea and if he doesn't like the style no one forces him to listen to it or even like it. He, himself doesn't stand a chance in the world's show-biz. That's my objective opinion only.

The problem with t.A.T.u. doesn't lie in their music, that has been made so far - the problem is that the project is hanging up in the air if to speak of the heights they could reach only if they worked hard (management mostly) instead of cancelling, lying, giving a puppet-show. The level they reached required a more mature marketing concept.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 07-02-2004, 12:18   #16
enter sadman

Send a message via Skype™ to crni
Quote:
See what I mean? He doesn't like the POP CULTURE. As in pop culture in general. The old rocker that he is. He might as well go to NSync, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Back Street Boys...hell to half of todays music sceene and tell them that they have no future cause pop sucks and is practicaly dead.
good point, freddie
there's absolutely no reason for him to discuss about pop music as he would spit on every single pop artist!

(not that i like pop music in general, but... )
~~~~~~~~~~~
030904 - worst day of my life
.:ignorance is a bliss:.
.:truth is just an excuse for the lack of imagination:.

Old 07-02-2004, 14:33   #17
I don't waste my time

Quote:
the famous rock-star just explained to the girls his opinion about them and why he think the group has no future.
And then what happened? Yulia started swearing, I bet!

Quote:
The problem with t.A.T.u. doesn't lie in their music, that has been made so far - the problem is that the project is hanging up in the air if to speak of the heights they could reach only if they worked hard (management mostly) instead of cancelling, lying, giving a puppet-show. The level they reached required a more mature marketing concept.
Well said, forre! Totally agree.

Old 07-02-2004, 15:53   #18
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by forre
The problem with t.A.T.u. doesn't lie in their music, that has been made so far - the problem is that the project is hanging up in the air if to speak of the heights they could reach only if they worked hard (management mostly) instead of cancelling, lying, giving a puppet-show. The level they reached required a more mature marketing concept. [/b]
I would be interested in their motive actually. If this what they are doing is some sort of test. If they want to have a good management .. I don't think its a big problem they can get it anytime .. what keeping them from that? ..just that .. I think they are practising some sort of 'freedom' from typical management .. that is why I think they are not so much into money .. but more into the philosophy and lifestyle ...and somehow .. they just go with the flow .. it makes them different ..

puppet-show? ... I'm not sure about that .. but probably they are seen like that from the typical 'mature marketing concept' point of view.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 07-02-2004, 18:19   #19
Участник

Thanks katbeidar

Old 07-02-2004, 20:50   #20
tATu - Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by xena225
Well, the "famous musician" (never heard of him by the way) probably wants to leech on tATu for his 15 minutes of fame as well (like so many others).
As too many others.