Unofficial site of group TATU


Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts


Without a Word/What if? some feel-good t.A.T.u "imagines"by BIF COB


ReplyPost New Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2020, 05:32   #1
BIFCOB BIFCOB is offline
BIF COB
 
BIFCOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Southern USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

Smile Without a Word/What if? some feel-good t.A.T.u "imagines"by BIF COB

Without a Word
(plus bonus feature) edgy fanfic style little writing piece by BIF COB

In honor of my episodic depression and apathy not bothering the shit out of me today, here is a little descriptive writing piece I wrote on a whim about the Ya Soshla S Uma music video in honor of its 20th birthday. Believe it or not, no matter how bad I'm feeling, t.A.T.u is always there for me. Perhaps because it's so nostalgic, and, I can't quite describe it, but their sound seems to "radiate love"... I don't know
We're kicking it real old school- t.A.T.u canon style. I hope you enjoy!

POV: You are Yulia

Picture this. It's a cold day in hell outside, and you're absolutely drenched in a deluge of rain running home from school, just after your last class. You can barely see through it, but you're trying to make it across the parking lot. You feel too cold to function, especially for a petite girl. You try to run but your bones and muscles feel as if they are locking up. You're shaking like a paint mixer all over. There's no cover to dry off under. There's barely any light in the sky, following the heavy grey of the downpour. You just want to get home, until, that is, you see your best friend Lena on the other side of the fence. The water has made her exceptionally thick blonde curls slicked down in a strangely pleasing manner. You feel that all-too-familiar feeling that you only get around her... Like perhaps you're more than friends? You decide, once and for all, that you know how you feel about her, regardless of what anyone else may say. Call it what it is. A real crush.

You've felt before like you're in a bad dream, like this isn't you- in what world would the love of your life ever be a girl? Neither your or her Catholic Russian parents would approve of this kind of thing-you feel it's forbidden to even talk about. But, for some reason, that's all gone now. You're completely unphased, like you know this is right. You finally catch up with her. Before you speak, you silently yet rather roughly latch your arms around each other's bodies in the freezing, slushy rain, right there in the middle of the parking lot. You both are happy to see each other, and share the same feeling of wanting safety and warmth immediately, from anywhere. Though she's similarly soaked and shaking from the bite of the weather, you can feel Lena's body heat as you press her tightly against you. It's comfortable. It gives you those damned goosebumps and butterflies.

Your mutually strong and beautiful hug feels like a tranquil, enjoyable moment of peace despite your gloomy, nasty surroundings. Now you're just staring at each other, inches away, for what feels like an eternity. It's a few seconds. You feel an adrenaline rush coming on. You don't know why. Has this rain changed you? Or her? You begin to realize, despite hugging already, your head is still moving closer to hers, but that she's also slowly craning her neck toward you. Suddenly you wonder, what are you two doing? Are you going to...

Without another thought, you close your eyes and press your lips on hers. It's your first kiss. Yet it's so fluid, it's as if you've practiced it a million times. Almost as if some force drew you two together.

Not in a polite or funny way, your head is turned in such a way to kiss her deeply and hard. Your heart pounds out of your chest as you try to control the deep, deliberate breaths out of your nose. What is going on? Why did you two do this? You mean, you wanted to do it, but, did she? So why did she-... Your endless thoughts and anxieties are taken by Lena's lips. You realize only two things matter: This feels so right and you don't want it to end. The feeling is utterly incomparable, like you're actually flying. No matter where you went in life, you'd never feel this exact emotion again. In that moment, you aren't cold and there is no rain. There are no disapproving parents and there is no internal identity crisis that's been bugging you for months now, about your same-sex crush. There are no problems at all anymore. Nothing else matters because you are each other's world, and time stands still. In this infinite moment, you realize the magic of almost telepathically communicating your once-secret crush on your best friend, who somehow reciprocates the feeling. Like when two atoms build up speed until they collide with each other at maximum velocity, going opposite directions, and produce a beautiful blooming pattern that nothing ever before could have created- but with your hearts.

In this moment, you kiss Lena hard. You don't care if it's a silly crush from school. You don't care if it might ruin your friendship, strengthen it tenfold or what you two "are" now. You don't care how badly it may hurt one day if Lena leaves you, or if her interest in women is a passing fancy. You don't care about your future, how long you'll be with her, what your parents think, whether you're straight and curious, gay, or bisexual. You just feel as if whatever God exists put you on Earth for this very moment.

Finally, you pull away. You two still haven't exchanged a word yet. You have no idea how to begin reacting to or explaining what you just did. You're no longer cold, purely from your own internal temperature shifting, and the rain has miraculously let up a little. You're so overwhelmed, you feel like you could pass out cold. Before you do, you focus on looking at Lena one last time, and she looks like a goddess, even more beautiful than before you kissed her. Your vision starts to blur and you feel lightheaded... but suddenly, Lena laughs. The unmistakable, unrestrained, high-pitch joy of a schoolgirl. You instantly sober up. You look at her eyes again. She's grinning. You realize you're grinning too. You both laugh some more. You also notice the parking lot is way more populated than you thought it was, there were all different kinds of people on the other side of that fence. Still, that doesn't matter. In comparison to Lena, they all seem like cardboard cutouts to you.

Without you even noticing, Lena clasps your hand and begins to lead you away quickly. You're both laughing so giddily. You run home together so fast you're pretty much skipping, even in this terrible weather. You have no idea what kind of other memories you're going to make with her, but one thing's for sure, there's nothing quite like this one.

Bonus Feature: "What if?"
A speculation piece by BIFCOB

This is just me talking.

Come on, it's 2020. You know how crazy it is nowadays, it's been this way for a while, and things are only getting crazier by the day. Would it really be so absurd if Lena and Yulia are present-day beefing, because, despite what they did with t.A.T.u, despite putting on a gay act for years before, despite the controversy it caused, despite their faith, their families, all they've been through, all the countless years they've spent apart, all the vicious fighting they've had upon being face-to-face since 2011, they're repressing legitimate feelings for each other? Would that be so crazy? Yulia said before that she was bisexual, and something along the lines of if she wasn't dating her boyfriend she'd "still be with Lena." I have a feeling, at least in that heyday, no one else could make them feel quite like the other could. Nowadays, grudgy Lena wants to claim "they were never friends," which is very blatantly untrue, as they were best friends who loved one another for the majority of their lives even today. Even if Lena hates Yulia's guts today and wants to forget all about her, there was undeniably a time where she didn't, that was the majority of her life. You and I both know Lena wakes up in cold sweats at least sometimes.

Now imagine this. They begin talking again, but don't tell anyone. For just a moment, they learn to be civil, and emotions start gushing all around. So many things are forgiven on both sides. Lots of tears. They spend more and more time together and realize how much they truly mean to each other. They become attached until they have to address the elephant in the room. They realize they're more than just friends. They shock the world by getting married in quiet. Their children become best friends and close siblings. Once the press finds out, they are immediately thrown back into the limelight. Two Russian Pop Stars Who Faked Being Gay In The Early 2000's Are Now In An Actual Gay Relationship. I don't know about you, but that's nowhere near the wildest headline I could imagine these days. In response to the attention, they call up their old pal Trevor to write some new music, and release a new album with a killer tracklist. The album is called Let Nazad- лет назад- "Years Ago"- in reference to the now-nostalgic sound and lesbian aesthetic resembling original t.A.T.u. The first track sounds a little like YSSU, but with a techno-rock backing track that's serious headbanging rave material. They name it something admittedly corny like "I Can't Fight It". It's so catchy, it hits #1 on billboards around the world, creating new listeners who have to ask "t.A.T.u? Who's that?" And, boy, now we have some story to tell them. This prompts t.A.T.u to go on multiple more world tours again, in which they never sing a single lyric without holding hands. Yulia tries her best and they make new parts that are easier for her to sing which actually sound good. The fans understand. They kiss and hug hard during instrumentals. The crowd gives them a screaming, standing ovation, seeing them kiss for the first time in over 20 years. We get more interviews and cool BTS footage. They're the same old gals whether realize or not. They still love to mess with each other, dance, sing, roughhouse, tease and tell jokes. They play at the park like in Yulia's dream. They have a little spat here and there but can no longer imagine life without each other. When they sit down, Yulia's arm always goes right around the back of Lena's neck. They do this for years more to come until they feel their bodies have given out. Singing is their destiny. When they finally and reluctantly retire, they buy a nice little place in the woods, where it's just them and nature. Their children have grown up and moved out. They grow old together. They like to sit on their front porch, and drown their hair in hydrogen peroxide every week, like Lena said in Podnebesnaya. They croak to each other "Do you remember that time we..." a million times a day. They never run out of stories. They apologize to each other about the fights they had and the periods they went without communication. The other always wearily nods, as they've both completely forgiven the other but still feel a little guilty. Some days, they open fan mail and tear up at the softly-spoken, kind and genuine words their fans, of all creeds, sexes, religions, nationalities, and ages have sent them. They've improved so many lives with their music. Lena's old, frail hand is still tightly held between both of Yulia's hands on her lap. No one could be happier. We don't know how we got here, but everyone's dreams became true.

Probable? Not in the slightest.
Possible? Absolutely. Don't forget that.

If you read both of these, I love you! Please give me feedback or recommendations if you'd like more as I'd love to write more! This came to me randomly and I guess it's kind of silly, but it means a lot that someone would even read it. Fuck depression. t.A.T.u forever
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me about anything. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 09:57   #2
Qirek Qirek is offline
Участник
 
Qirek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Spain
Gender: Female
Posts: 113

First of all, I hope you can get over your depression with the help you need, and with family and friends around to support you.

Secondly, I loved it I always tend to imagine how the concert of their comeback would be, maybe you can add that to your next story!! I have a clear image of how it would be if I was asked to manage the performance and the stage arrangements, but I’d like to hear from other fans: how have you been imagining their comeback concert would be??
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:09   #3
BIFCOB BIFCOB is offline
BIF COB
 
BIFCOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Southern USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

Thank you so much!! Yes I'll definitely keep writing about the comeback concert and I'm so glad you gave your feedback on this

I imagine their comeback concert would feature some things like: Beautiful and unique outfits as always (like at the olympics and All About Us) maybe a big screen up on the ceiling behind them giving a slide show of their greatest achievements and many pictures of them when they were younger, colored lights, they'd hold hands at least once and the concert would most likely be held in Russia. I think it would be very sweet and wistful if they included mock snow or rain also, like in their old music videos. Could use soap suds or a little sprinkler LOL.

And also, thank you for the well wishes! From the short little conversation we had earlier I think I can tell you are a very kind person Qirek and I appreciate it greatly. It's one of the things I love most about this community and sharing with you guys. t.A.T.u kind of numbs the pain a little bit because they take me right back to childhood.

But I'd really like to hear you describe how you'd design their comeback concert set, also!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me about anything. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:35   #4
Qirek Qirek is offline
Участник
 
Qirek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Spain
Gender: Female
Posts: 113

I’ll write it down when I get home (I’m at work right now), although generally speaking, I think we agree in quite a lot regarding their comeback concert
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 19:40   #5
BIFCOB BIFCOB is offline
BIF COB
 
BIFCOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Southern USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qirek View Post
I’ll write it down when I get home (I’m at work right now), although generally speaking, I think we agree in quite a lot regarding their comeback concert
Oh, for sure- that's great
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me about anything. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 22:30   #6
Qirek Qirek is offline
Участник
 
Qirek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Spain
Gender: Female
Posts: 113

So as you said, I'd use a big screen behind them on stage. The concert (without them on stage) would start with no lights, only pictures and videos showing on the big screen. These images would be accompanied by some parts of their songs (maybe instrumentals, or fading vocals), mixed with their voices in interviews... [EXAMPLE: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-CQlLLp...web_copy_link]. I’ve always imagined it with a Show Me Love background, but mixed with voices and other songs. At the end of the "presentation" fans would hear the sound of the phone and "алло?".

[To be continued tomorrow, because it's almost midnight ]

Last edited by Qirek; 09-09-2020 at 10:12.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 14:37   #7
BIFCOB BIFCOB is offline
BIF COB
 
BIFCOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Southern USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qirek View Post
So as you said, I'd use a big screen behind them on stage. The concert (without them on stage) would start with no lights, only pictures and videos showing on the big screen. These images would be accompanied by some parts of their songs (maybe instrumentals, or fading vocals), mixed with their voices in interviews... [EXAMPLE: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-CQlLLp...web_copy_link]. I’ve always imagined it with a Show Me Love background, but mixed with voices and other songs. At the end of the "presentation" fans would hear the sound of the phone and "алло?".

[To be continued tomorrow, because it's almost midnight ]
Continue whenever you want, because I love your description, it's quite exciting to imagine I always thought the "ало?" At the beginning of Show me Love was so epic... and your idea to mix lyrics with voices and instrumentals, would create kind of a "nostalgic" effect, very sweet!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me about anything. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 11:18   #8
Qirek Qirek is offline
Участник
 
Qirek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Spain
Gender: Female
Posts: 113

Sorry!! I meant to continue yesterday, but I was exhausted

Among the conversations I’d use, there’d be the one in 30 minutes (https://youtu.be/9imHOV1KzPY) and of course their LAUGHTER. And I’ add some of the demos to honour them. Well, I think you already have a clear idea about the presentation. Let’s move on to their entrance

The entrance must be LEGENDARY!! It’s their comeback concert, their first appearance after so many years apart. I’ve been thinking about it thoroughly. We all know they’ve had different ways to start a concert/performance (there are ones more spectacular than others, I agree):

1. On a truck https://youtu.be/PMI_kNiDpe0 (here you can also see what we talked about the screen, although I wouldn’t put a fast-paced beat, I want the audience to feel nostalgic, so I’d use a more-relaxed one).
2. On bikes: https://youtu.be/ZlaAFEuRYoA (not their arrival to a concert, but well)
3. Down the aisle with dozens of girls: https://youtu.be/4khTvsq1pik
4. On a big platform: https://youtu.be/8ulWwcgo2gQ
5. After a great dose of instrumentals: https://youtu.be/0umd3C5dvrQ
6. In the middle of an army: https://youtu.be/wgvlU4DgYTg
7. Or just being on the stage with an evocative element (fences, for example): https://youtu.be/gB53a2KzpKE / https://youtu.be/EwRCIqvilnw

So there are a few ways they haven’t used so far (correct me if I’m wrong):
1. “Flying”.
2. On a lifting platform.
3. Others I can’t think of right now.

Depending on how afraid of heights they are, I’d give preference to the first one. So there’d be on a platform over the fans’ heads, where Yulia and Lena would stand or sit, fastened with safety harnesses. Remember lights are out, so no one really knows what’s happening. The presentation’s over, no images, no music, no voices, no sound... After a few seconds of silence following "алло?", Lena says "алло?" too. No one can see her. Suddenly the big screen’s on again and it shows them having this memorable conversation on the phone. (There are 2 options here) 1. It’s the premiere of the Show Me Love clip (not the one they recorded, but another one) with live voices and music. 2. When they finish the conversation, Lena starts to sing “can you see me now?”. As they sing the song, Clowns surround the crowd, making their way to the stage, while Yulia and Lena start to fly down (“see me here, in the air...”).

Last edited by Qirek; 10-09-2020 at 16:34.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2020, 18:39   #9
BIFCOB BIFCOB is offline
BIF COB
 
BIFCOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Southern USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qirek View Post
Sorry!! I meant to continue yesterday, but I was exhausted

Among the conversations I’d use, there’d be the one in 30 minutes (https://youtu.be/9imHOV1KzPY) and of course their LAUGHTER. And I’ add some of the demos to honour them. Well, I think you already have a clear idea about the presentation. Let’s move on to their entrance

The entrance must be LEGENDARY!! It’s their comeback concert, their first appearance after so many years apart. I’ve been thinking about it thoroughly. We all know they’ve had different ways to start a concert/performance (there are ones more spectacular than others, I agree):

1. On a truck https://youtu.be/PMI_kNiDpe0 (here you can also see what we talked about the screen, although I wouldn’t put a fast-paced beat, I want the audience to feel nostalgic, so I’d use a more-relaxed one).
2. On bikes: https://youtu.be/ZlaAFEuRYoA (not their arrival to a concert, but well)
3. Down the aisle with dozens of girls: https://youtu.be/4khTvsq1pik
4. On a big platform: https://youtu.be/8ulWwcgo2gQ
5. After a great dose of instrumentals: https://youtu.be/0umd3C5dvrQ
6. In the middle of an army: https://youtu.be/wgvlU4DgYTg
7. Or just being on the stage with an evocative element (fences, for example): https://youtu.be/gB53a2KzpKE / https://youtu.be/EwRCIqvilnw

So there are a few ways they haven’t used so far (correct me if I’m wrong):
1. “Flying”.
2. On a lifting platform.
3. Others I can’t think of right now.

Depending on how afraid of heights they are, I’d give preference to the first one. So there’d be on a platform over the fans’ heads, where Yulia and Lena would stand or sit, fastened with safety harnesses. Remember lights are out, so no one really knows what’s happening. The presentation’s over, no images, no music, no voices, no sound... After a few seconds of silence following "алло?", Lena says "алло?" too. No one can see her. Suddenly the big screen’s on again and it shows them having this memorable conversation on the phone. (There are 2 options here) 1. It’s the premiere of the Show Me Love clip (not the one they recorded, but another one) with live voices and music. 2. When they finish the conversation, Lena starts to sing “can you see me now?”. As they sing the song, Clowns surround the crowd, making their way to the stage, while Yulia and Lena start to fly down (“see me here, in the air...”).
Hey Qirek, I meant to reply to this a few days ago, but I'm sorry, with feeling bad and doing college work and whatnot, I get distracted sometimes. But I LOVE your ideas If I was in a totally dark concert venue and I heard that "allo?" and I knew that Lena and Yulia were performing together again, the tears would come like a waterfall. t.A.T.u has made some wonderful sets in their time, and this would be an amazing addition!

Oh, it's things like these that make me wish from the bottom of my heart that the comeback really happens. It's more likely that it won't, but I'll always wish it will, and I'll always love both singers. But, who really knows? I'm glad to see a piece of your imagination and that you could see mine!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ask me about anything. The rabbit hole goes deeper.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2020, 21:33   #10
Qirek Qirek is offline
Участник
 
Qirek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Spain
Gender: Female
Posts: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIFCOB View Post
Hey Qirek, I meant to reply to this a few days ago, but I'm sorry, with feeling bad and doing college work and whatnot, I get distracted sometimes. But I LOVE your ideas If I was in a totally dark concert venue and I heard that "allo?" and I knew that Lena and Yulia were performing together again, the tears would come like a waterfall. t.A.T.u has made some wonderful sets in their time, and this would be an amazing addition!

Oh, it's things like these that make me wish from the bottom of my heart that the comeback really happens. It's more likely that it won't, but I'll always wish it will, and I'll always love both singers. But, who really knows? I'm glad to see a piece of your imagination and that you could see mine!
It was a total pleasure

We might not see their comeback, but we can always imagine it!! I'm working on a comic just to have something to read exactly the way I wanted their story to be in the past (no need to change the period the way together ), in the present and in the future

I hope we keep sharing ideas!!
  Reply With Quote
ReplyPost New Thread

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EuroVisionary talks t.A.T.u. robbie Discussions 3 27-08-2020 21:22
Request a video file here (Part 3) FiorE Share and Request 220 25-05-2017 01:24
Inofficiella FAQ om t.A.T.u forre The Official Scandinavian t.A.T.u. Fan Club 3 16-02-2003 22:27
Another good review! :) convol News and Events 8 27-01-2003 05:15
Old-New:: t.A.T.u. on Sylvia web. (Sweden) forre News and Events 1 31-12-2002 16:53



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:06.




© 2001-2008 Unofficial site of group TATU

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.