Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum News and Announcements

About the latest Tatysite downtime (aug. 2008)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 19:40   #1
Martian Eyes

About the latest Tatysite downtime (aug. 2008)

Igor posted a comment about what happened here.

Translated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor
Forum and site resumed their work

Tatysite is a site with a rich history of attack on the same spots. On July 20 the site fulfilled 7 years and practically each year we have some problems. This year was no exception and already for the second time we were forced to reassemble the site literally from scraps.

What happened this time?

One beautiful evening there occurred a shell exploit, with the aid of it the server has been cracked. The result of such cracking was the loss of all data on the server. How they invaded, who invaded, why they erased the data is a mystery as nothing remained on the server except the shell.

But where is the backup copy of site and forum?

The backup copy of forum and site has been made automatically with means of the administration panel of the server. That's the best mode to make a copy of both files and database. But because of my inadvertence the backup copy of tatysite has been created incorrectly. The cyrillic in the database appeared in wrong coding and remained in the copy as question-marks.

Look at this:
http://tatysite.net/forum_backup/

Unfortunately the data in Russian language were lost and the restoration of tatysite from fresh backup copy was impossible. Now site and forum are preserved in normal coding (unicode).

Which data exactly got lost?

Another time the forum has been restored from the backup copy of 14.06.2007. All data in Russian language after 14.06.2007 have been lost. The data in English and other languages can be discovered at the address http://tatysite.net/forum_backup/. I ask you to copy and, if possible, move your private messages and the most interesting and important posts. The data on the site have been restored from the cache of the search systems. For this a big thank you to them.

How to know whether I have to register again?

If you registered on the forum after 14.06.2007 then you have to do it again, unfortunately. You can use the 'Search' and/or the section 'Members' for searching your account.

I changed my nick on the forum, but now I don't know. What to do?

All sections of the forum are open for reading for the guests. Go to the topics where you participated and find yourself.

I changed the password of the account, but now I don't remember. What to do?

Use the system of password renewal.

What will be further with site and forum?

The majority of sites lose their data (all the more repeatedly) and with time pass away. Users lose interest, don't want to register again and go away to other ressources. This is a normal occurrence and you can't do anything against it. Maybe we will expect the same. The next months will show and then there will be made a resume.

I want to apologize another time for the loss of data and thank you for your support and interest in tatysite. Thank you.
Discussion Thread

Last edited by forre; 17-09-2008 at 13:52.
ReplyPost New Thread