Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

"Lost And Delirious" - Movie about 2 schoolgirls in love

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 17:43   #1

"Lost And Delirious" - Movie about 2 schoolgirls in love

Hey. I'm wondering if someone in here have seen "Lost and Delirious"? So I can disuss the movie with someone.
Old 12-03-2003, 22:20   #2
The Dream is Over, :~(

Well, I have.
Hee, it's Canadian.

Anyhoo, I probably would've liked the movie more had it not refer to Shakespeare oh-so many times.

Nonetheless, it was a nice film.
Old 13-03-2003, 07:02   #3

Yeah, and the end was not good either.
~~~~~~~~~~~

MySpace
Old 13-03-2003, 08:42   #4
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
i saw it...and umm i didn't like it..too tragic..in a bad way..they went way overboard for me
Old 13-03-2003, 17:24   #5

yeah..I thought it was going to be better before I had seen it. Well well.. so do you have any movie to recommend?
~~~~~~~~~~~

MySpace
Old 13-03-2003, 20:02   #6
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
Have you seen the movie Aimee & Jaguar..now that is a great movie..based on a true story about two women that fall for each other during the Holocoust (sp) and one women is Jewish and the other women is the wife of a Nazi Soldier...

Also its in German so if you dont understand it you will be reading subtitleds..

But I highly recommend this movie!
Old 14-03-2003, 01:16   #7

Regarding the same genre as L&D, I recommend Mulholland Drive. It's from David Lynch, so you know you're not going to get the movie, just enjoy it for what it is.

As well, Heavenly Creatures. But that one is kind of sad as well.

For more recs you could always check out the Best Gay Movies Thread .
Old 14-03-2003, 01:35   #8
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Mullholand Drive is just GREAT. although it takes forever to understand this lynch's film.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 14-03-2003, 02:52   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by uhaku
Mullholand Drive is just GREAT. although it takes forever to understand this lynch's film.
I think it is the best film he has ever done. That is saying a lot, yo.

I honestly don't think you are supposed to understand it.
In any case, can you please submit your interpretation of the movie.

Mine is that the entire movie consists of fragments of Diane's dream right before she dies (it is at the beginning so I'm not spoiling it for people who haven't seen the movie). The dream in question is made up of elements from her reality. Of course this allows excuses for the movie not to make sense. I personally think that Diane is dreaming in the second half of the movie, the first half is a dream within the dream of the second half.
Whoa... yeah alright I think I make sense.

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 14-03-2003 at 03:04.
Old 14-03-2003, 06:35   #10
Uhaku's alter ego

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Mine is that the entire movie consists of fragments of Diane's dream right before she dies (it is at the beginning so I'm not spoiling it for people who haven't seen the movie). The dream in question is made up of elements from her reality. Of course this allows excuses for the movie not to make sense. I personally think that Diane is dreaming in the second half of the movie, the first half is a dream within the dream of the second half.
Whoa... yeah alright I think I make sense.
well, u ask for my interpretation. here is mine. a little different from urs though.

i think the first half of the film was diane's dream. and the second half was the reality which lead right to her death at the end. right after she opened that blue box, a pandora box, i think, she woke up from her dream (so did the audiences) and reality kicked in.

the first half was the dream she relived it in the way she wanted it to be. happy, successful and in love. while in reality, everything was just the opposite. while i didn't understand why certain side characters acted the way they did in the film, i didn't think it was that important. (but i'm sure Lynch had his reasons for it). because in the end, i think Lynch had successfully made a good point about this film. it's a tragic love story. simple as it may sound, the impression i got after watching it was like i just watched someone's real life falling apart. the film was full of nothing that made sense, but the second half made it all seemed real. the pain felt real to me.

one thing i heard though was that the old couple Diane met at the airport was her parents. as u could see in the first half of the movie, they were strangers to each other, but had nice conversation/casual relationship together. (this could be the way Diane wanted her relationship with her parents) while, in the second half, the old couple came to haunt her and lead to her suicide. it just made sense if the old couple were there to tell something about Diane's childhood. maybe her parents were treating her bad? maybe they were the reason that made Diane grew up to be so insecure? i'm not sure. it's just a thought. only Lynch has the answer to everything!!!

Edit to say: forgot to say i love heavenly creature as well. that was a really good film. for those who don't know, the director of Lord of the Ring directed this one, too.

Last edited by Uhaku; 14-03-2003 at 06:58.
Old 14-03-2003, 20:01   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by uhaku
Only Lynch has the answer to everything!!!
I don't think even he knows the answers. Too many drags from the crackpipe if you ask me.
Old 14-03-2003, 20:59   #12
Uhaku's alter ego

as a filmmaker, the director must know the answers even if the audiences don't. that's the way i was taught. ^_^ let's go stalk Lynch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 16-03-2003, 22:36   #13

I found a site that interprets the entire movie to the best of its ability. Then there is a Q&A thing on this site.

However, it is just an opinion. There are still some things left unanswered. It's damn informative though.

Do not go to these sites if you haven't seen Mulholland Drive yet. Even if you don't care for spoilers don't visit the site, it'll ruin your movie experience, especially with a movie like this .

Last edited by PowerPuff Grrl; 16-03-2003 at 22:44.
Old 18-03-2003, 18:08   #14
Участник

Send a message via ICQ to Татуфэнка Send a message via MSN to Татуфэнка Send a message via Yahoo to Татуфэнка
flu0525, I have seen this film here in Russia at summer 2002. In cinemas it was name or translated like Not gonna get us or better to so Them not gonna get. It's 1 of my favourit film and i ask about that film Lena and Yulia , they like it too.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Why did i hide my emotions...undefinedundefined
Old 18-03-2003, 19:53   #15

Oh so they have seen that movie too
When and where did you asked them that?
~~~~~~~~~~~

MySpace
Old 29-03-2003, 03:24   #16
Новенький

Well regarding the topic, I saw the ending of Lost and Delirious today. So I'm kinda pissed. It seems like a really good movie and I hate it when I catch the very end without seeing the rest. Although it's on the HBO channels for a bit but at all the inconvenient times! Grrr. Ah well, I'll see it soon and get back to you on what I think of it.
Old 10-04-2003, 19:11   #17
Участник

Mullholand Drive

Was realy good. Althoug, like mentioned in prev. posts, kind of hard to understand.
I would highly recommend it.
As for L and D, it was ok. Question .... What were they reading and who was it by?
Old 11-04-2003, 00:08   #18

Depends, alot of thngs were cited in that movie, most of them from Shakespeare (which really spoiled the movie for me).

Shakespeare's MacBeth was used right before when Paulie told the old lady to "go f*ck yourself sideways."

It was that line that got to me.
I mean, like, sideways?
As opposed to forward?
What?!
Old 11-04-2003, 00:45   #19
Участник

Yea

I thought that was Hilarious!
The teacher was just like, in shock!
Old 23-09-2003, 20:50   #20
viva la scientology!

Lost & Delirious

I just saw this movie the other night, and I noticed how much it goes along with the song "show me love." I have yet to see the movie 'show me love' that everyone talks about, so it may be just like Lost and Delirious. It's the story between 2 girls at a boarding school who share a secret love affair. When the younger sister of one girl discovers them in bed, she threatens to tell her family. The girl is so scared that she denies everything, ever her love for the other. The other girl (played by Piper Perabo from Coyote Ugly) falls apart. All she wants is the other to show her affection. All her attempts are shot down and she never recovers. She decides to jump from the school's roof to get her love's attention. It's sad, but it helps you realize how easily you can hurt someone who loves you. So if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching, and just keep in mind "show me love".

And in one scene Piper even says something along the lines of: "Lesbians?! We're not Lesbians! We just love each other!"

That sounds oddly familiar...

Last edited by cirrus; 23-09-2003 at 20:56.
ReplyPost New Thread