Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Computer help thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:21   #41

Quote:
the easy one and the computer registry one with which you don't want to mess unless you're big on moving REG key stuff
Ok. Don't mess with your registry unles you are SURE you KNOW what you are doing! You can mess up you're entire OS if you aren't careful. But, sometimes hijacks go undetected by spyware detection programs and you might have to. If you aren't sure if you should delete it or not, don't. You can try asking me if the folder should be deleted, I can usually tell. Some things to look for are random folders where internet/personal files go, and the folders names should be filled with numbers, like 1316, or longer, like 124K08JH35.

Those are pretty good darje. I had found a pretty good online one not to long ago, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Last edited by goku; 08-01-2004 at 06:28.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:02   #42
Harrumph.

goku, generally a hijacker is a robot, right? But it must be disguised as something else because it sure as hell didn't show up in my SpyBot when I worked on IE. So how do you actually detect it?
Old 08-01-2004, 07:50   #43
winter days ...

another fairly good popup blocker is googles toolbar. its not spyware, its lets you do google searches without going to the google website and it allows you to block popups or allow them as you see fit

toolbar.google.com i believe is the place to download it.

for removing spyware ad-aware rules the freeware roost imho
Old 08-01-2004, 07:55   #44
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
rosh - that was the first one i installed. it works really well, only i got so many it got overloaded. so far ... 2117 blocked
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 08-01-2004, 09:43   #45
we shout

Thanks everyone that contribute to this thread ..

goku, very interesting/useful infomattion about the the linksys router. Can you tell more detail about the firewall part of the rounter. If possible may I see the screen shot of the firewall configuration. thank you

I used SpyBot after going crazy with the GAIN, GATOR, XuPITER nCASE ..what else .. grrrr.....

SpyBot clean pretty well.. and I also "Immunized" the computer I felt peaceful after that ...
then I used CSWSchredder - to doublecheck -- more info --> (http://www.merijn.org/cwschronicles.html) ..

....however still somehow .. yesterday .. the Xupiter managed to get into my computer again . somehow .. I must have clicked something somewhere accidently...

So I ran the SpyBot again and Immunized again .. then felt peaceful again . . thank you for this free program.

and just now I just scan my computer with AdWare since Tina said its better ..and AdWare just figured there are 89 things need to cleaned from my registery .. so okay .. I click Quaratine .. and pray next time I reboot this machine ..it can boot up ..

Prostrel .. you can try either SpyBot or Adware.. *ahem* .. tho I'm sure Prostrel already done this .. and I wonder why she is not online yet ,,, with any feedback .. .. they are good .. dont worry .. incase your computer cannot boot .. you can always sent it to computer shop. da..

I got that 'white hand' pop- up stopper too . thanks Darje ..BUT .. I tested it at Greg's website . the pop up still there http://www.tatusongs.cjb.net/
..doesn't work.. . just have to becareful still .. NOT to click on the [OK] button.

PS: oh I noticed .. I think the Pop-up Blockers.... blocks some pop ups .. but not all ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Last edited by denial; 08-01-2004 at 10:25.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:43   #46
you'll need love

darje, welcome you to the team
Everyone who knows stuff or doesn't know the right stuff are welcome to join it.

Quote:
it works really well, only i got so many it got overloaded. so far ... 2117 blocked
YIKS.. the places you go to hopefully it still works
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 08-01-2004, 16:17   #47
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by denial
Prostrel .. you can try either SpyBot or Adware.. *ahem* .. tho I'm sure Prostrel already done this .. and I wonder why she is not online yet ,,, with any feedback ..
mrs Shapovalov , you must be joking... It takes me hours just to read all these helpful instructions here and try to understand them and then actually using them...

But, I did succeed to get rid off that stupid "thko" page! Yes, yes, yes! I used this:

Quote:
Any and all changes made to your system are clearly stated in the terms and conditions and are fully uninstallable via the 'Help' then 'uninstall' option on any of our software applications. Additionally a separate uninstall program may be downloaded here (from: link to site)
I have tried this one before but didn`t get any results, just this sound "PLING" when I clicked uninstall button, so I thought that this uninstalling thing is just a prank or maybe a some kind of virus. But now I found out how did it work.
I`m in heaven... no, in Utopia.

Quote:
Re-read this bit.. lol.. And no need to kiss hands and legs or anything..
TLFdk I just wanted to show you how greatfull I am. But, the main thing is that you actually opened this thread, without this there would not be this great back up-team either. Thanks for all of you who are in this great back up-team!
Old 08-01-2004, 16:31   #48
you'll need love

prostrel, feel free to add me to MSN, yahoo, or ICQ.. I'll guide you through if troubles occour, and if I know how to help.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 08-01-2004, 16:42   #49
we shout

prostrel, well done ..I'm so proud of you .. LoL ..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 08-01-2004, 17:27   #50
Bitchka

Mac help needed

ok, I need help, but for the Mac....esp. from someone that used graphics programs (haku, I am counting on you, he he):

so the Mac is G4. The OS was X2.8 and everything was working fine. Then I installed Adobe Creative Suite - Premium (so Adobe Photoshop CS (8), Illustrator CS (11), Acrobat Professional CS (6) InDesign CS (3) and GoLive CS (7) ).... and things got messed up. And I have no idea if it was the OS, the programs... drives... whatever... this is what would happen: I would be working in FormZ and it would FREEZE! and i wont be able to Force Quit.. the cursor wont even be moving. Then i was on the internet and it would FREEZE again! VektorWorks - FREEZE again!

...so then.. i thought maybe it was the OS system... so bought the OS X3. took off everything off.. did a clean installation... installed FormZ.. did NOT install the Photoshop Suite yet... and everything was working FINE! absolutely no problems....

..next step... installed The Adobe Suite... and FREEZE! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh so at this point i know it must be the adobe.

...so i took off the whole suite off the comp.. and everything worked FINE again!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... so i really dont know what the problem is! why wouldnt adobe work properly? any ideas?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 08-01-2004 at 17:34.
Old 08-01-2004, 17:57   #51
winter days ...

cools : doing some searches, does the install freeze too ? i found a doc that deals with freezes during installs, dont know if that would help at all :

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/32186.htm

will keep searching for your specific error tho !
Old 08-01-2004, 18:14   #52
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by rosh
cools : doing some searches, does the install freeze too ? i found a doc that deals with freezes during installs, dont know if that would help at all :

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/32186.htm

will keep searching for your specific error tho !
oh thanks rosh very much
...no, absolutelly no troubles during installation...
....the mac belongs to the guy i work for, one of my x-professors.. and he read everything possible online about adobe.. about the OS... what might be the problem... and there is NOTHING about it.

oh, forgot to add before... after we took off the adobe from the comp, we ran the Norton Utilities disk.. and it found bunch of problems..and fixed them.. but i dont remember names.. it was something with file location/sharing. so we think maybe the problems comes from the new adobe suite.. it has this brand new thing... about file locaion/sharing... maybe it is messing something up.. but why and what and how.. we DONT know.

..we though next step would be to install the suite without that part.. i forgot what it's called CS or something... and see if that helps
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:37   #53
we shout

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
Pop-up Blockers:
http://download.com.com/3000-7786-10...ml?tag=lst-0-5 <<< Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition, it doesn't carry any spyware with itself and stops bugsome popups.
Help .. can some one double check in this Pop Up blocker .. I think it did block the pop up but then open another IE instance to this URL ..http://www.searchwww.com/

Thank you in advance.
- Denial
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 09-01-2004, 04:32   #54

denial, does http://www.searchwww.com/ open up automatically when you sign on? (i.e. your home page).. or is it when you are just browsing..

It looks like you may have been hijacked and/or have spyware on your PC. Make sure you have the spyware cleaning progams mentioned earlier. The pop-up blocker looks safe, but I haven't checked it out to thoroughly because I need to be somewhere right now. A posibility is that some spyware could have been sent to the file you downloaded.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:09   #55
we shout

thanks goku, ..hmm.. yes .. I noticed that my "default homepage" was changed to that URL .. .. the only site I went to so far today is tatysite ... if its not the Pop up Blocker ..then must be the Adware yesterday I installed it ..

*loads her short gun to start another hunt*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me
Old 09-01-2004, 05:55   #56
Harrumph.

denial, every shareware I use is double checked, at least because before using it I used a not trusthworthy one. Don't worry, I'm trustworthy when I give urls for software.

coolasfcuk, something similar happened to me when I was installing Enter the Matrix. The trouble MIGHT be your reader if you're installing it from CD (but as Mac is much more careful about their hardware, medoubts it). The trouble then might be the installer. O_o
Old 09-01-2004, 05:57   #57
My Waking Hour

I have pop-up stopper but it works so and so.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:04   #58
iMod

coolasfcuk

I looked for your problem and couldn't find any similar cases, this is strange.

The problem definitely comes from Adobe though, and yeah, you're right, the CS Suite has a new element called Version Cue which allows different users to work on the same file at the same time. It's new and i don't know how stable it is. You should try to install only the regular applications without Version Cue to see if things work correctly (people who don't buy the complete suite don't get Version Cue so it's definitely optional).

But i'm basically saying what you said so i'm not of any help, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 09-01-2004, 07:12   #59
Bitchka

darje, haku, thanks for helping ..
Quote:
Originally posted by haku
you're right, the CS Suite has a new element called Version Cue which allows different users to work on the same file at the same time. It's new and i don't know how stable it is. You should try to install only the regular applications without Version Cue to see if things work correctly
yessss! that's what it was called - the new thing - Im horrible with names....
..so, that's what we'll do next - install the Suite without the Version Cue, since we dont really need it - its not like we have big network - i will be working on the files alone
...will report what happened - will be working on it this weeken, wish me luck
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:55   #60
winter days ...

*wishes cools luck* hehe let us know how it goes. i havent touched a mac since 1998 *groan*
ReplyPost New Thread