Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Lena Katina

Lena Katina Solo Project

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-07-2010, 01:41   #861
Участник

that's bitchy of her, but Yulia is far more interesting...I downloaded the song off Lena's website and only listened to 50 seconds of it and never played it again.
Old 22-07-2010, 09:43   #862
Участник

Unfortunately, I think podnebesnya is right... I'm pretty sure I will LOVE Yulia's new music, even though I am super pissed at her and I think she is kind of a bitch for being mean to the sweetest girl on earth
Old 22-07-2010, 09:46   #863
Postmodern

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nugTJ423i58
Old 22-07-2010, 12:11   #864
Участник

Thanks
Old 22-07-2010, 15:16   #865
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
You see it clearly:

Lena Katina (project) = t.A.T.u. - Yulia

Yulia Volkova = Yulia Volkova
About the bold part: not really. You didn't watch the whole performances, did ya?

I see Lena's songs as something coming from the BAND, not RENSKI. The sound is just NOT t.A.T.u.! It's not that electronical, non-sense storm of beats we last got. It's different. It's kinda blah, yeah, kinda stopped, kinda... Lena. But it's still good, quite and advance from what I expected. I think two of the songs are top-liners and the rest are good -- they're not bad. None of them you listen and think "oh, I hate it".

I think people like you spend too much time blaming Renski for everything and forget Lena's solo project is not REALLY an embodiment of his visions and ideas. Of course he's part of it, but he sure isn't the head.

And I belive such people as Argos could respect Lena more, because she's not a lost frog in the night without a mom.
She can handle herself and YES, she needs to get MUCH better - but she's on the way, at least. 2010 Lena is far far ahead of 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005 Lena AND Yulia. And present Yulia, of course.
Old 22-07-2010, 17:14   #866
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
About the bold part: not really. You didn't watch the whole performances, did ya?

I see Lena's songs as something coming from the BAND, not RENSKI. The sound is just NOT t.A.T.u.! It's not that electronical, non-sense storm of beats we last got. It's different. It's kinda blah, yeah, kinda stopped, kinda... Lena. But it's still good, quite and advance from what I expected. I think two of the songs are top-liners and the rest are good -- they're not bad. None of them you listen and think "oh, I hate it".

I think people like you spend too much time blaming Renski for everything and forget Lena's solo project is not REALLY an embodiment of his visions and ideas. Of course he's part of it, but he sure isn't the head.

And I belive such people as Argos could respect Lena more, because she's not a lost frog in the night without a mom.
She can handle herself and YES, she needs to get MUCH better - but she's on the way, at least. 2010 Lena is far far ahead of 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005 Lena AND Yulia. And present Yulia, of course.
Amen to this!
Old 22-07-2010, 19:43   #867
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
at least. 2010 Lena is far far ahead of 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005 Lena AND Yulia. And present Yulia, of course.
I think 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005 Yulia AND Lena were far far ahead of 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 and 2000 Yulia AND Lena. Just listen to D&M, LI, Happy Smiles and Waste Management and look at the concerts and you’ll see too.
Old 22-07-2010, 20:59   #868
Martian Eyes

The birth of the Lena Katina project wasn't out of heart, it was the only thinkable way to act after Yulya left the group. I don't believe that Renskij or Lena had any vision or concept about it when they started. Lena suddenly had no 'job' and Renskij was without his project, which is, as far as I know, pretty much his only occupation, if we put aside his dedication to Russian spaceflight and charity activities.

Yulya wanted to move to the USA and build up her career there. Of course she wanted to get the tatu musicians to help her and work together as a band. Renskij knew it, he was faster and took the band. They are not enough successful that they would easily reject his well paid offers. As we know Renskij and Katina came to LA with no song, no concept, no anything. The goal was just to avert Yulya getting the band and having a good chance for a start. This is not fair play, but understandable. A successful Yulya will kill the tatu project definitely. He acts as a business professional and we can't even blame him for that. The lack of his own strong input into the Katina project proves that he is realistic enough to doubt chances for Lena. His aim is still to save the tatu project, and for Lena the whole thing is an occupational therapy.

But somehow his calculations got wrong. Unexpectedly Yulya got the more than half a million dollars she needed to record her album and everything is on track. Renskij has to deal with the creative emptiness of the Katina project, has to keep the musicians in good mood and be in everything faster, better and more successful than Yulya to frustrate her enough that she will give up.

The Volkova project has to be a success for one reason: A project should never be grounded on destructivity and never should Renskij get the satisfaction that his tactics get rewarded. Of course this all made Yulya angry and when she saw the poor results of the efforts of the TA Music combo she kicked back, and she has all the right on Earth for this. Unfortunately, with her typical lack of sensibility, she hit the person who is to blame the least for that.

As for the Volkova project in particular: Yulya's part in recording the album seems to be done (there were hints in a Russian yellow press article) and the video to her first single in Malibu is probably shot too (Yulya's last trip to USA, which she hardly could await the last several weeks, as she told).

All those people mocking at her voice: I blame this simply on your malevolence. Yulya has proved numerous times that she can handle her problems most of the time. A hoarse voice isn't a big problem nowadays, a simple noise filter does wonders here. The sometimes occurring short failure of the vocal chords, when strained too much, may be a bigger problem, not good for a clean licked fairy pop act, but she won't do that crap, so she may work around quite well on her live performances, if she has smart ideas for such incidents.

The lips - the number one drama for people who have nothing else to say: there is a big fashion in Russia for those things and unfortunately Yulya didn't want to stay behind. I blame it on her sex-rock project for which she wanted to look more sexy. Obviously things went wrong, her body resists to this malefaction and she got edemas and inflammations. That makes the lips so big. Currently she has too much work to do to fix them, but I'm sure you'll see her with better looks in the near future and then you have to find other subjects for your spitefulness.

Back to Lena and her project. As already told, Renskij has no concept, the musicians, so good they are on their instruments, they are not the best in composing songs, not to mention in creating good lyrics. I see one song good enough as an album song, two others which could be pepped up to make fillers, the rest isn't worth any further work or even performance.

What I really see great, is the new version of 'Craving' - I adore it. 'Fly On The Wall', stripped off the horrible Timbaland sound, is now good for me too. The other tatu songs are of course something which can't fail. As Aileen already told - the anthems of tatu , NGGU, ATTSS, those songs should be performed by no means. Lena, the person who most of all regrets their former image, makes herself unbelievable and the aim to exploit (old!!!) tatu's image for her empty project is so obvious that it can only do damage.

What the project needs, I told it already on tatu.ru - Lena has to create her own image. Nobody can do it for her. The people around her are not competent at all for this. To be a star you don't have to be yourself, you have to create yourself, and it doesn't necessarily have much to do with your current self, more with your inner self, your desires, your own dream figure.

But Lena doesn't take the reins in her own hands and lets others decide , she does what others tell her, and she completely neglects her own wishes and needs just to please other people. In that respect my quote from above that she should have said: "Volkova, shut up!" would have given birth to Lena Katina, her own Lena Katina, not the one of mom, Renskij or the strange leftovers from the former tatu community. As long as she doesn't push away the people around her with her ellbows, jumps on a pedestal and shouts: "I am Lena Katina and I do what I like!", as long as she doesn't have this courage, the project will remain brain dead. From the moment she forms her own self the creative people in her team (Lena included), if there are some, will have a much better comprehension of the project and therefore can way better feel, create and produce, what's needed for a project with prospect. But so far the whole thing remains random and meaningless, from head to toe.

Finally quite a frustrated remark at the whole tatu community which zombies around here on the forums. It's very disturbing for me to see so many people (young people, that's even worse!) here to worship exaggerated politeness and considerateness, housewife mentality, submission and self-denial. How come that you became tatu-fans? Did you ever think about the meaning of the tatu project? Is there no more star at the Disney front to worship that you come here to annoy people with your moral hooliganism?
Old 22-07-2010, 23:55   #869
Участник

if lena was being polite and decent for the sake of fitting in the moral and fitting in the norms of a disneystar, then yes. but if it is her inner nature to deal with this calmly and respect >HER OWN< vision, her approach would be good i think. to me it is very immature to tell shut up volkova since it is done in a public way (not because it would be against the disney norm but because of the influence her words would have on volkova and the world). deal with those problems privately as it should be and stay true to her nature. imo she shouldnt let any factors influence her attitude and opinion besides her inner ones. If she would tell volkova to shut up it would only show her weakness to me. there is a difference between having a provocating statement and being rude plus doing unthoughtfull things.

about the yulia voice; for each their own but to me. she really has a horrible voice AND vocal skills. lena also doesnt have the best but to me at least is decent and less strained.
Old 23-07-2010, 03:10   #870
Участник

OK, Argos, thanks for this one.

Now, it's nice to hear those things form you. What I miss about t.A.T.u. is news. I google it and can't find a word about'em. Nothing. I don't know what's going on with Yulia and Lena is the only one who SEEMS to be doing anything at all.

So. Yulia's lips make me feel sad about her and lose hopes regarding her sanity. Things she says also do. But it's not that I dislike her. And I'm sure everyone here does NOT dislike Yulia. That's strong. Everyone loves t.A.T.u. and Yulia IS t.A.T.u. - maybe even more than Lena. Yeah, she's the voice, blah blah blah. It's not wrong or a shame for me to say that. But, you know, Lena proved herself more interesting. Yulia seems obscene and blah. She could, with Lena, be OK right now. She threw it all away -- IT WAS NOT RENSKI, it was Yulia V.

Don't you think it's too risky for her to take a step like that?

And Lena, well. I do find both of these girls strange, actually. I do like them. I do. But, you see, Yulia seems lunatic and Lena looks and acts like a robot. But Lena's been changing. She stopped smoking, for God's sake! She sings so much better. And she'll keep getting better, I'm sure.

This whole "t.A.T.u. team X Yulia" thing does make sense, but, you know, I don't seem anybody to blame but Yulia. And I'm not angry at her, I'm just being realistic here. She seems like she's lost it. She doesn't seem to care about her t.A.T.u. fans.

You said Lena regrets their old image the most. I disagree. Yulia does, obviously. She doesn't write her t.A.T.u. fans a diary for a very, VERY long time. You know that. And, now, she'll refuse to sing t.A.T.u. songs because she wants something completely NEW. She does not want anything to do with Lena OR t.A.T.u.! She went crazy and destroyed her looks because she hates her old safe. Therefore, I don't see Lena as the one who regrets it.

About defending Lena, I believe someone who fights for equality, peace and love will stand by it. That's all. Yulia has a problem? Learn how to deal with it. She's angry? Go home. Life's not easy for anyone. She took a step -- she shoulda know there would be consequences.

I use to defend Yulia from everyone's comments when she had her babies, etc.; I use to dislike Lena. I thought she was ugly and hated her voice. I hated Stars, I hated All About Us bridge. I liked t.A.T.u. for Yulia. I liked it because I though she was brave and unique. She is, indeed. But, sadly, look where it took her.

Lena, on the other hand, proved herself better. She's been there for us and she's been trying to get where she wants. I'm sure she'll get there. She may not be successful, but she'll sure rock audiences where she passes. And so will Yulia. They'll both be OK, I'm sure. Yulia may be more successful and everything -- it doesn't really matter to me, to be honest.

All I care is for their sake. I may be sad for Yulia and the things she's been doing and saying, but I deeply wish her the best -- above it all, I wish she learns from her mistakes and becomes a better person. She should chill out, actually. Now that it happaned, the t.A.T.u. breaking up she longed for so much, that's just it.

On another note, if Renski was the problem, why not: "hey, I'm not OK, I don't feel right. Me AND Lena deserve better. I'll talk to her and we'll search for someone who can help us be who we are. We'll seek success together". BUT NOT, she had to do it alone. "Fuck Lena, I don't need that woman anymore". Fuck t.A.T.u., fuck everything. That's Yulia, after all.
Old 23-07-2010, 07:10   #871
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
She doesn't seem to care about her t.A.T.u. fans.
Why would she waste her time worrying about 250-300 (maybe) dedicated fans, when she could launch a career herself and actually produce something interesting?
Old 23-07-2010, 09:40   #872
Участник

Well i think your all wrong. I think that Yulia wont be as big as everyone is making her out to be. For a start only t.A.T.u fans no who she is, her name ect..... if you ask a person who isnt into t.A.T.u, who is yulia volkova? they will go, who?. So i dont think neither of them will ever be as big as tatu was. Not even a 3rd. But on one side. We have actually heard a lot of material from lena none of the less.
Old 23-07-2010, 12:59   #873
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Argos, great writing! But I'm not too sure about Yulia project.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 23-07-2010, 15:49   #874
Участник

Did you guys see Troy's last tweets?

Here are they:

Quote:
Don't know anything about Yulia interview
Quote:
All I'll say is there is a reason why the whole band is with Lena & not Yulia.
Quote:
All of us want to write, record, play music & tour. There was one person in Tatu who didn't want to do anything. Guess who

Talyubittu, well, I agree with you, but it's still sad, you know? And it sure makes me care lesser and lesser about her. As everything she does.
Old 23-07-2010, 16:03   #875
Martian Eyes

There are three musicians who know that they know a little bit of tatu internals, but rarely tell something, because they are intelligent enough to realize that everything you say, can influence the project in a negative way.

...and there is one hyper intellectual, who always has so much to tell about tatu, that I'm honestly concerned if he finds enough time to rehearse for the LK project. It would be a pity if he lost his ability to play the guitar, but to be a virtuoso on his keyboard (of his MacBook, of course).

@fanoff: I share your evaluation.
I think she began too late, she doesn't have the financial background, she begins ten things and gets lost in the middle of the work. But at least she has a chance, something I don't see for Lena with the current management and creative team.
Old 23-07-2010, 17:03   #876
pie crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
It's very disturbing for me to see so many people (young people, that's even worse!) here to worship exaggerated politeness and considerateness, housewife mentality, submission and self-denial.
It is a matter of common courtesy. I think Yulia made a big mistake by publically speaking badly about her so-called sister's project. I don't really care about Lena or her project, I don't follow it and I haven't heard one whole song, but I think if your best friend writes the shittiest book in the world, you still tell them it was a nice read. If you are a bit more honest you can say it's not your style. If it is somebody you care about, you support them when they try and when they fail. I understand they are not friends but at least have some respect for all the years you had together. I think Lena handled herself in a mature way, I mean, why start even more drama? I think a lot of us can agree that drama and scandals can get you far but not all the way. Was there even a reason to say this type of thing in public in front of a camera? What could anybody possibly gain from this statement? Besides the papers having something to write about? Then the question is whether a "friend" or 15-minutes of fame (until this discussion dies out) is more important to Yulia.

Sometimes, a person will yell about their self-confidence so loud that nobody can see how insecure they really are. Yulia talks about how she does what she wants but for some reason she felt the need to be a "thin wife" for Parviz because he "wouldn't love her" otherwise. She talks about self-sufficient she is, but before she met Parviz she didn't seem to have such a glamorous life and suddenly she had clothes from the biggest brands, a nice car, a huge house, "fabulous dogs" and whatnot. Nothing wrong with that, of course, if she and Parviz agreed that she could live off of his money - good for her, but I don't think she was as independent as she claimed to be. I think Parviz is a reason why she changed so much, not because it was "his fault" but because she loved him so much and had to please him in any way she thought was right. And why is she so quickly with a new guy? No time to even recuperate from such a long relationship and have some time for herself to be... herself. I think both of the girls are quite insecure, in their own ways.

Whatever. I don't care about Lena's project really, I would be more interested in Yulia if there was anything of artistic value to comment on. I think a lot of Tatu fans seem to forget that there is a big sea of more famous, "fabulous", well-known (among people), hard-working and creative starts in the world and I think both of the girls are far away from the fame they get credit for from some people.

Kisses to everyone
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 23-07-2010, 17:33   #877
Martian Eyes

Hello Monika! Nice to meet you again, missed you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I think if your best friend writes the shittiest book in the world, you still tell them it was a nice read.
They were no more friends for years, inspite of their claims. In fact they became hard competitors, and as it seems, even enemies. Too many bad words between them and there was nobody who was able to mediate, all the people around were biased in one or the other direction.
Quote:
And why is she so quickly with a new guy?
Money. Standing alone with your project needs a lot of it. Get the next best guy who is willing to support you. Materialistic? No, idealistic. The project has to survive.
Quote:
I think both of the girls are quite insecure, in their own ways.
Very much, indeed. Yulya just can mask with her loud and sometimes bitchy behaviour.
Old 23-07-2010, 18:12   #878
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee View Post
I think a lot of Tatu fans seem to forget that there is a big sea of more famous, "fabulous", well-known (among people), hard-working and creative starts in the world
I didn’t forget it because I didn’t know it in the first place. None of them would make a sound like Yulia so they are second besters at best.
Old 23-07-2010, 18:15   #879
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
I didn’t forget it because I didn’t know it in the first place. None of them would make a sound like Yulia so they are second besters at best.
even yulia doesnt sound like yulia anymore. she sounds like a dinosaur. but you could watch jurassic park for the same effect. so to speak, the t rex would be among yulia the best singer in the world
Old 23-07-2010, 18:28   #880
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastblossom View Post
even yulia doesnt sound like yulia anymore. she sounds like a dinosaur. but you could watch jurassic park for the same effect. so to speak, the t rex would be among yulia the best singer in the world
1. If you think that it's funny - sorry, it's not.
2. Bashing artists, especially if it's based on poor grounds, don't make your arguments very convincing.
3. You haven't heard her voice for years. You don't know how she sounds.
4. Some of the greatest music has been sung by people who sounded worse than crows, and people love it, and spend money on all of their albums.
5. If you want to hear perfect voices you are wrong here. Try Anna Netrebko or some other opera singer.
ReplyPost New Thread