ReplyPost New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 00:12   #761
Участник

Thank you superb quality

Can't wait to see the rest
Old 03-06-2010, 01:40   #762
Участник

Thanks a lot, Joha84!

Well, but did you think it was great? Did you think her singing was OK? Were there many people or not so much? Did everyone like it?

Sorry.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:40   #763
Новенький

Send a message via Yahoo to Oakfoobar
To me, "IRS" definitely seems to have potential. Lena looked like she was really enjoying that part of the performance! ^_^ So nice to see her growing into this new phase of her career...
Old 03-06-2010, 03:48   #764
Kandi KRaver

This user has the entire concert in pretty good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JHunts#p/u/16/FNa4869deq0
Old 03-06-2010, 04:23   #765
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Joha84 Send a message via Skype™ to Joha84
When I got to the Troubadour there was a huge line to get inside. I was mad for getting there late but I had some friends already in the first line, so I was one of the "first" ones to get in. There were also other people going in before anyone else. I'm not sure who they were. The place was not full, but it wasn't empty.

Overall, the concert was pretty good in spite of all the problems they had. It happens and Lena managed it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrgurl View Post
This user has the entire concert in pretty good quality.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JHunts#p/u/16/FNa4869deq0
Yes, that's me. I hope other videos come out soon. I saw many people with really good cameras there.
Old 03-06-2010, 18:06   #766
Участник

Thanks for the report!

And there's also an article about the performance. Positive one! It also says Lena managed to fill the place more than Fall out Boy could when they performed there. Glad!

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/160250
Old 04-06-2010, 02:20   #767
Снегопады

I'm glad her solo project is moving along so fast I wish her the best. I'd love to see the videos from the concert but youtube hates my laptop oh well maybe in time it will stop acting up on me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
http://twitter.com/Lukie90 follow me.... please?.... I don't bite lol
Old 04-06-2010, 22:19   #768
Chun ruk ter!

Ah ah ah! Thanks so much for the videos and reviews/quotes everyone!

I can say I am pleased. Definitely more interesting than how I expected.
Yeahhh, Lena needs to work on her stage presence more - but at least in some songs it looks like she's trying. She'll especially need this whenever she performs for a bigger, less familiar crowd, like PrideFest.

I'm liking the new Lena songs. Can't say anything bad about them, but I probably won't get into them to a bigger extent until we hear the songs officially released in studio quality.

I'm glad she's working so much with the band, and the two backing singers seem really cool. I find it a little ironic the backing girls hairstyles kind of look like Lena's and Yulia's hair in their early years... I like how the whole group feels more intact and personal with the fans, as opposed to the Tatu days.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 04-06-2010 at 22:29.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:09   #769
Участник

Maybe you people are being too hard on her? Her stage presence was really above-avarage for my tastes. She did it better than a lot of artists. I don't want her to be a dancer like Gaga or Aguilera; a performer is perfect to me, and she does it pretty well.

I like what she did... Really surprised me. She was really herself and enjoyed everything a lot. Which just means a lot!
Old 05-06-2010, 04:43   #770
Chun ruk ter!

Well, yeah, her stage presence is definitely better than the "random-walking-random-mic-to-the-audience" choreography back in the late Tatu days. She did have a presence and I could feel her from my little monitor, but sometimes it feels like she doesn't really know what to do... If that makes sense. I dunno. I think GaGa looks funny too when she dances sometimes, but I'm still a fan of her. XD
It's cute whenever Lena does that crazy dance she always does during the drumbeats of NGGU, a little odd looking, but it shows she's having fun at least. I guess a good audience will have fun "dancing silly" with her too.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---

Old 05-06-2010, 09:50   #771
Martian Eyes

Lena was good enough for a beginning, especially if we accept that she is not exactly doing pop. In pop-rock people usually don't jump around and play the Punchinello (my, my, which artist do I have in mind? ). If I compare her with other Russian ladies in that genre (A-Studio, Chi-li, Gorod 312, to name the most successful), she doesn't stand behind them. She isn't confident enough at the moment, but experience will change that soon. The only real big flaw - burn her wardrobe, eeeeek!
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52   #772
Kandi KRaver

No, World is a completely different song. Watch the videos.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:58   #773
Chun ruk ter!

Bahaha. I didn't think her wardrobe was that awful! Nothing interesting but nothing that struck me as ugly. Just rather plain... And something that someone much older would wear. I figure Lena wants to be viewed in a mature fashion, but still.

I like her look when her hair kind of flips and she's wearing a flattering dress, like in Cannes. I can't believe that was over 2 years ago. :|

...And does she dye her hair or does it just change colors naturally? Totally random pointless question. I understand it's sad how most of my posts are about hair.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 08-06-2010, 01:13   #774
Kandi KRaver

She dyes her hair, I've seen them turn it many different colors.

Now does anyone have pictures of the performance?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:07   #775
Участник

Send a message via MSN to elaktronnye_k
I think it was pretty good... and I never expected Lena to dance as much as she did, hehe. It's kinda of kirky, but nice. I hope she works a bit more into making everthing more cohesive.

The outfit, oh gosh... Why couldn't she use some of the stuff from her shoot or something? THOSE SHOES ARE HORRIBLEEE and make her look not that good. And we know how gorgeous she can be...

Her hair was pretty nice, though

Love u, lenka
~~~~~~~~~~~
...Can't Be Something I'm Not...
Helio's myspace :)
Old 08-06-2010, 15:57   #776
M

Send a message via Skype™ to sakuya
Her hair is most fabulous thing in this performace.. IMO most of stars envy her them *with no extensions*cough*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm not a HOE, I'm a WHORE! And I have a video tape to prove it.
Old 09-06-2010, 15:58   #777
Участник

Johanna won the writing contest for a dinner with Lena Katina on her official website.

Thanks to http://lena.allmylove.org/ for this.

Quote:
Report: Dinner with Lena Katina

From all the 8 years that I’ve been a t.A.T.u. fan, at some point I asked myself and with other fans that I’ve met throughout the years, what would it be like to have a private conversation with Lena or Yulia. Well, it turned out to be that (yes, even though I only had dinner with one of the girls) they‘re really nice people and bossy at times too. Why I say that? Ask Lena when it comes to her food.

My dinner with Lena was in a Japanese restaurant in Studio City. She loves sushi and that’s really an understatement. However, it wasn’t at the restaurant she wanted. Why? It was closed due to Memorial Day. I'm sure you want me to get to the point. What did we really talk about? In short, we talked of things in general. I didn’t want my dinner to turn out to be like an interview. That’s boring and I wouldn’t have enjoyed to have a scoop of how her life really is like. But one thing is for sure - thanks to God for the Dirty Dancing movie (please, do correct me if I‘m wrong). When she saw that movie she wanted to be a dancer and didn't hesitate to tell her mother, but as life works in mysterious ways, at the end she did not only danced but sang as well. Here a star was born.

We all know about the beginning of her career but for me it was a treat to hear it from her. I’ve always wanted to know if her friendship with Yulia truly began at Neposedi. Why? Because for me there’s a big difference between knowing someone because she is in the same room and to actually talk to someone and become friends. The answer to that - yes, they were friends. I also asked why she decided to do her solo career now and not after the Dangerous and Moving album especially with all those great demos she recorded. Well, she had thought about it before and actually recorded a few (I think she said ten) demos with her father but at the end decided against it to stay with t.A.T.u. It wasn’t until after waste management/happy smiles (whatever you want to call it), she and Yulia finally decided it was time for them to do their own thing. They were bored. We have to remember they have been together for more than 10 years and that is a really long time. As Lena said, “it is impossible to work in two projects at the same time,” and, as I could tell, she will only be working in her solo career for now which I believe she deserves the opportunity to do so. And to tell you the truth, she seemed really happy about her new endeavor with Troy and Sven - her second family. She’s also happy with the backup singers which they had an audition for and she personally chose them. Lena is really serious about this, guys. She is taking care of her voice, practicing a few hours a day, and has actually stopped smoking since February. We all know that bad habits are hard to quit so let as all wish her the best of luck, and, most of all, strength.

In case you were wondering about her thoughts of the concert in LA, our girl was really nervous and the audio problems she had at the beginning didn’t help at all. She did also recognized they had a lot of sound problems, but, overall, I believe she did a pretty good job. Of course, she as a musician knows it could have been much better. She told me herself.

And for the fans that play instruments, I asked her if they will release sheet music for their new material because we all know how difficult it is to get the ones from t.A.T.u. She said it was a good idea and would consider it. I hope she does! I really hope so!

Hum… What else did we talk about? It’s hard to put everything down because I write something and then remember another… Aha! I'm sure you're going to like this one. I asked her if she only dated Russian men and if she wanted to date men from other countries. Sorry guys but unless you’re a great cook, know how to make great sushi, and consider cooking for her every single day, there are no chances for you if you’re not Russian or consider living in Russia. But at this moment, who knows… She’s enjoying her time as a single lady and is putting all her energy in her solo career.

So, yes, that’s all I thought it was important to write if anyone cared to read this.

Lena, if you read this, because I know you don't like computers that much. I want to thank for choosing my story for whatever the reason was at the moment you did it. My brother and I enjoyed the dinner and I hope you sincerely did too. This is something I will never forget and is a story I would tell my kids if I ever have them. Besides, you said you can picture me as a mother. I also do picture you as a good one as well. I really hope you find the right man, and one that would cook every day haha... (I need to find one with those qualities too hehe...)

And Olga! Wow… You look amazingly young! Blame this comment to Lena hehe… Please, consider in giving me the recipe.

Take care and wish you the best of luck!

Pics after the dinner:
Me - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... C03924.jpg
My brother - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... C03926.jpg

Pics of the fan meeting:
Me - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... ing023.jpg
With Lena - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... ing004.jpg
Oh la la - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... ing012.jpg
Sveny! - http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... ing021.jpg

My brother:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/J ... ing031.jpg

Those were the three most happy days of my life... The fan meeting, the concert, and the dinner. I cannot ask for more.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46   #778
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuya View Post
Her hair is most fabulous thing in this performace.. IMO most of stars envy her them *with no extensions*cough*
Who do you know that envies looking like a grease monkey?
Old 10-06-2010, 21:50   #779
Martian Eyes

When did you have your last hard laugh? Ok, then it's paparazzi - time!

Quote:
Tatugirl Beat Her Stylist

The ex-soloist of the group t.A.T.u., Lena Katina never stood out due to violent temper, but this time she got beside herself and created a scandal disproportionate to her calm character.

Literally the other day the debut of Lena took place in one of the most famous clubs of Los Angeles "Troubadour". More than a year of work in the studio brought it's result, the album of Katina is practically ready for release. To it's honour the manager of the singer was able to organize the first big solo performance. To take no risk, relying on Lena's taste, they hired a stylist for her, who repeatedly came to assist stars of world class, Cary Fetman.

Everything went by in a somehow speedy manner, and Lena, not able to orientate herself, found herself in a horrible and boring attire on stage. The fans accepted her new songs with hurray, but scathingly critisized the apparel of Lena on the fan party, which took place after the performance, at the household of one of the musicians of the project, Troy.

The Tatugirl returned to the studio in a not at all sober condition and created a scandal attacking the stylist. The justification, which Cary gave to her defence sounded like this: such a sack-like figure is difficult to wrap up presentably. Better go in a fitness club than shove anything in the mouth what comes along.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:42   #780
Chun ruk ter!

LOL WAT.

That's pretty bizarre. But how much of this article are we supposed to believe and expect to be confirmed?
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

ReplyPost New Thread