Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Fanfic - The Irish

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 15-08-2005, 07:31   #101
Прохожий

ever though of improving? u have me confused.
and me? flirty? fuck ya.

Echoed: Yes, so hi. Though it is fantastic to not always make positive comments on written fiction or otherwise, unless you plan on giving constructive criticism (and moreover criticism that isn't hypocritical, as I note your slight lack in grammar), please, do not comment at all. I mean, if you're going to be an elitist, you gotta go all the way. Oh, and if you would like to deny being a certain qualitative state, and wish to do so jokingly or kindly with people who aren't exactly your most friendly acquaintances, try not to swear. They might not take it the right way. Though I'm sure you're well aware of that. Thank you for your time. Feel free to message me privately with complaints. As for the others, no need to encourage similar behaviour from one another, no? (oh emm gee. I really sound like I have a stick up my ass, wtf. Oh, the woes of being a mod. *SIGH.*)

Last edited by Echoed; 15-08-2005 at 13:30.
Old 15-08-2005, 08:07   #102
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Crampaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrologist
and me? flirty? fuck ya.
guess u getting confused means something else LOL U need to improve ur reading skills babehhhh
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never ask her to swallow my spunk until I go down on her first. It's just common courtesy
Die Bug Die!!!!!
Its urs osita..
Old 15-08-2005, 11:01   #103
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
Quote:
and me? flirty? fuck ya.

Ever THOUGHT (correct spelling for you) of improving your english before you post?
I think you like it, why the hell else would you only bother to post in this thread kiddy?????:

Ever though of not posting on here???

Last edited by showMElove2; 15-08-2005 at 11:24.
Old 15-08-2005, 18:16   #104
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Crampaholic
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never ask her to swallow my spunk until I go down on her first. It's just common courtesy
Die Bug Die!!!!!
Its urs osita..
Old 15-08-2005, 23:20   #105
the likeness of a human

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaku
mel – I love ur sarcasm! U have a longer list than that though.
Scheming little pixie, you know me so well...

That last sentence hooked me big time. Now you have me wondering where your warped mind is going, really!
Old 16-08-2005, 02:05   #106
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen.Kloun
That last sentence hooked me big time. Now you have me wondering where your warped mind is going, really!
Me too! I can't wait to find out what happens! Like I've said before, I'm totally hooked on this story line. I can't get enough of these characters & their attitudes. But dannnggg, *I* flinched when I read the description of The Irish's wounds. Ouch. Great job uhaku.

EDIT: I just wanted to say that I thought it was too cute how Yulia was all dreamy while laying her head by Lena. Awww moment.
Old 16-08-2005, 06:40   #107
Прохожий

lol
showMElove2, you are amazingly hilarious. i think i almost like you.
oh and i post here cuz i wanna. don't mind me.
Old 16-08-2005, 15:16   #108
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
BlueAmy – yeah, I got your PM. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope it doesn’t throw you.
showmelove – thank you. The Irish sure took one hell of a beating. It was fun to write though. ^_^’
crampy – ditto. Thanks.
Mel – You know me! I don’t even know where it’s heading! j/k. I kinda knew…
But it’s not too late to change my mind!
D2D - welcome back! I'm glad u like it!
yooyeeyoh – this update for you. Fast.

Quote:
and me? flirty? fuck ya.
So you think you can bully me like u did Shakrin? Think I’m nice like other fic writers?

I don’t think you were flirty,
I think you tried to flirt but failed miserably,
Now I think you’d kiss my ass if I ask you to,
But I gotta say that I don’t like you,
You’d want some of my attention—admiration,
Opps, I’m afraid you’re almost in detention,
You expect me to call you ‘kid’ and pat your head?
Urgh, I’m no saint, so you can suck my foot before you hit the bed!
’Cause you don’t know, you can’t understand that to this.
Bluntly, dear, you suck, and see if I give a shit.

This doesn't take long to write. Don't think you're worth my time that much.
You’re going straight to my IGNORE list. No shit.
I’ll have the lot reserved for you. Bye!

p.s. sorry, Ec. Couldn’t help it.

Now the update is here. I never force anybody to read, so don’t pretend otherwise.
You’re free to leave, and I’ll never gonna stop you. This update is posted in a hurry, as
someone demanded so. So i apologize if there's a typo or something.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>
CHAPTER 37

It was almost noon. The skies were bright blue with almost no cloud. Roland was
wheeling his precious blonde around in the backyard. Yulia looked slightly more robust
than the first few days after the incident. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were as blue
as the skies. In a light blue sweater, she was wrapped in a white blanket that covered
down to her knees. Spring was coming.

“I see you’re smiling,” Roland said.

Yulia grinned even wider. She pointed her finger around the yard. “This garden isn’t
exactly a garden. The trees are all dead.”

“Well, winter hasn’t fully gone.”

“In a few weeks, it will. I think we can have some fun renovating this garden!”

“Yulia, it might be better if you would wait until you’re completely healed—”

“I’m feeling all right now, and I’ll be even better by the time winter is over. We could
plant lots of flowers for Lena, although we won’t stuff the bullets in the Easter eggs. How
do you like the idea!?”

Roland nodded a little. “Splendid.”

The only thing Roland wished now was Lena’s speedy recovery, but his mind was
constantly pulled back to when he saw Dimitri carrying Yulia out of Lena’s bedroom a
few nights ago. Yulia ignored her own injury and sneaked in to visit the redhead. Roland
always thought it was just an admiration—an infatuation on Yulia’s part. It was usually
the case even with the new guys who had just joined their gang. Everyone wanted to get a
glimpse of the myth. But Yulia’s excessive concern for the Irish started to bother him.

“What were you doing in Lena’s room the other night?”

Yulia’s smile suddenly disappeared. “Did my father tell you?”

“No, Yulia. I saw it.”

“I didn’t mean to disturb her, or anything. I just… I needed to see if she was all right.”

Roland walked over and knelt down in front of her, his hand on her laps. He had a velvet
box in his suit’s left pocket. It was a ring he purchased the day after Yulia was shot.

“What is it?” Yulia asked, seemingly puzzled.

Roland looked up. Fearing of losing her, he meant to ask her to marry him right when she
awakened again. But the empty gaze in her eyes, when she looked at him, stopped him.
He shook his head. “I am, by no mean, angry with you. I was worried that you did not
rest enough.”

Yulia smiled. “You have some other things more important to worry about.”

Roland knew that he was now temporarily the head of the gang. Until Lena recovered, no
matter how long it might take, the future of their gang depended solely on him. But he
was never equipped to lead anyone. He specialized in making money but never did the
dirty business himself.

“You know… I never ordered a killing on anyone before. I never even fired a gun.”

“I don’t believe my father had done it until recently either.”

Yulia’s face beamed, and Roland knew that it was because the thought of the night
Dimitri saving the Irish’s life. Yulia was so proud of her father. Roland couldn’t help
feeling small that he wasn’t the one doing the deed.

“I never thought about this until now. What it feels like to kill someone. What it makes a
person to do so.”

Yulia sighed gently, her gaze wandering off. It could only be Lena in her mind right now.

“Will it make me a terrible person?” Roland directed the question over the woman in
Yulia’s thought.

Yulia shifted her gaze to the dark-haired man in front of her. “I cannot know for sure. It’s
the way I’ve grown to accept. It’s the way we live. Even if we don’t kill them with our
own hands, we always have someone else do it so we can feel better about ourselves and
sleep soundlessly at night… We don’t care, Roland. Does it make us any better or
worse?”

Roland looked down. He was still the boy from the orphanage, still hiding behind Lena
and letting her do all the dirty works. He never asked if she was willing because she
never complained. She never involved him, which he should be thankful, yet he was
upset that she would not tell him about Mason. He felt disgustingly low with himself
right now.

Roland flinched, pulled out of his thoughts when Yulia patted him on the shoulder.

“You shouldn’t blame yourself over it. Lena knew she would never be good at business
as you are, vice versa. Everyone has a thing they can do better. She leaves you to your
task, and you just have to do your best. You don’t want to disappoint her.”

Caressing the small hand over his shoulder, Roland smiled. He had never felt this warm
and forgiven before. It marveled him how this blonde woman could make him feel,
whether it was her beautiful, blue eyes or the warmth of her skin. He wasn’t sure if he
could give her up if needed.

>>>

“Don’t you love these lilies, Yulia, dear!?”

Sitting on the bed, Yulia smiled at the two, huge bouquets of flowers in Tonya’s embrace.
“Thank you so much, Tonya.”

In her new, creamy dress, Tonya proceeded to put one of the bouquets on the small table
next to the bed. “How do you like my new dress? I needed to shop as soon as I knew you
were out of danger! Look, I even got the Irish a bouquet! Do you think she’ll like
flowers? Or should I get her a gun instead? Do you think she’ll receive a guest? How is
she, by the way? I’ve heard some really gruesome—”

“Slow down, will you?” Yulia chortled lightly. She then took the bouquet from her
friend, studying it for a while. “I’ll make sure to give it her.”

“Still no visitors?”

“She’s not so good.” Yulia looked little grim at this.

Tonya gently rubbed the blonde’s hand. “She’ll make it, I’m sure of that.”

“How could you be so sure?”

“Because she’s the Irish!”

Yulia rolled her eyes, her shoulders slumping down. Nothing seemed to be able to ease
Yulia’s mind. Tonya’s reason wasn’t good enough. As of right now, she needed
something more solid to guarantee Lena’s safety. Although the redhead would most
likely pass through this tough stage, Doctor Sheridan couldn’t tell exactly what was going
to happen after the wounds were healed. It was never easy when one had to face a
permanent loss of their ability. What if Lena became even more of a recluse? Yulia didn’t
know how to reach her then.

“Have you thought what to do with Mr. Myer?” Tonya asked.

Yulia looked up to meet with her friend’s knowing gaze.

Tonya pulled a chair beside the bed and sat down, crossing her arms. “You shouldn’t
mislead him anymore. The game is over when he is absolutely in love with you. It’s not
challenging anymore.”

“I mislead him? I was just being friendly. Do I look like I’m in love with him?”

Tonya shrugged slightly. “Oh, you know how men are. They’re not very smart. Every
woman is in love with him the instant she looks his way. It’s so typical. You need to
make it clear, Yulia, dear.”

A deep frown appeared on Yulia's face. “He’s so good to me and my father.”

“Remind me again when have you become kind enough to spare someone’s heart?”

Yulia looked down. “Lena might not talk to me again if I break so suddenly with—”

“Lena. Lena. Lena. That’s what you should be telling Mr. Myer. He’s blind! It’s typical, I
understand. It’s your job to make him see. Yulia, not that I would like Mr. Myer for
myself, but you need to let him go before things get more complicated than this.”

Yulia smelled the flowers and then smiled. “I think it is just right for her.”

Staring at her friend, Tonya took in a deep breath and let out a loud sigh.

>>>

Late into the evening, Yulia decided to pay a visit to Lena’s room before going to bed.
She grabbed Tonya’s bouquet of flowers and headed out into the hallway. She already
felt exhausted just from staying up all day long without a nap. She might just turn in a
little early tonight.

The door opened, and Yulia walked through to find Angela next to the bed. There was a
basin of warm water beside Lena’s body. With a wet towel, Angela was wiping Lena’s
face, moving down to her neck and shoulders. Yulia grumbled; if only she was well
enough, she would do the job herself.

“Ma’am,” Angela addressed quietly to Yulia, continuing her task.

Yulia put the flowers on the table next to the bed and sat down on the opposite side. Lena
was still asleep as she was in the morning. She could still barely remember names and
places, let alone having a normal conversation with anyone. Yulia was sure that Lena
wouldn’t remember their small chat the other night.

“What are you doing?” Yulia asked. She was snapped out of her thought when she saw
Angela’s hand slipping under Lena’s shirt. “I’ll do it,” she said grimly.

“It’s better to leave the job to me, ma’am. Mr. Volkov does not want you to move as
much as climbing onto and down from the bed. You have done too much already.”

Yulia glared harshly. “You’re babbling now. Get on with your task.” She watched the
maid’s eyes burning with jealousy when she climbed onto the bed and slowly lied down
beside Lena. But she only grunted inwardly as Angela moved her hand down further. She
swore she could see the invisible smirk on the maid’s face. Mumbling, she told herself to
calm down, that it was only Angela’s job. Being asleep, Lena couldn’t have felt a thing.

Yulia frowned instantly when Lena groaned in her sleep. Unexpectedly, the redhead opened her eyes.

“How are you feeling?” Angela was quick to bend over Lena, smiling sweetly.

Lena narrowed her eyes. “Water… please…”

Angela poured some water into a glass. She supported her hand under the back of Lena’s
neck, helping her up a little.

Yulia just lay there, watching them. As much as she wanted to snatch the glass from the
maid, she started to feel wobbly, and the sudden throbbing in her chest chained her to her
spot. The medication she had taken was taking its effect. Her eyelids fluttered and
eventually closed. It’d be a nightmare as the last thing she would take to slumber was the
image of Angela touching the redhead.

“Thank you…” Lena mumbled.

“Is there anything else you’d like me to do?” Angela pulled the blanket up to Lena’s
chest, keeping her warm.

Lena shook her head. Angela’s gaze briefly shifted to the prone form beside Lena. When
she saw that Yulia had already fallen asleep, she kissed Lena’s lips.

“Good night, love.”

Lena just closed her eyes. She had no energy to refuse or accepted the kiss. When Angela
turned off the lights and left the room, Lena was ready to fall back into slumber. But a
soft breathing next to her pulled her from the looming darkness. She turned her head a
little and was startled by the dark silhouette beside her. With effort, she lifted her left
hand and turned on the small lamp beside the bed. She was puzzled at the sight of the
blonde. She feebly shook Yulia’s shoulder.

Yulia gave out a long yawn, rubbing her eyes. “Hmmm… It’s morning already?” She
gradually sat up, but winced and flopped back down.

“Are you… in pain…?”

Yulia’s head turned. “Oh, Mary, I’m still in your bedroom, hmmm,” she muttered.

Lena didn’t know what day or night it was. She felt she had been sleeping forever, but the
ache all over her body still lingered, even in the darkest nights. However, something in
the twinkling blue eyes temporarily pulled her focus away from the pain.

Yulia took liberty to softly stroked Lena’s face. But Lena flinched; the coldness from
Yulia’s palm shot right through her whole. Yulia caught it fast and pulled her hand back.

“You shouldn’t be… sleeping on the side…” Lena breathed. She didn’t want to close her
eyes just yet, knowing that Yulia would be gone by the time she could fight out of her
lonely dream again.

Yulia slipped under the blanket and obediently lied down on her back. She turned her
head to face Lena, watching her in the dimming light. “Do you still remember our little
talk that night?”

Lena stopped to think. Her head was blank.

“I made a promise to you.”

Lena couldn’t remember but lightly smiled at the thought anyway.

Yulia softly poked her finger at Lena’s cheek. “I’ll keep this smile. I take you will
remember it when I tell you this time.”

Lena’s eyes began to close, unable to resist the fatigue. She hoped that Yulia would say it
fast before she slipped away again. In the darkness, she felt a warm breath tickling her
right ear with three little words she would never forget.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 16-08-2005, 16:32   #109
Участник

Send a message via MSN to rasoska
uhaku, you never fail to impress me
fabulous update
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slippery When Wet
Old 16-08-2005, 22:35   #110
Новенький

Holy Mary mother of god!!!!! Damn internet connection that wouldn't allow me to log in!!!!

SO much has happened I feel like I don't have the words. Brilliant comes to mind as well as fabulously addictive, oh and yeah, they finally kissed - well did a little more than that but I'm not complaining!!! I loved the insight in the Irish's past!!! It was very appropriate. As for Mason's death, I think it should remain a myth - sort of.

Thanks for all the updates!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dreams aren't perfect;
they come true;
not free!
Old 17-08-2005, 00:50   #111
BiAtch

I think Roland knows but like Tonya said, he is in denial. Damn that Angela....
Thanks for the update!
Old 17-08-2005, 02:03   #112
God of All Things Girthy

Send a message via MSN to Shakrin
Quote:
So you think you can bully me like u did Shakrin? Think I’m nice like other fic writers?

I don’t think you were flirty,
I think you tried to flirt but failed miserably,
Now I think you’d kiss my ass if I ask you to,
But I gotta say that I don’t like you,
You’d want some of my attention—admiration,
Opps, I’m afraid you’re almost in detention,
You expect me to call you ‘kid’ and pat your head?
Urgh, I’m no saint, so you can suck my foot before you hit the bed!
’Cause you don’t know, you can’t understand that to this.
Bluntly, dear, you suck, and see if I give a shit.

This doesn't take long to write. Don't think you're worth my time that much.
You’re going straight to my IGNORE list. No shit.
I’ll have the lot reserved for you. Bye!

WE LOVE YOU UHAKU!!!!

oh what the hell who am i kidding,

*I* LOVE YOU UHAKU!!!

you have just received my total, utmost showering love and respect. damn that necrologist... what the hell is a necrologist anyways?!

~~~~~~~~~~~
*Yawn*~ ...Is it alright if I hold you through the night...?
Old 17-08-2005, 04:43   #113
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
Quote:
Lena’s eyes began to close, unable to resist the fatigue. She hoped that Yulia would say it
fast before she slipped away again. In the darkness, she felt a warm breath tickling her
right ear with three little words she would never forget.
3 lttle words? hmmmm...what could it be?? jejeje

hmmmmuhaku my dear...jejeje
nice chaps....
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 17-08-2005, 04:55   #114
iMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakrin
what the hell is a necrologist anyway
Someone who writes necrologies.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 18-08-2005, 03:39   #115
the likeness of a human

Quote:
Mel – You know me! I don’t even know where it’s heading! j/k. I kinda knew…
But it’s not too late to change my mind!

Such temper! You just ruined my image of you... *runs off shrieking* LOL! Naaaaaah! Take a chill pill sis, seriously. We need you calm.

Now, why am I not surprised by the possibility of you changing the plot (again)? That's so typical of you! That's... an Uhakuism!
Old 22-08-2005, 15:22   #116
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
thanks, rarsoska and showmelove. welcome back, volkster! u were gone for so long! and u know what it was, warx. No problem, shakrin And, mel, don't you love me when I was angry? Nah, I was actually having fun rapping it! *tapping my foot* yo yo.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CHAPTER 38

Spring was finally here. A month and a half had never passed this achingly slow to
Lena Cohen. She had fallen in and out of consciousness for more times than she could
remember. Constant, acute headaches and high fever only blurred her mind even
more. Although she had become more solid in the past week, she was still confined to
bed due to the severely injured ribcage, which would take a few more months to be
fully healed.

In the dimming bedroom, Lena was lying on the bed and staring out the glassy
door to the balcony. The bright stars splattered all over the velvet skies in this lonely
night. Roland told her that he was taking Yulia out for a dinner. As always, Lena did
nothing but smiled for him.

As the thought burned in her mind, Lena tried to sit up in her bed. She had never felt
this helpless before, and it scared her as she didn’t know when her right hand would
heal. She feared the possibility of being unable to hold a gun more than the enemy
itself.

Panting on her back, she turned a little and caught a mirror standing at the corner of
the room. The glittering light from outside shone on the pale face she saw in the
reflection. She pulled herself up as carefully as possible. She was already out of
breath when she managed to sit up, leaning back against the large pillow.

Glaring into the mirror, the sight broke her. The wounds on her face had pretty much
healed, leaving a long, thin scar over her forehead. Her red hair seemed like the only
color painted on the black and white picture she was seeing. A tear threatened to come
out as she slowly lifted her hand to touch where the grayness had clouded the left of
her usually bright, green eye. Trying to suppress her hard breathing, she bit her lips
and cursed endlessly in her heart.

She gradually remembered the earlier days of the injury. It was hellish to her. She
nearly went insane when she woke from the enormous pain one moment to find that
the injury had caused her left eyesight. At the moment, all hope was gone and she
wished to just die. But here she was, hanging on once more. She was surprised at her
unconscious will to fight, unsure whether it was the yearning to hate, or the newfound
longing that kept her going.

>>>

“What do you see?” a soft womanly voice asked.

In a tiny, comfy-looking bedroom, the ten-year-old, red-haired girl in a white
nightgown stared into the small mirror on the desk. A pair of large hands embraced her from
behind, and she looked up to the only love she knew.

“I see me, Celia,” she replied.

With the girl sitting on her laps, the woman chuckled. “You see a great person in
there. She’ll grow up to be a good and loving woman one day. She’ll have a decent
job, and she’ll find someone to love.”

“Roland said it’s better to have someone loving us.”

“I already love all of you. Now, when you grow up, you’ll learn to love others.”

“But I already love you!”

Celia received a sudden, tight hug from the girl, and she laughed.

>>>

Lena took another long look into the mirror again, absorbing the sight of the person
she had to learn to know again. She was nothing Celia knew or wanted her to be. She
chose her path, following the darkest of her heart. While Roland had lost nothing, she
had to watch everything taken away from her. She wouldn’t know why she always
compared herself with him, but it seemed that they were more than just brother and
sister. They were unconsciously each other’s reflection of what they longed to be.

>>>

“I was afraid you’d be bored.”

Yulia and Roland were sitting at a round table. They were the only two customers in
this newly opened, Italian restaurant in Hyde Park area. Roland had bought the whole
place for the night, paranoid while wanting to have some fun. There were twenty
guards in the kitchen, the backdoor and in front of the restaurant, making sure that
tonight would go as smoothly as possible.

“This is a very nice place,” Yulia said, politely smiling. She picked a piece of bread
and dipped it into the olive oil. Already felt exhausted and ready to go to bed, she
actually would love to stay at home, excited that Lena was getting better and hoping
to spend some times with her. But Roland insisted a night out. She understood how
desperate he must be, having to take care of Lena and seeing his best friend in such
horrid state for six long weeks. This little dinner was probably all she could afford to
do for him at the moment.

“Have you been visiting Celia?” Yulia asked.

Sipping his wine, Roland raised his brows. “I’m surprised Lena told you about her.”

Yulia lowered her gaze slightly at his statement. She remembered when Lena told her
how everything changed after Mason. She had heard Lena calling for the woman in
her sleep. Lena must have wanted to see Celia again, although she would never admit
it.

“Lena stopped seeing Celia for four years now. Every time Celia invited us to some
parties, Lena just refused and sent me there instead. I don’t quite understand why, but
you know Lena, she has her own way of doing things… I wanted to invite Celia to my
home when I thought Lena might not make it, but… I don’t seem to know what Lena
wanted anymore.”

“That’s nonsense! You two are best of friends!” Yulia gently grabbed his hand.

Roland finished his fourth glass of wine and sighed. “She never told me why she
killed Mason, or how she got the secret documents. She’s become this person with so
many secrets I’m not apart of… It seems she only stays with me because of sympathy.
I’m nothing without her.”

“She cares so much for you, Roland,” Yulia stated, looking worried.

Roland tightened his grip on her hand. “You seem… to understand her so well…”

Yulia averted her gaze to elsewhere, fearing he might see through it. She thought she
could gather her strength and spoke the truth after all that had happened. But it was all
because Lena loved her friend so much that Yulia, for once, was afraid to destroy the
love she saw. The fact that Roland had been so sincerely concerned for her during
both good and bad times only made it more difficult. She wondered when she could
get out of this mess. It was taunting her more and more each day.

>>>

In the dark, Lena was lying on the bed, eyes closed. She was too tired. She would just
let herself fall into yet another slumber, and hopelessly prayed that she would wake
up again to see the world in a brighter shade.

Suddenly, she jerked at the soft touch on her face. For a split second, she thought to
grab her gun, but her ailing body wasn’t listening as usual. Her heart skipped a beat at
the sight of Celia Cohen standing beside the bed. Tears welled up her eyes the instant
Celia looked down at her, giving her the warmest smile she could remember.

“How you have changed…” Celia muttered, her voice shaken. She fell to her knees
and wrapped Lena in a desperate, but careful embrace. Someone had harmed her little
girl, and she could do nothing about it. So many things had changed since the day she
learned of Gwen’s murder from the newspapers, but she was afraid to interfere. She
didn’t know how to approach her little girl anymore.

But all that didn’t matter when she received the horrible news about Lena’s injury
from Roland last week. The young man had finally made up his mind. He asked her to
come tonight, while he would be out dinning somewhere, allowing them the private time
together. Celia just hoped that Lena would not shun her out again.

>>>

A wide smile came across Yulia’s face after Roland told her the true reason why they
were having dinner out here tonight. She was thankful that he made the right decision.

“I know it’s silly, but sometimes I am jealous of her…” Roland stared down at the
empty glass of wine. “Celia has always loved her more than me. That’s always the
case… If Lena happens to die, which will forever break my heart, Celia will only
have me. I’m a stupid piece of shit.” He scoffed.

“It is silly, little grumpy boy,” Yulia said, smiling. Growing up with all the love her
parents showered her, she never expected that there would be someone from the other
side of town desperate to be loved. She began to wonder what it would be like to grow
up without Dimitri. That would have killed her.

Roland gave her a full smile, shifting in his seat with excitement. “I didn’t invite Celia
because I thought Lena’s dying, but because she’s going to live for many years! It’s
time they need to talk over whatever that was pulling them apart after all these years. I
miss celebrating Christmas with both of them!”

Yulia laughed at the mention of Christmas, which reminded her of how Lena ruined
the last one. She had just realized that only a dine-out could make her miss the ever so
frigid, but fiery redhead this much.

“Let’s give her one more chance to redeem herself,” Roland said, grinning.

>>>

Kneeling beside the bed, Celia feverishly stroke Lena’s face. She noted Lena’s pale,
cold skin and began to rub her hand warm.

“I’m all right…”

“I know you are,” Celia said firmly.

Lena lifted her hand and touched the warm smile on the woman’s face, wanting to
keep it locked in her heart. Her strength eventually failed her; her hand flopped down.

“I’m sorry—”

“There is no need. You shouldn’t have to be sorry for anything.”

Lena looked away. Suddenly, she became so self-conscious of the grayness in her left
eye like it was a deserved punishment on her. “There is… so much… I’ve done so…”
She felt tears began to flood her eyes again, frustrated at how weak she was.

Shaking her head, Celia pressed her finger over Lena’s lips to quiet her sob. She
planted a firm kiss over Lena’s forehead and prayed that this night would heal them
both.

>>>

The night was getting darker, but Yulia had just warmed up to this dine-out. She
leaned back in her chair, laughing when Roland told her how little Lena could climb
trees faster than monkeys. The vision in her mind just brightened her heart. She
sipped her wine a little before looking up to see a grim look in Roland’s eyes. She
turned to look at the doorway and froze in her seat.

Panicking, Oliver ran into the restaurant, heading towards them. Looking through the
glassy wall in front of the restaurant, three black cars parking were parking along the
curbside. Roland’s men were engaging in an intense conversation with the men from
the cars.

“It’s Holden, sir!”

“What does he want?” Roland asked calmly.

Yulia thanked God that Holden didn’t just throw a grenade into the restaurant. It
seemed the secret documents worked like a voodoo curse.

“He demands a private talk with you, sir. He wouldn’t leave.”

Yulia could see smiling Holden Young coming out of the car, waving his hands to
Roland’s men as if to calm them down. Holden looked into the restaurant and pointed
his finger at Roland and her.

“Let him in,” Roland said. He then turned to Yulia. “Oliver can take you home—”

“I’ll stay,” Yulia said.

Roland just nodded. He must have been too nervous to think anything through. For
once, he couldn’t let the Irish stand up for him.

After Holden let Roland’s men searched for weapons, he strode into the restaurant
with ease, far more composed than Roland, who was just sitting and waiting for the
arrival of the invader.

“Good evening, Ms. Volkova. Hello, Myer.” Holden took off his hat and proceeded to
sit down at their table, the smile never left his face. “May I have a glass of wine?” He
looked around at the waiters.

Roland nodded at the waiter, and the boy came to pour a glass for Holden.

“How are you, Myer? I believe your friend is doing well? Why isn’t she here with you
tonight?” Holden then laughed.

Yulia had to fight to stop herself from lunging at the man, tearing his eyeballs out and
poured some salt over the wound.

“She’s fine,” Roland said curtly. “What do you want?”

“Why rush the night? You might like how tonight will turn out.”

Yulia glared at Holden, keeping her mouth shut.

Holden Young smiled at the beautiful blonde, eyeing her up and down. “I would have
invited you to one of my gala dinners if your father did not shamelessly deny our
alliance. What a pity.”

“Let’s cut to the chase, shall we?” Roland stared hard at Holden.

Holden clasped his hands. “Right! Due to the Irish’s absence, now you’re the head of
the gang—”

“She’s still around, mind you,” Roland interrupted.

Holden took liberty to brush Roland’s shoulder. “Well, let’s not put yourself down so
fast, Myer. We all know you’re more capable than hiding behind the Irish’s skirt—”

Roland pushed Holden’s hand away.

Holden chuckled. “I’m here to strike a business deal. I still need to feed my people;
thus, I can’t bury myself in the past, can I? And when it is you, it makes it easier for
me. We can make a deal together.”

“What deal?” Roland frowned.

Yulia sat tightly. She didn’t understand why Roland was still calm, having the
conversation with the man who almost killed his best friend.

Holden glanced at Yulia for a moment, seemingly reading her mind. Clearing his
throat, he stood up and put on his hat. “I’m delighted to be here this evening, but we
shall discuss this later on, Myer. I shall leave you the time to fancy the idea of the endless
possibility of our business together over this dinner. Good night.”

When Holden and his men left, Yulia turned to stare at Roland.

“Why didn’t you just chase him away?”

“We are already enemies. We do not have to show it.”

“But you will not work with him.”

Roland laughed heartily. “Money makes friends, Yulia. Holden knows that he can’t
hold it against us for long. It’s doing him no good. Trust me. Lena won’t object. It’s
only business.”

Yulia sighed quietly. She just hoped that Roland knew what he was doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 22-08-2005, 18:14   #117
Новенький

Wow!!! I didn't expect Celia to make an appearance! I think she is gonna do Lena some good!

As for Roland, I don't know what to say! I'm assuming thatsomwhere along the line he screwed things pretty bad and that's why at the beginning we learn that he committed a crime that Yulia would never forgive him for!

Anyway!!! Thanks for the update! It's good to be back!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dreams aren't perfect;
they come true;
not free!
Old 23-08-2005, 05:27   #118
BiAtch

You just keep the surprises coming....in this case Celia. I also think the she is good for the Irish in her particular state. As for Roland, it seems he is going to let his insecurities of living in Lena's shadow get the best of him
Old 23-08-2005, 22:14   #119
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Oy! I thought I had posted a reply, but I don't see it.

Anyways, Volkster...I totally agree! That's exactly what I was thinking. I reread the fic in its entirety the other night and had realized I forgotten that Roland whined about doing something bad...now I'm worried about what it is!

I'm surprised at how Roland can't see what's going on between Lena & Yulia. Or hmmm, maybe he *does* realize and...well, I won't go there. LOL

I was definitely surprised at Celia's visit! Wow! Great story uhaku, can't wait for another update!

Last edited by dare2dream28; 23-08-2005 at 22:15. Reason: stupid typos
Old 24-08-2005, 22:32   #120
Новенький

I'm glad that Celia didn't remain just a character in the past...even if Mason's murder may reamin a mistery.. ...as well as the others, let's hope Celia will make some light in the tortured soul of the Irish...
hmm..what do u mean by 'I hope it won't throw you'?... I'll never leave this story, no matter how sad the ending may seem to be!...I'll be very silly to do that..
ReplyPost New Thread