Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova Solo Project

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 24-12-2009, 05:11   #261
Vicente

Send a message via MSN to Vicente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrgurl View Post
The difference is that lady gaga hasn't lost her voice. And lady gaga actually does work, not just goof off all day. And lady gaga has potential. That's how yulia is nothing like lady gaga.
Julia did that for years or you forgot that?

Old 24-12-2009, 09:33   #262
Postmodern

Comparing Yulia to Lady Gaga is totally pointless, in my opinion. Apples & oranges.

Old 24-12-2009, 09:37   #263
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalchikGeiBrand View Post
Not that I fully doubt it, but I never really related to how some people saw a "Lady GaGa" in Yulia... o_o To me they are very different. Musically wise though, I guess with some alterations, a similar style to her music could work.
Yeah, she could rock it, But I wasn't talking about it though, there're somethings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiorE
Lady Gaga and Yulia have nothing in common too different styles, if anyone wants to compare talents or wise moves in the music business , I guess the answer is clear.
That's your opinion To me, that was an (I don't know to say that in english, Vaga, No profunda, Sin vision) opnion from Someone who thinks that She/He knows everything and He/She can't see beyond his/her nose. Everything is possible on Pop´s world

But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about that Lady Gaga or Space Cowboy can convey emotions and with that You can write a good song (woow That's not so complicated?)

I can see it on her(Yulia), How if she's gonna eat the world, I wouldn't never see it on Lena. Fuck, That's so hard to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrgurl
The difference is that lady gaga hasn't lost her voice. And lady gaga actually does work, not just goof off all day. And lady gaga has potential. That's how yulia is nothing like lady gaga.
I don't really think that you're serious about that. You hear her songs but You don't listen her voice . Lady gaga's voice is not very healthy, You got many mistakes but I won't talking about that, You're blind by your emotions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente
I don't know why all the people say that if you want to be famous you need be like Lady Gaga. Julia isn't like Lady Gaga, Julia is Julia and Lena is Lena.
Qoute me
Again, I wasn't talking about that, You don't need to be like Lady gaga but You always need to see the work from other persons even if you want to do a new thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
Comparing Yulia to Lady Gaga is totally pointless, in my opinion. Apples & oranges.
Endri, Pointless is talking to someone doesn't have a same opinion to your opnion, And look at me I'm talking to you
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"

Last edited by Edgar; 24-12-2009 at 09:49.

Old 24-12-2009, 09:58   #264
Postmodern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Endri, Pointless is talking to someone doesn't have a same opinion to your opnion, And look at me I'm talking to you
I don't really understand what are you trying to say. Talking to someone who doesn't have thee same opinion to yours it's not pointless, it's called debate. And in order to have a debate, you should have a debatable issue, and I don't find something that makes sense here.

Old 24-12-2009, 12:16   #265
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri View Post
And in order to have a debate, you should have a debatable issue, and I don't find something that makes sense here.
Ok, what about these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar
Lady Gaga or Space Cowboy can convey emotions and with that You can write a good song
You hear her songs but You don't listen her voice . Lady gaga's voice is not very healthy
You don't need to be like Lady gaga but You always need to see the work from other persons even if you want to do a new thing
Enough issues to talk about, don't you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endri
You won't believe how much apples and oranges have in common to compare. Ok, why not compare apples with oranges, pine-apples with coconuts?

Of course copying a mega-star won't bring Yulya international success. Why bother with the plagiate if you can have the original? But for some reason it might work in Russia, because there is no artist who has a similar image/profile. The person who can fill the void can be successful here. Nevertheless I would not recommend Yulya to just copy Gaga, she would sacrifice much of her own originality, but there are some things she could consider to borrow from her.

Both Gaga and Yulya have problems with their vocal chords, with the difference that Gaga is constantly working on it and therefore can perform live without failure. There were times when Yulya could play piano quite well. If she works on it, she will be able to do it again in no time. Yulya has the gift to entertain the audience just with her presence, she doesn't even need Gaga's queer outfits (although that's something she may put into consideration). When it comes to media Yulya has the widest mouth in Russian showbiz, that can be of great use as well. You see, they have some important talents in common, enough to think abouit using some of Gaga's strategies for her own career.

There are some 'defects' Yulya will never overcome. She has not a great voice and she will never get one. So no Mariah Carey-Celine Dione-Xtina Aguilera - never. She can forget about the 'great voice' or romantic part. Bawling rock songs with her voice isn't possible either. Hip-hop and r'n'b crap with the help of MTV would be possible, but there are already a lot of such fools on MTV's leading-string, Lazarev and Topalov included. Another problem is her height. Russia's showbiz loves tall women, no place for tiny artists on TV, big shows etc.

Altogether, not easy to find something appropriate. Really? Well, Russia is full of comedians and Russians love that kind of entertainment, but in the mainstream music scene there isn't much of that kind. A tiny lady with a rough voice, cheeky and kind of weird (that's Yulya, no doubt), almost the best combination for a project in the not-so-serious section of the music scene. She can sing (even if she completely fails at some point, it wouldn't matter), make her funny dance moves, play on the piano, and she can talk or rap (and she can it very fast too, a blessing if you can make good use of it). All she needs is a good writer, everything else she already has in her repertoire or at least can learn easily.

About international career - We have to be realistic. No money (you need much to put a foot on the market), no voice, no mastery in singing and dancing, no beneficial relationships, no exceptional creative talent (at least she didn't show some in the last 10 years). The world has so many wannabe stars, who have the same premisses and at least the same ambitions as Yulya, the chances are close to zero.

Old 24-12-2009, 12:36   #266
Участник

The one thing Yulia has which no one else can match is her voice. The way she sings in English is irresistible, so I think an international career is there for the taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
We have to be realistic.
Playing the “I’m being realistic” card doesn’t wash with me, Argos.

Old 24-12-2009, 20:00   #267
¡Viva La Lena!

Quote:
But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about that Lady Gaga or Space Cowboy can convey emotions and with that You can write a good song (woow That's not so complicated?)

I can see it on her(Yulia), How if she's gonna eat the world,
talking about writing songs I`m still waiting for that song yulia said 3 years ago she was doing for tAtu! but well.I hope she really eats the world as you say she has all the spirit for it, lets see.
Quote:
I wouldn't never see it on Lena. Fuck, That's so hard to explain
maybe you are blind or.. your opinion is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
Vaga, No profunda, Sin vision) opnion from Someone who thinks that She/He knows everything and He/She can't see beyond his/her nose. Everything is possible on Pop´s world
~~~~~~~~~~~
La Habana <33
"In cuba there is not racism and not Inequality , you know why?, cause they all are Poor"- anonymous

Old 26-12-2009, 00:07   #268
Kandi KRaver

Edgar, lady gaga's voice is holding up very well at the moment. Being a vocalist it's something I listen to with great detail. Although, who knows. Maybe she'll start smoking or screaming the way yulia did and it'll all go away.

Old 29-12-2009, 17:04   #269
reconciled

There was a quick mention of Yulia in last week's edition of Russia's Hello! Magazine (Dec 22nd, 2009).

http://s41.radikal.ru/i092/0912/c0/1653d74987ac.jpg

Stars were asked what they promise for next year. Yulia promised not to have a child next year, even though she wants to have a big family. She promised to work hard for her solo career.

Thanks to миллиметры_поблажки, only-tatu and Коноалова.

Old 30-12-2009, 07:21   #270
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
There was a quick mention of Yulia in last week's edition of Russia's Hello! Magazine (Dec 22nd, 2009).

http://s41.radikal.ru/i092/0912/c0/1653d74987ac.jpg

Stars were asked what they promise for next year. Yulia promised not to have a child next year, even though she wants to have a big family. She promised to work hard for her solo career.

Thanks to миллиметры_поблажки, only-tatu and Коноалова.
I'm glad to hear she won't be squirting anything out of her vag for a little while... lol

Old 30-12-2009, 13:39   #271
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
The one thing Yulia has which no one else can match is her voice. The way she sings in English is irresistible, so I think an international career is there for the taking.
Yulia sounds great - post studio production. Live, it's somewhat painful. The way she sings in English is incomprehensible, and if she launched an international career - she'd be a laughing stock. She can't even speak English. She's never written a song, never produced one and never even been involved with production. I don't know why you think she's such a goddess. If she's got any talent other than her edited vocals, she should start to show it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos
Yulya has the gift to entertain the audience just with her presence
When and where has this ever happened? I remember nodding off into my sleep during many t.A.T.u. performances. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. She is hardly entertaining just standing there half the time.

Old 31-12-2009, 01:50   #272
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrgurl View Post
Edgar, lady gaga's voice is holding up very well at the moment. Being a vocalist it's something I listen to with great detail. Although, who knows. Maybe she'll start smoking or screaming the way yulia did and it'll all go away.
She won't lost her voice because Lady Gaga lost her voice since her frist album, And I really enjoy it, her voice is really great now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiorE
talking about writing songs I`m still waiting for that song yulia said 3 years ago she was doing for tAtu! but well.I hope she really eats the world as you say she has all the spirit for it, lets see.

maybe you are blind or.. your opinion is
I really don't get what is your problem, Everything is possible on Pop's world but But Lena mark her own limitations. Did you get that?

Everything is possible on Pop's world (I was talking about Music), Lena mark her own limitations (I'm talking about personal problems)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
When and where has this ever happened? I remember nodding off into my sleep during many t.A.T.u. performances. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. She is hardly entertaining just standing there half the time.
Ok Tim, I think that it's too subjective, I mean that's your opinion, that is very cool But I really think that I love t.A.T.u. performances thank her. In Mexico's performance was too nice, Because Yulia was too great on stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu
Yulia sounds great - post studio production. Live, it's somewhat painful. The way she sings in English is incomprehensible, and if she launched an international career - she'd be a laughing stock. She can't even speak English. She's never written a song, never produced one and never even been involved with production. I don't know why you think she's such a goddess. If she's got any talent other than her edited vocals, she should start to show it
Tim, English is just language and that's easy to learn. And I don't live on a country where them speak english. But I've learned somethings, Maybe My english skills aren't too good, Even I notice that because sometimes it's too hard to understand me but I've learned it by myself, I know that Maybe Yulia will learn it if She really want to learn it
~~~~~~~~~~~
[I can feel tension bewteen us, I know that our love will die]
Lólindir Alcarin

"I never thought it was so true "Time is running we are sitting, Back together just for splitting, You are crying in the corner .......(White Robe)"

Last edited by Edgar; 31-12-2009 at 06:28.

Old 31-12-2009, 01:55   #273
Can You See Them Now?

Dear Edgar, no.

Old 31-12-2009, 11:20   #274
НАВСЕГДА

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyubittu View Post
Dear Edgar, no.
Offtop:
^^ U're almost as fabulous as Gaga's cherry pie.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:19   #275
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy malchik View Post
Offtop:
^^ U're almost as fabulous as Gaga's cherry pie.
Thanks Betch.

Old 22-02-2010, 01:32   #276
reconciled

Yulia had a short birthday meeting with the fans from Moscow today in front of her parents' at 4 PM. The fans were delighted to see her, she was very kind and in a very good mood even though it was very cold. Thanks to Гошик and Fly_Dream for the following information.

Yulia Volkova's website will be opened in March. She has a team working for her in the US and she has already recorded 2 tracks in English (not so bad in comparison to Lena).

When asked about the style of her music, she replied: Rock-sexy. This wasn't expressed directly at least from what I got, but someone said that her manager (and she has one) was David Junk! Junk was the managing director of Universal Music Russia and played a leading role in t.A.T.u.'s international success with Interscope Records. The last time I saw him together with t.A.T.u. was at the Beslan charity concert in December 2004.

Within the next one and a half weeks Yulia will still be in Moscow and would agree to more meetings but not on the street (see how cold it was...).

Yulia communicates with Lena and Lena congratulated her and probably waited until it was 0:00 AM. Soon there'll be an article in a magazine (maybe Okey or Hello) about Yulia, Parviz and the children (well well, she gives them what they want...).

More news than ever. Looking forward to everything! At least it sounds good.

A small video from House13:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4roQ5GsAts

Old 22-02-2010, 02:06   #277
Участник

Thanks very much for the info, Гошик and Fly_Dream. Thanks for posting, little_polar_bear and thanks for the video, House 13.

Old 22-02-2010, 08:53   #278
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Yulia is 25 Hard to believe
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...

Old 22-02-2010, 10:56   #279
Can You See Them Now?

Not to mention a mom, composed entirely of plastic and getting a free ride from her boo.

Old 22-02-2010, 16:12   #280
Участник

I thought she looked really cute at her birthday party... some pics saved, of course. I don't get why her face looks so plastic sometimes, but occasionally she still looks like her old self there!

Thanks for the info, little polar bear!

Closed ThreadPost New Thread