Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Fanfic - The Irish

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 20:00   #141
MoonMate *27*

Send a message via MSN to serbiantatu
You outdid yourself! This is not fantastic this is absolutly best writting i have ever get to read... How do u manage it? Every sentece so meaningful, so simple so symbolic so perfect.

" It seemed the dark one would beat the white in this game." and just when i thought Wow theres more to come ... "Yulia practically stepped onto the board, causing the miniature horses to fall off their stands" ... When she steped in Lenas life there was not important anymore wholl win dark or white...

Chortling, Lena drew a circle over the cold glass. “Here’s your sun.”

"Staring hard at the tip of Lena’s finger, Yulia noted that trails of water began to drip down, destroying the perfect circle. She unconsciously tightened her grip around Lena." - There it is entire life desribed in few senteces. Could anyone describe better life with less words n with more simplicity then you just did there?

Im in loss for words, you never stop to amaze me - But THIS update... Its for nobel price.
~~~~~~~~~~~
People Dont Change, They Just Get Older
Old 11-09-2005, 22:41   #142
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
Wow, I think everyone has conveyed already what I wanted to say! They have come so far, and too know that Volkova grew old without her it must have been a very hard life for them both. I admit to reading this update several times!
Old 12-09-2005, 00:38   #143
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
You know, I was thinking more about this update & an idea came to my mind. This is *exactly* the type of writing I could totally see being analyzed in a high school senior honors english class for the meaning of the symbolism & the meanings behind almost every freaken sentence! Maybe if I had this to analzye when I was a senior, I would've done better in english class. lol

I think serbiantatu said it best with this:

Quote:
"Staring hard at the tip of Lena’s finger, Yulia noted that trails of water began to drip down, destroying the perfect circle. She unconsciously tightened her grip around Lena."
There it is entire life desribed in few senteces. Could anyone describe better life with less words n with more simplicity then you just did there?
Again, uhaku, this was just one freaken hell of an update!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 04:19   #144
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
what can i say....absolutly freakin fantastic update....

you never seize to amaze me with your talent...this could definitely be made into another book and i would go out and buy this one like i did 666.

The flash backs that you portray with such detail...just everything. You bring such feeling to these character...that i hope Yulia and Lena some how in the end are together.

And I hope the other lena keeps her promise to Yulia...and doesn't get her hopes up..

thank you for the two wonderful chaps...waiting patiently for the next installement
Old 13-09-2005, 04:13   #145
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....speechless.....
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 13-09-2005, 16:05   #146
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
Umm, thank you so much for the kind words. I do think the praises are too high.
I’m embarrassed, in a good way though. *Blushes* I feel absolutely flattered that
you guys took the time to analyze and dissected it. ^____^ So happy! This
update is kinda short, but it’s always hard for me when it reaches a certain,
turning point. I hope I could keep you guys entertained.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>

CHAPTER 44

It was six o’clock in the evening sharp. Thick clouds began to cover most of sky in
sight. The temperature had dropped so drastically in the past hour. I was wearing a
black coat with a gray sweater inside, a white wool scarf wrapped around my neck.
Standing right in front of an alley, I pulled the collar tighter as the fierce wind blew
past me. I marched into alley, heading towards the lone, rusty door at the end. After
eight months of going through strings of lousy private detectives, I finally found a
really effective one, who finally led me right to someone who actually knew the
forgotten myth firsthand.

I grabbed the cold, metallic knob and twisted it, opening the door and studying the
dark staircase before me. The humid odor hit me like a nasty mushroom cloud; I
pulled my scarf up to cover my nose.

“Hello? It’s Lena Myer. Is anyone here…?”

There was no reply. But the door was unlocked as Mrs. Petitot instructed me on the
phone, so I decided to walk up the steps and closed the door behind me. Putting my
hand up against the wall, I carefully reached the second floor.

The large room was divided into two zones; the living room and the supposed
bedroom behind a Japanese-style partition. High windows took up the entire west side
of the room, letting the gloomy light in. Although the place looked old, it was tidier
more than I had expected.

Out of the blue, the fluorescent lights attached to the high ceiling were switched on. I
jumped and turned to see an old woman walking out from behind the partition. She
was slightly younger than Volkova, and taller. From what the detective told me, the
woman must have been around eighty years old. She had dark eyes and her gray,
curly hair was trimmed short above her ears.

“Mrs. Petitot?” I stood still, observing the old woman.

“You must be the one who called me. Lena Myer, isn’t it? Yes, I am Mrs. Petitot, but
you can call me Sarah. Would you like something to drink?”

“No, thank you.” I politely rejected. I intended to keep this meeting short. After
spending an entire night listening to Volkova’s life, I didn’t dare to get too close to a
stranger again. It hurt to leave them when they were so fragile and lonely.

Sarah gestured me to sit on the chair next to the window, and I did accordingly, taking
my coat off.

“Not many people still remember her nowadays. I’m surprised that a young woman
like you is interested. Are you somewhat related to Mr. Myer, Roland Myer?”

“He’s my grandfather. He passed away a year ago.”

“Oh…” Sarah looked down slightly. “Did he not tell you about the Irish?”

“He never mentioned her. Until I recently met Yulia Volkova, his then fiancée. Do
you know her as well?”

Sarah looked at me, froze in her spot. “Yulia… Yulia Volkova… She is still alive…?”

“She’s ninety years old and still waiting.”

“You do not mean that she is still waiting for… for the Irish…?”

I just looked straight into the dark eyes, searching for some clues or answers.

“But it had been so long ago!” The old woman gasped, covering her mouth with both hands.

I rose from my chair, too thrilled and anxious to sit still. “Can you tell me where she is?”

Sarah looked up at me, tears in her eyes. “Please tell Ms. Volkova to give up. There is
no point. It is useless…” The old woman looked down, shaking her head. “The Irish
died even before World War II ended… Oh, poor Volkova!”

I froze. I should have guessed the answer long ago, but hope always got the best of
anyone, and I knew now that it was the only thing that could keep one alive.

“Who is this, Sarah?”

I stoically turned when I heard a coarse voice calling, and saw an old man coming up
the stairs where I came. He had two plastic bags in his hands. He looked puzzled
when he saw me.

Sarah promptly stood up and moved to retrieve the bags from him.

“This is my husband, Oliver Petitot. Oliver, this is Lena Myer, your former boss’
granddaughter.”

>>>

It was already dark outside when I rushed out through the rusty door, heading towards
the curbside at the alley’s entrance. Carrying a thick, small book Oliver had just given
me, I pulled the collar tighter, feeling vulnerable more than ever. Tears were welling
up my eyes. It hurt so much when I knew what the truth would do to the old Volkova.

The need to get out of there became immediate. I needed to be in a better place at
once. My apartment was located in the better neighborhood of town, and I cursed
myself for not driving here.

“Taxi! Taxi!” I stumbled into someone, but I was too dreaded to turn and apologize,
ignoring the curses that came afterwards.

“Someone’s in a rush.” A voice snickered behind me.

I eventually turned at the familiar, sweet, echoing voice. A dark-haired stranger was
standing, leisurely leaning against the old, gray, bricked wall. I could see her blue
eyes twinkling behind the pair of trendy glasses.

She smirked at me. “Was I of any help to you?”

“Who are—” I stopped. I realized then that she was the private detective I hired a
month ago, the one who brought me here. We had strictly communicated through
phone calls only. Her sudden appearance tonight greatly perplexed me.

“So you’ve met my grandparents, Lena Myer.” She moved closer to me and
confidently offered a handshake. “No more codename ‘Ranger’. Juliana Petitot.”

I stopped. I tried to understand the strange, dream-like situation I was in. But this
could not be a coincidence, could it? All lives began as hope ended. The cycle went
on and on.

My legs started to shake and I fell to my knees. Breaking into a full-blown cry before
the stranger, I angrily threw the book against the wall, defeated. It was the Irish’s last
journal Oliver had kept until this day. But there was no use, was there?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 13-09-2005, 17:34   #147
Yearning

Oh no!!!! Awwwwww. Poor Irish...poor Old Volkova! I truly felt saddened to learn the fate of the Irish that happened so long ago. I feel *so* bad for Old Volkova, waiting all these years only to have any inkling of hope to soon be shattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaku
My legs started to shake and I fell to my knees. Breaking into a full-blown cry before the stranger, I angrily threw the book against the wall, defeated. It was the Irish’s last
journal Oliver had kept until this day. But there was no use, was there?
Yes there is use!!! There is!! I wanna know what's in that last journal!!!!

You know, I wonder about the Irish's fate..hmm....I'll keep my mouth shut on what I speculate.

Hope you won't keep us waiting too long uhaku for the next update! I'm totally hooked!
Old 13-09-2005, 17:37   #148
Участник

Send a message via MSN to rasoska
oh my!!!
what a great chapter!!
so now we have juliana, a detective, and lena, both granddaughters of people who knew yulia volkova and irish. this should get highly interesting!!
brilliant twist indeed!!

and i cant do otherwise but to cry and feel sorry for the old volkova

and uhaku you should trust your readers, praises arent given for nothing, specially the high ones
~~~~~~~~~~~
Slippery When Wet
Old 13-09-2005, 22:29   #149
MoonMate *27*

Damnit you tricked me said no update in next few days n i only read it now when i could few hours ago! But you dont know how it is to wait for an update of such a great story from such a great writer!

Oh its getting complicated! I love how you make twists in ur story, not rushed not predictible n you keep your story fresh n interesting always with every update. I love how pieces of story follows one another n how its always intense theres no downside updates and alway plenty of characters... Just everything book - let me repeat :BOOK (not fic lol) should have. You cant do that to this story n not publish it, its simply too good for it to stay 'just a fic' (wich ur stories never were - just another fics).

Cant wait for new update *excited*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 13-09-2005, 23:30   #150
the likeness of a human

Quote:
“Someone’s in a rush.” A voice snickered behind me.

I eventually turned at the familiar, sweet, echoing voice. A dark-haired stranger was
standing, leisurely leaning against the old, gray, bricked wall. I could see her blue
eyes twinkling behind the pair of trendy glasses.
Scheming little pixie, I so didn't expect that! Hahaha, it's always good when you can surprise me...

Now, now, keep it coming. I like how you handle certain situations.
Old 15-09-2005, 08:57   #151
Новенький

Uffff!poor old Volkova...I hope the young Lena won't tell her the truth...I'm sure she tought of that already, but prefers having faith...that maybe...she's somewhere up there..
Hmm...Lena Myer and Julia-na P. ..will that mean the circle of life found another two young girls to continue in a way The Irish and Yulia's story?...
wow...this is so exciting!I can't wait for the new update...this story is as great as Darkness Within!! I didn't expect I'll get so anxious about The Irish too...I hope u'll continue writing it!
And I second everything it's been said already about your writing skills uhaku! believe it!
Old 15-09-2005, 09:02   #152
BiAtch

With the intoduction of Juliana, this fic just got even more intriguing (if thats possible) and more addicting. Sad to read that Lena might be dead, but I am like the Old Volkova and won't lose hope just yet
Thanks again for the updates!
Old 16-09-2005, 15:33   #153
Uhaku's alter ego

Wow. Thank you, everyone! I’m surprised though that Juliana Petitot
got this much attention. Umm, should I be telling u this?

Well, I wrote the latter part of the last chapter, and then deleted it, and rewrote
it and deleted it again. Finally, I decided to include it. But she isn’t going to be
one of the main characters from now on. The Irish will still be about the
Irish and the old Volkova, not LM and JP.

I think I’m getting old or something, but I was saddened myself when I finally
decided the Irish’s fate. So JP was like a glimpse of the rise of hope here. Nothing more.
To turn the story in a total new direction would ruin the previous atmosphere, I think.
So I hope you still enjoy the rest of the story, yow.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>

CHAPTER 45

It was a chilly night when Roland Myer made a visit to an abandoned warehouse in
the middle of nowhere to have a secret meeting with Holden Young. He was offered
to take a multi-millions drugs deal. It was a good opportunity for to him to make a
stand on his own since it was known that Lena had wanted out even before the
incident at Central Station. Her serious injury only threatened the possibility of her
return. Roland couldn’t help feeling saddened that he and his friend were slowly
driven apart each year past.

Riding in the back seat of his car, Roland took a look at the velvet box in his hand
with a heavy heart. He had never felt this lost before. Yulia had become distant, and
furthermore, had let Lena replace him entirely, as Oliver had been reporting to him.
But he still hoped that Yulia would realize that he was the better choice after all. He
could provide her with everything she needed, while his friend was only the legend
time would erase. The infatuation would eventually end.

The car gradually pulled over in front of the warehouse. Holden Young and his men
were gathering around, welcoming their new business partner. Wayne Burke
approached his master, a smirk on his face.

“It seems to go as planned, sir,” Burke said.

Holden just smiled lightly and walked up to Roland, leading everyone into the
warehouse.

>>>

In the dressing room on the second floor of the Volkov mansion, Yulia spun around in
a black gown, while holding another shimmering golden one.

“Oh, I cannot decide! Which do you think is more appropriate?”

The fat, blond man was leaning against the door, a cigar between his lips. His
mansion was still mostly empty, but they managed to get their bedrooms and kitchen
refurnished. Angela and a few other new maids tagged along with their masters as
well.

“You ought to stick with the black dress, nothing too flashy. What is it again,
pumpkin? Turandot? What is that?”

Smiling, Yulia observed her own reflection in the tall mirror. “It’s an opera show,
father.”

“An opera! Can I come with you?” Dimitri grinned.

“Unfortunately, you cannot,” Yulia said and laughed heartily.

Dimitri looked down a little before moving beside his daughter, gently helping her to
zip up the back of her gown. “Now that you are well enough, do you still want to
move to London…?” He quietly studied her reflection. A hint of seriousness suddenly
graced over her face.

Yulia instantly looked away. “I… Do we have to, father? Can’t mother and Alex
come back here?”

“Considering my position now, it is best to leave… but I cannot force you to come
with me, pumpkin. I understand you have something important here.” Dimitri softly
turned his daughter around to face him. “But are you sure about her?”

Yulia’s eyes bulged. She had not expected that her father had been spying on her.

“What about that kid, Roland?”

“There’s nothing going on between me and Roland. There never was anything.”

“But you have given him hope.”

Yulia sighed.

“You cannot possibly want them both!” Dimitri frowned.

“Father! It’s nothing like that. I’ve decided!” The young woman blushed, pacing
around fidgety.

Dimitri just kept quiet, allowing his daughter to take the time to think.

“With her… it’s so different… I don’t know why I’m so happy just to be near her. I
can’t understand it. Is it really love, father?” She looked up and pleaded. “Does it
matter…?”

Dimitri was taken aback by his daughter’s sincere reluctance. The question struck him
as odd because Yulia should know that he loved her mother with all his heart. He then
realized something he never did before. For women, there was love to long for, and
then virtue to uphold. Although Yulia was very modern and had grown up in a liberal
society, she knew that the world she lived in had not evolved as fast. There were
things to be considered, and women always had to think twice.

For the first time, Dimitri had to think before he said something. He knew he still hold
some weight in his daughter’s decision, and it had partly become his responsibility.

“Does it…?” Yulia slipped her arms around her father and clung onto him.

Dimitri couldn’t help but sighed. “It always does, sweetheart.”

>>>

Sitting on the bed, Lena looked around at the gowns she laid all over the room, deep
in her thoughts. She wasn’t sure which she would wear for tomorrow night. Having
never bothered to look her best, she felt a little embarrassed to act this way now.
Before another thought hit her, she strode to the desk, wondering if she would wear
any makeup as well. Of course, it would only look right to put some on.

“What am I doing…?” Lena muttered to herself, blushing as she gazed at the small
mirror in front of her.

Out of the blue, a knock came upon the door. It was already late in the night, and she
dreaded to answer the door, knowing who it was. Slowly, she got up from the desk
and walked out of the bedroom.

Lena put up a smile before she grabbed the knob. “Hello, Roland.”

The dark-haired, young man grinned broadly and greeted her with a bear hug. “How
are you, my dear Lena? I’m sorry I couldn’t come earlier!”

“It’s all right. I rather have you here now than early in the morning,” Lena joked. She
led him in and went into the kitchen to make some tea.

Roland hung his coat over the hanger by the door. He glided into the living room and
sank onto the couch. He seemed to be in a great mood tonight.

“How have you been? Feeling better?”

At the thought of Yulia, Lena nodded, smiling lightly. The blonde had done more than
she could ever hoped for, replacing all the loneliness she felt with warmth.

Roland shifted nervously in his seat before he said, “I have something to tell you.”

Pouring the tea into two cups, Lena just briefly glanced up at him. Her friend had
been busy the past weeks, and she didn’t know what he had been up to.

“Please don’t be mad at me… I’d just been to a meeting with Holden Young. We got
a deal together.” Roland looked down in guilt.

Lena didn’t even flinch upon hearing it. She never wanted Roland to hate someone
because of her. But it didn’t mean that she would not kill Holden if she had a chance.
She still remembered why she was seeing the world through only an eye. She couldn’t
care less if it would ruin whatever deal Roland was having with Holden. The only
concern here was that she feared Holden was up to something.

“I hope it’s a good business.” Lena brought the tea for Roland and sat down next to
him.

“Forgive me for doing this without telling you first. I was afraid you’d object—”

“Business is business. Just be careful, that is all.”

Roland let out a sigh in relief. “I should have known that you’d be as understanding as
always. By the way, I haven’t heard from Celia ever since you paid a visit to her that
day. How was she? It’s my fault again that I’d been so busy I didn’t have time to talk
to you.”

Lena carefully put the hot cup on the small table, her heart aching at the mention of
her godmother. “She found out about what we do.”

Roland groaned and shook his head. “I knew she’d suspect it!”

“She did, and Holden sent his men to confirm it.”

Roland’s mouth hung open in bewilderment.

“I believe Burke was the one who rampaged through Celia’s apartment. It was a mess
when I got there.”

“Wayne Burke! Why didn’t you tell me earlier!?”

Lena leaned back, staring up at the ceiling. “I didn’t know you’d be doing business
with them, so I didn’t want to bother you with this bit of news.” The fact was that
Lena found it hard to tell Roland that their godmother had just denied them. It hurt too
much to put into words, and she just hoped that Roland would learn it in time.

Roland stopped for a moment before he held Lena’s hand. “It seems… it seems we’ve
become so distant from each other. I don’t like it.”

Lena gently rubbed his hand back. Ever since Yulia came into their lives, they were
driven apart even more so. She still couldn’t think of a way to confront the truth with
him. At the thought of seeing Yulia walking away again, she gathered her strength.
The time was now.

“Roland.… There’s been something I—”

The young man smiled widely and put his hands over her shoulders. “I have
something to show you.” He then took the velvet box out of his pocket.

Lena stared at the sparkling object on his palm for the longest time, knowing too well
what it meant. For a split second, she wished she could turn back the time and redo
everything again. Even if Roland was doing this on purpose, it didn’t upset her; if she
had been braver, she would have done the same thing.

“I bought it right after Yulia was shot. I couldn’t believe how much I’m in love with
this girl, Lena. I was so afraid of losing her. Although I do think it’s a bit fast, but I’m
going to ask her to marry me. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now. I don’t even
mind to permanently settle in London.”

Lena forced herself to take her gaze away from the ring and looked up at him. She
wasn’t sure if she was smiling or crying. “I didn’t know she still wants to move,” she
muttered.

Roland chuckled. “Her family—her whole life is there. There’s nothing left for her
here but the ranch, which I don’t think is that important to her.”

Lena looked down a little. She believed that the ranch was everything to Yulia, or else
she wouldn’t return it to her. But she opted to let Yulia be the one to decide how
much anything—anyone meant.

Excitedly, Roland clasped his hands. “I can start a family with her in London! We’ll
take a few years off for her to have babies, and then we’ll travel all over Europe. I’m
sure she’ll love it!”

“You certainly plan much ahead…” Lena finally smiled. It was probably the way it
should be. She had no plan with Yulia but the moments of small happiness together
here and there. She never dared to question if it were enough, or would it last, but
Roland was ready and could provide everything a woman needed. A woman Yulia
would eventually grow to be. Family and social status were nothing Lena ever had in
mind. Roland was going to show Yulia the world of future and excitement, whereas
Lena only knew the darkest places of memory and pain. How foolish she was to think
that it would just be all right between them.

Roland went on talking about his plans in Europe. He had found out where his
biological father was and had written him. The old man replied with delight, and even
though Roland wasn’t too naive to know that it was all because of his money, Roland
couldn’t wait to pay him a visit.

The redhead just kept silent and listened to him. Her friend would have everything she
ever wished for, but she didn’t know why she couldn’t make herself to wish him well
at the moment. Yulia had become another reason for her to hate, and she despised this
feeling inside her. She needed to do something to let it all go this instant.

Before Roland leave the apartment, Lena went into her bedroom and came out with a
smile. She handed two tickets to the opera to Roland.

“Turandot…? But aren’t you supposed to go with her?” Roland asked. He looked
genuinely puzzled, but Lena decided to ignore whatever the truth in his heart.

“It’s just a girls’ night out. Your matter is more important.”

“Oh, you’re the best! Thank you so much!” Roland gave Lena a hug and left with a
promise to bring her good news tomorrow. But Lena secretly dreaded to hear it.

>>>

Roland came out of the apartment building and headed towards his car. Oliver opened
the door for him and he climbed in. In the back seat, he let the shadows hide away his
pride and shame. He had never thought he could do this to his best friend. Clutching
the tickets in his gloved hands, tears of anger began to well up his eyes. The night ride
back home had never felt this lonely to him.

>>>

It had been a while since Roland left the apartment, but Lena was still standing at the
door, unable to move. Staring at the steely knob, she wished she had the courage to
run after him and asked for the tickets back. But she was always too late. She was the
coward who ran instead of fighting Mason for her family. She was always the one to
back out when problems arise, and she would always be the one to lose.

Shaking her head, she started to laugh aloud. She stumbled back against the wall,
unable to stop. She wanted to laugh at herself until she forgot how to cry.

>>>

In her favorite, creamy nightgown, Yulia hopped onto the bed, smiling as she glanced
at the black dress hanging by the closet. Although her bedroom had been refurnished,
she still remembered how Lena climbed over the balcony on the night of Christmas
Eve, and then tied her up with the chair. It was a hellish night, but was also the most
adventurous one Yulia had ever experienced. The redhead took her to places where
light abandoned, where life was changed forever—where she didn’t know love could
exist.

Smiling, she closed her eyes and dreamt of the hand that guided her in the dark.
Tomorrow would be just fine.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!
Old 16-09-2005, 15:55   #154
Yearning

OMG!!! NOOO!!!!! LENA!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?! Oh for the love of crap why?!?! Lena, get your freaken ass out that freaken door and go see Yulia and get your freak on!!!!!!! DAMN YOU ROLAND!!!! DAMN_YOU!!!!!!!! *takes out a hammer and starts bashing Roland to pieces* How could you do that to your friend?!?! For the love of pete, you finally see that Yulia is freaken HAPPY with LENA and your selfish ass has to go and ruin it!!! You coniving bastard!! No wonder why your freaken conscious haunted you til the day you died!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*comes back from rant*

Well, damn uhaku, you sure know how to evoke emotion, to say the least. LOL DANG! I've come to discover that I have a love/hate relationship with your characters. *laughs* Damn good writing!
Old 16-09-2005, 18:46   #155
Божественная красота

Send a message via AIM to YLuelniaa Send a message via MSN to YLuelniaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2dream28
OMG!!! NOOO!!!!! LENA!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!! WHY?!?!?!?! Oh for the love of crap why?!?! Lena, get your freaken ass out that freaken door and go see Yulia and get your freak on!!!!!!! DAMN YOU ROLAND!!!! DAMN_YOU!!!!!!!! *takes out a hammer and starts bashing Roland to pieces* How could you do that to your friend?!?! For the love of pete, you finally see that Yulia is freaken HAPPY with LENA and your selfish ass has to go and ruin it!!! You coniving bastard!! No wonder why your freaken conscious haunted you til the day you died!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree,....fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk fcuk,. what were you thinking girllllllll you best get your ass up and go to the TURNODOT...and sweep that woman of her feet..... and ROLAND how freakin dare you do that......the Nerve.... gah..bastard. Obviously.... we know Yulia accepts...but why oh why oh why..pffffffft

*sighs* anyways.. that was very good...but very saddening!
Thanks for the update
Old 16-09-2005, 20:03   #156
MoonMate *27*

With friend like that who needs enemy? It seem it was not enough for him to betray Lena n fall in Holdens trap (oh of course he dont want just work, Holden isnt THAT naive.. is he?) - its just work... Its just work my ass Holden almost killed Lena! So it wasnt enough for him to do work with Holden, he even had to take only light Lena could hold on to, last piece of hope he had to take away from her. He has his health his money his father but he had to take HERS Yulia? Yes.. he is friend. very much so. He dont even love Yulia he dont even know her well n he knows she dont love him ither... Hes just the most selfinvolved person n every second he felt alone on his way home - he deserved it. If only Lena could be as strong about her getting her love as the Irish is for getting her revange..

Great update Lin! I love it.. As always and i have to say thank you for finding time to update it this regulary.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 17-09-2005, 04:58   #157
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa......huhuhu
fckity fck...

tnx for the update...hugs
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 17-09-2005, 06:21   #158
BiAtch

Cecilia's denial of Lena has added to her insecurities, and as Lena she must think that she is not good enough for Yulia... if only she had the Irish's confident attitude. Well, as for Roland, that was just so wrong of him, I think he has been jealous all along and taking the one thing Lena cherishes the most at the moment must make him feel real manly. This is so real, I can almost hear Yulia's heart break when Roland instead of Lena shows up
Thanks for the update, as always!
Old 18-09-2005, 19:12   #159
the likeness of a human

Quote:
I think I’m getting old or something, but I was saddened myself when I finally
decided the Irish’s fate. So JP was like a glimpse of the rise of hope here. Nothing more.
To turn the story in a total new direction would ruin the previous atmosphere, I think.
So I hope you still enjoy the rest of the story, yow.
Well, there's always the possibility for a... spin-off! Lol!
Wouldn't that be fun... and complicated? Just the way you like it.
Old 19-09-2005, 17:50   #160
Uhaku's alter ego

I apologize in advance for any mistake here. Didn’t have much time to reread or
edit or anything here. ^_^’ Thank u, everyone, for ur inputs! U guys cheered me
up, indeed. I didn’t mean to let Roland be the bad guy…but I guess I have done
it. Umm… ummm…

Btw, the idea of a spin-off always scares me. First, a Natalia spin-off. Now this? I
only have two hands and one brain to type up a story so fast. Are u trying to
murder me? Loooool.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

CHAPTER 46

The gloomy morning walk did not cheer Lena up even a bit. She kept strolling along
the lake, head down. There was no need to get dress up, so she opted for her usual
black coat, a black turtleneck and a wool skirt. Oliver and a few of her bodyguards
were following not too far away, watching out for her. She suppressed her sigh, while
wondered what a life without fear would be. Both hands tucking in her pockets, she
toyed with the gun with her left hand, deeply desire to pull the trigger for once. At
anything—anyone.

Soon, she came to stand in front of Celia’s apartment. She pushed the door open and
entered. The place had been cleaned up, and the broken furniture was thrown away,
making the space look larger than usual. That piano Lena loved to see Celia play was
still there though. The strings must have been fixed.

Lena glided towards the piano and drummed her fingers on a few keys. The same
dark-haired girl she saw that day came bursting through the back door, looking
bewildered to see her again.

Lena kept playing the piano while stared up at the girl. “Did they come by again?”

The girl nodded a little. “They… they told us to fix the piano. They said they will
come collect it this evening.”

Lena scoffed, pounding on the keys and causing the girl to flinch.

“They… they want the fridge as well…”

Lena paced around, taking a good look at the place. Through the window, she noted
that her bodyguards were standing outside.

“Then they shall have them,” Lena said coldly. “You work for Celia?”

“Yes, ma’am. I help taking care of the young ones.”

Lena peeped out through the gap between the opened back door and the wall, catching
a glimpse of a small building, where Celia let her children in care to stay. “You’re not
so old yourself,” she commented lightly.

“I’m going to be fourteen soon.”

“What’s your name?”

“Sarah Cohen.”

Lena turned to stare at the girl, in which the girl instantly looked down. When Roland
was old enough, he picked a last name he wanted instead of Cohen. Lena thought that
he must have somewhat felt that he didn’t belong to the family.

“We’re practically sisters, then.”

“Are you one of Celia’s children?” Sarah asked, smiling.

Lena ignored the question. She didn’t know how to answer. Moving towards the
staircase, she glanced up there. The second floor was kept dark. “Is Celia home?”

“She’s been out to help Father John since early morning.”

Lena knew that Celia usually spent a whole day at the church. She then whistled, and
Oliver instantly entered.

“Get Frank. Now,” Lena ordered, snapping her fingers. Oliver nodded and rushed out
the door.

Lena turned and smiled at Sarah. She sat down on the piano chair, drumming her
fingers over the keys again. “Do you play, Sarah?”

As if the girl could sense the coldness beneath that smile on the Irish’s face, she
shifted uncomfortably in her spot, not daring to move closer. She finally shook her
head.

“I believe you do…” Lena stopped playing the piano and gave her full attention to the
girl. “But you will not touch this piano again. Understood?”

The girl gulped and nodded.

Walking past Sarah, Lena patted her head and strode towards the door.

>>>

It was five in the afternoon, and Yulia stood dumbfound by the doorsteps of her
mansion, blankly staring at the black Cadillac parked right in front of her. She was all
dressed up, but was expecting someone else.

“Hello, Yulia.”

At Roland’s charming smile, Yulia numbly extended her hand to receive his kiss. She
didn’t understand it. Was this some kind of a prank Lena was pulling? She felt a lump
in her throat and a slap in her face. She felt like a clown in this expensive, revealing
gown and ravishing makeup.

“Where is Lena?” It was probably an inappropriate question now, but she couldn’t
help it though. The look on Roland face was close to being saddened.

“She’s just remembered that she has an errand to settle. Would you mind my
company?”

Yulia tried to still her trembling hands, but failed miserably. What errand was so
important that Lena forgot to give her a call and even sent Roland here instead? Was
this supposed to be how Lena made up to her for ruining the last show? She scoffed at
herself for believing the redhead. Love had left her defenseless, and she was
wounded. As always, Lena’s usual, careless ways effortlessly managed to shatter
Yulia’s heart.

“I’m delighted to have you here, of course. Shall we go?” Putting up a smile, Yulia
took a step down and slipped her arm around his.

>>>

The sun had set just a few minutes ago, reddening the cloudy skies above. Up on the
second floor of Celia’s apartment, Lena sat in the dark, a bottle of whisky and a
bucket of ice on a small table next to her. With a loaded gun ready in her left hand,
she held the glass of whisky with her right hand, sipping it quietly. She had asked
Oliver and the men to hide in the adjacent building. They were reluctant, but order
was an order anyway.

The stomping and yelling downstairs echoed against the loud humming of the truck
parking right in front of the building. Holden Young’s thugs had come to collect the
furniture as promised. These men bullied and took advantage from anyone they could,
but the Irish wasn’t going to just sit back and watch them this time. Not here.

After roughly half an hour of hurling, the men finished loading the furniture onto the
back of the truck. They left with a laugh that would have imprinted in and haunted
young Sarah’s mind for days to come.

Lena tensed up as she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She thought that the men
had all left. She raised her gun and aimed at the top of the staircase. Even in the dark,
she would not miss.

“Lena…?”

On the top flight of the stairs, Celia ran her hand clumsily over the wall. She found
the switch and turned the light on. She had just returned home to see her furniture
being hurled away, while she could do nothing to prevent it. It was all her dearest
child’s fault, yet Lena still dared to point the gun at her.

Celia studied the pale face under the dimming, amber light. “They wanted something,
and they took it. What are you here for…? My life?”

Lena sat still, unable to understand why she couldn’t lower the gun. She didn’t know
who was her friend or enemy anymore. Celia would not look at her the way she used
to. The warmth had disappeared from the older woman’s gaze. Roland marched in last
night and daringly claimed the only person she had ever loved, while she couldn’t
even bring herself to protest. Life had always been unfair, and anger seemed to be the
only mean to justify it.

>>>

The crowd went crazy as the third act of Turandot ended. Thunderous applauses
echoed through the whole house. Like everyone else, Roland stood up for the ovation,
but Yulia was chained in her luxurious, velvet, crimson chair. Throughout the
performance, she just sat there, looking down from the balcony to the stage. But her
mind was elsewhere.

Tears began to flood her eyes, and she clapped with the rest of the audiences, make
believe that she was just impressed by the performance. Although the play had ended
and Turandot had accepted the prince, Yulia felt she was still stuck somewhere in the
wilderness of pain and malice, scheming to execute those who had come to claim her
love. Her heart was left cold and bitter. Love had suddenly felt that way.

>>>

After the truck left, Oliver and the bodyguards sneaked back into Celia’s home. Sarah
was watching the men gathering at the bottom of the stairway, waiting for their boss
to come down.

“Do you carry guns like those men do?” Sarah asked out of the blue.

Perplexed, Oliver turned to the girl and nodded.

“Are you the goodies or the baddies?”

Oliver couldn’t help but smiled. “We’re here to make sure that those men don’t hurt
you anymore. You decide.”

Sitting on the stool, Sarah rocked her thin body back and forth, her legs swinging
lightly. The strawberry-blond-haired, young man couldn’t have been more than
twenty years old, yet he was already out there, making a living for himself with a
powerful gang.

“I think you’re one of the goodies. You look like one.”

Leaning against the wall, Oliver just chortled.

>>>

The opera show had just ended. Roland thought the night was still young, so he took
Yulia for a stroll along Lake Michigan. Holding her gloved hand, he led her up north,
their bodyguards following in the distance. Yulia had been quiet ever since they left
the opera house, lost in her vacant mind.

Roland squeezed her hand a little and stopped right by the lake. “I remember the first
time I met you, it was about twenty miles north from here. It was a very cold night.”

Yulia looked out to the dark water.

“It will be a year ago in a few months. Time flies, doesn’t it?”

Yulia absentmindedly nodded. It was the same night she first met Lena as well. If it
wasn’t because she decided to leave Tonya’s place early that night, Lena would
probably close the deal with her father without further social gathering, and they
might have never met. Tonya was introducing a man to her at the party, but she knew
just by the first glance that she wouldn’t be interested. Little did she know what was
waiting for her in the street; fate.

>>>

Just about eight blocks away from Celia’s apartment, the truck stopped at a red light.
The men in the back of the truck started to loosen up. Some were drinking, while the
others sat around over the laying fridge and table. A man grinned as he playfully sat
on the piano chair and started playing a melody.

“I didn’t know you could play,” his friend said.

“I am Mozart, you idiot!”

They laughed.

>>>

“Why are you looking at me like that?” In the dimming light, Lena finally offered her
godmother a smile and lowered her gun. “I’m here to protect you.”

Celia studied her child with a dreaded heart. She opened her mouth long before she
could utter the words. “I don’t need your protection, Lena. You scare me…”

Lena got up and moved towards Celia. The older woman flinched, causing Lena to
stop. Suddenly, a thunderous explosion echoed down the street. Celia rushed to open
the window and stuck her upper body out to get a glimpse of what was happening out
there. The truck that had just left Celia’s home was burning in flame in the middle of
the road. People were screaming and running for their lives. But all the men in the
truck were very likely to be dead.

Celia spun around to face Lena, terrorized. “You…” she muttered.

Lena just shrugged. “He hit the wrong note. Everybody does that once in a while…
Why can’t you forgive me?” She moved a step closer, and Celia screamed in fright.

Oliver rushed up the stairs, bewildered. But he stopped when he saw that his boss
seemed to be all right.

Gripping the gun tightly, Lena lifted her hand up and brushed the tears away with the
edge of her sleeve. “Why can’t you…?” She didn’t even know why she wouldn’t hide
this murderous act from Celia. She foolishly hoped that her will to protect the older
woman and its brutal honesty could have weighed more. She knew now she was only
a fool, as always.

She began to rub her face feverishly, trying to dry her tears. She wanted to tear her
face apart and rip her heart out, so that no one could see—that there was nothing to
feel.

>>>

The night had never been clearer, and the wind finally softened. Roland got down on
his knees and offered Yulia the ring.

“I love you, Yulia… Will you marry me?”

Yulia froze in her spot. She had not expected this from Roland, especially not tonight
when her heart was broken to pieces by someone else.

>>>

In the midst of Celia’s scream, Lena smashed the whisky bottle to the ground with the
gun in her hand, fiercely turning around and pointing the gun at Celia. “Shut up! Just
shut up!”

“Please stop, Lena! Please!” Celia shut her eyes tightly, her back pressed against the
window. She eventually fell to her knees. “Please… stop it… Please, go away…”

The sight of Celia breaking down washed away Lena’s anger. She lowered the gun as
the words registered in her head. She wasn’t sure what she was doing. Threatening
someone to forgive her was a way to go, indeed.

Shuddering in fear, Celia began to cry. “I don’t need your protection… I don’t need
you… Please… leave me alone…”

>>>

Yulia stood against the wind, looking down at the man at her feet. Time did fly. It
passed so fast that she had to think back of the time when this man first came into her
life. It felt so long ago—so jaded. Roland had been nothing but kind to her. He
collected her from the lake and delivered her home unharmed. He stood by her father
when most of Dimitri’s powerful friends turned their backs on him. He had done
everything to protect her and helped her through the bad times. She still couldn’t
understand why she didn’t love him as she should. Instead, she gave her heart to
someone who barely cared to love.

Slightly trembling, Yulia reached out for his hand and held it. Maybe love didn’t
always matter. It didn’t now.

>>>

Lena stormed out of the building, followed closely by her guards. The gun was still
tight in her grasp. Frustrated, she kept turning around, panting. She had come to
protect Celia, but then turned into one of Holden’s men herself.

Looking ahead, she could see the burning truck from here, and hopelessly, she
watched the terror she had become. Love didn’t always explain everything. It didn’t
always defeat hatred. It always lost her.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>
CHAPTER 47

It was nearly two o’clock in the morning when I finished reading the entry of the day.
I would have liked to go on, but was feeling too exhausted to continue. Putting the
yellow-paged, black leather book at the head of the bed, I lied down and pulled the
blanket over me. I could get the slightly stale smell from the blanket though; Juliana
must have kept it in the closet for too long. As I reached towards the desk lamp,
wanting to turn in for the night, a knock came upon the door.

“Yes… Come in…” I glanced around, gripping the hem of the blanket.

Juliana in her pajamas walked in with a warm glass of milk. She still had the pair of
glasses on. I did think it fitted her careless look so fine.

“I saw the light under the door, so I figured you’re still awake.”

I sat up and took the milk from her. “Thank you.” I suddenly blushed when I thought
of how I broke down right in front of her just earlier today. I was too wrecked, so
Juliana brought me to her apartment just a few blocks away from Mrs. Petitot’s home.

Having heard the story from her grandparents since she was a child, Juliana had
grown to obsess with the myth. She had been showing me her collection of souvenirs
from the Irish’s days. A handkerchief, tea cups, a cane, a revolver, or even a board
game. My favorite was Lena Cohen’s white robe. I was amazed that they were still in
good condition.

“Juliana…” Holding the glass with both hands, I looked up at her. “Since you have
always known that Volkova is still alive, why haven’t you visited her?”

Smiling, Juliana sat down on the chair next to my bed, a knee up against her chest.
“I’m the one who know too much,” she whispered teasingly.

I chortled, unconsciously adoring her vibrant smile.

“I drive around the ranch often, you know, just to get a glimpse of what it should look
like seventy years back. But… seeing the old woman, I just couldn’t walk up to her
and tell her the truth. I didn’t even tell my granny that Volkova is still alive because
there’s no use. The past is the past. You can’t do anything to change it anyway… I
prefer Volkova to keep her hope alive.”

I sat in silence, staring at the glass in my hands. Juliana was the descendant of those
who wanted to protect the Irish, while I was of the one who tried to destroy her. In
this world where none of our generation knew of the Irish anymore, there were still
the two of us, bonded in the strangest way imaginable.

Juliana paused and studied me for a while. “Do you plan to be the one to break her heart?”

“I plan to save it,” I said firmly, staring back with determination.

Juliana laughed, and I looked down, blushing. Positively strange, I didn’t think I
could sleep tonight. I thought about going back for another entry or two. Time was
running out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

ReplyPost New Thread