Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

What's your name?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:43   #81
Primetime Anchor

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
forre, is forre more or less a diminutive of Olga in Swedish or what?
forre is a nick made by friends (actually my husband's friends for him firstly), then they began to call me by this nick too. Gradually it bacame the internet nick as it was easy to remember. Olga is a standard Russian name.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive
Old 07-07-2003, 02:10   #82
touch

fun topic darje. btw what a coincidence that you were a member of hamena.org. i used to lurk a lot over there until they started requiring a login just to browse the forum (grumble,grumble...). i was a big h&m fan, there's really a lot of good fiction on that site!

anyways, my name's elaine and my nick comes from when i was trying to make a "codename" for some game (mechwarrior i think?). the wolf was my then-favorite animal and e.l. are my initials, and also first 2 letters of my name. i don't even like the "_x" (actually i hate it), but it's what i added to get an email address since "elwolf" was taken.
Old 07-07-2003, 03:54   #83
Harrumph.

elwolf_x, I USED to be in Hamena's forums, too. Almost EVERY night. That was until the webmistress and me started having differences... but I guess she was right, I AM a pain in the ass. :P

Curious detail! When tATu started to come out in the US, Hamena BLOOMED with tATu topics. And I was the first one ever in Hamena to put a tATu avatar. :P Orchyd HATED me for that since I was number one of 50, and it was H/M, not Y/L. :P
Old 07-07-2003, 05:38   #84
touch

haha darje, too bad i wasn't a member of hamena with all that tatu stuff, it would've been interesting for me to see how other h&m fans reacted to y&l. on a sidenote, i think it was at tatu.us that one of the y&l pictures was changed to make the hair colors like h&m, interesting...

i'm just curious, but were you more a fan of michiru before? i was a big michiru-fan and now i'm a lena-fan so i was wondering if there's a similar trend . i even like both of their singing voices (lena & katsuki masako)!
Old 07-07-2003, 06:41   #85
Harrumph.

elwolf_x, yes! I was most definitely a Michiru fan. Haruka was cool but Michiru was THE GIRL. :P And now I'm a Lena fan too.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:01   #86
Echoes among the Stars

OK, I'll say my name - which is Rachael There's already at least one or two well-known Rachels on the forum, so I didn't want to burden you guys with one more, but I guess it doesn't matter

I was named after my grandmothers, who were Rachael and Miriam - sometimes when people hear both of my names they ask me if I'm Jewish because they're very Biblical names And nobody knows how to spell my name either, ha ha, although my mom's situation is worse: her name is Charmee (she was named after an aunt and NOBODY knows how she got such a strange name) and people always make it into Shirley, Charleen, one time even - seriously - Germy So I don't feel like I have such a bad time, really
Old 07-07-2003, 15:20   #87
Яннэ Нилсон

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghalib
You are my favourite coffee, no kidding !!
I have to go to IKEA to restock you !!

My name is my surname ... Ghalib was a muslim literary genius in India during the 18th Century ...

I am not ...
Great!
Lцfbergs Lila was founded 1906 in Karlstad by Josef, Anders and John Lцfberg. They imported Citroлn at the same time as they sold coffe.

Lцfberg is the family name. Lцf is old swedish for leaf, and berg is mountain.

They are the sponsor for Fдrjestad BK (Europeґs second best hockey-team last year after Lokomotiv Yaroslavl from Russia) also from Karlstad.

btw, IKEA is swedish too.
Old 12-07-2003, 23:31   #88
pie crust

Oh, yeah, my math-teacher told us about IKEA (why?). The guy who invented IKEA is called Ingvar Kamprad. So, there first two letters of IKEA were born (his initials): IK. He got the two last letter from Elmtaryd and Agunnaryd, the farm and village where he grew up. So the name IKEA was born.

Then he started selling pens, and things like that for a low price.. Then it was furniture, then it was something else... Uh.

Why my math teacher explained this to me, I don't know. Lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 12-07-2003, 23:38   #89
Яннэ Нилсон

Thats totally wrong. Eltaryd is the name of his former farm. =)The head-office and the first IKEA-warehouse is located in Дlmhult, Sweden.
Old 12-07-2003, 23:41   #90
pie crust

Oh.. well my math-teacher is a little *ahem ahem* so, well, it doesn't surprise me. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-07-2003, 23:42   #91
Яннэ Нилсон

Youґre forgiven.

Echoed: Names? Topic? Lol. On tooopic, por favor. ^_^'

Last edited by Echoed; 14-07-2003 at 08:11.
Old 14-07-2003, 13:05   #92
Ferpectly Mornal

My name is Rudene

Or Dene (pronounced Dean) for short

It's actually a combination of my mother and my father's name - why they couldn't remember something as simple as Nicole or Nadine is beyond me (they were secretely hoping I would be a boy) so they could call me after my dad (Rudi) and I guess the shock was just too much the element of surprise!

Veritas means "truth" in Latin

Last edited by Veritas; 17-07-2003 at 11:53.
Old 15-07-2003, 17:43   #93
the silent one

Send a message via ICQ to mir Send a message via MSN to mir
my name is :

in full Richard Robert Schild

as for my nick mir translated from russian (as most ppl know) means "the world" which is the place for me i will never completely know or understand
It's also the most wonderfull place where ya can meet equaly wonderfull people like here on this forum...

and for the seccond.. as being an instrumentmaker(technical)
and being obsessed by the russian space craft that had such an dramatic end, (eventhough it lived twice as long as it's designated life ) , due to the wellmade parts it was composed of...(made by instrumentmakers)

and btw mir is handy in common use don't you think?
~~~~~~~~~~~
m.a.y.b.e. co-founder

m.a.y.b.e. - Members Against You Being Evaluated
Old 15-07-2003, 22:45   #94
Lazy

My name is Darren.
Its origins are from 60's tv show.Bewitched i think it was.
Obviously my parents looked deep into meanings and thought Nah lets not give him a name that means anything,Lets give him a name that means nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Everybodys born to do a certain thing,If you're dead jammy you find it.
If you're good at it keep doing it.If you're fed up go and do something else.
We're really only here to look after the place
Old 16-07-2003, 22:02   #95
you'll need love

Ok here I go:
My name is Tina. When I was born my older brother was giving the oportunity to name me. He was five years old at the time and therefore he didn't really think of a name right away. His first suggestion was overruled since it was Jacob. Not a very fine name for a girl. Then my parents were thinking of "Camilla" - but then my brother named me after one of the girls he knew.
This leads to my nickname: TLFdk.TLF being my initianals and dk stands for Denmark. Plain and simple. Only used in tatu relations. At other boards I use my last name instead.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 16-07-2003, 22:16   #96
Яннэ Нилсон

Quote:
Originally posted by Lцfberg
Thats totally wrong. Eltaryd is the name of his former farm. =)The head-office and the first IKEA-warehouse is located in Дlmhult, Sweden.
btw. Itґs IKEAґs birthday today! 60 yrs in business.
And Ingvar Kamprad is 77.
Old 16-07-2003, 22:19   #97
pie crust

Wooho! I think I'm gonna fix up a party for IKEA then. :P

Oh, which reminds me.. I was in IKEA with my friends after gymnastics (why weren't we in school? ) You know in IKEA (by the exit) they have this little table where you can write stuff and then there is this whole box of pens.. So we took them all (the pens) and then we took all the paper bags aswell and bought candy, and walked around all over the store jumping on the beds there and stuff...

Oh the fun days.

Haha well sorry forre. I just had to go off-top.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 16-07-2003, 22:46   #98
Gaga ftw!

Send a message via AIM to Khartoun2004 Send a message via MSN to Khartoun2004 Send a message via Skype™ to Khartoun2004
ok so my name is Laura, but most people call me Hoffman since it's my last name.

My nickname is pronounced cartoon, but the inspiration came from an ancient city in modern day sudan called Khartoum. so I changed the M to an N to get Khartoun. 2004 is the year I graduate.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Alexander
EPIC!!!!!!
Velvet ropes and guitars
Yeah, cause you're my rock star in between the sets
Eyeliner and cigarettes
Old 17-07-2003, 11:23   #99
BiAtch

Send a message via AIM to showMElove2
Plain and popular american name.... Nicole but since birth I have always gone by Nikki. <pretty boring huh>
Old 17-07-2003, 13:28   #100
заичонок

Quote:
Originally posted by showMElove2
Plain and popular american name.... Nicole but since birth I have always gone by Nikki. <pretty boring huh>
I think it's a rather pretty name. Unusual isn't always good. People rarely spell my name right, although they're at least familiar with the name itself. My mother has never been particularly keen on her name - Eiry, which means 'snow' in Welsh - because there are very few others with the name, even in Wales, so people often do a double take when she tells them her name.

I'm terribly keen on the name Araminta (Minty, for short), but my best friend told me she'd never let me lumber a daughter of mine with a name like that!
~~~~~~~~~~~
You've cried enough this lifetime, my beloved polar bear
ReplyPost New Thread