Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:46   #101
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Crampaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
Cos I don't like being gay
Thats not so good..

And CaF Jenny is the black haired one.. really skinny one that has a bf... and then cheats on him with a girl
~~~~~~~~~~~
I never ask her to swallow my spunk until I go down on her first. It's just common courtesy
Die Bug Die!!!!!
Its urs osita..

Old 03-03-2005, 14:08   #102
Uhaku's alter ego

Send a message via MSN to Uhaku
I got the DVD a while ago. At first, I loved Marina character. Even had a silly fight with my g/f, who totally adored Jenny But by the time I finished the whole series, I just loved Dana and Alice!! They were funny! But that don't mean I root for what is coming next for them.

But yeah, I agree that the series did well about making lesbianism non-issue. But it could be a whole lot better written in some parts. Jenny character kinda ruined it for me. She was just creepy, BORING, and sometimes unrealistic. It scares me that she'll continue to be one of the main characters in season 2. Her character might fit well in one of the X-files episodes though.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Irina Slutskaya
the champion of my heart
I salute you!

I know it's not the correct order of the colors of the Russian flag, but I want Irina in blue anyway. Yeehaw!

Old 03-03-2005, 16:33   #103
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuff Grrl
Of course Mossop if you are arguing the The L Word is a badly written show, then I completely agree with you. It ain't no Sex and the City.
I dont think that's what she was arguing, but she can clarify that.

I just wanted to add, that I have only seen 3 espisodes so far, I cant say much, but I absolutely LOVE sex and the city. And if i have to compare the two based on my limited viewing, I would have to agree The L Word is second place - its missing a bit of edginess and esp the WIT of the Sex and the City.

OK, I know who Jenny is, the girl with the BIG eyes. She is very pretty, but DUMB! and that Marina character - I CANT stand her - she annoys me just looking at her
I still stick to my fav - Alice, Shane, the atrsy Bette, and I do enjoy the tennis one.

I better rent all the other DvDs and watch them fast
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 04-03-2005, 06:04   #104
The Dream is Over, :~(

Quote:
Originally Posted by denial
badly written show? why?
Oh, c'mon!
I can't be the only person who rolled her eyes at "bush confidence" last season.

Though I do admit, the writers have grown into the show, at first it seemed a little too clunky. You can tell the people involved are becoming more familiar with the show and its characters. Case in point, Dana in the pilot episode was a closetted bitchy McBeyotch but then the writers changed her to a dorky, socially inept lezzie. And that was good.

Furthermore, Jenny was downright unintentionally insufferable, ("eviscerated, I am" WTF!!!) throughout the first season mostly due to that shit we are supposed to take in as "poetry." So far in this season she has becoming surprisingly tolerable, and very self-aware of her actions. And this is also good.

I would say more but then it would it would include spoilers.

Old 05-03-2005, 00:32   #105
Bitchka

Well, im back here... still havent seen more episodes... and i think I will have to wait few days, as I prefer to rent those through Netflix ... but that's not the point right now...

I just looked up the people who play the main characters in the show (while i was additing the DvDs to my queue), and what do you know, Nebraska pops up once again. I get shocked, as I really thought NE was a dead.. dead.. deaaaaaaaaaaad place, but lately I discover lotsa people that come out of here. Another one is the girl who plays Alice: http://www.leisha-hailey.com/bio.php .. but I really, really hate the girl's voice now... if it just wasnt so annoying I knew there was a reason I should like her

Offtop:
I just recently found out that Marlon Brando also grew up in Omaha, NE

EDIT: Mda, here is the reason why I liked the tennis one as well .. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006439/bio ... now i like her even more - degree in Architecture .. there is hope then, I can still make it in the entertaining world ha ha
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 05-03-2005, 04:03   #106
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
EDIT: Mda, here is the reason why I liked the tennis one as well .. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006439/bio ... now i like her even more - degree in Architecture .. there is hope then, I can still make it in the entertaining world ha ha
Vassar is an excellent school. With such a good education from such a good uni...makes u wonder why she spent so much time in school when she was only gonna kick it all for acting

<-- wants to be a chef and forget about engineering
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]

Old 07-03-2005, 16:06   #107
Bitchka

well, I got into my typical 'obsession' mood the last few days, and since we watched the first DvD on Wed with sasha ... I've rented ALL 5 First Season DvDs and watched absouletly all episodes + the bonus fatures
This is how I feel... progressivly Shane definatelly became my fav (I hear I am not the only one ) I can now see her more femmie side, and she is just so SEXY. Ive always liked the androgynous types (usually more girlie guys than manly girls, bust still) ... Alice is still my other fav, I really enjoy her paersonality and the things that come out of her mouth. I found myself getting absoulytely BORED (and wanting to FWD through) the parts associated with Jenny - the girl is really pretty, but so dumb and boooooooooooring! I also get bored with Bette, and Ive always been bored with the couple Tina + Bette (exept the first few episodes) .... I have to admit, I did feel a tiny bit better about Marina, though she was still annoying ... Dana I like, I think the Dana-Shane-Alice trio at the Planet is great - I always enjoy those moments. ..Who am I forgetting.... Kit is ok, it is interesting following whats going on with her and that Ivan, though it is done in a bit boring manner. I really enjoyed Shane's transformation from player to falling for the rich, sexy, naughty, older mamma - they made such a great couple

Basically, if that show dropped all the other people execpt Shane-Dana-Alice I would NOT be sad one bit

Well, I know a bit about season two from online, but I am not getting SHowtime, so I will have to wait to see those episodes - or does anyone know of a site where you can download the second season episodes again?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 07-03-2005, 16:42   #108
we shout

Cools .. congratulation.. you have graduate the first seasion of L Word. *puts L Word graduation hat on Cools*

From this thread I see the second season in just started on US TV and there is option to download from somewhere to I see. But I guess, I wait till complete 2nd season realease on DVD, probably next year. I've been through the first season .. we arranged to watch one CD perday .. and still it was paintful waiting time for next day. I don't think I can handle if at any point I'm not able to watch what happen next. Its killing!

I secretly .. like Jenny character very much .. opp!! *covers mouth*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Old 07-03-2005, 17:13   #109
Bitchka

Quote:
Cools .. congratulation.. you have graduate the first seasion of L Word. *puts L Word graduation hat on Cools*
thanks

Quote:
From this thread I see the second season in just started on US TV and there is option to download from somewhere to I see.
well, all ive found is couple lil clips per episode
Quote:
.. we arranged to watch one CD perday .. and still it was paintful waiting time for next day. I don't think I can handle if at any point I'm not able to watch what happen next. Its killing!
ABSOLUTELY! Thats how I am ... I CANT wait to watch the episodes, so even though i told myself: "2 episodes per night, cools!" ,... I still ended up watching the whole DvD on one take: 4 one hour epispdes NON-STOP

Quote:
I secretly .. like Jenny character very much .. opp!! *covers mouth*
really? cause she is good looking? or her personality?

I have to quote Harry about Shane: "Devine, NO?" that part of the show remined me of my Bulgaria adventures in 2003 when I was hanging out with the richie, hi-life people, most of which were like 'Harry' character .... looking for young twinks to hit on(my gay boy friends)! oh, and lotsa drugs of course.
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-03-2005, 06:36   #110
we shout

Quote:
really? cause she is good looking? or her personality?

well Cools... its amazed me that the girl going through the discoveries .. confused.. curious.. tempted by.. desire... denial ... trying and trying and trying again .. etc etc .. she is everything one could feel into one package.. when she was left at the hotel on the way back . she hitchhike a car.. she cried and wrote the hearty poetry .. I just thought .. wow .. what else could a girl do about that when face such situation .. it doesn't make her less interesting when she has no happy-go-lucky life like other characters.. well .. sort of.

Oh on the bonus CD, when they show them making the characters using puppet.. it was cute .. they show their house one by one .. Bette has the biggest .. much much bigger than everyone else .. and Jenny .. she had the smallest one .. its very very small .. it make laugh so hard .. that is cute...

and of course .. Jenny is very cute too..
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 08-03-2005, 17:02   #111
Bitchka

Well, D, she was trying to figure out, but yeah, that's it - just trying... and in a very annoying and boring manner! However, I hear that in the second season her character will evolve a bit (praise the Lord! ) ... and start hanging out/living with Shane (well, I guess that has already happened, but since i havent seen yet ) ... so its GOOD, the writers finally realized they need to put her with someone interesting and exciting to liven up her character
Quote:
and of course .. Jenny is very cute too..
agreed, she is very pretty (as said above)... petite and with such big green (blue?) eyes

My obsession however m ade me find and watch part of the first episode of the second season ... I enjoyed whatever i saw, but i have to disagree with people and say that i think Shanes hair look WORSE this season .... makes her look like a drunk from time to time, and its just not so coplimentary to her face... not to mention, what's up with that blonde piece in the back? The one with best hair from this show i must say was actually Alice in the first season I really like haircuts like that (shorter on top, longer on the bottom, and very CHOPPED) ... now she has gone to a more booooooooooring one .. oh well...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-03-2005, 18:16   #112
we shout

Jenny and Shane ... perfect!!.. and thank you .. my another secret wish came true
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 08-03-2005, 18:29   #113
Bitchka

Quote:
Jenny and Shane ... perfect!!.. and thank you .. my another secret wish came true
well D, let me know if you wanna know more, becuase its not exactly as you think.... I think .. lol ... they are roomates, maybe there is a bit kissy-fissy action, but... there is also a new character involved - Carmen - and what ive seen from the first episode - after Shanne made a smart-ass comment/joke right after they have met, Carmen said: "Fuck you!" ... so Shane replied: "OK ... if you want" and gave Carmen an X-tra SEXY look with raised eye braw and those SEXY pounting lips ... and you know what happened after that ... we were watching Shane fuck Carmen on the desktop mmmmmmmmmmm hihi
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-03-2005, 18:46   #114
we shout

dang!! I want to see that! I want to see that .. who is this Carmen . is she nice? pretty? prettier than Jenny .. well .. you going to spoil everything for me . where did you get those Shane and carmen thing? is it full episode or clip from second season .. ?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 08-03-2005, 19:04   #115
Bitchka

Quote:
dang!! I want to see that! I want to see that .. who is this Carmen . is she nice? pretty? prettier than Jenny .. well .. you going to spoil everything for me . where did you get those Shane and carmen thing? is it full episode or clip from second season .. ?
im sorry, I can try to keep quiet, but its hard... I suggest you you download the episodes and watch them every week

well, I am a bit busy now (and sick), but when i have time i will try to locate all the episodes they have played so far.... I got it from this website, its a message board actually , and someone had givven a link to a 350 MB file of episode 1 - it was supposed to be the whole episode, but it stopped downloading at about 300MB or 50min of the episode(and its nice quality too ) I dont remember that board right now, its on my home comp, but i am sure we can figure out a way for you to get that first episode if you really want it

about Carmen - I like her, ive only seen 2 secs of her characters personality, so i cant say for sure, but I like her so far. I still havent seen Jenny changed so much (i think she moves in with Shane in episode 2 or 3? ) ... but psssssssst, Ive heard about a love triangle ... Shane-Jenny-Carmen ... ooops *covers mouth*

Carmen
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-03-2005, 20:14   #116
we shout

okay ! fine! I'll download it.. please.. I do want the link...

Quote:
I don't like this link you gave me and I cannot see carmen there... it said this to me:

Quote:

Sorry.

We at Showtime Online express our apologies; however, these pages are intended for access only from within the United States.
.. how.. *covers mouth*
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you

You traded in your wings

You never left me
You never let me

Old 08-03-2005, 20:39   #117
Bitchka

Quote:
okay ! fine! I'll download it.. please.. I do want the link...
ok, Ill see what i can do later

Quote:
I don't like this link you gave me and I cannot see carmen there... it said this to me:

Im sorry D, I didnt know its only for USA. hmm... well, I am at work, and I tried looking up pictures, but all this provocative' images show up on my screen, and there are lots of conservative men with mustage around me ... so just google "L Worl Carmen' or 'Sarah Shahi'
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-03-2005, 23:11   #118
OG

Send a message via AIM to madeldoe
damn i saw the second episode (of season 2) the other day, and i think it's getting better and better. Jenny and Shane have moved in together, cuz Tim left. And the new character Carmen is sooooooo FOINE But i think the best part of the episode was in the end, when Bette (who was drunk) was crying, and Alice & Shane brought her to her room, gave her a kiss and a hug. It was the sweetest thing friends could do when your down like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"im fly as hell. swagga right. brown skin poppin like, dynamite"

Old 09-03-2005, 02:12   #119
Bitchka

OK, esp for D

what is Shane doing with Jenny ?!?

here is one from 'THAT' scene
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 09-03-2005, 11:56   #120
winter days ...

i watched episode 1 and 2 last night of the second season. woah. really enjoying it. danas gf tonya has to be the most insufferable annoying person on earth. shanes hair is UGH man ! and carmen is so fine.

can identify with the fallout of bette/tinas breakup so much -- on both sides.

cant wait to watch ep 3 tonight [downloaded it yesterday]

Closed ThreadPost New Thread