Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Lady GaGa

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-06-2011, 22:02   #341
Участник

I don't like it at all... And honestly it seems kinda delusional that all her fans in the comments are saying such stupid things like "try and understand it", "it's simple and amazing", blablabla... It's like she can throw in any kind of thrash -- which this video is -- and they'll all love it.

To me, it sounds even grothesque that someone like Argos says he likes it, as he disliked masterpieces like Snowfalls.

Anyway, to each his own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... But I still think it sucks. No offense, though.
Old 18-06-2011, 02:00   #342
Chun ruk ter!

I would like it if there wasn't so hype about the original filmed video before.
They were supposed to do some crazy dramatic (GaGa, obviously) video with a bunch of stuff and she was going to be a MERMAID.

But then apparently some shiz happened so last minute GaGa just filmed herself in a city set.
It's quite sad because all of the sets the production crew worked on and technical stuff to get her mermaid thingy working, and of course the cast/extras had to be scrapped.

The video we ended up with *looks* cool but I don't find much interest in it for it's 5 minute span. It's refreshing though, since it's more simple and humble.
I'd probably like it more if she wore her long wavy wig instead. I love her hair like that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 18-06-2011, 22:15   #343
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
To me, it sounds even grothesque that someone like Argos says he likes it, as he disliked masterpieces like Snowfalls.
Snowfalls? What's that? Don't know this clip! Can't be a known act, I guess!

Well, 'Edge Of Glory' didn't need one of her oh so meaningful fancy videos, which only completely distract from the music. Reduced to the essential, the song and the character, lets you concentrate on her and the music. Choreography, ambiente, camera work, light - everything simple but well done, without all the pseudo-artistic gimmicks she usually prefers. Sorry that I disappoint people, but I'm no sucker of clips when Gaga tells us the history of American independency or the foundation of The Anglican Church or something like that.
Old 18-06-2011, 23:07   #344
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Well, 'Edge Of Glory' didn't need one of her oh so meaningful fancy videos, which only completely distract from the music. Reduced to the essential, the song and the character, lets you concentrate on her and the music. Choreography, ambiente, camera work, light - everything simple but well done, without all the pseudo-artistic gimmicks she usually prefers. Sorry that I disappoint people, but I'm no sucker of clips when Gaga tells us the history of American independency or the foundation of The Anglican Church or something like that.
Agree with every single word. It's the best GaGa video for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 18-06-2011, 23:56   #345
Участник

Argos, I didn't mean it needed to be as scandalous as her previous ones to be good... I actually really dislike Judas and Born This Way. Just WAY too much of a drama involved. Not my taste. What bothers me is; people love anything she does. This Edge of Glory... The song is not bad, but it doesn't appeal to me, and the video... Well, a video is supposed to be beatiful, at least, appealing to people in a way or another... It may not have a story, just being beautiful saves it. This Gaga's video is fugly. She's not trying to look pretty or at least acceptable, she's trying to look like a freak. Which she is. And which can be totally cool, but she insists on making it UGLY. I kinda like the dark purple atmosphere in the video, but it's not well used. It's just the same all the time, it's ludicrous. It's not something the eyes can melt for. Something simple, like NOTHING CAMPARES 2 U, can be awesome, too. There's no emotion in this Gaga video to me.
Again, I'm not saying it needs to be absurd, I just think it needs to be cool. Paparazzi is one of the more watchable to me, since we're talking Gaga, but t.A.T.u.'s videos are MUCH more appealing. And they managed to catch a lot of attention even if they were not really famous anymore.

Anyway, that's a personal opinion I wanted to share. I was just completely shocked that even a person I really respect opinion-wise liked something that, in my opinion, is garbage.
Old 19-06-2011, 03:48   #346
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
Argos, I didn't mean it needed to be as scandalous as her previous ones to be good... I actually really dislike Judas and Born This Way. Just WAY too much of a drama involved. Not my taste. What bothers me is; people love anything she does. This Edge of Glory... The song is not bad, but it doesn't appeal to me, and the video... Well, a video is supposed to be beatiful, at least, appealing to people in a way or another... It may not have a story, just being beautiful saves it. This Gaga's video is fugly. She's not trying to look pretty or at least acceptable, she's trying to look like a freak. Which she is. And which can be totally cool, but she insists on making it UGLY. I kinda like the dark purple atmosphere in the video, but it's not well used. It's just the same all the time, it's ludicrous. It's not something the eyes can melt for. Something simple, like NOTHING CAMPARES 2 U, can be awesome, too. There's no emotion in this Gaga video to me.
Again, I'm not saying it needs to be absurd, I just think it needs to be cool. Paparazzi is one of the more watchable to me, since we're talking Gaga, but t.A.T.u.'s videos are MUCH more appealing. And they managed to catch a lot of attention even if they were not really famous anymore.

Anyway, that's a personal opinion I wanted to share. I was just completely shocked that even a person I really respect opinion-wise liked something that, in my opinion, is garbage.
"Trying to look like a freak" - question, have you ever heard of Lady GaGa, or do you live under a rock? I don't think being "beautiful" is her intention. As well, your opinion would probably be more interesting if it had a little more substance to it than "the dark purple atmosphere is not well used" - what a riveting observation. If you call poor animation, and excessive James Cox appealing then I guess that doesn't surprise me. t.A.T.u. videos < Versace archives.
Old 19-06-2011, 04:37   #347
Участник

See, that's what I'm talking about! All her "little monsters" worship her, no matter what. Even Talyubittu, another very known Gaga fan around here, surrenders to the MAGICAL new Gaga video!

First, I'm not saying she should WANT to look beautiful... Beauty just happens, you know. And it has many faces. You should learn to read a word beyond its literal meanings.

Your "do you know LG" statement is so stretched out I won't even get started with it.

About substance, haha, I was just using and example, which means nothing. If I wanted to really discuss the video, I would not have many other options, though, considering how deadly monotonous it freaking is.

About Snowfalls, I was obviously joking, it's no masterpiece, but it's obviously a better choice of entertainment than this new Gaga's rubbish.

The difference between the two of us is: I can respect other people's opinion, even if they let me down.
Old 19-06-2011, 11:15   #348
Martian Eyes

Quote:
What bothers me is; people love anything she does.
This is what fandom is about, not so bad I would say. Concerning me - I dislike American pop 'with all my heart and soul', but there is still something here and there which I can't condemn, some Gaga for example. To make it clear, I didn't say that I love, adore or worship 'Edge Of Glory', originally it was worth two words 'Like it', not more (which means: I don't dislike it and I'm not indifferent to it. Anything else is overinterpretation).
Quote:
Well, a video is supposed to be beatiful, at least, appealing to people in a way or another...
A video is supposed to sell the artist, no more no less. Of course we all want to see something specific in a clip, but in the end we are not entitled to order an artist how to make his work.
Quote:
... just being beautiful saves it. This Gaga's video is fugly. She's not trying to look pretty or at least acceptable, she's trying to look like a freak. Which she is. And which can be totally cool, but she insists on making it UGLY.
You won't get a beautiful Gaga, and you know it. She is not a beauty (maybe that's even the main reason which pushes her on) and she will never try to look beautiful, which can only be a failure. She rather prefers the ugly, freaky side. But in this she is even pretty 'harmless' compared to others. Care for a taste? The Russian singer Linda (actually anything else than Russian), in contrast to Gaga very introverted, not a beauty too, always feeling like an alien, showed it quite often in her clips - Vzglyad iznutri - View from within, just to widen your horizon for freaks. Long way for Gaga to go.
Quote:
There's no emotion in this Gaga video to me.
Gaga is stingy with her true emotions as a whole. Some artists have their problems with sharing their soul publicly. See Lena for example. Even in her preferred ballads she rarely puts anything into it. Gaga is here consequent. Provoke emotions, but keep your own in the secret.
Quote:
... but t.A.T.u.'s videos are MUCH more appealing.
Highs and Lows as well. Some can completely capture you, some move past your ass without any impression. In the end, what makes a video clip good for you, is how it leads you into it and how it affects you personally. Even 'shitty' clips may appeal to you, if they pull the right strings for you. That's called (imperfectly) personal taste.

And I'm wasting a lot of time for an artist I'm only marginally stoked...
Old 19-06-2011, 18:53   #349
Chun ruk ter!

Well, now that it's been announced her famous sax player and friend Clarence Clemons (also of E Street Band fame) has unfortunately passed away due to complications of his stroke... It puts the Edge of Glory video in a totally different light and perspective, knowing that Clemons was the only person besides GaGa in the video, and might just be his last recorded appearance.

It's strange realizing I was watching so many performances of GaGa hardly weeks ago, rocking along with Clarence Clemons who seemed so alive and spirited.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---

Last edited by MalchikGeiBrand; 19-06-2011 at 19:30.
Old 19-06-2011, 20:14   #350
Son. Husband. Witch!

I'm not a Gaga fan but there is merit in her recent album, moreso than in her first and the video for "Judas" is a masterpiece to me. Every time I see that video I am transfixed and had that song and video come out back in 2006 when I was doing my Religion degree I would have used that video and all it's imagery and tale as part of my dissertation.
Old 21-06-2011, 01:23   #351
Can You See Them Now?

Quote:
See, that's what I'm talking about! All her "little monsters" worship her, no matter what. Even Talyubittu, another very known Gaga fan around here, surrenders to the MAGICAL new Gaga video!

First, I'm not saying she should WANT to look beautiful... Beauty just happens, you know. And it has many faces. You should learn to read a word beyond its literal meanings.

Your "do you know LG" statement is so stretched out I won't even get started with it.

About substance, haha, I was just using and example, which means nothing. If I wanted to really discuss the video, I would not have many other options, though, considering how deadly monotonous it freaking is.

About Snowfalls, I was obviously joking, it's no masterpiece, but it's obviously a better choice of entertainment than this new Gaga's rubbish.

The difference between the two of us is: I can respect other people's opinion, even if they let me down.
I'm confused as to where I said anything relating to the topic you're currently discussing? That being, The Edge of Glory video in particular? - If you'd like my honest opinion, I do find the whole five minutes of NYC and GaGa alone a little "boring" - so the next time we discuss a topic it would be great if you'd wait for the actual discussion to start (i.e. specific comments) before assuming that I outright worship everything the woman decides to issue out of her scheiße hole. When I do not. In fact, the video is only remotely interesting to me now as the tragic death of Clarence seems to pull the entire concept "full circle" in my opinion, with respect to the overall theme of death and the afterlife. Sad to say that is all that I really find interesting about it.

If you must know, however, "Snowfalls" in all of its poorly animated incarnation of miscalculated physics is shit. I'd rather watch something boring than that pile of random nonsense branded a music video.

So concluding, the only difference is you think you know what you're talking about because the only conversation going on is the one you've been having with yourself with regard to what others opinions must be simply because you assume so. When clearly - such is not.
Old 19-08-2011, 19:48   #352
Martian Eyes

Didn't you miss something lately? You And I!
Old 19-08-2011, 21:07   #353
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
I don't like her videos anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 20-08-2011, 23:09   #354
Son. Husband. Witch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
I don't like her videos anymore.
Yup.
The new video was a yawnfest also.
Old 21-08-2011, 01:30   #355
Chun ruk ter!

You & I is one of the only Gaga videos I kind of like.

I never cared for her videos. I really like Bad Romance. I only like You & I because I think the cornfield scenes are gorgeous. And Man Gaga/Jo Calderone is kind of... almost hot....
kind of.
The story is not entirely followable and a lot of the scenes seem really random with how it's edited but goodness those cornfield scenes and cinematography make it up for me. lulzzzzz.
~~~~~~~~~~~
---

Old 21-08-2011, 17:40   #356
Участник

I'd rather spend my time seeing grotesque recent pictures and videos of Yulia.
Old 21-08-2011, 18:31   #357
Martian Eyes

Quote:
I'd rather spend my time seeing grotesque recent pictures and videos of Yulia.
Horror fan?

By the way, a not so official videoclip for Bloody Mary.

Last edited by Argos; 21-08-2011 at 20:54. Reason: added youtube link
ReplyPost New Thread