ReplyPost New Thread

Old 27-09-2003, 01:41   #121
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
Hang in there y'all! I believe in you!

*waves a flag that says "YOU CAN DO IT!"*
Old 27-09-2003, 01:55   #122
Участник

Oh, my whole purpose in trying this was to try and quit for good.

So no, I have no plans to start smoking again.

Parrish
Old 27-09-2003, 03:17   #123
Harrumph.

Mossopp, you're getting desintoxicated for free. I have to pay 40 bucks a month for my place to exercise. ¬¬
Old 27-09-2003, 06:03   #124

People here do that stuff? Was it your choice to become an alcoholic?
Old 27-09-2003, 07:50   #125
Участник

Re: Day 9

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossopp
Still not enjoying myself but I managed to keep occupied this evening by searching online for a new place to live (FYI mother - I can afford a halfway-decent flat.
Mossopp, that`s great, JUST GREAT! You have moved forward. This shows that you really want to change your present situation, not just talking about it. I hope your can get the ride for your house- hounting, I really do.

This your mother thing, it`s not surprising me. You said you father is alcoholic. I have seen couple of examples like this before, where alcoholic`s wife is tightly hanging on their child. And sadly, this interdependence is too often mutual, child can`t leave away even if she/he feels bad. Reason can be that child feels quilty if she leaves and let her mother alone to survive with this alcoholic. And sometimes this other parent just tries to make child feel quilty about it. Well, there are many ways to show this hanging, your mother just doesn`t help you any way and tries to get your self-esteem low and hopes that your are not able to do anything to get your life better. BTW, are you the only child? It`s always worse with only child. I know it cos I went it through myself, although my mother was/is not bitchy, she was just hanging VERY tight.

I`m glad Mossopp that you are not one of those who can`t leave, who doesn`t have courage to leave. Your need lots of willpower, I just hope I could give you some.
Old 27-09-2003, 08:29   #126
Harrumph.

I agree with what prostrel said. She might be afraid of being left alone with your father and by diminishing you and your persona, she makes sure in a twisted and sick way that you'll always need a familiar bond to go back to. Break free of that and it'll all stop...
Old 27-09-2003, 12:43   #127
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally posted by taty994945
are u guys gonna start drinking, smoking etc as soon as its over?
I plan to get well and truly blasted once my 14 days is over, thank you very much. However I have decided that I definately do not want to get back into my old habit of drinking every day. It has been difficult for me but I certainly don't miss the sickness, hangovers and stabbing pains I get after waking-up each morning.
Also, if I'm trying to hunt for a new place to live, I'll have to be sober. I don't want to wake up one morning still half-drunk and think "Oh f#ck - I think I just bought a house!?!

Quote:
originally posted by goku
Was it your choice to become an alcoholic?
No, it definately wasn't a choice. Things just kinda snowballed and I lost control of everything.

Quote:
originally posted by prostrel
your mother just doesn`t help you any way and tries to get your self-esteem low and hopes that your are not able to do anything to get your life better. BTW, are you the only child? It`s always worse with only child. I know it cos I went it through myself, although my mother was/is not bitchy, she was just hanging VERY tight.
Yes, I am an only child.
I see the point you're trying to make about my mother not wanting to let go but there are ways to let someone know that you don't want to lose them. When my mother insults me and tries to stop me from seeing anyone or doing anything it just makes me mad and makes me hate her. Some of the stuff she says is really hurtful - that's no way to show someone you want them around!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 27-09-2003, 12:59   #128
Участник

First off...Goko, I don't think *anyone* chooses to become an alcoholic. You don't think that having one drink is going to lead to not being able to stop.

Do I have personal knowledge of this? Yep. You'd think that someone with an alcoholic for a father would know better. But I convinced myself that since I never got violent when I drank, like he did, that it was ok. That I wasn't hurting anyone. Add to the fact that I was a *lot* more fun to be around when I drank, and people liked me more, just reinforced the feeling that it was ok. (This was all during my late teens, early twenties.)

I managed to, with only a few slips, stop drinking. However, I should add that it was very recently that I had trouble with staying sober again. I usually *don't* tell people all of this...but I felt that there was an implied criticism of Mossopp in that post. Ok, it was all of two sentences, so I could be reading *way* too much into that. But Mossopp recently listened to me about the problems that I'd been having, and was *very* kind and patient with me. If I stayed silent now...well, that would be a very black betrayal of our friendship, in my opinion.

So...if anyone thinks less of Mossopp, you should feel the same way towards me.

Let's see...back on topic. Still not smoking. LOL.

And I'm not drinking either.

Parrish

In edit--Mossopp posted while I was writing this. So it may seem like overkill to have written what I did. However, I feel my points are still valid, so I'll let it stand.

Last edited by parrish122; 27-09-2003 at 13:53.
Old 28-09-2003, 03:52   #129
Harrumph.

Quote:
I plan to get well and truly blasted once my 14 days is over, thank you very much.
That'd about miss all the point of what we're doing. If I stopped working out for two weeks afterwards, what'd be the use of it?
Old 28-09-2003, 11:48   #130
a kind of fresh madness

Quote:
Originally posted by darje
That'd about miss all the point of what we're doing. If I stopped working out for two weeks afterwards, what'd be the use of it?
I said I'd cut down. I'm not gonna go back to drinking each and every day. I've actually surprised myself on a couple of occasions in the last 11 days by being glad I didn't drink! I can't do this forever though - I need to sleep and I need to have fun again. I miss the simple things like getting a cider buzz, putting on some old Limp Bizkit CD's and jumping on my bed for a few hours. Without stupid sh#t like that the days drag like you'd never imagine...
Sorry I didn't post a 'diary entry' yesterday but there was really nothing to say.
I'd like to say thanks to parrish for her last post. Someone's got my back .
Seriously though, I appreciate you sharing that stuff and I'm glad I've got your support and understanding.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 28-09-2003, 13:02   #131
Участник

Day....well, I lost count.

But it doesn't matter, because I'm still not smoking! <Insert somewhat insane yet happy laughter here>

One interesting side effect from this that I hadn't noticed until now, is that I don't have *nearly* as many sinus headaches as I did before I quit. A bonus, to be sure.

Here's a funny story that is sort of off topic, but does at least involve a discussion about drinking. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home to get some sugar. It's seven in the morning. Running into *anyone* I know is not likely, right?

As I'm standing in line, here comes Tim. Who is Tim? Tim is the married guy who comes to my store about every two days.
And *every* time I see him, he makes some sort of indecent proposal.

So I hear Tim before I see him. He *always* makes this lusty growl when he sees me. I groaned and said, "Tim...I am *way* too tired to deal with you trying to hump my leg today."

The cashier laughed her ass off. Tim says, in a loud yet wounded tone, "I've never humped your leg! I'd like to, but I haven't."

"She didn't say you had suceeded, only that you tried." The cashier pointed out.

"Thank you." I said. "God *is* in the details."

"I thought the devil was in the details." Tim said.

"In your details, that's probably true." I replied.

The cashier and I laughed again, and Tim made a grab for me, I assume to try and hump my leg. I dashed around to the cashier's side of the counter, and asked her if she had a baseball bat. Alas, she did not.

"How about large ammounts of alcohol, so that if he catches me I won't be as grossed out?" I asked.

She laughed again, and Tim looked *very* wounded. Then his cell phone rang (it was his wife! LOL) and I escaped.

And Mossopp? I think that the fact that you've gone this long without drinking at all is fantastic! I am *very* proud of you. I think this time without drinking has given you a chance to see your life a little clearer, and you've decided to make some changes that I believe will be right for you.

And your welcome about that post. It *really* wasn't easy for me to admit that, so I'm glad it helped.

And you know, the image of you jumping up and down on your bed for *hours* made me laugh. Loud enough to where I woke up my dog, and she gave me a *weird* look. LOL

And to everyone who's encouraged us, thank you.

Parrish
Old 29-09-2003, 14:23   #132
Участник

Well, I had a *very* good day yesterday.

And I didn't even think of smoking, for the most part. It was the first day I haven't had at *least* one mad craving.

This seems to be getting easier, thank goodness.

Parrish
Old 29-09-2003, 17:08   #133
Gimme some sugar!

when the 2 weeks are over, maybe the ex smokers could follow darje's example and work out a little bit. it would help a lot in cleaning our lungs. i plan to go jogging, and it would be much easier if i wouldn't be alone...
anybody?
Old 29-09-2003, 17:28   #134
Harrumph.

$in, actually I'm being... kinda forced to work out. I mean, I love being strong and fit, but the real reason to my exercise is that my mom, my brother and the rest of my family (excepting my dad) are all fit and slim without even trying, and they don't want me fat. -_-

I DO enjoy working out because it keeps me healthy, but my weight is something way beyond my control and not even lifting weights or something in extreme calorie-burning make me go down a couple of kilos. ;_; It makes me mad because when I try and accomplish a bit more in my class, mom cheers for me like for half a minute and then reminds me of the rest I yet have to accomplish.

Sorry for the rant, I needed to vent somewhere.

Last edited by Kappa; 29-09-2003 at 17:33.
Old 30-09-2003, 00:07   #135
Gimme some sugar!

well, i'm in a similar situation. i'm not smoking, drinking alcohol or coffee, nor eating meat. and still nothing... and i'm working out... guess it takes time but i feel a looot better and i'm not depressed anymore
i'll start to work out every day. and i'll ask mom to buy me some fatburners
Old 30-09-2003, 00:42   #136
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
nor eating meat
w00t! u go $in! Join the meat is icky and hormonally injected club
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
Old 30-09-2003, 01:51   #137
keep 'em guessing

lol @ parrish's story. thats hilarious!

i would just like to encourage $in, darje, parrish and mossopp in their endevours. congrats on being strong-willed and having enough courage to succeeded up until this present poin. i have faith in you guys and i know you will win.

be encouraged!
Old 30-09-2003, 13:53   #138
Участник

Not much to report today, other than I'm still not smoking.

Parrish
Old 30-09-2003, 15:05   #139
pie crust

parrish122, I'm really really proud of ya! It's so great to hear *someone* is never smoking again *wink wink*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 30-09-2003, 17:10   #140
Gimme some sugar!

still not smoking, and started my workout program
tomorrow is jogging day
ReplyPost New Thread