Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

-SCANDAL?- Janet Jackson exposes her breast during Super Bowl

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 19:43   #1
I don't waste my time

-SCANDAL?- Janet Jackson exposes her breast during Super Bowl

SCANDAL? Janet Jackson exposes her breast during Super Bowl

JANET JACKSON and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE made headlines Sunday with their Super Bowl half-time performance that left the pop singer half-dressed!

-> THE PICTURES:

Janet's breast exposed
Janet's breast exposed [Close-up]

-> THE VIDEO:

Download here ("Save target as...")

Wearing black capri pants, a studded corset and a ruffled white train, Janet was the star performer of the pop extravaganza. She sang her hits "All for You" and "Rhythm Nation," before being joined by surprise guest Justin to sing his smash, "Rock Your Body." At the end of their duet, however, Justin reached up and ripped off a piece of Janet's top, exposing her right breast to the crowd! She hurriedly covered her chest and headed offstage.

CBS, which aired the game, said it "deeply regrets the incident" which "did not conform to CBS broadcast standards."
Justin also released this statement: "I am sorry if anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction." Janet echoed the network and Justin's regrets with a statement released by her publicist saying: "The incident was due to a wardrobe malfunction, which SHE deeply regrets. She sincerely hopes she did not offend anyone. It was not intentional." And MTV, which produced the show, said the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional."

So what was rehearsed, planned and intended for the show's finale? Janet's camp is reportedly saying that at the end of the half-time show, Justin was to pull off only half of the leather bustier to reveal a red, lacy bra Janet was wearing underneath.

Janet released a second statement further explaining the incident: "The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my half-time show performance was made after final rehearsals. MTV was completely unaware of it. It was not my intention that it go as far as it did. I apologize to anyone offended -- including the audience, MTV, CBS and the NFL."

KIDS WATCH SUPER BOOB

When Janet Jackson displayed half of her assets at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show, the kids were watching.
Super Bowl XXXVIII, featuring Jackson's under-investigation right breast, was the prime-time week's most-watched show among tykes aged 2-5, not to mention grade-schoolers aged 6-11 and adolescents aged 12-17.
The big game averaged 89.8 million viewers, easily the most-watched show of the TV week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen Media Research. Nearly 60 million remained in their Barcaloungers for CBS' postgame show.

JACKSON MAY BACK OUT OF GRAMMY AWARDS

As three major TV networks shifted broadcast plans in reaction to the racy Super Bowl halftime show, Janet Jackson's publicist said she may back out of Sunday's Grammy Awards and Justin Timberlake admitted his own family was offended by the pop stars' stunt.
Timberlake on Wednesday insisted he thought only Jackson's bustier would be revealed, not her breast, when he yanked at her costume. He said he understood "how unfortunate this is."
"I do understand that there were a lot of people that were completely offended by what happened, including my own family. And I think that's probably the part that's frustrating the most for me, and it's completely, completely, completely, regrettable," he told KCBS-TV outside the Staples Center, where he was rehearsing for the Grammys.
Jackson, meanwhile, is thinking twice about appearing for the Grammys telecast, her publicist, Steven Huvane, told CNN. "We don't think she's going to go," he said.

The one-second flashing revealed Jackson's right breast clad only in a sun-shaped nipple covering to some 89 million viewers.

The singer has issued videotaped and written apologies and denied that the NFL, CBS or MTV, which produced the halftime show for CBS, knew of her plans. Jackson's spokeswoman said a red lace garment was supposed to remain.

Timberlake said he received a call before the show from Jackson and her choreographer saying they wanted to do a "costume reveal."

"Now I was under the impression that what was going to be revealed in the costume reveal was a red brassiere, bustier," he said.

Timberlake said he didn't have time to rehearse it before taking the stage and was stunned by the outcome.

"I mean I was completely shocked and appalled, and all I could say was 'Oh my God, Oh my God,'" he said.

FCC TO EXAMINE SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW

CBS, MTV, the NFL, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson are all sorry — but none of that is deterring the federal government from looking into the Super Bowl's too-revealing halftime show.

Federal Communications Commission chief Michael Powell on Monday promised an investigation into whether CBS violated decency laws, with potential fines of up to $27,500. If applied to each CBS station, the fine could reach into the millions.

"Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt," Powell said in a statement.

NBC EXCISES 'ER' BREAST SCENE

Days after Janet Jackson shocked the nation by baring her breast during the Super Bowl, NBC has agreed to edit out a brief shot of an 80-year-old woman's breast from Thursday night's episode of medical drama "ER" -- to the chagrin of the show's executive producer.

In other breast-related developments:

- Filmmaker Spike Lee, speaking to Kent State University students in Ohio Tuesday, called Jackson's display a "new low."
"What's gonna be next? It's getting crazy, and it's all down to money. Money and fame," the Do the Right Thing director said.
According to the campus newspaper, the Daily Kent Stater, Lee also picked on Cold Mountain for depicting the Civil War minus black people.

- "People who live in glass houses" resident Sharon Osbourne told her daytime talk-show audience she, for one, [b]loved[b] Jackson and Timberlake's routine.

In the episode to air in an off-hours time slot somewhere Wednesday, Osbourne urged Jackson to show both breasts next time. "Not just one--both!", Osbourne said.

sources: Reuters, E! Online, Associated Press
Old 05-02-2004, 19:44   #2
I don't waste my time

My opinion (not meant to offend anyone): I think this just shows how hypocrite american society really is. I still can't understand how a country that claims to be so "free", so open-minded, so tolerant, have such reactions to simple things like this. A boob?! I mean, most European countries, that aren't saying all the time that they're the land of freedom, broadcasted t.A.T.u.'s kiss on stage with no censorship. On the other hand, most of it got censored in the USA. Now people classify Janet's boob flash as outrageous, mostly because "kids were watching" - so what?! Doesn't every woman have boobs? What's the big deal with showing off a BOOB on TV? It's "filthy" for kids to watch? Since when?! If it were hardcore sex - OK. But boobs? A girl kissing another girl? What's up with the american society? I honestly don't understand it. I guess America is all about being politically correct. No wonder they have the UK as best friends

Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone- there's bad, narrow-minded people in every country. But it's just a LITTLE too much for me when certain countries proclaim to be free, liberal, tolerant, open-minded, and then there are such reactions and censorship.
Old 05-02-2004, 20:02   #3
viva la scientology!

Don't insult all of America, just the conservatives.

I agree that the reaction to her boob is outrageous. The super-bowl isn't the best place for it, but have a sense of humor - it's entertainment! Kids won't be damaged or scared after seeing her boob. Hell, they're gonna learn about them one day anyways. What's the big deal? What really pisses me off is E.R. cutting the breast from their show. WTF?! Primetime TV can't even show a woman's breast for fear of disgusting or offending someone?! A breast is nothing to be disgusted or offended about.

I think the reaction to Jackson's breast is more appaling than what she did.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 05-02-2004, 20:03   #4
iMod

Well, here we have boobs everyday on prime time TV, including ads, so i really don't know what the fuss is all about.

Then again, i don't understand American football either
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 05-02-2004, 20:13   #5
you'll need love

Yeah it's funny. It was printed in the Danish newspapers too.. Still referred to as a scandal, but it was also pointed out that it only was the opinion from the viewers of the show. Followed - of course - by a picture by picture review of the big big scandal..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head
Old 05-02-2004, 20:26   #6
My Waking Hour

Isn't part of her boob covered? I agree about all that has been said before but any chance that it might have been premeditated? Janet is back in the headlines, you know.
Old 05-02-2004, 20:37   #7
I don't waste my time

I think it was premeditated too, especially because even if it was really planned that Justin would rip it off and only red lingerie would be shown - let's "guess" that the lingerie got out of place when he did the movement, and so the boob was revealed - but wait, so she normally just walks around with a sun around her nipple?! Yes, I believe it was a stunt. But still, it's only a boob, it's nothing outrageous or indecent.

I've also heard on the news like 5 minutes ago that they're gonna broadcast a delayed version of the Grammys (CBS), and also of the Oscars (ABC) so they can 'fix' last minute 'inconvenients' as any kind of 'sexual publicity stunts' or 'controversial political messages'... No comment.
Old 05-02-2004, 20:41   #8
you'll need love

Quote:
and also of the Oscars (ABC) so they can 'fix' last minute 'inconvenients' as any kind of 'sexual publicity stunts' or 'controversial political messages'..
ARRRGGGHHH... then I have to stay awake even longer Unless it's not that delayed and I can go to sleep instead and see it when I wake up. Oh well.. I'm sure I will be at school this year anyway
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 05-02-2004, 20:51   #9
My Waking Hour

By "delayed" staringelf probably means delayed broadcast by a few seconds, so in case something "inappropriate" happens they can do a cover up.
What the organisers of the ESC said they'd do if Tatu did something "inappropriate".
Old 05-02-2004, 20:58   #10
you'll need love

ahh.. I hope it won't be anything more than that. Last year a lot should be cut out I guess.. if it's the same this year then it'll be Oscar bluescreen most of the broadcast.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 05-02-2004, 21:19   #11
I don't waste my time

Quote:
By "delayed" staringelf probably means delayed broadcast by a few seconds, so in case something "inappropriate" happens they can do a cover up.
Yeah, they're gonna delay the broadcast a few minutes (5 or 10, I dunno) so they can do a cover up if any anything inconvenient happens...
Old 05-02-2004, 21:44   #12
pie crust

Is that a piercing? I didn't watch that part of Superbowl (Damn!) so I didn't see what Swedish TV did to it.. But I'm sure they couldn't care less.

Ahahaha! Super Boob!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 05-02-2004, 21:50   #13
Bitchka

that close-up freaks me out !!!

Well, i wont go into discussion about freedom ... its not such an easy topic to cover.. as to: 'land of the free, why not show boobs on tv"

as for was in on purpose - like I said in the 'Sports' thread, i think it was... dont know about other places, but Janet's new single debuted on the radio here on Monday!!!! talk about PR ....

and also... up until now, before seeing this close up... i thought it was some 'glue on' thing on her boob, at least it looked like that on TV, but it is a PIERCING Im in pain just thinking how it felt wearing that tight bustier... ahhhhhhhh .. with that gigantic piercing!

EDIT: yeah queenski I was writing while you posted yours - YES, its a piercing! ahhhhhhh
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 05-02-2004 at 22:04.
Old 05-02-2004, 21:50   #14
you'll need love

qb, its a stick on or something. Not a piercing as far as I've heard.
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 05-02-2004, 21:55   #15
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally posted by TLFdk
qb, its a stick on or something. Not a piercing as far as I've heard.
noooooo Tina, look at the pic closely !! It is a piercing, like I said above... I thought it was a 'stick on ' too ..... *still in shock by that piercing view*
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 05-02-2004, 22:01   #16
iMod

Yeah, it's a piercing, you can see the metal thingie going through the nipple...
That hurts just to look at it...
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-02-2004, 22:04   #17
you'll need love

av av av av av.. can't believe I clicked the zoomed picture. GOD and I hate needles
*tries to think happy thoughts* arrgggghhhh.. *covers eyes and starts humming a happy tune*
~~~~~~~~~~~
the voice inside my head
Old 05-02-2004, 22:09   #18
viva la scientology!

ummm... I like it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
la profundidad.
Old 05-02-2004, 22:13   #19
iMod

Since we're talking about incidents on TV...

This "incident" happened during an afternoon show on French TV, 6 or 7 years ago. This is Mallaury Nataff, French singer/actress. After the incident she simply said that she never wore any underwear.

Click
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 05-02-2004, 22:16   #20
pie crust

haku, WHOA Well at least she's being honest..
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
ReplyPost New Thread