ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-02-2003, 01:14   #21
Wandering Soul

Echoed, check pm. Thanx!
Old 25-02-2003, 11:18   #22
Real Slim Lad

i wonder this topic move to "Music & Movies"

From oasischuan
According to official source, Texas had already recorded several tracks for the new album. The plan was to put out a new album in the end of 2003. Don't know if this is still the deal or not.

such a long time

One True Voice, Girl's Aloud, Blue(using R&B keeps the group lasting longer), Westlife(I hate them all times, Will Young, Gareth Gates, David Sneddon(I can't stand two guys'smilesetc......all pop idols target all 5 to 16 years old kids and teenages, selling their beauty and fine appearence, destorying music industy

Sorry first, some I can't reply by my poor limited English
I'm guessing what u tell to Echoed about"Meep. Where dost thou go upon such tangents? Wherein lies the heart of this thought's line? (i.e. Could you guys stick to the topic or maybe continue via PM? ^_^'')"Have we crossed the line?
Old 26-02-2003, 01:38   #23
Wandering Soul

Echoed: Meep. Where dost thou go upon such tangents? Wherein lies the heart of this thought's line? (i.e. Could you guys stick to the topic or maybe continue via PM? ^_^'')

This is added by Echoed. He thinks this is off topic. So I asked him to move it.

I went to a lecture by the CEO of a multinational media company yesterday. He's the one who's responsible for Pop Idol! He said that TV talent show had been around from the 40s! He was confident though, saying if not pop idols, we can find chef idols like Jamie Oliver, or even cat idol or dog idol! Lol!!

Will Young has a good personality. For many people, him being gay is the ultimate 'mistake'. Do you know the other guy from Fame Academy called Ainslie Henderson? I think he's great. I bought his new single 'Keep me a secret' on Monday.

Last edited by oasischuan; 26-02-2003 at 23:49.
Old 26-02-2003, 03:04   #24
Real Slim Lad

Oh Jamie Oliver his cooking show is boring only good looking
Will Young has a good personality. For many people, him being gay is the ultimate 'mistake'Right, he is a nice guy but gay is his ultimate mistake, I don't think so, being his fan should respect his sexuality, gay is not a shame(would u blame tATu IF they are lesbians)
All come from Fame Academy artists, they can sing.
did you watch GGates new music video? so crap he would disappear.
I think more 10 pop idols will be coming in 2003
Old 27-02-2003, 00:04   #25
Wandering Soul

Hehe, being gay is a mistake for some people, not all. Will did lost some fans after admitting his sexuality. There are open-minded people and not open-minded people.

Gareth's new track is the Comic Relief single. Charity singles are always cover versions anyway. Make some money for kids.

Pop idol 2 is coming in the summer. I'm actually applying it but dunno if they take foreign citizens or not. I can sing but can't write music. I just wanna see how far I can go and maybe make a ducumentary out of it. For fun.
Old 27-02-2003, 01:16   #26
Real Slim Lad

what recent songs you like now?
my choices:
Sinead Quinn - I can't break down
Sugababed - Killer, Shape
Linkin Park - Somewhere I belong

do you hate all Murder Inc Artists?
Old 27-02-2003, 02:30   #27
Wandering Soul

New Linkin Park song is good.

Sugar Babe? They are kinda strange. One minute they appear to be indie band in the Q Awards, the next they are doing stuff at the Mobo (music awards for black artists), and for the Brit Awards, they even won an award for Best Dance Act! But at the end of the day, they are a girl band. I like 'Freak like me' (another cover version), not other tracks.

Sinead's song is fine for me, not particularly great. I think she's eccentric judging by her behaviour in Fame Academy. Can you watch the show in HK?

Murder inc? Do you mean bands like Slipknot? I don't hate them. Don't like them, either. They are extreme representations of human life.

I love the second album by Coldplay. And I've just discovered Badly Drawn Boy recently. I'm saving in order to get his new album. Blur is putting out new album soon and it's produced by Fat Boy Slim. I'm guessing how terrible it's gonna be. Hehe...
Old 27-02-2003, 05:32   #28
Real Slim Lad

You dunno what is Murder Inc? It is an America records company contract some artists like Ja Rule, Ashanti.....

Here no Fame Academy

Slipknot-They are extreme representations of human life.
100%Right

not only "freak like me" is great, "overload, "run for cover", "shape" & "killer" are excellent.

Blur is putting out new album soon and it's produced by Fat Boy Slim. I'm guessing how terrible it's gonna be

are you still studying?
Old 27-02-2003, 16:29   #29
Wandering Soul

Oh, I don't hate them. I don't mind listening to hip pop on the radio or telly, but I don't buy their albums. Do you know there's a British urban movement going on? We've got British black artists making really interesting music. So Solid Crew, Dj Pied Piper, The Street etc... They are quite popular.

Ms Dynamite won the Mercury Music Awards last year and two Brit Awards not long ago. She's a 20 year-old black girl from north London. She joined the biggest anti-war demontration in the UK history and performed a song two weeks ago. I was there, too. Taking pictures for my forthcoming website. (I don't know how bad it's going to be...) I think she's good.

I'll buy the second Sugarbabe album when the price is a bit lower. I still don't have the official copy of Heathen Chemistry by Oasis cos I have a pirate one from China. I'll buy it when it's Ј6 or Ј7. CDs are so expensive here!

Yes, I'm doing a master in journalism. I'm making a radio feature about Tatu and looking for interviewees. So far found no one. So I have to use my classmates as fans!
Old 02-03-2003, 04:54   #30
Real Slim Lad

I like Mis-Teeq, So Solid Crew, Ms Dynamite.
do you think Mis-Teeq new single"Scandalous"?
It's Ok but cannot compare to "All I want" and "One night stand", music video looks like "Freak like Me"

Ms Dynamite is good(her third single Put Him Out is out of top 20in first week)I hope she doing well in USA

here is same too, cds' price are so expensive. In HMV, I see tATu album just HK$89(I brought it at HK$110 ) and ATTSS cd single WOW is HK$70(normal cd single price is around HK$50-$65)

I'm making a radio feature about Tatu and looking for interviewees. So far found no one. So I have to use my classmates as fans! Try some teachers or neighbour!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:53   #31
Wandering Soul

I don't like Miss Teeq. They sound a bit strange to me. Someone got killed in a So Solid Crew gig not long ago. They are being condemned for promoting violence. But ironically, they won the Brit Award of Best video for '21 seconds' last year!

Hehe, seems that you have everthing we have here in the UK! But I'm sure you have more options of buying. I know it's not right to buy piratic ones, but... you know what I mean.

I'm going to interview the director of Kidscape--the children protection group that condemned Tatu on the TV---tomorrow. Another one with someone from a record company as well. Should be some fun.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:17   #32
Real Slim Lad

Sorry, I'm ill now, i need take some time for rest, let's talk in here next time
ReplyPost New Thread