Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions TatySite.net Forum Awards

TatySite.net Forum Awards 2004 - Best Statement Maker

View Poll Results: Best Statement Maker
haku 14 66.67%
spyretto 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 23:59   #21
pie crust

I'm interested in seeing how this is gonna work out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 08-01-2005, 00:19   #22
My Waking Hour

hey what's with all this bitching? Mossopp, you come out as a little bit bitter....talking about being immature? Not to mention, I asked to be removed anyway... so please do it if you may so that she can feel a bit better.

How can this topic be a matter of debate, now huh?

Am I supposed to go to one of the categories you're nominated and start bitching about how you don't deserve it? oh common...

Old 08-01-2005, 00:37   #23
a kind of fresh madness

Do it if you want. I wouldn't put it past you!

Look, spy - I don't want to argue with you and I certainly don't enjoy it. But the bottom line is that you insulted and belittled something which is very important to me and then ridiculed me for standing up for it. And you continued to do this, over and over again, and it made me feel like a joke. Other members were laughing at me because of you. And I don't take kindly to that.
I hope our 'metal' argument is over now. I don't have anything against you personally because I don't know you. But I definately feel that you shouldn't 'win' this 'award' because all you do is provoke - you poke fun at people and then run away without backing up your arguments. Noone deserves an award for that.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?

Old 08-01-2005, 00:46   #24
My Waking Hour

I did back my arguments very well, I think. In turn it was you who run away from the argument or that is the impression I got. You didn't want to continue the discussion. You accused me of a a few things like ridiculing the metal thread which is not true. It wasn't me who started the thread, and my intention was not to ridicule it. It wasn't that bad anyway as it was
Then for some reason you took every little opportunity to point out I don't know what I'm talking about ok, I got carried away a little and I apologise for it.

Can't you take it a little less seriously? Self parody is also a heavy metal motiv ( see the Darkness )

Old 08-01-2005, 01:02   #25
a kind of fresh madness

At the risk of starting another 'metal' debate - The Darkness aren't metal, they're a fucking joke!
And, no, I won't take it less seriously. Whether you find it amusing or not, music is my life and I take offence at some jackass dissing my favourite bands just to get a few cheap laughs.

Enough. Let bygones be bygones.
Bored now.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:45   #26
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
So we're comparing spyretto to Ivan fucking Shapavalov now? Oh for the love of.........!
No. You see, this is you taking things out of context. And then you started on about Spy's integrity, when the whole purpose of my post was that integrity doesn't even MATTER when "the best statement maker" is in question (I'm not saying anything on whether he has or hasn't got integrity, that's not the point of this discussion). I think the sheer will and zealousness with which you come accross against, him proves just the opposite of what you're trying to prove - he IS the best statement-maker. Because the effects of his posts are exactly what a good statement maker is supposed to achieve.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:48   #27
a kind of fresh madness

A "good statement maker" is meant to make people think - not piss them off for cheap laughs to the point where they feel like commiting homicide!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:58   #28
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Actually a good statement maker should be able to do both. That's my point.

And even if you don't agree on this point, who's to say that spy pisses EVERYONE off, with all of this statements. You're basing your opionion (as it seems) on some isolated incidents, where you didn't appreciate his comments, when most of us here on the forum have a 2 year history of posting, in which there were ups and downs.

Still... I think it's art to stir things up properly (not just randomly, like the wanker boy, though I admit he was amusing ), so even if he DID intentionaly provoke people sometimes he did it in a witty manner, which again makes him the best statement maker.

Just for clarification: I have nothing against haku. He's a good mod and a great asset in general to this forum. I just don't think he's the best statement maker.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:02   #29
a kind of fresh madness

The bottom line is that Spy attacked something very dear to me - something he, himself, claimed to deem important - for the sole reason of stirring up trouble.
He's a hypocrite and a shit-stirrer and I don't understand how anyone would be able to overlook this fact.

Seriously, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Let's just agree to disagree and see who wins on February 5th.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 08-01-2005, 03:24   #30
Bitchka

Quote:
He's a hypocrite and a shit-stirrer and I don't understand how anyone would be able to overlook this fact.
I wonder WHO isnt a hypocrite?

The fact that you have a 'personal issue' with spy, mossopp is a totally different issue than the 'best statement maker'. As freds said, this only proves that spy is indeed a good statement maker. His statements are usually very well presented, he can support them, he can debate or say something interesting on almost any subject ... and look, he pushed your buttons and it worked. And people werent laughing at you or the metal music really, they were laughing because of the way the argument was presented, the statements that were made (including freds statements, which leads to me say: he should've been nominated as well ).

spy has always had great statements, and i have to admit his later return 'by unpopular' demand has entertained me more than before, though at first after the return i thought he was completely 'waco'!

I said i wouldnt vote anymore, but ... i will wait til the end, if its still tied, i will have to break it Nothing against haku here as well I just dont think he is that great statement maker. I would say forre, nath, spy, and freds are the 4 people that belong in this category according to me
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-01-2005, 17:39   #31
My Waking Hour

Nu metal or metal is that thing you hold very dear? Lets make the dinstinction here once and for all, my opinion is that nu metal is the pits when it comes to metal - and music- and I'm not going to take it back. It really gives metal a bad reputation ( whatever reputation it had ).
So are you a poser and a fashion victim youself who's supposed to embrase every SHITTY new trend that labels itself as metal because magazines like Kerrang and Rock Sound think it should be backed up or are you willing to look a little below the surface and find a music that is heavy but good as well? Have you made an effort to look into this music you hold so dear a little bit back when interesting and groundbreaking things were happening? not to mention you haven't even fathomed 1/10 of the statement I was trying to make there. What a surprise. all you talk about is labels " that isn't metal". Well, you're not metalhead either, you're a fashion victim.

All you could come up with was that I don't know what I'm talking about. Even if my personal taste in music has deviated a little from heavy rock music ( FCUK the label metal ) in the past few years that doesn't mean I can't appreciate what is good in this genre, and not much is good at the moment. Yeah I know attitude is great and all, what about the music?

But if you want to put it another way, I'm an old school fan of this music, and I try to keep my horizons open. You, in turn, well...I really can't understand what you are, you say you're into metal since you were 10 years old, still you're ready to embarce every little - money-making gimmick that labels itself as metal - cause lets face it that's what it is.

So it's you, in turn who I deem as a total sellout. Am I making myself clear? Now go back to your metal confinement and I really think "fuck-all" about best statement maker. I give up the place - i didn't ask for it anyway - to you, so you can take the award home and brag about for the next 20 years.
Capisch?

oh and by the way, what are you doing on a Tatu forum? That SURELY isn't metal, dear.

am I unfair? But I didn't say anythng to your latest accusations but then you had the nerve to come out and bitch a little more. So I now feel the need to respond and that is the response you deserve...peace

Old 08-01-2005, 17:57   #32
Bitchka

spy,

Bravoooooo, a great statement in the 'best statement maker' thread.

p.s. about the metal scene - 'real' metal (the one that old-school metalheads listen to) is not dead it has just gone really deep deep underground, and nu metal is exactly what you said - the fashionable-money making jokes labeled as metal
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-01-2005, 18:00   #33
pie crust

Had I not done my best to currently seduce Phil, I would have been all over you, Spy.

Sorry, maybe next time.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]

Old 08-01-2005, 18:50   #34
My Waking Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
spy,

Bravoooooo, a great statement in the 'best statement maker' thread.

p.s. about the metal scene - 'real' metal (the one that old-school metalheads listen to) is not dead it has just gone really deep deep underground, and nu metal is exactly what you said - the fashionable-money making jokes labeled as metal
I'm waitinng for the new generation of fantastic hard rock and metal musicians to take over, and once this happens those "nu metal gods" wouldn't know where to hide. It's bound to happen sooner or later. THE BACKCLASH WAS COOL

and I don't care what Mossopp says on the matter, either

Mossopp, I offer you peace. The only person I had harsh arguments with before was darje but they were overcome and I now I think she had been one of the best forumers ever. I hope you can accept it too, and so leave our metal differences aside.

Old 08-01-2005, 20:12   #35
a kind of fresh madness

Bottom line is, dude, I don't give a fuck what you think. I've nothing more to say to you or anybody else on the matter. If you want to win this arguement so badly then fine - you win. You are the Metal Overlord and a very big man. Happy now?
That's it from me. There are some people who really enjoy kissing your arse and they're forming an orderly queue so I'd best get out of the way.

HOW'S THAT FOR A F*CKING STATEMENT?! Where's my award?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...

Old 08-01-2005, 20:21   #36
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
oh and by the way, what are you doing on a Tatu forum?
That’s funny spyretto. That question equally applies to 95% of the members here, so why not ask them?

Old 08-01-2005, 20:55   #37
Bitchka

Quote:
Bottom line is, dude, I don't give a fuck what you think. I've nothing more to say to you or anybody else on the matter. If you want to win this arguement so badly then fine - you win. You are the Metal Overlord and a very big man. Happy now?
That's it from me. There are some people who really enjoy kissing your arse and they're forming an orderly queue so I'd best get out of the way.

umm, sorry, its weak statement.

I particularly dont agree with this line:
Quote:
There are some people who really enjoy kissing your arse and they're forming an orderly queue so I'd best get out of the way.
Im assuming you are refering to me as well, and I'd just like to tell you that if i was 'kissing his ass' I would know it maybe you have the 'ass kissing' definition confused?

it is also weak, because to me you dont know how to conversate/debate with people who dont share your views ... cursing front -to-back and finishing with fuck you is not exactly good rhetoric
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!

Old 08-01-2005, 21:27   #38
My Waking Hour

Quote:

Well, I've no problem to become an adversary of yours if that's what you want. But I had the idea that you could at least contribute to the metal thread as the expert of the current trends that you are - and that's EXACTLY what I was hoping for when I suggested to start the thread. We also had a bit of difference with regards to "nu metal" and that'd be a good opportunity to discuss it and see what other people would think as well; and who knows, maybe it'd be you who are right and if I was wrong and I saw that I'd have ackowledged it as well.

What did we have instead? You showed signs of immaturity and impatience yourself, you couldn't take a joke when the thread turned a little towards the funny side, and thought it's a good idea to personally attack me on the ground of being a crappy statement maker - you seriously thought I give a sh!t about that? By that you'd have succeeded in getting your revenge on me cause I made a little fun of Fred Durst and Slipknot? Now that's funny. They make so much money anyway so I doubt they'd care if 10.000 spyrettos said they suck.

so I suggest you better grow up a little.

And since I'm losing on this great accolade let me make an exception and vote for haku as well cause he's a great guy and a great statement maker - and he voted for me. So yeah I'm not gonna win best statement maker, maybe next year. So now what's next?

Last edited by spyretto; 08-01-2005 at 21:40.

Old 09-01-2005, 18:44   #39
Primetime Anchor

What to argue about now? Just vote and the voting will show what people think.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 10-01-2005, 03:02   #40
we shout

Quote:
A "good statement maker" is meant to make people think - not piss them off for cheap laughs to the point where they feel like commiting homicide!
LoL! my vote goes to Mossop .. finally!
~~~~~~~~~~~
I will forget my dreams
Nothing is what it seems
I will effect you
I will protect you
From all the crazy schemes

You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings

You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means