Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

George Michael Slams Elton John in Letter

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 14-12-2004, 18:19   #1
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:

LONDON - Singer George Michael (news) has written to a British celebrity magazine to rebuke Elton John (news) for making unflattering comments about his personal life.

In an open letter to Heat magazine, released Tuesday, Michael accused John of spreading unsubstantiated gossip picked up on the "gay grapevine."

In comments published last month, John, 57, told Heat that "George is in a strange place. There seems to be a deep-rooted unhappiness in his life and it shows on the (latest) album. All I would say to George is: you should get out more."

In the letter, Michael, whose latest album, "Patience," topped the British charts, said he had "rarely been as happy and confident as I am today, thanks to my partner Kenny (Goss) and the continued support of my fans."

Michael, 41, said he and John were not close, and that he had kept his distance because "I was always aware that Elton's circle of friends was the busiest rumor mill in town, and that respect for my privacy was not exactly guaranteed."

"Elton John knows very little about George Michael, and that's a fact. Contrary to the public's impression, we have spoken rarely in the last 10 years, and what would probably surprise most people is that we have never discussed my private life. Ever," Michael wrote.

"And to this day, most of what Elton thinks he knows about my life is pretty much limited to the gossip he hears on what you would call the `gay grapevine' which, as you can imagine, is lovely stuff indeed," Michael added. "Other than that, he knows that I don't like to tour, that I smoke too much pot, and that my albums still have a habit of going to number one.

"In other words, he knows as much as most of my fans do."

John has made headlines recently with intemperate remarks about fellow stars. In October he accused Madonna (news - web sites) of lip-synching during her recent Re-Invention tour. Last month he said "Posh Spice" Victoria Beckham was responsible for the marital problems she and soccer-star husband David Beckham had suffered.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...lton_vs_george

~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 14-12-2004, 20:43   #2
I don't waste my time

Michael is right. Elton John is the biggest cheap-gossip-fag ever. I mean, everytime he has a microphone now, he uses it to insult (and I mean insult with really bad words) Madonna for lipsynching on her concert. She never lipsynched in her whole history of concerts, and that is proven by simply renting one of the tour DVDs. I went to see the Re-Invention Tour and I can state she sang every note completely live, you can obviously tell the difference between live and pre-recorded. Also, Elton John's stardom is quickly fading, and he seems to be mad at the ones whose stardom is still way up high, so accuses them of problems in their personal lives which he doesn't know, accuses of them of making bad records, lipsynching, cheating on their lovers, etc... So, served him right that G. Michael wrote that letter I'm surprised how Elton John is still "Sir" Elton John after showing to be so cheap and insulting in numerous public events.
Old 14-12-2004, 20:53   #3
a kind of fresh madness

Yeah, I agree with staringelf.
Elton's just a big bitch - he always has been. Except now that his music is becoming less relevant he seems to think the only way he can stay in the news is by dissing anyone who is more popular than him. Which would be just about everyone on the face of the freaking planet.
BTW, the first thing I read on the main page when I logged on was -

"LATEST THREADS:
George Michael slams Elton...."

Believe me, taken out of context those 4 words can conjure up some nasty mental images!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 14-12-2004, 20:55   #4
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossopp
NEWEST THREADS:
George Michael slams Elton....

Believe me, taken out of context those 4 words can conjure up some nasty mental images!
*Lmao*
Old 14-12-2004, 20:57   #5
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Eeeww, poor G. Michael
Oh no, here we are, with our "cruel humour", "negativity", acting like "a bunch of bullies"

Quote:
Elton's just a big bitch - he always has been. Except now that his music is becoming less relevant he seems to think the only way he can stay in the news is by dissing anyone who is more popular than him. Which would be just about everyone on the face of the freaking planet.
Yeah, exactly
Old 14-12-2004, 21:07   #6
Участник

Elton is a good songwriter, you gotta give them that much credit. He did write most of the Lion King sountrack.
Old 14-12-2004, 21:17   #7
a kind of fresh madness

"Caaaaaaan you feeeeeel the loooooove toniiiiiiiiiiiiiight?"

Classic.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 14-12-2004, 23:26   #8
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by katbeidar
Elton is a good songwriter, you gotta give them that much credit. He did write most of the Lion King sountrack.
And bunch of songs for dead blondes. Oh, no, wait, it was only one song recycled when another blonde died.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 14-12-2004, 23:56   #9
a kind of fresh madness

Yeah - talk about "cashing in"!
Had he ever even met Diana??
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
Old 15-12-2004, 00:32   #10
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Had he ever even met Diana??
I think so. They moved in same social circles. And they were together at Versace funeral.

~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread