Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova Solo Project pt.2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 16-10-2011, 01:19   #41
Участник

This "they can't sing t.A.T.u." stuff really is a strange thing to read from fans... We all know they don't have enough solo material (even if they use an entire CD), for example. Also, I would hate to go to their solo gigs without watching they perform some t.A.T.u. material.

Back in the time, I remember a lot of fans criticized Lena for singing ATTSS and everything -- I was shocked! And, then, Yulia said all that stuff... And now she obviously will sing t.A.T.u. stuff 'cause the smart people behind her probably explained to her it's, like, a must.

About Yulia's voice: I do believe she can sing to an extent, but it depends on her personal efforts. There are -- a few, of course -- t.A.T.u. gigs (D&M era) where she sang really well IMO, like that one where they met Fergie (red square something, I guess), and the one at Santa Monica (?) right after they released Beliy Plaschik (before they shot 220 and Yulia started pumping her lips). So, I do believe she can still do it right. The problem is: I still don't know if she cares. Maybe, she'll just limp synch. Let's see... We'll all see for ourselves!
Old 16-10-2011, 03:08   #42
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post
This "they can't sing t.A.T.u." stuff really is a strange thing to read from fans... We all know they don't have enough solo material (even if they use an entire CD), for example. Also, I would hate to go to their solo gigs without watching they perform some t.A.T.u. material.

Back in the time, I remember a lot of fans criticized Lena for singing ATTSS and everything -- I was shocked! And, then, Yulia said all that stuff... And now she obviously will sing t.A.T.u. stuff 'cause the smart people behind her probably explained to her it's, like, a must.

About Yulia's voice: I do believe she can sing to an extent, but it depends on her personal efforts. There are -- a few, of course -- t.A.T.u. gigs (D&M era) where she sang really well IMO, like that one where they met Fergie (red square something, I guess), and the one at Santa Monica (?) right after they released Beliy Plaschik (before they shot 220 and Yulia started pumping her lips). So, I do believe she can still do it right. The problem is: I still don't know if she cares. Maybe, she'll just limp synch. Let's see... We'll all see for ourselves!
I think the best live performance they had was at G.A.Y.
Yulia's voice is very unique and if used right (like it had been in the 1st & 2nd albums, the 3rd both of them sounded horrible) the songs will be amazing. Of course, the demos we have (Rage, WATWD) don't do her voice justice, but they are just demos. I hope her voice in her first single sounds unique & special like we all love.
Old 18-10-2011, 00:06   #43
Участник

New post on Julia's FB

Quote:
Hello everyone! How much I have missed you all, how many things have happened during this time! I had a huge photo shoot for the movie, this week we are flying to shoot a video and to partake in new business, I am so happy! Everything is just starting. On October 26th, I am going to America for a concert and for a business meeting! I love you guys very much! Wait a couple days, soon everything will happen!
Old 20-10-2011, 14:03   #44
Участник

So, the brazilian press is heavily promoting Yulia's visit to my country. There's also a new interview to a blog, which I just translated.

Original: http://www.cdbrasil.com.br/blog/2011...ova-no-brasil/

Quote:
CD Brasil: Being with t.A.T.u. for 10 years, what did you learn from Lena Katina?
JV: You learn how to listen, understand, support and care -- it was a lifetime experience.

CDB: You've announced 6 performances in Latin America. How do you feel coming back here after 6 years?
JV: I love Latin America a lot and I have many fans there! I would like to see them all.

CDB: After Gay Day's cancellation, are you going to prepare some surprises for your brazilian fans?
JV: I really want to meet my fans while I'm there and get to know more about their lives.

CDB: About All Because of You -- what should fans expect?
JV: I, together with my team, came to think about a great idea for the video and I think my fans are gonna love it.

CDB: Tell us about Fear Mongers.
JV: It's my first main role and it was a surreal experience, very interesting -- beautiful picture! I'm gladly waiting for the release.

CDB: Are you recording songs for your solo album?
JV: I don't think about the album just yet. Now, I'm working on my singles; I'm in this process of recording new songs.

CDB: Do you follow Lena Katina's work? What do you think about her solo career?
JV: I'd rather not answer.

CDB: OK. What are your favourite artists and songs? Why?
JV: I really like Adele, Lady Gaga, Amy Winehouse -- a lot of good modern music!

CDB: Do you know anything about our culture? Is there anything you can't wait to see or do here?
JV: I'm especially interested in meeting my fans again!
Old 23-10-2011, 02:41   #45
Kandi KRaver

Sounds like a typical Yulia interview. I'm glad she's at least learning to keep her mouth shut about Lena.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Raving is my final destiny
Oh baby can't you see
That I'm a raver
In my heart I will always, always be
A raver, can't you see
That I'm a raver
I am a raver
Old 01-11-2011, 16:22   #46
reconciled

Just a minor remark here, but I was stumbling over Tityanko's facebook profile and found out that she has given birth to a baby-boy in September, I think. The baby's father is a certain Nikita Nagibin. Sasha is still in contact with Polienko, Galoyan and of course Volkova - on and off facebook.
Old 01-11-2011, 20:56   #47
Участник

I didn't understand a word, little_polar_bear! lol

Anyways, "Ego", brazilian's most popular celebrity website, just posted an article about Yulia.

http://ego.globo.com/famosos/noticia...as-do-ttu.html

"What is Julia Volkova, one of the t.A.T.u. girls, doing now?"

It basically tells t.A.T.u.'s story very lightly and brings an interview with Yulia. She said Boris Renski decided to break up the duo -- she didn't leave. Now that's new! Also, she says she thought about coming back together with Lena as a duo but now she's a little upset about the Never Forget video, 'cause "it's difficult to come back when you're buried", in her words.

Either a smart move or she's telling the truth. hmm

Oh, she also says she's opening a bar. No mention of where and when. And she says cute stuff about the fans.

It also reads in the page: "Julia Volkova's still a very beautiful girl". I couldn't help but laugh and then cry insanely, sorry.
Old 01-11-2011, 22:23   #48
Martian Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_polar_bear View Post
The baby's father is a certain Nikita Nagibin
...the stylist (I thought he is still married to Masha Tsigal', the model and designer, Well, at least he is a fertile stylist. ). Why am I not surprised? He created the styling of Volkova's one and only solo performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505
She said Boris Renski decided to break up the duo -- she didn't leave.
Well, there is a Lena Katina truth, a different Yulya Volkova truth and certainly an own Boris Renskij truth...and above all - the only real truth: Who cares who finally buried the project, which was already dead a long time before?

Last edited by Argos; 01-11-2011 at 22:38.
Old 01-11-2011, 23:40   #49
Участник

Thanks for the link and the translation, regigigas1505.
Old 04-11-2011, 19:55   #50
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by regigigas1505 View Post

It also reads in the page: "Julia Volkova's still a very beautiful girl". I couldn't help but laugh and then cry insanely, sorry.

LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 23:52   #51
Участник

Full translation i hope it's accurate
Quote:
Teens, beautiful e. .. lesbians. It was with this image and his partner Julia Volkova and Lena Katina, fell into the graces of the public in early 2000 to form the duo "tATu". Worldwide success with hits like "All The Thing She Said" and "Not Gonna Get Us", the Russians have broken taboos by becoming the first team 'lesbian' world famous, even without ever taking anything beyond friendship.

Picture of one of the most successful phases of tATu
(Reuters)
Everything was going well until Julia pregnant with her first child in 2004, showing that the romance between the two did not exist. Even with the revolt of some fans, the girls continued to make successful and abused the controversy back to the music scene with the song "All About Us." In the music video, they try to reconcile after all the news that the pair had finished.
Six years have passed and they portrayed in that video clip really happened in early 2011: the double over. Now, Julia invests in his solo career and has six shows scheduled this month in Brazil. In an interview with EGO, revealed that she wants time to explore each city by Brazilian to go:
"I've been in Brazil with tATu and really liked it. I remember it was very exciting, the fans were incredible. I hope this time have more time to experience the beauty of each city. I love you."
Unlike what was then the "tATu," Julia has invested in a new type of lighter sound, but promises not to disappoint the fans: "I started with rock, but realized it was too heavy for my audience, we are now trying dance-pop-rock. "
End of Partnership
Even with more than 10 year career and many successes, Julia revealed that the idea of ​​separation did not leave them, but the entrepreneur of the pair. "Boris Renski made the decision, but we all realize that we had grown and it was time to stop and move on. He is still manager of the Lena."

Lena used a stunt 'dead' Julia to represent
the end of the double in his first solo music video
(Photo: Youtube / Playback)
Shortly after the announcement of the separation, Julia stopped short of declaring that they could come back in ten years, but after seeing the first video for Lena, in which she kills and buries the 'double' singing the refrain "never forget you," Julia was upset and changed his mind: "I believe everything is possible, but when everything is buried under the earth, I find it unlikely."
Even the friendship that has lasted more than 15 years, was shaken after that Lena gave directions to his new job. "We are not enemies, but we have not spoken recently. We are going their separate ways to our own way," Julia streamlines.
Many Projects
Without stopping to work with music, Julia has also invested in movies and has plans to open a bar soon.

Julia recording the horror / comedy 'Fear Mongers'
(Photo: Play / Official Site)
"I'm working on several things at the moment. My solo career, my film (Fear Mongers) and opening a bar, I give everything I have for my projects ... My life, my mood, my mornings, afternoons and nights" she said, excited.
After the worldwide fame, Julia also seeking success in his solo career, but in another way.
"I'm happy now, but it's time to show the world and my fans that there is also only Julia Volkova. I'm very different today. I am a mother of two beautiful angels. I want to fly above the world and I do this. I know my fans are with me every step of the way. This will not be aa last time I go to South America, this is just the beginning. "
Shows in Brazil
Julia begins his tour in Brazil on November 17, the Flying Circus, in Rio de Janeiro, for the release of their first single "All Because Of You". Day 18, fans of Belo Horizonte will be able to enjoy the show at the Music Hall. Sao Paulo hosts the singer Sonique Club on Sunday, 19. Day 22, Julia makes her sound also in the Alley 203, in Porto Alegre. Even in the south, it presents itself in Florianopolis on 23 in the John Bull Pub, and ends his tour in Brazil in 25 days, the Club Meet in Fortaleza.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy Smiles
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36   #52
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Seriously, who believes that the single will be released in November?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36   #53
Участник

Yeah, it's accurate (even if it seems Google-translated), thanks for posting!

Oh, and obviously the single will be out this month -- she'll sing it live, anyway.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...40501893_n.jpg

I'm proud of her, she seems to be out of those bad things. She looks old, like 20 years older than she is, but I like this more than the plus-sized lips and plastic face. Hope she's still like this in a few weeks! I'm going to the concert, you can expect many pictures and videos!

Last edited by regigigas1505; 05-11-2011 at 04:02.
Old 05-11-2011, 21:57   #54
Kandi KRaver

But if the concert gets cancelled like it did the last time, do you think she'll still release it anyway? Or will we have to wait another 6 months?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Raving is my final destiny
Oh baby can't you see
That I'm a raver
In my heart I will always, always be
A raver, can't you see
That I'm a raver
I am a raver
Old 06-11-2011, 02:07   #55
Участник

It's also confirmed she's going to MTV Brazil one day before the show; she's probably gonna sing it there.

If anything gets cancelled, I'm not going to be surprised, but I dope it does not happen anyway.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:23   #56
Участник

Brazil Concert Setlist (Confirmed by the production of the shows)

During her South American Tour, Julia Volkova will give six concerts in Brazil, staring in Rio de Janeiro on November 17 and ending in Fortaleza, on November 25. Recently, we've been given the Setlist of her concerts in Brazil. Julia will sing 14 songs completely live, including covers of the song "Back to Black" by Amy Winehouse and the songs "Granade" and "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars.
We want to share it with you earlier for being such loyal fans! We would also like to give a big Thank You to Eduardo Rangel, reporter of UOL NaTelinha Brazil, who kindly shared this information with us!

- S E T L I S T -

(Intro)

All About Us
Sdvinu Mir
30 Minutes
Stand Up
Fly on the Wall
Prostie Dvizheniya (Over and Over)

(Interlude - Costume Change)

Rage
Friend or Foe
Back to Black/Grenade/Just The Way You Are
Running Blind
Woman All The Way Down
Show Me Love

(Interlude - Costume Change)

Encore
All The Things She Said
All Because of You

(Outro)

Back Up Songs
Loves Me Not
You andI

Originally published by JuliaVolkova.com.ar Read more here: http://www.juliavolkova.com.ar/2011/...#ixzz1dAQ1NuKm
Old 09-11-2011, 13:33   #57
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
TeamVolkova on official forum wrote

Quote:
Julia will be on her way to Los Angeles to shoot her music video this week. From LA she will fly to Brazil for her tour!

Julia completed a new photoshoot in Moscow last night
Still no sound about the premier date.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 10-11-2011, 02:05   #58
Chun ruk ter!

omg all those tatu songs

When they put in (Over and Over) next to Prostie Dvizhenia... does that mean she is singing it/parts of it in English?

Can't wait to see footage though
~~~~~~~~~~~
I use the same smilies in every post.
Manage your waste with a happy face!
I've just noticed the guy in my avatar (Eiji Wentz) kind of looks like a girl. But for your confirmation, it is a guy.
---
yaa glua taa ter ja bploi meu chan bpai

อย่ากลัวถ้าเธอจะ?? ?ล่อยมือฉันไป
Old 10-11-2011, 06:55   #59
Can You See Them Now?

This pile of garbage coming from the woman who criticized Lena for singing t.A.T.u. songs? And not only that, singing covers of other artists as well while you're supposed to be promoting your self as a solo act?

Yulia Volkova is going to take off in a nose dive before she even gets off the ground.

She isn't releasing Rage or Woman All The Way Down or Stand Up, so why is she performing those as well? Never mind the fact that all of these songs are complete shit.

Get off your ass and do some work for once. I realize as a former pop idol with a background in classical music that it's rather difficult to write music on your own (sarcasm) - but really, three songs in the past three years? This project is a train wreck caught fire, put out and caught fire again.

And my ass that she'll be singing these songs "completely live" - I expect to hear more playback during the t.A.T.u. charade than her.

Oh, and in case you can't tell. "Bay".

This nonsense is even funnier than t.A.T.u. was. Big upgrade she's made.

And wasn't her single that we still don't have a date for announced and supposed to be released months ago?

Fucking ridiculous, all of it.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30   #60
Участник

I hope she does sing most of those songs in her show, especially Woman All the Way Down. That song is way too good to be thrown in the bin. Hopefully she’ll also include Nichya.
ReplyPost New Thread