Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

World Cup Qualifier Results Thread

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 01:25   #1
Lazy

World Cup 2006 Qualifier Results Thread

Scotland 0 Slovenia 0

To be honest we didn't deserve to win.In the first half we did ok but in the 2nd half we were awful and the Slovenians probably deserved a goal.
I think a draw was a fair result over the piece.
Still Norways poor start gives me hope and i believe Italy will drop points in a few places.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Everybodys born to do a certain thing,If you're dead jammy you find it.
If you're good at it keep doing it.If you're fed up go and do something else.
We're really only here to look after the place

Last edited by coolasfcuk; 14-03-2005 at 16:13.
Old 09-09-2004, 01:35   #2
My Waking Hour

Greece - Turkey 0-0

zzzzzzzzzzz.

Next month there's the "do or die" match against Ukraine. Who thought that Greece would become a football superpower after winning the Euro? Didn't think so

But I think we're still better than Scotland
Old 09-10-2004, 20:47   #3
Just say maybe

What a shame it is that, after either two or three games each, neither Scotland, Wales nor Northern Ireland have any real remaining prospect of qualifying for the World Cup.

My despair knows no beginning.

England were not much above average in beating Wales 2-0 today. It's a shame England will have to wait another two years to play a competitive match against challenging opposition. Still, Beckham's goal today would have been impressive against any side.

Oh, and for Staringelf's sake, I probably shouldn't say anything about what happened in Liechtenstein today. Much though I would love to.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Stay in the underworld with me.

Last edited by Tom Violence; 09-10-2004 at 21:01.
Old 09-10-2004, 21:26   #4
Bitchka

oh la laaaaaaaa group 8:

We couldnt beat Croatia, but I heard that the referee.. the Italian with bold head... was not too shy of HELPING croatia just a tiny bit. First a penalty in 32 min which was very controversial.... and then giving off-side to Berbatov when he scored, and was actually on one line with the defender- so NO offiside!
but still... we scored our 2 goals!!!!! 1 Martin Petrov and 1 Berbatov. and so 2:2 in Zagreb is a good result for us
Croatia : Bulgaria - 2:2

Sweden on the other hand beat Hungary 3:0

and so the group is going in a good way. now we play Malta on Oct 14 in Sofia, BG .. so we need a 2:0 win to get infront of Croatia until the spring games.

Sweden will be playing Island in Island, and if they win they will take the lead, but with 4 games compared to 3 games played for Croatia and Bulgaria...
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 10-10-2004, 02:26   #5
My Waking Hour

I thought England played quite well actually - or maybe the Welsh boys were too naive to think the English would respond to their rough play? They didn't, and Wales looked very embarassed in the end, unfortunately.

Ukraine - Greece 1-1

zzzzzzzzzzzz

We still haven't won a single game since the Euro. We better call some new players if we want to have a realistic chance of qualifying. At the moment Greece is just borrowing time, and I can't imagine we can win the last 5-6 games in a row to qualify like we did before
Old 10-10-2004, 21:31   #6
Участник

Send a message via MSN to zebu
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasfcuk
We couldnt beat Croatia, but I heard that the referee.. the Italian with bold head... was not too shy of HELPING croatia just a tiny bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~
pogledaj da li me mozes presnimiti
Old 10-10-2004, 21:42   #7
iMod

France 0 - 0 Ireland

The French "team" was ridiculous, disastrous, laughable, pathetic, etc.

I didn't watch the match (What for? All we do is lose now), but that's what the French sports commentators are saying.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Patrick | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ shortdickman@free.fr ]
Old 11-10-2004, 02:17   #8
My Waking Hour

Lots of surprises in Europe last night, including France Holland Portugal
Even Cyprus drew at home against the Feroe Islands.

Just finished watching Ukraine - Greece and it's evident that we're getting better. Scoring is a bit of a problem at the moment, we have to improve on that department a little, since we're making more mistakes now than we used to - and that's how we concede the goals. But I think Greece is capable of beating any opponent from the group, home or away, so we'll be vying for a place in the World Cup, and -hopefully- everything will go well.

The site that features both Ukraine - Greece and Luxemburg - Russia games is russiantvonline.com ( maybe you know this one ). They have free live streaming of ORT ( Channel 1, Russia ) and paid streaming of RTR Sports. ( 5 euro per month ) Ukraine's game was live on RTR Sports and Russia's on ORT, so I only got a chance to watch -some of- Russia's game live but luckily they now have both of these games on streaming video in their sites.
So if you're interested in Russian tv channels this is the site to go to

and I was wondering how on earth I was gonna watch the game. Well
Old 11-10-2004, 17:28   #9
Lazy

Hmmm Scotland 0 Norway 1

Crap result against a Norwegian team who have ordinary written all over them.
At the moment Scotland aspire to be described as ordinary.Ok we were missing about 8 players through injury but we should still be taking a point off of Norway at least.Under that clown Vogts we are going nowhere except further down the rankings list.
Much as i would like to go to a World Cup at the moment we're better off out of them as we'd take a hell of a beating if we did get to one.
What makes that result worse is that it is the 1st time in 39 years we have lost a Qualifier at home to foreign opposition(Wales beat us in '85 but they're not foreign)
I said in the World Cup draw thread that we'd be lucky to take 3rd place...i now think we'll be 4th.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-10-2004, 17:54   #10
Bitchka

Well, Kishishev is not gonna play on Wed against Malta because of injury. Hmm, I really like him - i am VERY glad Stoichkov got him back in the team after he WASNT called for the Euro! He does such great job in our defence .... but seems like our coach isnt worried at all about his absence

In fact I am REALLY glad that we got Stoichkov as a head coach! That's what our team has needed ever since Penev left after getting our team as far as 4th place in the 1994 Worl Cup. Stoichkov is not only great in any aspect of the game, but also makes the athmosphere in the team RISE!

Then again, the real challange is... we usually do GREAT in qualifications.. and then the tournament comes and we CRAP our pants! ... so I really hope Itso (nickname for Stoichkov) gets us there and makes us go far

oppppppaaaaaaa stoichkov

p.s. on a side not maybe the football fans will enjoy my story: I was coming back to USA from my 3 month vacation in Europe. I left on Sept 20 from Sofia, Bulgaria with Lufthansa flight to Munich at 7:30 in the morning. So I check in... get the boarding card and all... and finally board the plane. As I am walking in, I imediatelly see a FAMILIAR face in the last row of First Class Stoichkov is sitting there with some other Bulgarian football guy .. reading the sports section of the national newspaper ... and I was sitting 2 rows behind him all the way to Munich. Then of course the planes to and from bulgaria always get the WORST gates, so we had to take a BUS to get to the gate ... and I got to hear some 'football talk' from the guy ... he of course didnt charm me with intelligence... ... but he seemed really nice... and was dressed nice. I overheard they were going to a conference in Sweden! ahhhhhhhhhh, I wanted to screm: 'Can I come too???" haha
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 13-10-2004, 20:03   #11
Bitchka

well, we did beat Malta today! THANK GOD!!! lol ... but of course we had to show our 'Bulgarianism' ... and let them SCORE ... first, in the very begining!

Final score was 4:1 though... so now we have 9 scored and 4 received goals, so +5 one more than Croatia, who have +4 with 6 scored and 2 received. Both of us have the same points - 7 from 3 games, so we are half a tiny step in front of them.

Sweden is playing Island right now - its half time and it is 4:0 for sweden already ... i think they have 14 scored goals and 1 received!

HEJAAAAAAAAAA Sverige!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 13-10-2004, 23:17   #12
My Waking Hour

Just finished watching Russia reaching a new low by allowing themselves to get thrashed by the Portuguese ...7-1
Need to play the Euro final tape to recover...

oh, by the way, Scotland's descending all the more into obscurity and so does Wales. Their chance of qualifying are now minimal.

I never questioned for a second that Bulgaria would win, even when they were down 1-0. Stoitskov is a great guy and a fantastic player and it seems he'll make a good coach too. As for Greece we didn't play today but we have four exrtremely important games to make or break, come November

oh also congrats to Andorra for recording their first ever win in an official match ( after 30 odd defeats, since 1996 )

Last edited by spyretto; 13-10-2004 at 23:40.
Old 14-10-2004, 00:20   #13
I don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Just finished watching Russia reaching a new low by allowing themselves to get thrashed by the Portuguese ...7-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyretto
Need to play the Euro final tape to recover...
How is Greece doing in this phase anyway? I haven't been paying attention to other teams' qualification results, except the ones in the same group as Portugal, and I'm to lazy to go check them right now lol
Old 14-10-2004, 00:57   #14
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by staringelf
How is Greece doing in this phase anyway? I haven't been paying attention to other teams' qualification results, except the ones in the same group as Portugal, and I'm to lazy to go check them right now lol
SUREEEE, meanie!

Well, I am a bit disappointed in sweden... afer those 4 goals... they just fell asleep or something LoL... which is in a way understandable i guess.

I just HOPE we beat them in march .. YEAH ... its about time we do that!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 14-10-2004, 01:02   #15
Lazy

Moldova 1 Scotland 1

This is the lowest of the f*cking low.
To be honest it's probably better we didn't qualify for World Cuo 2006 with such a team of useless b*stards with a stupid f*ckin tactically useless German twat in charge.
F*ck Berti Vogts and the F*ckin tactically useless horse he rode in on
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 14-10-2004, 01:11   #16
Bitchka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZ
F*ck Berti Vogts and the F*ckin tactically useless horse he rode in on
he is your coach?

im sorry to hear Scottland isnt doing so well ... something has gone wrong 'wrong' in those last couple of game days..... and albania has so many points?1?1?
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 14-10-2004, 11:32   #17
I don't waste my time

Quote:
SUREEEE, meanie!
No, I was being serious, I really don't know how Greece or any other country is doing. I haven't been following any other games or scores, except for Portugal and the teams in our group.
Old 14-10-2004, 13:22   #18
Lazy

Quote:
he is your coach?

im sorry to hear Scottland isnt doing so well ... something has gone wrong 'wrong' in those last couple of game days..... and albania has so many points?1?1?
Well he's employed as our coach.I haven't noticed much evidence of coaching going on with him in charge.
It was like watching a schoolboys game(apologies to any schoolboys offended by this comparison)
Something ha gone wrong but it's not just in the last couple of game days.Vogts 1st game in charge was a 5-0 defeat by France.We then went on a Far East tour and lost 4-0 to South Korea,3-0 to someone else and beat a Hong Kong select 2-0.
His 1st competitive game was a shameful 2-2 draw in the Faroe Isles.We lost 1-0 in Lithuania or Latvia..once again i can't recall which one.We do enough to get to a play off and we beat Holland 1-0 at Hampden.Then we go over there and Berti makes an arse of the tactics and we lose 6-0.
He has to go
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 14-03-2005, 16:22   #19
Bitchka

Ok, time to 'wake up' this thread ... as VERY important qualifications are approaching ... at least for Bulgaria.

March 26 we play Sweden in Sofia
March 30 we play Hungary away

The match with Sweden being SUPER important one ... and of course we have:
1. Stilian Petrov out for 2 yallow cards
2. Martin Petrov out for 2 yellow cards
3. Marian Hristov out because of injury
4. Valeri Bojinov out because of injury

That makes 4 of our starter players (including our capitan!), and may I add, BEST players, out of the first game, and 2 out for both games!

Not to mention that:

5. Dimitar Berbatov also got some injury during the Champions League, and he will most likey will not] be able to train until the game ... so there is slight chance he might be out of the game as well ... or at least not in top form!

What is lifting my spirit is our wonderful coach - Hristo Stoichkov - who said he is NOT worried one bit those players wont be able to play and he said he is confident that we can beat Sweden. That is what the team needs - someone who can boost their self-esteam ... not our previous coach who was a complete 'ant'!

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BG ... i hope Sweden underestimates us, because we will have bench players play.... so that we can FINALLY beat them!
~~~~~~~~~~~
oh... o!
Old 15-03-2005, 01:29   #20
Lazy

Well we've got former Rangers boss Walter Smith as our new boss.
Sadly his first game in charge is Italy away
However he surely can't be as useless as Berti was.
Possibly about to unleash our new young strike force from Hibs in Derek Riordan and Garry O Connor..could be worth a shot as Italy won't appreciate their direct play....
However reality will bite as we're still pish and i think 3-0 to Italy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
ReplyPost New Thread