Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU English forum Questions to the Moderators

Why is Rob banned???

Closed ThreadPost New Thread

Old 29-02-2004, 15:21   #1
Участник

Why was Rob banned???

I just read on tatu.us that Rob was banned from tatysite.net. I've re-read his posts from last week and I didn't find a warning or something that could explain this ban for me.

May I ask why he was banned from this forum?

Nike

Last edited by Nike75; 29-02-2004 at 15:29.

Old 29-02-2004, 15:23   #2
Administrator

Probably it has not understood something.

Old 29-02-2004, 15:27   #3
Участник

Igor, could you please give me a clear answer?

Why was Rob banned?

I just want a reason which I can understand!

Nike

Old 29-02-2004, 15:35   #4
Administrator

It is Rob's problem, instead of yours. If you too something do not understand, I cannot help.

Old 29-02-2004, 15:37   #5
a kind of fresh madness

I suppose this explains why I was unable to PM him last night.
That sucks. I needed to talk to him about something.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?

Old 29-02-2004, 15:48   #6
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by Igor
... If you too something do not understand, I cannot help.
Sorry, but what's to understand or not to understand when you refuse to give me a reason?

Nike

Old 29-02-2004, 15:51   #7
Administrator

What for to you personally to know the reason?
It not your problem.

Old 29-02-2004, 15:57   #8
Участник

Quote:
It not your problem.
So I don't make the same mistake. If he made a mistake, that is.

Nike

Old 29-02-2004, 16:02   #9
Administrator

Not copy&paste to tatu.us forum and all will be fine.

The administration of a tatu.us forum probably in every possible way welcomes douche by a dirty for our forum, site and members. And probably is not going to solve these problems.

Old 29-02-2004, 16:12   #10
you'll need love

Quote:
It not your problem.
It becomes other peoples problems, or involves us, if a member is banned without a reason or a warning.
Don't know if any has been given, in fact haven't even been here for this week as you all know.

Kinda sad that this is my first coming home post. I had hoped it would be a nice one sharing my vacation pictures
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Old 29-02-2004, 16:18   #11
Administrator

TLFdk, The reason is.

I understand. All will be good.

If Rob will understand the mistake and will write to me on a email, I unban it without problems.

Old 29-02-2004, 16:22   #12
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
But didn't that happen since FOREVER? People are copy/pasting from tatysite.net and tatysite.net is doing THE SAME thing back (don't tell me this is not true - I strickly remember Kate comp/pasted an Elf translation the other day)... in the old days when there was another forum (can't remember the name right now), I remember I MYSELF along with Kate copy/pasted many, many interviews and articles from that forum to tatysite.net (with proper thanks of course) and they did the same thing back. And NO ONE ever said a thing.

Looking at this strickly obetively... aren't we all one tatu community? Shouldn't different forums help instead of rivaling eachother? What's the point? The articles aren't copyrigthed, since even by translating them we are ALL stealing the intelectual property of the translated article (cause the original righrs still belong to a newspaper that published the article), so no one can call a translation their intelectual property. The same goes to liks to vids... even if a person made it on a cap it's still a cap from the TV.... a TV that is public.

I think it would be best for both forums if we mahaned to live in somekind of a symbiosis. So that we'd ALL get every article there is. I think that there would be no more and no less visitors to any of the forums since the fan base is steady now and both forums have a well established communities. I mean... none of the regulars from the tatu.us will leave that place to go to tatysite.net and none of thet tatysiters will switch to tatu.us just because of the articles and videos available. It's the people that count. And if I feel comfortable on one forum I will stay on that forum till th every end simply cause I enjoy the company of certain people there. And I said many times that I enjoy tatysite.net because of that mostly - good company.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Old 29-02-2004, 17:54   #13
you'll need love

Quote:
But didn't that happen since FOREVER? People are copy/pasting from tatysite.net and tatysite.net is doing THE SAME thing back
yeah it did. There can be no true exclusives. The best solution to this "problem" is to add credits directly to the files. We all appreciate the good work everyone involved are doing, but starting to ban all members who are sharing the media with others is in a way very childish. One can ask the person involved to add credits if the person failed to do so.

I shared the (somewhat blurry) pictures from Skanderborg and just added bookmarks to my site. Then I'll just hope that if they are linked the bookmark will remain. Sure they can be removed, but sharing with the people in here is more important to me than credit.

We don't thank the ftp hosts as much as we should. They supply us with space for most of the files and the persons who capped the files gets all the credit. It's unfair too.. but the hosts never complains. Many applied for hosting the large files, why question the capacity of the servers now?

I know this very well may be off topic in some areas, but it's about credit and dealing with troubles.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't waste your time on me you're already
the voice inside my head

Last edited by teeny; 29-02-2004 at 18:02.

Old 29-02-2004, 18:04   #14
Primetime Anchor

Hey ppl, I have a well based suspicion that this is a result of a game some one's playing around in order to increase some one's popularity. Igor has been dragged into it. So, please, calm down until we know more. Okay? Please, no demonstrations this time. Let's see where we get then.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Olga | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ ritzer@hotmail.com ]

Latest News:
| Tatu gallery | Current News | News Archive

Old 29-02-2004, 18:20   #15
ex-sunnich

Send a message via ICQ to la aurora Send a message via MSN to la aurora
well... call me stupid, but I could never understand why materials can't be shared. Ppl spend some of their time typing things or uploading files... the more ppl see the result, the better. not? what do we do it for then?

as for exclusives... if Kate didn't share tatysite exclusives on tatugirls.com forum long time ago, I'd never know about this forum and would never come here. If ppl share information and give credits it's just some kind of advertisement for the site. Or at least I believe so.

Edit: and lol Forre no demonstartins from me. Was just expressing my opinion. Sorry didn't see ur post. And... well... Rob seemed a nice guy actually... pity he isn't here anymore...
Igor, mods... Hope you'll sort things out soon

Old 29-02-2004, 19:27   #16
I don't waste my time

I think this is the problem: Kate when posting her translations writes "do not copy&paste to any other forums/web sites" - and still, people keep doing it. I believe this is why Igor decided to ban Rob. Maybe I'm wrong.

While other articles/translations from other sites that have been posted here, they didn't have any sort of warning not to post them anywhere else, so I think it's ok to post them here.

Old 29-02-2004, 19:51   #17
Участник

staringelf,
Quote:
I think this is the problem: Kate when posting her translations writes "do not copy&paste to any other forums/web sites" - and still, people keep doing it. I believe this is why Igor decided to ban Rob. Maybe I'm wrong.
Got that right.

Personally, I don't really have anything against sharing the information. But when people Copy&Paste things INSTANTLY after they are posted here to Tatu.us, it becomes annoying. We've been tolerating people like him for a long time.

But, I am sure if he promises not do so again, writes an e-mail to Igor, he'll be unbanned in no time. Very simple.

Old 29-02-2004, 20:15   #18
Участник

Rob tells me that he NEVER posted a translation that was marked as ""do not copy&paste to any other forums/web sites" to another forum/website.

I completely agree with TLFdk, with freddie and with sunny poison!

xena225

Old 29-02-2004, 20:21   #19
Участник

xena225, well, should I write it in my signature then? "Don't copy & paste"? I wrote it a few times under my translations. God, people, take the hint!

I can't ruin my every post with warnings.

Old 29-02-2004, 20:26   #20
Участник

Quote:
Originally posted by katbeidar
I can't ruin my every post with warnings.
I rest my case.

xena225

Closed ThreadPost New Thread