Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum Sports and Entertainment

Mars Lasar

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 20-03-2003, 09:03   #1
My Waking Hour

Lightbulb Mars Lasar

Anybody heard of him? From the info I found on the internet he's an acclaimed New Age composer who has also worked with pop/rock artists like the Divinyls, Jon Stevens, Rick Dufay, Steve Balsamo, Erin Williams, Xavier, and Siedah Garrett. He has also produced Herbie Hancock, John Sykes (Whitesnake), French Diva Liane Foly and Sovory, and has worked on Seal's hit "Crazy" ( here's the connection with Trevorn Horn who produced "Crazy" and is main producer of Seal's albums ).

Below is a short biography of him I found on the net:

Quote:
Australian-born New Age composer and producer Mars Lasar first attracted attention in 1991 for his work on Seal's monster pop hit "Crazy; " his 1992 solo debut, Olympus, reached the Top Ten on the Progressive Adult Contemporary radio charts thanks in large part to its extensive use during CBS' broadcast of that year's Winter Olympic Games. Its follow-up, The Eleventh Hour, proved even more successful; Lasar next turned to interactive entertainment, composing the music for Sega's hit CD-ROM adventure game Tomcat Alley. After 1995's Escape, he issued the three-volume Mindscapes series a year later; subsequent releases included Olympic National Park, 1997's Song of the Manatee and 1998's 11:02. Karma appeared in spring 2001. In addition, Lasar produced dozens of production music CDs for companies across the globe. Jason Ankeny
Of course he's the writer of the new Tatu's song to be performed in ESC

http://www.marslasar.com/mars_images.../Marshshot.jpg

Last edited by spyretto; 20-03-2003 at 09:15.
Old 26-03-2003, 13:26   #2
Wandering Soul

Interesting. Did he write new Tatu song's lyrics as well? Is originally Russian? Anyone know?
Old 26-03-2003, 16:32   #3
My Waking Hour

he's Australian, check the biography

I got a few mp3s and they're quite good. Amy's Lullaby has the same effect of the clock that can be heard in 30 minutes, plus a baby mumbling - Amy?!.
He has only written the music, the lyrics were written by Valeriy Polienko who has written most of the lyrics of the first album.
ReplyPost New Thread