Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

censored up the ass (and it hurts too)

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 24-01-2003, 20:59   #1
Прохожий

censored up the ass (and it hurts too)

i dont usually buy cds but i think both of the girls are beautiful and they have beautiful voices and i love all the songs as well.

So i bought the cd but im kinda dissapointed that its censored

will there be an un-censored cd coming out in the US?
Old 24-01-2003, 21:06   #2
Участник

magus104, the Malchick Gay track on the English CD has a Russian part which is uncensored, for all I know, lol.
Old 25-01-2003, 02:18   #3
Прохожий

*sigh*

well i meant uncensored in english.

its like "BEEP that" i dont understand american logic. i for one am not proud to be american. what kind of logic is it where its ok to see people kill each other but its bad to see naked people or hear someone say a "bad" word

like above... why is it so bad to HEAR the word even though we know what the word is.... how is knowing and actually hearing it different? and what makes it so bad? people are allowed to say much more offensive words but those 2 are evil.

Old 25-01-2003, 02:31   #4
Участник

magus104, I guess it's just how this unfair world works
Old 25-01-2003, 04:32   #5
I'm a Dust Bunny!

On the remixes of ATTSS, that first "sh--" is not censored.

It made me blink. Lol. I hadn't been expecting it to be uncensored.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Le noir, la gloire... On se demande bien.
Mais comm' je t'adore, lorsque je m'endors...
Old 25-01-2003, 16:03   #6
thE Puppetmaster

They can censor, we can dream... but magus has a point - why censor something if everybody already knows what it is? These censorship people are just plain weird
Old 25-01-2003, 17:36   #7
t.A.T.u. fan... Duh!

Censors!!!

Thats just garbage!! i mean thats stupid, y cant we just have uncensored music(except for eminem) the only country that dosent censor is japan.
Old 27-01-2003, 04:49   #8
Прохожий

oh shit

whats up with SH*T anyways?

like its ok for them to say SH*T now..... they had that south park episode where they said SH*T like 150 times uncensored but ever since then people have been conservative about using it. like they dont want to abuse it so they do it once in a blue moon now.

as for the eminem music you cant have your cake and eat it too lol. i dont care for his music but censorship is just stupid anyways.

i was watching this show on E! and they had full nude women in that latex body paint so you could see EVERYTHING except it was covered in liquid latex so they didnt censor it. but in the howard stern show someone had some extra skin from their privates removed and encased in some kind of plastic and they censored that! its dead skin incased in plastic.... but because of were it came from they censored it? on the show they were saying how it looked like bacon bits or something.

so if it were bacon bits instead of skin would it have been censored? nope. anyways my main point is tatu rocks and music as good as theirs deserves to be heard uncensored (not to mention the behind the scenes video thats on the cd)

katbeidar: Please, control your language, lol.
Old 27-01-2003, 07:16   #9
The Poke Master

Send a message via AIM to rivierakid
no kidding!

i was thinking the exact same thing when i first listened to the cd! i dont understand why they would censor it there. i can understand if they just censored it on the radio, but why does it have to be censored on the actual album? just doesnt make sense to me...
Old 18-02-2003, 20:10   #10
The Dream is Over, :~(

Re: oh shit

Quote:
in the howard stern show someone had some extra skin from their privates removed and encased in some kind of plastic and they censored that!
In that case I'm glad they censored it. Honestly, I wish somebody censored your entire post.
*shudders*
Just joshing.

I personally understand why violence goes undetected in the American Media. It's just that we are so desensitized to it, our cartoons have it.

I beginning to notice that swear words are added to prime-time programs. So things might be turning around.
Old 18-02-2003, 22:09   #11
Santa's bodyguard

IMO they beeped stuff and such to avoid "Parental Advisory-Explicit Lyrics" label. Since t.A.T.u. aim for teenagers and such I seriously doubt parents would aprove of their children listening to CDs with PAEL label.

Could be totaly wrong though. Alanis swears in Jagged Little Pill and doesn't have PAEL label, though it has warning that CD contains lyrics that could be ofensive to some people. But she says f**k and forgot what else.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 18-02-2003, 22:13   #12
I'm a Dust Bunny!

"Alanis swears in Jagged Little Pill and doesn't have PAEL label, though it has warning that CD contains lyrics that could be ofensive to some people."

Alanis is Canadian, and there's very little we do censor. Lol. Well, not in Quйbec at any rate. ^_^ We show "The Osbournes" on one of our main public channels around 10 PM. There is NO *beeping* present whatsoever. Lol.

Anyway, yes, for them, it would most likely be to avoid the Parental Advisory thingamajig.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 19-02-2003, 20:06   #13
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally posted by Echoed
Alanis is Canadian, and there's very little we do censor. Lol. Well, not in Quйbec at any rate. ^_^ We show "The Osbournes" on one of our main public channels around 10 PM. There is NO *beeping* present whatsoever. Lol.
But she signed for american company, Maverick and Maverick has to obey US regulations, despite the fact that Alanis is Canadian.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 20-02-2003, 05:33   #14
Will mew for food

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Cat Send a message via AIM to Mr. Cat Send a message via MSN to Mr. Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Cat
Unhappy magus104!

Bear in mind the recording industry exists to make money, not to promulgate artistic freedom. And to avoid legal battles against either federal or local governments, that industry follows the letter of whatever laws are applicable. Hence, the only way for true artistic freedom to flourish in music is for the individual artists themselves to take control of their work.

Alas, t.A.T.u. is in no position to do so: They're paid a pittance, so that they'll be unable to flex any economic muscle; they're locked into contracts which further erode any power they might otherwise acrue via their popularity; and they're young, which means there's a lot they don't know.

Thankfully, for us, there is the inter-net; and through it we can at least, from time to time, obtain audio and/or video recordings released in countries whose laws are less conservative than (for example) the U.S.A. Also, were I in the decision-maker's seat regarding t.A.T.u. I'd go ahead and record with the "warning label" scenario disregarded: t.A.T.u. will not be adolescents forever, so in my view it's best they aim for an adult audience now.

=^..^=
~~~~~~~~~~~
Björk
Old 21-02-2003, 04:46   #15
Der Meister

Send a message via AIM to Vicious
Hmmm....They swear what 3 times? That won't get you a parental advisory label.
Old 21-02-2003, 04:49   #16
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Maybe it's because they're young. o_O But the ATTSS (Extension 119) Remixes don't get censored. (They play on the radio here and whee!) Then again, I'm in Montrйal. We censor practically nothing. o_O

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 21-02-2003, 04:55   #17
Der Meister

Send a message via AIM to Vicious
Doesnt even Britney Spears swear a few times on her cd? I've never heard it but I believe she does. And I'm pretty sure Christina does as well.
Old 01-03-2003, 22:47   #18
Прохожий

Magus, shut the hell up...

I can't believe you would say something like "Im not proud to be an american" How old are you? 12? When you say something like that it just goes to show your ignorance. Everything you own, you own because your american. And your uneducated views on American censorship show just how stupid people can be. Think before you open your mouth. I bet if you were to list all the reasons why you think you hate being American, every well educated American would laugh and dismiss your claims. Let me guess, now you want to be Russian? You see my uneducated friend. Russia is what America would be if we didnt stand up to terrorism and for ourselves. Whether they'll admit it or not, every single country on earth is jealous of America's financial wealth and power. We stand up for what we believe and we take action on those who would threaten us. We take in the people that other countries throw away. This makes us strong. This causes people to hate and critisize us, but in no way gives way for people like you to hate your own country. I guarentee that if you were to move to another country, you'd move right back to america within a year because you'd finally realize how well you have it. You know in belgium people are taxed for having radios and large items of furniture in their houses? Ive lived in many different countries, including the middle east (Saudi Arabia), and I can tell you from personal experience that its a great country but if you can tolerate the entire country shutting down 4 times a day for prayer for longer then a year, then you are a tolerant person. You see, about 50% of countries are run by religion. So before you again, rag on america for petty reasons. Think how you could be killed for expressing yourself and practicing you own religion in many other countries. Fact is, America is the greatest country on earth. Thats why everyone wants to live here. So go ahead and leave, the second you do, you'll be replaced by an immigrant who can appreciate being in a country that considers them a true equal and opens up all sorts of doors of opportunity. We have our flaws, but they dont out way the benefit of being an American.
Old 01-03-2003, 22:57   #19
I'm a Dust Bunny!

Obviously, I can understand your ire towards those that do not have appreciation for America, but please withhold your anger, because you are blatantly being aggressive towards another member.

We are discussing censorship, and how it is exaggerated in the US. NOT the quality of life within the US.

Besides, everyone has a right to their own opinion. Opinion is not fact. It's a point of view. As such, anything voiced as an opinion only has power when someone takes it to heart. Whatever the case may be... Relax.

Thank you.

~Echo.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Quietly weaving,
Tiredly leaving,
Another today,
Again tomorrow
Together dismay,
And raining sorrow.

Old 02-03-2003, 00:09   #20
Santa's bodyguard

Let's not turn this t.A.T.u. forum into political forum. I've seen too many good forums go to hell because of some stupid trolls and people who feed them.

Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~

ReplyPost New Thread