Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum The Island of Arts

Close Enough To Touch

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:31   #101
Участник

Plus, if you haven't felt like you could talk to someone before and then you find someone who *wants* to listen, usually a whole flood of information comes pouring out.

Yes, Raisa and Ivan would have listened to Yulia...but they were hurting too, and Yulia wouldn't want to make them feel bad by bringing the subject up. Of course, *they* might have felt better by listening and talking to Yulia...but we can understand why Yulia might not have been thinking all that clearly, yes?

Parrish
Old 11-06-2003, 03:07   #102
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally posted by parrish122

But I'm going to write the story as it feels true to *me*.

Parrish
And I hope that never changes! THAT is what makes your writing SO good! I absolutely love this fic so far and I am anxiously awaiting all those chapters you talked about. And yes, the chapters you've written so far has blown my mind already and I'm sure the others will blow me off my feet. lol Keep up the wonderful writing!
Old 11-06-2003, 04:15   #103
Участник

Quote:
Yes, Raisa and Ivan would have listened to Yulia...but they were hurting too, and Yulia wouldn't want to make them feel bad by bringing the subject up. Of course, *they* might have felt better by listening and talking to Yulia...but we can understand why Yulia might not have been thinking all that clearly, yes?

Parrish
I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am liking this story too much... Strangely enough, I can identify with a lot of it.......
Old 11-06-2003, 12:35   #104
Участник

Thanks dare2dream and pacmangirl. All this discussion over this fic reminds me of when I was in high school and we'd have to interpret stories in class.

Parrish
Old 11-06-2003, 16:28   #105
think again....

Send a message via MSN to warx Send a message via Yahoo to warx
ripp & parrish:
yes,(in real life)there's lot of ppol out there is jst like lena(ppol who luvs to listen,ppol with perfect qualities of a psychiatrist )...but in the fic, lena is jst an ordinary girl who falls in luv to an ordinary lesb....therefore, it is so impossible for lena would not feel anything like hurt , jelousy, envy, towards rain......

im not saying that yulia must (should) stop remembering,loving,etc bout rain(or completely forget rain).... all im saying is that yulia should look infront of her(present)...

how can a person move on if there's somebody kips holding back......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"all under heaven"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 11-06-2003, 20:20   #106
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
warx, how is that impossible?

In the story, she's a girl, a student, a friend, a listener, and someone who greatly cares. How can you say it's impossible that she would go on into college and BECOME a psychiatrist in parrish's mind?

Then again, she may end up being a garbage collector, or a librarian, or a teacher.

Who knows. But it's not impossible.

I myself am someone who WOULD feel hurt, jealousy, envy towards someone in that situation. But I have a friend who is EXACTLY like Lena is portrayed. She's gone through this, though not to the extent of the past loved one dying.

Is it impossible then?? It's being close minded to think that being that open and caring is not real. I'm blessed to have a friend that WOULD listen for hours on end about one topic. They push me towards opening up just as Lena is doing to Yulia.

Is my friendship impossible?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 11-06-2003, 23:45   #107
Участник

warx, I'm sure Yulia's trying to look in front of her, and talking about it openly with Lena is making that happen more quickly. The longer she holds all her feelings about Rain bottled up inside her the longer its going to take for her to move on. Its only been a freakin year dude, give her some time. Its weird I feel like I'm talkin about a real person rather that a fictional character
Old 12-06-2003, 00:10   #108
Участник

*Laughs*

Well, I've based Lena on two people. Myself (and several people told me that I should become a therapist) and a friend who *did* become a therapist. So Ripp had a pretty amazing insight on that one!

Ok, I wasn't a teenager when I dealt with my situation...but I was only 23. I don't remember ever feeling envious or anything like that. I mean, the person was dead. It isn't the same at *all* as when the person is talking about their ex, who is still alive.

And as I said before, it's only been about a week. Yulia is doing pretty darn good to be able to open up like she has to Lena....putting Rain completely behind her at this point would be rather unrealistic, in my opinion.

Parrish
Old 12-06-2003, 02:16   #109
Участник

Chapter blow our minds???Oh My God! Now I just can't wait for the next chapters!!

Warx, you and me think too much alike!! I'm all with you!

I don't know, maybe I feel different about this whole thing because nobody around me has ever died (or anyone that I care about anyway). Still, damn, now I'm gonna be checking to see when the new chapters are up every ten minutes!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:36   #110
Участник

<Smile> Well, Ripp always posts when she's updated her site. So when you see that she's posted here, you might want to check it out.

Parrish
Old 12-06-2003, 02:56   #111
Yearning

Awww shoot! When I saw that parrish posted, I was like "WOOO NEW CHAPTER!!" and then read the post and was like "Mannnn..." LOL Oh well. But,I think of this way--great things are worth waiting for.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:57   #112
Участник

Damn, it's not up yet??? Crap!
Old 12-06-2003, 03:14   #113
Your Distraction

Send a message via ICQ to Ripptyd Send a message via AIM to Ripptyd Send a message via MSN to Ripptyd Send a message via Yahoo to Ripptyd
I'm sorry, I'm VERY bogged down with THREE LARGE papers I have to write tonight and it's *looks at clock* 10:10pm. I just got home at 9:40pm.

I've come to post and argue points about parrish's story, beyond that, I've done NOTHING online. It's so sad. *pouts*

parrish, I'm sorry I haven't had time to PM you and email you back, I WILL tomorrow though, I promise! I'll be partially free tomorrow. LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Still, you bolded all your best words, so they'd have something to wrap their mouths around
---
I'll still say your name to fall asleep
A cynic saying rosary; a liar in his make believe

|| livejournal || myspace || facebook me || son fic || website ||
Old 12-06-2003, 04:10   #114
Yearning

Like I said in another post in a different thread, no worries Ripp. Personally, I just like to joke around with posting on how I can't wait for more chapters. (Although I REALLY do look forward to them...more addictive than soda I tell you! lol) Hope you get all those papers done!
Old 12-06-2003, 07:30   #115
Участник

Ok, so here's my two pennies:
Yes, Lena is amazingly understanding and sympathetic, and open to anything Yulia wants to say about Rain. I don't think that's not impossible at all. Fortunately enough, I consider myself one of those people. I will just listen for hours on end to whoever wants to talk about anything, *especially* if it's someone I care about like Lena cares about Yulia.

On the Yulia getting over Rain thing, I agree that it's way too soon for her to even think about completely forgetting about Rain. *That* is impossible, and she never would completely forget about her. You can't just forget about someone that has touched your life like Rain did Yulia's... And Yulia is very lucky to finally have someone she can be so open with. Like I understand that she wouldn't want to talk about it with Raisa because it was her friend too, so she wouldn't want to upset her. I know that from experience of being put in a similar spot.

And then for it having only been a week (thank you parrish122 for clarifying that), Yulia's progress is unbelievable. Being surrounded by people like Lena certainly makes it *that* much less difficult...

Anywho, good luck on your papers Ripptyd
Old 12-06-2003, 13:12   #116
Участник

Oh jeez Ripp...

....*please* don't ever think I expect you to drop everything and post my chapters. I know you are busy, and I'm just grateful you're willing to host them at all. As well as all the other fanfics on your site, for that matter. There's such good reading there.

But I *do* realize you have a life.

Parrish
Old 12-06-2003, 17:08   #117
think again....

well, wat can i say ripp... wer jst different....
~~~~~~~~~~~
mY SITE
Old 13-06-2003, 02:16   #118
Участник

Bad day...

...really, really bad day. Don't even ask.

It will probably be quite some time before this gets updated. And that's because of *me*, not Ripp, so don't go bugging her.

Parrish
Old 13-06-2003, 02:33   #119
think again....

Question

Echoed: No posts without text allowed. Please, avoid emoticon-only posts. ^_^'
Old 13-06-2003, 02:45   #120
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
Quote:
...really, really bad day. Don't even ask.
Wanna talk about it? *Lena psychologist kicks in*
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
ReplyPost New Thread