Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

Alcoholism In Slovenia

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 22-02-2004, 17:42   #1
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Alcoholism In Slovenia

I post this article just for coolz and other slavics who falsely belive THEY are the biggest boozers in Europe...

Check it out.
~~~~~~~~~~~
freddie | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ multyman@hotmail.com ]

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 22-02-2004, 17:47   #2
pie crust

Quote:
Some children in Slovenia drink beer after a hard day at school.
I am so shocked! Come on.. us slavic people.. there are no limits!

Quote:
predicting a rise in black market production and overall consumption.
Yeah, that could happen of course... Everybody seems to be used to alcohol, and cutting it off like that might be.. not so good.

Well, too much of anything is never good, so maybe this is for the best. Seems to me that it just caused problems.

But of course, if I would live in Slovenia I would totally protest against this. Just kidding.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Monika | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ <3 ] [ 11 ]
Old 22-02-2004, 17:52   #3
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Stores and gas stations will be prohibited from selling alcohol between 9 p.m. and 7 a.m. and bars will not be allowed to sell hard liquor before 10 a.m.
This is already in place. You can't buy booze in stores as there are receipts but you can easilly get hard liquor in bars before 10.

Quote:
The head of the Slovenian Nationalist Party, Zmago Jelincic, says it will do more harm than good, predicting a rise in black market production and overall consumption.

"The law is bad, not well thought out, and stupid. Therefore, it will be bad for Slovenian citizens, for the economy and for the indigenous culture, of which a glass or two always will be a part," said Jelincic.
Considering he was twice caught drunk driving he should keep his big mouth shut. Specially since second time was short time after his new wife had a baby.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 22-02-2004, 17:57   #4
a kind of fresh madness

This article kinda alarms me. I thought that in this day and age, when everyone is on about freedom of choice and free will and all that shite, something like prohibition would be completely unthought of. That Slovenia is introducing a ban on alcohol is really strange to me!
I always thought that Scotland had the biggest alcohol problem in Europe. Statisics show that, as a nation, we drink far too much. I can't ever imagine the British government banning alcohol though. They earn far too much money from it to even consider outlawing it. They'd just be shooting themselves in the foot with that one!
But does banning alcohol really solve the problem of alcoholism? I know that if (God forbid! ) an alcohol ban were introduced in the UK, I'd do whatever was in my power to make sure I got myself some booze, even if I had to break the law in the process!
People always find a way around these things. A ban won't solve the problem - it'll only create more cos people will resort to breaking the law in order to carry on living the way of life that they become accustomed to.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Do they even cure you...
or is it just to humour us before we die?
Old 22-02-2004, 18:05   #5
Sad Little Monkey

Send a message via AIM to freddie Send a message via MSN to freddie Send a message via Yahoo to freddie
Quote:
Originally posted by luxxi
Considering he was twice caught drunk driving he should keep his big mouth shut. Specially since second time was short time after his new wife had a baby.
Not only that. He lost his driving licence recently for driving under the influence.

Mossopp: It wouldn't be EXACTLY a ban. Just limitation on the consumantion after certain hours in public places. Yet I do agree that this law is uterly stupid, as it's so hard to control whet people do it their spare time... and no ban was EVER good... just look at the USA situation in the 30s with prohibition. It boosted the alcohol production and moved it to illegal waters.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Old 22-02-2004, 18:15   #6
Santa's bodyguard

Quote:
Originally posted by freddie
Not only that. He lost his driving licence recently for driving under the influence.
Probablly same incident. The one he claims he was going to that meeting which started 15 minutes be4 he was stopped?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ho, ho, ho. Santa is in town. And he has a list of naughty girls.

Proud "no club member" club member

Life sucks so why don't you just drop your pants and enjoy it?

Tatysite, love or leave it. And don't bother complaining, thread will be closed.
Old 22-02-2004, 18:29   #7
Участник

We have similar regulations over here. For example, the operating hours of my local Liquorland are as follows:

Sun: 10-6
Mon: 10-7
Tue: 10-7
Wed: 10-7
Thu: 10-8
Fri: 10-9
Sat 10-9
Old 22-02-2004, 20:14   #8
Sad Little Monkey

Quote:
Originally posted by luxxi
Probablly same incident. The one he claims he was going to that meeting which started 15 minutes be4 he was stopped?
That one yeah!! He claimed it was all a goverment conspiracy, that they waited for his specificaly so he couldn't join the meeting of his political party. Dismissing the fact that it might be a bit of his fault involved as well since he WAS drunk as a skunk.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 23-02-2004, 03:11   #9
the unattainable kish

Send a message via ICQ to kishkash Send a message via MSN to kishkash
whoah...def. a problem

Canada enforces a form of prohabition...ur not alowed to drink in public, just in provate homes and liscenced public places (bars, resturaunts, clubs). Its meant more as a way to be civil, than to regulate the public coz alcaholics can still go to a bar and drink their asses off.

I found it strange to hang out in the US and see people drinking all over the place and in the streets. It just seemed wrong LOL.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Ze origional p.I.m.p
karens quote of the day: 'If i were gay it'd be so much easier'

forkMeRaw | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ urmamawantsme@hotmail.com ]
ReplyPost New Thread