Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova beat cancer but 'mistake' during surgery damaged her singing voice

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 17-05-2016, 09:35   #1

Yulia Volkova beat cancer but 'mistake' during surgery damaged her singing voice

Quote:
t.A.T.u singer Yulia Volkova beat cancer but 'mistake' during surgery damaged her singing voice.

Yulia Volkova – one of half of fake lesbian pop duo t.A.T.u – revealed she had beaten cancer, but a "mistake" during surgery left her with damage to her singing voice.

The 31-year-old Russian – who performed during the Opening Ceremony of 2014's Sochi Winter Olympics – said the mishap during her Moscow surgery had left her initially unable to speak.

A mum of two, she added she'd now recovered from thyroid cancer but needed further surgery in South Korea to restore her voice, which is now soft and husky.

Volkova had hidden her cancer from the world for four years, even during the Olympic reunion with her t.A.T.u co-singer Lena Katia – with who she famously kissed during performances.

"It was a critical moment for me. When the surgery was over, I had to open my eyes and start talking," she said.

"But it didn't happen.

"I was whispering.

"Forget about singing. I could not say hello on the phone, people were not hearing me. "

Posing as lesbian schoolgirls, the Russian duo shocked the world when they burst onto the scene in 2003.

The scantily clad pair would regularly kiss and cuddle during their performances – sparking outrage that their act was just a marketing stunt.

But despite their apparently close bond on stage, the 31-year-old singer revealed the duo hadn't kept in touch much since.

"Many friends and those who were close to me have gone, saying something like 'Ah, Yulia Volkova, she's a thing of the past, forget about her.

"When I was expecting surgery, all kept calling - 'Come on, we're with you, you are strong, you will make it'.

"But when it was all over, and they heard my voice after the surgery, they realised they did not need me anymore.

"Nobody called, even Lena."

She added: "I lost lost my voice because of the doctors' mistake.

"I mean they hurt my vocal nerve.

"I had a thyroid cancer. They damaged my vocal nerve."

But despite the pain, Volkova is bravely putting it behind her and moving on: "All the worst is behind me. I never think why or what for," she added.

"It happens, and it means it happened in my life in order to take me through it.

"It is a certain stage of my life and I believe that such diseases are sent only to strong people.

"It is only for strong people, even if they do not survive, they fight to the end."

The Russian star – who has two children, 11-year-old Viktoria and a son Samir, 8 – caused more controversy when she admitted she'd "condemn her son for being gay".

Despite her own 'lesbian' past, the star revealed her homophobic outlook, adding: "I believe that a real man must be a real man".

"Two girls together – not the same thing as the two men together. It seems to me that lesbians look aesthetically much nicer than two men holding their hands or kissing.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...a-beat-7707816
~~~~~~~~~~~
R | TatySite.net t.E.A.m. [ e-mail ]
Old 19-05-2016, 22:02   #2
Hatırla Sevgili

Send a message via MSN to fanoff
Is that true?
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dudağımda yarım kalan söylenmemiş son sözümdür...
Baki olsa da ayrılık,
Aşk her daim ölümsüzdür...

Varsın eller gönül yarası kapanır sansın,
Kabuğun altında sevgili sen kanayansın...
Old 19-05-2016, 22:29   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
Is that true?
Yes, she confirmed this in HELLO.ru interview and one television interview.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-05-2016, 22:38   #4
Hatırla Sevgili

Oh my god. That's horrible Robbie. At least she got over it. And thyroid surgery has high risk of losing your voice. So that was the reason why she lost her voice all of a sudden. We were blaming the screams she did back in tatu times.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 19-05-2016, 22:42   #5

fanoff, yes, I'm very glad she's much better now. It must be horrible for her.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-05-2016, 22:44   #6
Hatırla Sevgili

And Lena not being there for her. So sad if that is the truth. I always liked Yulia's personality more because she is Pisces like me but Lena, that's too much if she didn't even call. Maybe she didn't know.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

Old 19-05-2016, 22:48   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoff View Post
And Lena not being there for her. So sad if that is the truth. I always liked Yulia's personality more because she is Pisces like me but Lena, that's too much if she didn't even call. Maybe she didn't know.
Well, from what I recall from television interview, her close people (including Lena) knows about cancer/surgery. So... it's quite sad.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 19-05-2016, 22:54   #8
Hatırla Sevgili

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Well, from what I recall from television interview, her close people (including Lena) knows about cancer/surgery. So... it's quite sad.
So so sad. It's illness, she should have called no matter what went between eachother.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Baki olsa da ayrılık,

ReplyPost New Thread