Unofficial site of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU
Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU General Forum General discussions

t.A.T.u. relationship better as subtext or all out?

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 03:42   #1
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
t.A.T.u. relationship better as subtext or all out?

I was reading the other thread I started about Xena and X-Files and it made me think of a question. Do you think the "relationship" between L&Y would have been better if it was subtextual as was X&G for most of the time, or do you think it's better out in the open and very obvious as it is now? I look at Mulder and Scully's relationship throughout the seasons and I loved the fact that it was never in your face...you had to really look at the subtext for it. Like if they just did something like hold hands or give a subtle hug, that was HUGE, and I loved it! In a way though, it almost is like some of us look for the "subtext" in L&Y's relationship (or whatever you want to call it) because already people look for "hidden" signs of affection (like when they were sitting on a couch and they held hands just out of camera's view, but we could still see it a liiiitttlleee bit) or signs that look generally sincere (like a peck here or a peck there). So what does everyone think?
Old 01-07-2003, 05:17   #2
kis$ it

Send a message via AIM to Lux Send a message via MSN to Lux Send a message via Yahoo to Lux Send a message via Skype™ to Lux
well. i would say i have a hyperactive imagination. i think too much. last night i kept myself up thinking about how not straight julia and lena are. i started focusing on julia because she's hotter than africa but nevertheless, highly sexual. her sexual energy is unparalleled. and she probably is unaware of its magnitude. and with many highly sexual girls, they tend to be straight....er. they tend to be more into...um certain masculine things. i dunno, the more i think about her the straighter she seems. even the little things that happen between lena and julia doesnt sway me by much. if i had to label them both, i'd say they're bi. and by no means with a preference for each other. and another thing, my 'dar is all screwed up when it comes to tatu, it's like it goes crazy but doesnt work at the same time. i can't tell with them.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete™ forever

I never thought it would be this clear | Lux [ light-ness@hotmail.com ]
Old 01-07-2003, 06:13   #3
shit happens :D

Send a message via ICQ to karxwp
as good Xenafan I have this deja vu with tatu...the producer, the girls...the subtext...nothing's completely clear really... and I do think that this little project will end as Xena...no ONE WILL REALLY KNOW THE TRUTH....and Ivan and the girls will be the ones who will finish this...not the media...or the tabloids...
Old 01-07-2003, 10:54   #4
Участник

Well, as regards Xena and Gabrielle, the production staff was always very ambiguous, until the last season that is, when you actually couldn't see them as anything else than a committed couple, in my opinion. Or those who did, had to go to unbelievable, fantastical lengths to "prove" they were not a couple. They still did, though. *grin* But looking for hints that they were in love during the first seasons, that was really great fun!

Mulder and Scully - I always saw a certain attraction between them, but I never had the feeling that those two felt the need to act on it, both being the reclusive and reserved people that they were. (I was only a casual viewer of the X-Files -so if someone wants to correct me on that, please do.) Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny certainly had amazing chemistry, just like Lucy Lawless and Reneй O'Connor (on Xena), so it's no wonder people picked up on that and hoped for more.

tATu are different in my opinion. First of all, they aren't fictional characters (though some might argue they are *grin*), and in my opinion it's difficult to draw a line between tATu on one hand and Yulia and Lena on the other, just because it's all so intertwined. They've said that what you see on stage is for real - so subtext would not really be possible, would it?

But still - if it was possible: Would subtext be better? I don't think it would make much difference really. The arguments from both sides (the doubters and the believers) would be the same, I guess - the only difference is that now it's a lot easier for those who argue that they are in love with each other or attracted to each other, respectively.

And one other thing: If it was subtext, I would really miss their hot PD performances and the likes, because those aren't subtext-y in any way.

xena225

Last edited by xena225; 01-07-2003 at 11:06.
Old 01-07-2003, 18:48   #5
Участник

Ah, another way to look at the same old question: what is more important, Tatu's image, music, or private lives? For the sake of their relationship (regardless of what it might actually be), it would probably have been better to have been subtext. For the sake of getting Tatu known to the world, it was very effective (and perhaps necessary) to be as outrageous as they have always been.

If anything, the subtext turned out to be that the music was good.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:20   #6
Yearning

Send a message via AIM to dare2dream28 Send a message via MSN to dare2dream28
Quote:
Originally posted by Charles

If anything, the subtext turned out to be that the music was good.
Take a bow for that quote Charles! Nicely said! xena225, I agree with you on the subtext issue--that it wouldn't really matter because either way, people would still be arguing both sides of the story. But as far as the X-files though *grins* oh I definitely saw the draw between M&S. They had a baby after all. I love David Duchovny's quote "Typical X-Files fashion. They have the baby, THEN they kiss." LOL I love subtext, because it just builds up so much anticipation. When Mulder and Scully first kissed, my gawd I practically jumped through the roof with excitement!! I was like "YES!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!" But as far as Y&L, it's so hard to tell the difference from their real feelings compared to what they're supposed to feel while acting as t.A.T.u. I guess the world will never know the answer to the never ending question when it comes to those two, but after all, isn't that what we like about them? They always keep us guessing.
ReplyPost New Thread