Go Back   Unofficial forum of group TATU Solo Projects Julia Volkova

Yulia Volkova Solo Project pt.2

ReplyPost New Thread

Old 20-12-2011, 11:15   #221
Участник

Send a message via MSN to Arnaudfrenchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowerB View Post
Any doubts I had about Yulia being the greatest thing that ever existed were totally blown away by watching the vids from St Petersburg.
You speak about the woman who constantly gives the microphone to the crowd because she is unable to sing during an entire show ?
Old 20-12-2011, 11:43   #222
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaudfrenchy View Post
You speak about the woman who constantly gives the microphone to the crowd because she is unable to sing during an entire show ?
You just don’t get it, Arnaudfrenchy and nothing I can say will change that. Yulia is the best there has ever been. I’m sure of that now.
Old 20-12-2011, 16:58   #223
Участник

That's funny but i have thought the same about your case.

Champagne !
Old 20-12-2011, 20:51   #224
Участник

You are a singer, Arnaudfrenchy. You know about music. You’ve been told what to think is good or bad in a performance. I’ve seen this before from people who are educated in music.

From watching the vids from St Petersburg, Yulia’s performance genuinely impresses me. Maybe her singing is crap according to all your rules, but the only thing important to me is the sound and the sound is spellbinding.
Old 20-12-2011, 22:57   #225
Участник

Quote:
You are a singer, Arnaudfrenchy. You know about music. You’ve been told what to think is good or bad in a performance. I’ve seen this before from people who are educated in music.
For my concern, i would love to sing more and in a professional way.

Quote:
From watching the vids from St Petersburg, Yulia’s performance genuinely impresses me. Maybe her singing is crap according to all your rules, but the only thing important to me is the sound and the sound is spellbinding.
I have listened to the videos. Yulia didn't sing "crap". At least, she is singing live which is far better for me than the playback. She is not lying and it's great. There are part where she sings good. But others she is not on the tune.
Then i really don't understand why giving always the microphone almost on each songs. You do it one or two times and it's great. But on each songs.

And one more thing : Yulia has indeed a really beautiful voice and don't you think it would be even better if she was training it ?

Last edited by Arnaudfrenchy; 20-12-2011 at 23:23.
Old 20-12-2011, 23:47   #226
Участник

Quote:
Then i really don't understand why giving always the microphone almost on each songs. You do it one or two times and it's great. But on each songs.
I think Yulia considers herself to be an entertainer. She certainly got the fans going in St Petersburg, but she has to be able to sing for herself if the audience is not responsive. I like seeing the interaction on the vids, but it would have been better if she had sung more of Fly on the Wall.

Quote:
don't you think it would be even better if she was training it ?
I have changed my view on this. I used to think she should have no training. I was afraid she would lose the magic from her voice. Thankfully that has not happened, so I think more training may be a good thing.

It’s clear she has been working on her voice. She has found it’s limits and has altered the tatu songs to suit it.
Old 23-12-2011, 01:03   #227
Участник

Quote:

Its not only people educated in music. It is not just subjective vs objective, there is such a thing as intersubjectivity... there is a common agreement that a singer who cannot sing even in tune and lacks every capability , is not a good singer. Of course you can make up all the notions of a good singer to your own taste but then there is no discussion possible at all and there is no use in communicating in music; which is fortunately not the case. It would be saying things like: the tree in my backyard does not exist, only my great mind does (which may be true since men does not know the objective truth if there is one)... communicating the way you do about yulia does not make sense in this world.

I agree that the vocals are very personal whether they emotional 'hit' you or not, but wouldnt it be even better if this voice is both techniqually good or at least OK, AND the expressiveness? I think these two do strengthen each other and I disagree that Yulia can be classified as a great singer.

Personally, i dont see a point in listening to a techniqually great singer if it sounds like a machine (to my own perception) like Sarah Brightman... most important is the emotions that it can evoke like Faye Wong to me (also the combination with the music is important, the music is probably even much more important imo) and this will not happen to most people with decent ears with a voice like Yulia's.
Old 23-12-2011, 07:46   #228
Участник

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastblossom View Post
most important is the emotions that it can evoke
Spot on. I need to remember that argument. Listening to and watching the St Petersburg performance gives me an enormous lift.

Edit:
I download an flv to mp3 converter and now I have all Lauiii and tatushnik’s clips in mp3. I numbered them so they play in the order of the set list and for the last couple of hours I’ve let them wash over me while I’ve been at my computer.
Conclusion: Yulia is great.

Last edited by RowerB; 23-12-2011 at 12:13. Reason: Adding compelling information
Old 23-12-2011, 12:29   #229
Участник

Generally, when you listen a thousand times a thing, you should have developped your opinion by arguments instead of saying "Yulia is Great, Yulia is magnificent, Yulia is great, Yulia is magnificent" 7 times in a row.

Yulia is not great. She will be by improving. For me she is just average.
I agree with thelastblossom.
Old 23-12-2011, 14:21   #230
Участник

RowerB may find Yulia great, its really in the eye of the beholder... What I was trying to say is that he should not claim that Yulia is a great singer, because that is something more than subjective. Although of course ''everybody'' will laugh everytime he says how great Yulia is. I know I do :P
Old 23-12-2011, 14:44   #231
Участник

Quote:
Generally, when you listen a thousand times a thing, you should have developped your opinion by arguments instead of saying "Yulia is Great, Yulia is magnificent, Yulia is great, Yulia is magnificent" 7 times in a row.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastblossom View Post
he should not claim that Yulia is a great singer,
I don’t think I have claimed that. What I do claim is that Yulia voice produces a magical sound that can stir the emotions in a really good way. Therefore Yulia is great.

Last edited by RowerB; 23-12-2011 at 14:50. Reason: adding reply for chess piece
Old 23-12-2011, 16:57   #232
Участник

Quote:
I don’t think I have claimed that. What I do claim is that Yulia voice produces a magical sound that can stir the emotions in a really good way. Therefore Yulia is great.
cheers
Old 23-12-2011, 20:49   #233
Martian Eyes

Quote:
For me she is just average.
Really? To force somebody to watch the whole performance without a break is certainly a death sentence. Worst performance ever!
Old 23-12-2011, 21:09   #234
(= HaPpY sMiLeS =)

Send a message via AIM to obez17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Really? To force somebody to watch the whole performance without a break is certainly a death sentence. Worst performance ever!
I just don't understand how her voice got so much worse from 2008 until now. It seemed to be improving when she was in t.A.T.u. Now she can barely hold a note. It's so sad to watch.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Veseliye Ulybki --> Happy Smiles
Upravleniye Otbrosami --> Waste Management
obez17 --> monk17
.lol.
Old 23-12-2011, 23:22   #235
Участник

Quote:
What are you talking about?
About nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argos View Post
Well yes, i have seen better from her for sure.
I meant average... well okay low for this time.

One thing that i can say : Tarja is REALLY uber GREAT !
Old 25-12-2011, 04:30   #236
Участник

Quote:
About nothing.

offtopic: yes I like Tarja too,.. she has a DVD out, live with harus... with the christmas songs,.. really nice during this time of year
Old 25-12-2011, 09:25   #237
Участник

Quote:
I meant average... well okay low for this time.
I suggest you wait until Argos has told us what to think next time.

Quote:
Offtop:
I looked at a youtube vid called TARJA TURUNEN & HARUS "You Would Have Loved This" (Live)
The only thing she had in common with Yula was there was no SML kick. If that is typical of her sound then it is not for me. Apart from Yulia, the only other artist where I like almost everything she has done is Melanie, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PKA2tn1Ms

Back to those who say Yulia needs to improve. I worry that any “improvement" on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMfzlI3MWk would be a step in the wrong direction.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Last edited by RowerB; 25-12-2011 at 10:30.
Old 25-12-2011, 17:47   #238
Участник

Quote:
I suggest you wait until Argos has told us what to think next time.
haha.

Quote:
Offtop:
I looked at a youtube vid called TARJA TURUNEN & HARUS "You Would Have Loved This" (Live)
The only thing she had in common with Yula was there was no SML kick. If that is typical of her sound then it is not for me.
Offtop:

Did i say i wanted to compare them ? 0_o It wasn't even my goal.
Then i suggest you to look at Tarja Turunen when she was in Nightwish. Of course, if you don't like "Metal Symphonic" and "Lyric voice", no need to waste your time.

Quote:
Apart from Yulia, the only other artist where I like almost everything she has done is Melanie, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PKA2tn1Ms
That's cool. Authentic.

Quote:
Back to those who say Yulia needs to improve. I worry that any “improvement" on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAMfzlI3MWk would be a step in the wrong direction.
You can think whatever you want RowerB, you are wrong.
"You've got to show me your "WAAAAYS"... => OUCH"
Old 25-12-2011, 18:35   #239
Участник

Quote:
Then i suggest you to look at Tarja Turunen when she was in Nightwish.
Offtop:
I listed to the youtube vids: Tarja Turunen *song: Nightwish - Angels Fall First* and nightwish - sleeping sun. I don’t mind that style too much, but I don’t think I could take too much of it the way she sings it. The end theme to Laputa The Flying Island has a lot more clout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVMGv...eature=related

Quote:
you are wrong.
Obviously I think I’m right. That Running Blind blasts the both album versions out of the water.

If I am wrong however, there is something majorly amiss with this world.
Old 25-12-2011, 19:30   #240
Участник

Quote:
Offtop:
I listed to the youtube vids: Tarja Turunen *song: Nightwish - Angels Fall First* and nightwish - sleeping sun. I don’t mind that style too much, but I don’t think I could take too much of it the way she sings it. The end theme to Laputa The Flying Island has a lot more clout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVMGv...eature=related
Listen to Phantom of the Opera.
Of course Laputa is great. But not the same style.

Quote:
If I am wrong however, there is something majorly amiss with this world.
The main problem is that you don't even want to admit that you could be wrong. So i would say what is amissing here is a bit you.
ReplyPost New Thread